ImageImageImage

Miami Heat (5) @ Milwaukee Bucks (1) September 2nd @ 630 PM EST

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Re: Miami Heat (5) @ Milwaukee Bucks (1) September 2nd @ 630 PM EST 

Post#1061 » by HeatIn5 » Thu Sep 3, 2020 11:04 am

Chalm Down wrote:
HerroBalls wrote:
Cmon_Son-_- wrote:This game legit has left me physically and mentally exhausted.

It definitely took a couple days off the end of my life.

Some day they’ll tell my kids and grandkids “he was gonna die soon. But he would’ve made it a few more days if it wasn’t for game 2 heat bucks 2020”

how many days did game 6 2013 take off

I still To this day feel bad for the things I said about LeBron down the stretch. Meanest things I’ve ever said about anyone in my life.
Read on Twitter
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,643

Post#1062 » by DayofMourning » Thu Sep 3, 2020 11:32 am

Giannis a -7.

Khris a +18...!

Khris has been a high impact player for them all year.
Shootit
Junior
And1: 633

Post#1063 » by Shootit » Thu Sep 3, 2020 11:36 am

Chalm Down wrote:
HerroBalls wrote:
Cmon_Son-_- wrote:This game legit has left me physically and mentally exhausted.

It definitely took a couple days off the end of my life.

Some day they’ll tell my kids and grandkids “he was gonna die soon. But he would’ve made it a few more days if it wasn’t for game 2 heat bucks 2020”

how many days did game 6 2013 take off

Better way to measure game 6 is in years. :lol:
Between all my teams I think they've had a worse impact on me than if I smoked.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,356

Post#1064 » by Bishop45 » Thu Sep 3, 2020 1:15 pm

DayofMourning wrote:Giannis a -7.

Khris a +18...!

#SaveKhris
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Riley is God
Sophomore
And1: 114

Post#1065 » by Riley is God » Thu Sep 3, 2020 1:16 pm

MadD23 wrote:
KL78192020 wrote:
carnageta wrote:
I'd have to disagree. Outside of one late costly turnover, Butler made the right 'basketball' play the entire night. The Milwaukee defense sure wasn't going to allow Butler to get by his man and be left open, the way they did in game 1. Every twist and turn Butler made was countered by multiple bodies from the opposition.

Yup he did everything right tonight except that one play. Its not about scoring, they played good defense on him and he found his teammates.

If you think 12 pts from your Max player was good then ok. But we'll need more from him offensively to close out this series.

no offense, but i think this is a pretty weak take. it should be looked at as the opposite. if you only get 12 points from your MAX player and find a way to win, thats a great sign
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,167

Post#1066 » by Heat3 » Thu Sep 3, 2020 1:20 pm

Report: NBA Executive says Giannis Antetokounmpo will join Miami Heat for game 4 if Bucks lose game 3
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,134

Post#1067 » by dolphinatik » Thu Sep 3, 2020 1:35 pm

Herro, Butler, Dragic, Kelly, DRob I feel like they are going do do the things they have been consistently doing for us and they deserve praise but when I think about it Crowder has really been a difference maker with his shot making. He has always been a willing 3pt shooter but shaky. He has been reliable and a pleasant surprise.

Bam is due a monster game too
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,623

Post#1068 » by AirP. » Thu Sep 3, 2020 2:02 pm

MadD23 wrote:If you think 12 pts from your Max player was good then ok. But we'll need more from him offensively to close out this series.

You still don't get what Butler is? He's a HARD WORKING scorer (no real god given physical talent to help making scoring easy) which eats up a lot of energy plus he actually believes in his teammates... not that they're just good but they're willing to do the right play to try to win, not just "get theirs" which was a problem in Minnesota with Towns(Wiggins didn't cause waves with Butler much, Butler just didn't care for him not working hard with his god given physical advantages).

The best thing for Minnesota will be a new owner(same for Phoenix). If Thibs would have had the backing of the owner instead of the owner backing the 2 young guys(Towns, Wiggins) Minnesota would have ended up having an environment like Miami's, meaning hard working and everyone on the same page about that from the players to the owner, which would have led Minnesota to currently be a powerhouse in the West right now... but they didn't and Butler saw that and did everything he could to not waste more of his prime there.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#1069 » by AirP. » Thu Sep 3, 2020 2:56 pm

Khris a +18...!

The Heat are game planning against Giannis and basically have everyone on the court watching him, not so much Middleton.

The issue, Bud isn't making many adjustments, at least ones that work. I get the idea of creating an offense that over 82 games can win you a lot of game when you have superior talent, but the playoffs are different, it's overall much higher talent then the regular season and with no back to backs, you can play your top talent on the roster more minutes. It's why the best player in the series is way more important in the playoffs. Giannis played 35 minutes and Middleton only played 33 in a game which came down to the last seconds of the game. I'm sorry but you can't be managing minutes in the playoffs, it's the time you push your players to their limits.

The way Giannis is talking in the interviews, he's not going to overstep his coach which means, he needs a franchise who's coach will demand the best from him, that would be a team like Miami, Golden State, San Antonio, LA(while LeBron is there), and quite possibly New York with Thibodeau as their coach(and sounding like management will be behind him too).
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,368

Post#1070 » by MHeat0279 » Thu Sep 3, 2020 6:07 pm

AirP. wrote:

Khris a +18...!

The Heat are game planning against Giannis and basically have everyone on the court watching him, not so much Middleton.

The issue, Bud isn't making many adjustments, at least ones that work. I get the idea of creating an offense that over 82 games can win you a lot of game when you have superior talent, but the playoffs are different, it's overall much higher talent then the regular season and with no back to backs, you can play your top talent on the roster more minutes. It's why the best player in the series is way more important in the playoffs. Giannis played 35 minutes and Middleton only played 33 in a game which came down to the last seconds of the game. I'm sorry but you can't be managing minutes in the playoffs, it's the time you push your players to their limits.

The way Giannis is talking in the interviews, he's not going to overstep his coach which means, he needs a franchise who's coach will demand the best from him, that would be a team like Miami, Golden State, San Antonio, LA(while LeBron is there), and quite possibly New York with Thibodeau as their coach(and sounding like management will be behind him too).

Correct, Middleton is scoring consistently because the whole Heat team is locked in on Giannis, he is a system player ( a very good system player) nothing more.
FinNasty
Veteran
And1: 2,806

Post#1071 » by FinNasty » Thu Sep 3, 2020 7:03 pm

IggieCC wrote:
Wiltside wrote:Just remembered this is the second game in a row that Bam has hit a clutch end of clock iso J to save our asses.

Woy. If that becomes a consistent weapon he’s gonna be a monster.

Teams play him like he's a liability outchea and it's shaken his confidence a little bit at times but I don't see that often anymore.

I'm very comfortable him taking that shot. It's basically a free throw for him and he's also shooting 85% from FT line in the playoffs :o

Bam is often given 7+ feet when sitting there at the free throw line area... and Bam is always looking for someone to pass it to. No one even considers that Bam would just shoot that, including Bam. He needs to take that open pull-up and get good with it. It will only open up Bam’s passing lanes and improve his play making ability...
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,644

Post#1072 » by HEATVols865 » Thu Sep 3, 2020 7:07 pm

So Raptors and Heat are the favorites to land Giannis if he opts out next summer

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#1073 » by goodboy » Thu Sep 3, 2020 7:17 pm

Chalm Down wrote:
goodboy wrote:I proposed a trade on Bucks pg thread, hope it goes well

do u like being banned? does it turn u on

Bright
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#1074 » by goodboy » Thu Sep 3, 2020 7:17 pm

It was a good trade proposal imho
Bright
MadD23
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,437

Post#1075 » by MadD23 » Thu Sep 3, 2020 9:28 pm

AirP. wrote:
MadD23 wrote:If you think 12 pts from your Max player was good then ok. But we'll need more from him offensively to close out this series.

You still don't get what Butler is? He's a HARD WORKING scorer (no real god given physical talent to help making scoring easy) which eats up a lot of energy plus he actually believes in his teammates... not that they're just good but they're willing to do the right play to try to win, not just "get theirs" which was a problem in Minnesota with Towns(Wiggins didn't cause waves with Butler much, Butler just didn't care for him not working hard with his god given physical advantages).

The best thing for Minnesota will be a new owner(same for Phoenix). If Thibs would have had the backing of the owner instead of the owner backing the 2 young guys(Towns, Wiggins) Minnesota would have ended up having an environment like Miami's, meaning hard working and everyone on the same page about that from the players to the owner, which would have led Minnesota to currently be a powerhouse in the West right now... but they didn't and Butler saw that and did everything he could to not waste more of his prime there.

I understand and I am a fan of who Butler is, but we need more from him offensively, we got away with terrible crunch time execution and walked out with a huge win, great, I am happy, but expecting more from Butler offensively should not be viewed as I am hating on the player, I just want more from him to make sure we finish them off and we'll need even more from him and everyone else to win in the next round.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#1076 » by AirP. » Fri Sep 4, 2020 5:11 am

MadD23 wrote:
AirP. wrote:

I understand and I am a fan of who Butler is, but we need more from him offensively, we got away with terrible crunch time execution and walked out with a huge win, great, I am happy, but expecting more from Butler offensively should not be viewed as I am hating on the player, I just want more from him to make sure we finish them off and we'll need even more from him and everyone else to win in the next round.

Butler will do what he thinks is the best option to win games. Sometimes being a decoy or help get someone open is the best scoring option with Butler on the court. I personally don't want to see Butler just go into ball hog mode 5 straight possessions unless he's in the zone, and this is coming from someone who has followed Butler's whole NBA career.

To go a bit further, if Spoelstra or even Riley thought it were for the best for the team to have Butler try to take over near the end, they'd tell Butler and he'd try to do it.
MadD23
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,437

Post#1077 » by MadD23 » Fri Sep 4, 2020 5:37 am

AirP. wrote:
MadD23 wrote:
AirP. wrote:You still don't get what Butler is? He's a HARD WORKING scorer (no real god given physical talent to help making scoring easy) which eats up a lot of energy plus he actually believes in his teammates... not that they're just good but they're willing to do the right play to try to win, not just "get theirs" which was a problem in Minnesota with Towns(Wiggins didn't cause waves with Butler much, Butler just didn't care for him not working hard with his god given physical advantages).

Butler will do what he thinks is the best option to win games. Sometimes being a decoy or help get someone open is the best scoring option with Butler on the court. I personally don't want to see Butler just go into ball hog mode 5 straight possessions unless he's in the zone, and this is coming from someone who has followed Butler's whole NBA career.

To go a bit further, if Spoelstra or even Riley thought it were for the best for the team to have Butler try to take over near the end, they'd tell Butler and he'd try to do it.

I have never said that's what I want from him, I am saying he could give us more offensively and I believe he will. That's all.

Return to Miami Heat