Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#861 » by Mylie10 » Thu Sep 3, 2020 4:58 pm

Little Digger wrote:Rockets beat the lakers in 6

mark it

I don’t see it. The Rockets were a Chris Paul made basket away from losing to a big time inferior team.

All this talk about the League going the way of the Rockets is so over blown. While I can agree with the trend of five out shooting. I still think you need big men to be great. And if your big men can shoot threes as well, then even better.

The Lakers might give Houston 2 games, but Harden turtled up again last night when it mattered, as far as shooting. He had a couple good defensive plays last night, which is great, but Dort isn’t some offensive juggernaut. Kid had a great night and almost took the Rockets out.

Lakers 4-2
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,211

Post#862 » by Onus » Thu Sep 3, 2020 5:15 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
Little Digger wrote:Rockets beat the lakers in 6

mark it

I don’t see it. The Rockets were a Chris Paul made basket away from losing to a big time inferior team.

All this talk about the League going the way of the Rockets is so over blown. While I can agree with the trend of five out shooting. I still think you need big men to be great. And if your big men can shoot threes as well, then even better.

The Lakers might give Houston 2 games, but Harden turtled up again last night when it mattered, as far as shooting. He had a couple good defensive plays last night, which is great, but Dort isn’t some offensive juggernaut. Kid had a great night and almost took the Rockets out.

Lakers 4-2

Celtics most likely to go to the finals in the East with their wings and theis. Big men are liabilities out on the perimeter when superstar wings are such good shooters now.

We’ll see if the rockets can shock tht world and beat the Lakers.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,649

Post#863 » by Coxy » Thu Sep 3, 2020 9:01 pm

I’m all in backing Miami for the title now. I love that squad, their coach, everything. I want Jimmy to get a title.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,233

Post#864 » by xdrta+ » Thu Sep 3, 2020 10:00 pm

Coxy wrote:I’m all in backing Miami for the title now. I love that squad, their coach, everything. I want Jimmy to get a title.

They'll miss Iguodala if he can't come back from the ankle sprain. They could have used him at the end of yesterday's game.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,329

Post#865 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Sep 4, 2020 1:10 am

Gasol getting exposed against smallball Celtics. Do not want.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,211

Post#866 » by Onus » Fri Sep 4, 2020 2:07 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:Gasol getting exposed against smallball Celtics. Do not want.

He shouldn’t be closing. He should soak up 20 min against the big uglies

I’m still shocked curry couldn’t get around him when they doubled him. Smh
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#867 » by Quazza » Fri Sep 4, 2020 4:27 am

Stephen A screaming WHITE PRIVILEGE on the Nash hiring even though it was clearly KD that hired him

Go figure
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,190

Post#868 » by wco81 » Fri Sep 4, 2020 5:19 am

Onus wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:Gasol getting exposed against smallball Celtics. Do not want.

He shouldn’t be closing. He should soak up 20 min against the big uglies

I’m still shocked curry couldn’t get around him when they doubled him. Smh

I don't recall if he tried. Today, they tried to trap Kemba about 35 feet out so he had some room to work some crossovers and blow by Gasol.

7 footers have no business being that far out trying to stay in front of a PG.

But IIRC, FVV got away with playing very physically against Curry, who did not have a great shooting series.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#869 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Sep 4, 2020 3:24 pm

Quazza wrote:Stephen A screaming WHITE PRIVILEGE on the Nash hiring even though it was clearly KD that hired him

Go figure

Way more ignorant than the stuff that got Jemele Hill fired, but he makes them a whole lot more money so it’s all good...

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,387

Post#870 » by ILOVEIT » Fri Sep 4, 2020 11:01 pm

Good call. But tell me which big man is not exposed against small ball? That's why I have no interest in drafting Wiseman.

I would still take Gasol as a short minutes guy or back up for traditional match up periods IF the price is right. But I would prefer Ibaka....
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#871 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Sep 4, 2020 11:33 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:

Good call. But tell me which big man is not exposed against small ball? That's why I have no interest in drafting Wiseman.

I would still take Gasol as a short minutes guy or back up for traditional match up periods IF the price is right. But I would prefer Ibaka....

Time Lord was ballin out in game 3. I'd take a big like that.

Mylie10
RealGM

Post#872 » by Mylie10 » Fri Sep 4, 2020 11:59 pm

Just for context, Gasol set the screen that helped get Annunoby wide open.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#873 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sat Sep 5, 2020 12:03 am

Mylie10 wrote:

Just for context, Gasol set the screen that helped get Annunoby wide open.

that basically means he stood on the X Nick Nurse drew on his clipboard :lol:

Mylie10
RealGM

Post#874 » by Mylie10 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 3:22 am

China still blocking Houston Rockets games just shows how petty that regime can be. Talk about cancel culture.
Khoee wrote “
wco81
RealGM

Post#875 » by wco81 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 3:46 am

Rockets dominate game 1.

No consistent Lakers offense.

That means Lakers big men will muscle up rest of the series like they did vs. Portland. Refs will let them play more physically and use their beef.

People saying if Lakers lose, it’s their fault for trying to sign Kawhi and not signing others, but would that have worked? Kawhi gets most of the usage while Lebron and AD spectate?

In any event they went for big men heavy roster rather than signing guards or forwards so can at least defend.

Let’s see which of the Lakers can defend Harden one on one. The best Harden defender was an undrafted rookie!

But Tucker isn’t soft like Blazers big men.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#876 » by jason bourne » Sat Sep 5, 2020 5:49 am

It could be small ball anybody with wings like Brown and Tatum. Ws should get Gasol if he's cheap. He will help clog the paint and he reminds of me of what Bogut used to do. High b-ball IQ. Gasol's strength is shooting the 3-ball and passing on offense and he's been really struggling with it; It could be being sick and tired and not adjusting well to the pandemic. He missed all three of his wide open 3-pt shots. The Craptors have been in the Bubble the longest because of US quarantine rules.

I don't think Ws are thinking they're a small ball team like the Rockets. I have no trouble seeing the Lakers come back. It took a phenomenal game by Harden for Rockets to win.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
wco81
RealGM

Post#877 » by wco81 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 6:08 am

Gasol still effective on defense. He pretty much shut down Tatum's drives in game 3.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Toronto gets away with playing both Lowry and FVV at the same time because they channel him towards Gasol.

Ibaka can still block shots but the sheer mass of Gasol makes it difficult for opponents to finish in the restricted area.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,387

Post#878 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Sep 5, 2020 3:11 pm

Tatum....The Celtic fans and the league want him to be a great so much....but I just don't see it. He's an all-star...but not super star IMO. He reminds me just a tiny tiny big of Harrison Barnes in that he is sort of mechanical...too deliberate and a little slow.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#879 » by Mylie10 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 3:15 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:Tatum....The Celtic fans and the league want him to be a great so much....but I just don't see it. He's an all-star...but not super star IMO. He reminds me just a tiny tiny big of Harrison Barnes in that he is sort of mechanical...too deliberate and a little slow.

Tatum is on a path to super stardom. He has the best footwork of any young player around. Sky’s the limit for him. And the kid has legitimate fire in the belly.

I believe that Ainge didn’t put him and Brown in a package for Anthony Davis. Tatum is special, and your take is off. Imo
Khoee wrote “
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#880 » by Warriors Analyst » Sat Sep 5, 2020 9:42 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:

Time Lord was ballin out in game 3. I'd take a big like that.

Time Lord was a late first. You can get those types of guys in the back of the draft and not spend $10 million a year on their rookie contract as you would with Wiseman.

Return to Golden State Warriors