ImageImageImageImageImage

Free Agent Talk

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 414

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#1001 » by superunknown » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:45 am

Mylie10 wrote:Oh and I like this Jeff Green. Not so much the previous versions.

great pick up so far for houston.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#1002 » by Kuya » Thu Sep 3, 2020 8:33 am

i was happy with Alec Burks and GRIII, would love to bring back at least one of them
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#1003 » by GswStorm3 » Fri Sep 4, 2020 6:31 am

I saw his name brought up a few months ago. Marc Gasol looks pretty bad.
ClutchUp
Junior
And1: 121

Post#1004 » by ClutchUp » Fri Sep 4, 2020 11:20 pm

I wanted Crowder but he may be playing himself out of our price range.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,125

Post#1005 » by TB » Tue Sep 8, 2020 8:35 pm

ClutchUp wrote:I wanted Crowder but he may be playing himself out of our price range.

Was thinking same thing. Crowder been my MLE pick for a while but now its seeming like he may have found a home in Miami plus be worth more than we can spend.

Whats everyone's thoughts on Poeltl? He's an elite rim protector and solid all around player that may be interested in a bigger role at the MLE amount. Could be a perfect center platoon with Chriss; especially if we go for wings using picks/TPE.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,135

Post#1006 » by wco81 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 12:37 am

He'd be great but he was the #9 pick in 2016 so unless the Spurs have another C prospect, hard to see the Spurs letting him go unless he gets as huge offer sheet.

But they've only played him 18 minutes a game.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Post#1007 » by cdubbz » Wed Sep 9, 2020 1:11 am

GswStorm3 wrote:I saw his name brought up a few months ago. Marc Gasol looks pretty bad.

Helllooooooo Vet minimum! Our big man veteran for Wiseman. I’m sure Gasol would be rejuvenated playing low minutes and getting some DNPs early on. Ramp up his minutes later like we did Iggy.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
TB
General Manager

Post#1008 » by TB » Wed Sep 9, 2020 4:51 pm

Gasol has definitely entered the vet min criteria. In no way should the MLE go his way.
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Post#1009 » by ShayDee » Wed Sep 9, 2020 5:11 pm

TB wrote:Gasol has definitely entered the vet min criteria. In no way should the MLE go his way.

I'm sure people thought I Was crazy when I mentioned this months ago. Bogut was the same age as Gaosl is now and he couildn't even remain on the floor in the playoffs last year. How/why on earth should we pay Gasol 6mil when he cannot run, jump, rebound, finish around the basket, block shots, guard smaller/quicker players. Makes no sense. His shooting has even fallen of drastically I would just take Wiseman at 2
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,135

Post#1010 » by wco81 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 7:33 pm

ShayDee
Rookie

Post#1011 » by ShayDee » Wed Sep 9, 2020 7:39 pm

All those players are FAs apart from Matthews with a PO. Did he not do his research? Does he expect us to do a sign and trade when we are already over the arpon? I do not understand. Are we going to dump Wiggins? What's going on here. You cannot sign a player outright with the trade exception

None of them are realistic apart from DJ Augustine who can sign a min contract
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,177

Post#1012 » by xdrta+ » Wed Sep 9, 2020 7:54 pm

ShayDee wrote:

All those players are FAs apart from Matthews with a PO. Did he not do his research? Does he expect us to do a sign and trade when we are already over the arpon? I do not understand. Are we going to dump Wiggins? What's going on here. You cannot sign a player outright with the trade exception

None of them are realistic apart from DJ Augustine who can sign a min contract

That's a very weird article. He seems to think you can sign a FA with the trade exception.
TB
General Manager

Post#1013 » by TB » Wed Sep 9, 2020 8:06 pm

Ya that article is basically options for the MLE and/or vet minimum. Not sure why they are talking TPE when none of the players would qualify for it.

So lets discuss the 6 he mentioned for MLE/Vet:
Ibaka - yes, would love to use full MLE on him. But guessing hes well over that price.
Harris - yes, would love to use full MLE on him. But guessing hes well over that price.
Crowder - yes, would love to use full MLE on him. But guessing hes well over that price.
Favors - Interesting option. I'd put him in the Poeltl category of being perfectly fine using MLE on him to split C duties with Chriss. Would much prefer Poeltl.
Wes / DJ - would be nice vet min additions, but would be pretty upset if our MLE was used to split between these two. Even if they would help depth (also means dropping a player or two like Bowman/Lee).
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#1014 » by Mylie10 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:35 am

Irregardless of Monte Poole if there is a way to land Ibaka and Smart, we are set and it’s on like Donkey Kong.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
TB
General Manager

Post#1015 » by TB » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:08 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Irregardless of Monte Poole if there is a way to land Ibaka and Smart, we are set and it’s on like Donkey Kong.

I mean, it's possible...

Ibaka agrees to MLE (unlikely but possible)

TPE and 2nd for Smart and 1 or 2 of their 1st rounders. (unlikely but possible)
SF_Warriors
General Manager
And1: 3,794

Post#1016 » by SF_Warriors » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:30 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
wco81 wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
Everyone knew they were going to be moved that day. No leverage.

Remind me what were the reasons?

Did it provide some cap reliefs?

Were they playing too well?

Huge cap relief. We got out from under their salary and under the luxury tax threshold so that the repeater tax wouldn't trigger again. It also gave us space under the apron that allowed us to sign Chriss, Lee, Bowman and Mulder.

Also IIRC both guys were free agents. Getting three second round picks for minimum salary expiring contracts is a solid move.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Post#1017 » by cdubbz » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:23 pm

What’s Boogie’s plan? Anyone know? Is he going to re sign with the Lakers again?

I would love to have a ring chasing “hired gun” come to the Warriors. A higher profile free agent who just wants to win a ring.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#1018 » by jason bourne » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:29 pm

TB wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:Irregardless of Monte Poole if there is a way to land Ibaka and Smart, we are set and it’s on like Donkey Kong.

I mean, it's possible...

Forget Smart as the Celtics won't deal him as he does for the Celtics what the Warriors want from him.

Ibaka was a little better than Draymond in the regular season. He will probably get a multi-year contract in the $100 M+ range like Draymond as a comparison.

Instead, I rather hope that the Knicks would end up dealing Mitchell Robinson for the #2 pick, i.e. the Knicks bank on getting LaMelo or AntMan future stardom, and give up their #8 pick, too. With the #8 pick, the Ws can hope to get Okoro or Haliburton to play perimeter defense, shoot 3-balls, and start on the 2nd team rn. Will they do that? I dunno.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
TB
General Manager

Post#1019 » by TB » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:11 pm

jason bourne wrote:
TB wrote:

I mean, it's possible...

Forget Smart as the Celtics won't deal him as he does for the Celtics what the Warriors want from him.

Ibaka was a little better than Draymond in the regular season. He will probably get a multi-year contract in the $100 M+ range like Draymond as a comparison.

Instead, I rather hope that the Knicks would end up dealing Mitchell Robinson for the #2 pick, i.e. the Knicks bank on getting LaMelo or AntMan future stardom, and give up their #8 pick, too. With the #8 pick, the Ws can hope to get Okoro or Haliburton to play perimeter defense, shoot 3-balls, and start on the 2nd team rn. Will they do that? I dunno.

Yup, I agree with pretty much all of that. Smart won't be dealt, Ibaka worth too much to sign, and i'd also be interested in a trade back if it gets us Robinson and Haliburton for instance.
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#1020 » by ShayDee » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:53 am

Bob be verryyyyyy Wary of offering Gasol anything. I'd rather have Wiseman at this point. Gasol cannot be the reason you pass him up

Return to Golden State Warriors