Rockets in 7
6%

Total votes: 18

1bigfan13
Pro Prospect
And1: 817

Re: WCQF: Oklahoma City Thunder vs Houston Rockets | P1 

Post#381 » by 1bigfan13 » Thu Sep 3, 2020 4:35 am

Bazley was great on both ends tonight. It's a shame he only got 15 minutes of playing time. Imagine if Donovan trusted Bazley like he trusts Dort....maybe that means less Adams in the 4th Qtr and OKC's offense is better at the end.
lebron stopper
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,049

Post#382 » by lebron stopper » Thu Sep 3, 2020 5:13 am

Wonder what Presti is going to do with Gallinari. Damn good player with a great skillset, but is injury prone, doesn't fit OKC's current timeline at all, and has a history of shrinking in the playoffs (like he did last postseason and tonight). Although if CP3 is still on the team somehow by the end of the offseason, I guess Presti brings him back to keep him happy or something.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#383 » by getrichordie » Thu Sep 3, 2020 5:25 am

Can't wait to hear all the "20/20 hindsight" Donovan criticism and "Fire Donovan" posts... so easy to say "what if this" and "what if that..."

We had a legitimate chance to beat the Rockets in a G7 and we entered the series as underdogs. That's all you can realistically ask for...
[twitter] @thunderdustin
QPR
Veteran
And1: 3,802

Post#384 » by QPR » Thu Sep 3, 2020 5:39 am

getrichordie wrote:Can't wait to hear all the "20/20 hindsight" Donovan criticism and "Fire Donovan" posts... so easy to say "what if this" and "what if that..."

We had a legitimate chance to beat the Rockets in a G7 and we entered the series as underdogs. That's all you can realistically ask for...

He did not coach well this series though.
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#385 » by getrichordie » Thu Sep 3, 2020 5:43 am

QPR wrote:
getrichordie wrote:Can't wait to hear all the "20/20 hindsight" Donovan criticism and "Fire Donovan" posts... so easy to say "what if this" and "what if that..."

He did not coach well this series though.

Yup. He should be fired. We had a chance to beat HOU in a G7 w/ a lesser roster... /s
[twitter] @thunderdustin
QPR
Veteran
And1: 3,802

Post#386 » by QPR » Thu Sep 3, 2020 6:01 am

I didn't say he should be fired. But his rotations were all over the place and really, Houston are not that good.
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#387 » by getrichordie » Thu Sep 3, 2020 7:01 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#388 » by Pillendreher » Thu Sep 3, 2020 8:08 am

Thunder giving the last shot to a trash player because they are completely unable to generate a good look for their good players? Imagine my shock.

I'm sure they'll get it done next year. The 5th time's the charm.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,201

Post#389 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Sep 3, 2020 8:40 am

You don’t have to hang around here to find it. Plenty of non thunder fans are giving it to him on the general board. You have pretty much taken the opposite extreme view that you criticize others of having. He’s above reproach on anything. You brag on him after a win and then get snarky like this after a loss.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#390 » by Pillendreher » Thu Sep 3, 2020 8:57 am

ThunderBolt wrote:

You don’t have to hang around here to find it. Plenty of non thunder fans are giving it to him on the general board. You have pretty much taken the opposite extreme view that you criticize others of having. He’s above reproach on anything. You brag on him after a win and then get snarky like this after a loss.

Not winning a single Playoff series in four years while leading the league salary wise basically every year after 2017 is indeed all you can ask for. There's already too much pressure on the franchise as it is. Just being a part of the NBA should be enough.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#391 » by Pillendreher » Thu Sep 3, 2020 9:01 am

Against a team with no Center, Steven 'Max contract' Adams should average 20/15, not 10/12. At some point you just have to ask yourself whether that next step is ever going to come and whether there will be season where's not "injured" all the time.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,109

Post#392 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Sep 3, 2020 9:30 am

**** this

Still proud of our team. We had the game though ;(
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#393 » by getrichordie » Thu Sep 3, 2020 10:01 am

ThunderBolt wrote:

Turns out if you have common sense, you're in the minority these days. Like I said, it's super easy to criticize when things don't work instead of give respect where it is due. And for the most part, Donovan was above reproach. I do have my critiques though, but I can't justify going overboard with stuff like "fire Donovan" or "Donovan sucks..." or some of the super easy lazy takes where people just parrot what others say...

In regards to the high payroll over last 5 years, it is very misleading because you are choosing to leave out that we ran into 73-win Warriors in Billy's 1st year in the league and Presti paid out some bad contracts/made poor draft choices over the next few years. 2nd year was a joke. 3rd and 4th year, injuries, declines, and weird roster fits... and this year we are relying on UDFA to defend James freaking Harden...
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#394 » by Old Man Game » Thu Sep 3, 2020 10:59 am

I hate it to have lost but dang if this team didn't me a lot to me this year. I went through some really tough stuff personally this past year and just having the thunder games, having the team actually be fun and compelling to take my mind off everything ... I'm just really thankful for them.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#395 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Sep 3, 2020 11:40 am

Pillendreher wrote:Against a team with no Center, Steven 'Max contract' Adams should average 20/15, not 10/12. At some point you just have to ask yourself whether that next step is ever going to come and whether there will be season where's not "injured" all the time.

The next step is most likely a regression due to his body not being able to keep up with the demands of his high minutes.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#396 » by Galloisdaman » Thu Sep 3, 2020 11:41 am

Dort proved me wrong at least for this last game. I apologize to Dort. He hit those shots in game 7.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#397 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Sep 3, 2020 12:03 pm

getrichordie wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:

Turns out if you have common sense, you're in the minority these days. Like I said, it's super easy to criticize when things don't work instead of give respect where it is due. And for the most part, Donovan was above reproach. I do have my critiques though, but I can't justify going overboard with stuff like "fire Donovan" or "Donovan sucks..." or some of the super easy lazy takes where people just parrot what others say...

In regards to the high payroll over last 5 years, it is very misleading because you are choosing to leave out that we ran into 73-win Warriors in Billy's 1st year in the league and Presti paid out some bad contracts/made poor draft choices over the next few years. 2nd year was a joke. 3rd and 4th year, injuries, declines, and weird roster fits... and this year we are relying on UDFA to defend James freaking Harden...

Billy doesn’t earn bonus points for blowing a 3-1 lead in my book. Sorry this isn’t a pre-k track event where he gets an “also ran” ribbon. The other years, yes we had roster flaws but so do other teams rosters. The second year the Taj Gibson situation was a debacle. The third year we were actually the higher seed and lost. The fourth year we played a Portland team that was missing their second best player and we couldn’t figure out how to stop Enes Kanter, a guy that brad Stevens can’t fix. Danuel House isn’t a lottery pick that the rockets acquired either. The rockets aren’t even playing a center. Yet they seem to be using a disadvantage to their benefit. Let’s see how they handle Anthony Davis, Javale McGhee and Dwight Howard next round.

I’ve said before I don’t think he’s the worst coach in the league. I also don’t think he’s our Popovich like you mentioned. Coaches are expendable. They aren’t like young guys that I’m willing to give more leniency to develop. Anyways, I imagine billy is back next year and for years to come so you will likely get your wish.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#398 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Sep 3, 2020 12:09 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:Dort proved me wrong at least for this last game. I apologize to Dort. He hit those shots in game 7.

The encouraging thing for me is Shai, Bazley and Dort got good playoff experience. Despite’s Dort’s struggles, he ends the playoffs on a game that should be motivating and not confidence crushing for him. I think shai is a smart player and he knows his weaknesses got exposed this series. I’m a bazley fan. I’m always optimistic for young guys but I really felt like I saw things with him early on that make me think he’s a unique player. I don’t know what his ceiling his yet but I’m all in on him.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#399 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Sep 3, 2020 12:10 pm

Oh well. The season wasn't as I wanted (wanted a high draft pick and to trade Gallo for value) but still a positive season in my opinion.

SGA had a great regular season (not so great in the playoffs), Bazley showed potential, Dort being the biggest surprise of our team obviously and we sign him a on crazy good deal. Also Schroeder and CP3 improved their trade value (maybe not CP3 because of money and Covid situation)

I LOVE Adams but I definitely don't want him for the future. Just too slow for current NBA.

A bit skeptical about our offseason because most of our vets have only a slight positive trade value and not more than that and the covid situation is gonna impact teams in a big way, but we still have some options so I hope Presti don't **** it.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#400 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Sep 3, 2020 12:14 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:Dort proved me wrong at least for this last game. I apologize to Dort. He hit those shots in game 7.

The encouraging thing for me is Shai, Bazley and Dort got good playoff experience. Despite’s Dort’s struggles, he ends the playoffs on a game that should be motivating and not confidence crushing for him. I think shai is a smart player and he knows his weaknesses got exposed this series. I’m a bazley fan. I’m always optimistic for young guys but I really felt like I saw things with him early on that make me think he’s a unique player. I don’t know what his ceiling his yet but I’m all in on him.

Yeah we basically had one very very good prospect in SGA and now we already have 3 young players with relatively ''high'' potential (obviously SGA on a diferent level/ceiling than the others). Add a couple of very good prospects and we are good to go...

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder