No
73%

Total votes: 26

ByeByeDre
Rookie
And1: 373

Trade #7 for #14, #26, #30 and Tacko Fall 

Post#1 » by ByeByeDre » Wed Sep 2, 2020 4:24 am

For Pistons - Get four young cost controlled players, then trade for crappy contracts with future picks attached. That’s a rebuild.

For Celtics - chance to move up and get a better player. Also, they have 13 guaranteed contracts already, so some of those picks are going to be on the move anyways.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Re: Trade #7 for #14, #26, #30 and Tacko Fall 

Post#2 » by MotownMadness » Wed Sep 2, 2020 6:00 am

I vote no cause I'm more worried about trying to get BPA and maybe get lucky with a franchise type prospect. We just really need to get a good draft hit and dont want to move back that far
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,349

Post#3 » by Billl » Wed Sep 2, 2020 1:15 pm

Hard pass. We don't need more roll players. We need building blocks. A high draft pick is the only upside to sucking all year.
NYPiston
Analyst
And1: 3,030

Post#4 » by NYPiston » Wed Sep 2, 2020 3:07 pm

I probably would. This is the type of draft where the best players could very well be found later in the draft and this gives them a lot more lottery tickets to play with to find a franchise player. Chances are minimal that they find that guy at 7 in this draft anyway so might as well get more kicks at the can. This is the draft to trade down, decent depth very weak high end.
vic
Veteran
And1: 1,044

Post#5 » by vic » Wed Sep 2, 2020 9:07 pm

Let's fill our bench with more role players and give the talent to the Boston Celtics. Because the Celtics already have multiple Superstars. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer.

That's life.
You need 2-way wings, 2-way shooting bigs, and you can't allow low iq players on the court. Assist/turnover ratio is crucial. Shooting point guards are icing on the cake IF they are plus defenders.
Weaver & Casey, govern yourselves accordingly!
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,786

Post#6 » by DBC10 » Wed Sep 2, 2020 9:31 pm

I say no, only because I have zero idea about who is even relevant in those ranges that the Celtics are slotted for.
stylesofpunk
Junior
And1: 140

Post#7 » by stylesofpunk » Thu Sep 3, 2020 12:01 am

Just thinking out loud here but could we get a trade thread or a what would you do in the offseason thread to keep them all in one thread.
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#8 » by edmunder_prc » Thu Sep 3, 2020 2:12 am

It depends who is there.

The Pistons need a bunch of Wonka bars and hope for a golden ticket. If after months of studying the top 30 guys or so they dont see a great pick at 7, roll the damn dice man.

Is there really that big of a difference between 7 and 14?

Then add two more lottery tickets. Cut all the veterans, trade them for more picks. Honestly none of this matters unless Blake has been getting some new nano-technology on his legs, children's blood transfusions and stem cell treatment.
Crymson
Rookie
And1: 450

Post#9 » by Crymson » Thu Sep 3, 2020 2:32 am

I've said it elsewhere: the odds are against #26 and #30 developing into NBA role players. If you get a solid role player at the end of the first round, it's a win. The Pistons need a shot at good talent. This trade would basically amount to #7 for #14 and two scratch-off tickets. Not worth.

Tacko does not have the footspeed to be an NBA player. He's a novelty, nothing more.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#10 » by Pharaoh » Thu Sep 3, 2020 4:14 am

stylesofpunk wrote:Just thinking out loud here but could we get a trade thread or a what would you do in the offseason thread to keep them all in one thread.
I'm cool with this if it happens.

If not

The board isn't busy enough for threads to get bumped off the first page quickly

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app
stylesofpunk
Junior
And1: 140

Post#11 » by stylesofpunk » Thu Sep 3, 2020 4:21 am

Pharaoh wrote:
stylesofpunk wrote:Just thinking out loud here but could we get a trade thread or a what would you do in the offseason thread to keep them all in one thread.
I'm cool with this if it happens.

If not

The board isn't busy enough for threads to get bumped off the first page quickly

It was more of a suggestion to keep it in one post them have a new thread each time someone comes up with a trade idea
LaSheed
Bench Warmer
And1: 556

Post#12 » by LaSheed » Thu Sep 3, 2020 8:24 am

I dont remember where I seen the proposal but it was with the Celtics.

Rose/Kennard for Kanter/Edwards/Porier (Ojeleye may or may not have been included) for #14 & #30. (2nd rounders may or may not have been included also).

That's pretty close imo when considering these factors:

Lottery pick for Kennard.....check
1st rd pick for an expiring Rose......check
4 guys to fill the roster out.
The money coming in doesnt take up any of our cap this off-season so we can add future assets with our cap space.

I'd rather get a future pick from Boston in the next 2 years but I'd probably settle for this.
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#13 » by Pharaoh » Thu Sep 3, 2020 9:54 pm

LaSheed wrote:I dont remember where I seen the proposal but it was with the Celtics.

Rose/Kennard for Kanter/Edwards/Porier (Ojeleye may or may not have been included) for #14 & #30. (2nd rounders may or may not have been included also).

That's pretty close imo when considering these factors:

Lottery pick for Kennard.....check
1st rd pick for an expiring Rose......check
4 guys to fill the roster out.
The money coming in doesnt take up any of our cap this off-season so we can add future assets with our cap space.

I'd rather get a future pick from Boston in the next 2 years but I'd probably settle for this.
Celtics also have #26 to give and there's gotta be cap issues there.

I'd prefer they keep Ojeleye and get the extra pick.

LaSheed
Bench Warmer
And1: 556

Post#14 » by LaSheed » Thu Sep 3, 2020 11:13 pm

Yah didn't really look into the deal but it seems Celtics are taking on too much money for it to be completed.
ByeByeDre
Rookie
And1: 373

Post#15 » by ByeByeDre » Sat Sep 5, 2020 5:20 am

Crymson wrote:I've said it elsewhere: the odds are against #26 and #30 developing into NBA role players.

The last eight players taken 26 and 30......

Windler - missed season due to injury - jury’s out
Porter Jr - 10ppg and 23 mpg as a rookie - Easily a role player, perhaps better
Shamet - started over half the games this year on a title favorite
Spellman - bounced up and down, not quite role player level, at least yet
Swanigan - he’s going to be bounced out of the league
Hart - plays 27 minutes a game for the Pels, 10 ppg, role player/starter
Korkmaz - scored 10 a game this season on a playoff team. Role player
Jones - was Golden State’s starter last year until he got hurt, started half the games for Atlanta this year.

Not including the injured guy, six of the seven others would get role player minutes on the Pistons easily. Heck, four or five could start on this train wreck!

The best at 7 was Jamal Murray, the next best is Markkanen, followed by Carter Jr. And Coby White. Meh. The best at 14 is Bam, followed by Otto Porter Jr.

To me, for the Pistons, I would take Porter, Hart and Porter over Markkanen. Murray versus Bam, Shamet and Korkmaz? Up until a week ago I’d take the three. The Pistons need multiple good basketball players. Considering for every Murray there’s a Wendell Carter Jr, give me the three cost controlled picks.
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#16 » by Pharaoh » Sat Sep 5, 2020 10:53 am

ByeByeDre wrote:
Crymson wrote:I've said it elsewhere: the odds are against #26 and #30 developing into NBA role players.

The last eight players taken 26 and 30......

Windler - missed season due to injury - jury’s out
Porter Jr - 10ppg and 23 mpg as a rookie - Easily a role player, perhaps better
Shamet - started over half the games this year on a title favorite
Spellman - bounced up and down, not quite role player level, at least yet
Swanigan - he’s going to be bounced out of the league
Hart - plays 27 minutes a game for the Pels, 10 ppg, role player/starter
Korkmaz - scored 10 a game this season on a playoff team. Role player
Jones - was Golden State’s starter last year until he got hurt, started half the games for Atlanta this year.

Not including the injured guy, six of the seven others would get role player minutes on the Pistons easily. Heck, four or five could start on this train wreck!

The best at 7 was Jamal Murray, the next best is Markkanen, followed by Carter Jr. And Coby White. Meh. The best at 14 is Bam, followed by Otto Porter Jr.

To me, for the Pistons, I would take Porter, Hart and Porter over Markkanen. Murray versus Bam, Shamet and Korkmaz? Up until a week ago I’d take the three. The Pistons need multiple good basketball players. Considering for every Murray there’s a Wendell Carter Jr, give me the three cost controlled picks.
You're looking at best case scenario though.

I'm of the opinion that acquiring more picks is exactly what we should do and it seems teams are willing to shift their picks in this Draft.

We can take advantage of that - assuming that's true of course.

Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#17 » by Manocad » Sat Sep 5, 2020 2:01 pm

I’d do it. Unless there’s a player who looks like a bona fide starter available at 7, I’d take three chances over one. The Pistons still need to suck for another year. This is what the Patriots have done for years and it seems to have worked out okay.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#18 » by MotownMadness » Sat Sep 5, 2020 3:14 pm

Manocad wrote:I’d do it. Unless there’s a player who looks like a bona fide starter available at 7, I’d take three chances over one. The Pistons still need to suck for another year. This is what the Patriots have done for years and it seems to have worked out okay.

Could probably just buy one of those picks off Boston at the end of the first honestly. I doubt they use them all and will get rid of one for cheap like taking on Kanter for 30. No reason to drop 7 spots at the top over it.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#19 » by Manocad » Sat Sep 5, 2020 4:10 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
Manocad wrote:I’d do it. Unless there’s a player who looks like a bona fide starter available at 7, I’d take three chances over one. The Pistons still need to suck for another year. This is what the Patriots have done for years and it seems to have worked out okay.

Could probably just buy one of those picks off Boston at the end of the first honestly. I doubt they use them all and will get rid of one for cheap like taking on Kanter for 30. No reason to drop 7 spots at the top over it.

Two more first rounders to drop from 7 to 14 in THIS draft? I fail to see the downside there.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#20 » by MotownMadness » Sat Sep 5, 2020 4:17 pm

Manocad wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:

Two more first rounders to drop from 7 to 14 in THIS draft? I fail to see the downside there.

Because it's not that bad of a draft or that unusual at 7. The draft just lacks a stand out star at the top like Davis or Zion and people are thinking that means the whole thing sucks.

There will still be players with All star potential at 7 and why not just pick up a extra pick taking on salary like we all wanted to do at the end of the 1st instead of dropping all the way down to 14?

Return to Detroit Pistons