ImageImageImageImageImage

Clips Acquire Paul George for SGA, Gallo, 5 First-Rounders and 2 Pick Swaps

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

John-S
Junior
And1: 171

Re: I Miss Shai Already 

Post#201 » by John-S » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:22 am

I still think Clips will get passed this young and inexperienced Mavs squad and that game 1 KP ejection will loom large once this one is over in 6 or 7, and Clips might still make the finals or win a chip even. But a big mistake for Kawhi to have left Toronto whose young nucleus got so much better after their championship run who might still repeat. He wouldn’t have to carry and might even load manage in the first round.

PG’s pic has always been on milk cartons come playoff time. Not the kind of player you want to have as your top player as a playoff contender. Nothing new. Only think that sucks for Clippers (no one feels sorry for them) is SGA is EXACTLY the kind of elite PG they are missing on that team moving forward to make plays for others guys. Everything they do now is pretty much ISO, that is why George is struggling with contested shots even playing against an average defensive team because he is not as good as Kawhi who can get to his spots no matter what and hit fade away turn back jumpers all day like MJ when he is not bullying his way to the paint or hitting wide open 3s because they are afraid to crowd his space for a blowby.

The kings’ ransome Clips were forced to deal because of Kawhi’s demands for George is looking horrible and will only continue to get worse every year with SGA heading to all star career and all those 1st round picks. Imagine if Kawhi leaves in 2021 and George follows? There just might be some free unprotected lottery picks in OKC’s future over the next 5-6 years. PG might turn out as the gift that keeps on giving even into his decline as an NBA player.
MartinRiggs
Junior
And1: 136

Re: I Miss Shai Already 

Post#202 » by MartinRiggs » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:29 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:Shai AND the picks.

Damn.
I better not see any Game 6 2018 1st round performances from George at that price.

How's the group doing?

Damn that hit right in the heart. :lol:
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Re: Clips Acquire Paul George for SGA, Gallo, 5 First-Rounders and 2 Pick Swaps 

Post#203 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:32 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
Read on Twitter

Was he?
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#204 » by NippySudz » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:57 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
Read on Twitter

Was he?

Nope, but Kawhi will drag him there. I believe that.

He will recover mentally.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,742

Post#205 » by madmaxmedia » Wed Sep 2, 2020 5:38 am

We came pretty close to a intrasquad playoff game against OKC in the 2nd round. Here's to hopefully seeing it in the WCF!!
Kelphus
Senior
And1: 533

Post#206 » by Kelphus » Wed Sep 2, 2020 7:07 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:We came pretty close to a intrasquad playoff game against OKC in the 2nd round. Here's to hopefully seeing it in the WCF!!

Yes, that would be odd to have three former Clippers starting against us.. but no, we want the friggin' fLakers in all their pompous and entitled glory. I want to see the King dethroned and humbled as we march on to the Finals for our Larry O Brian trophy...

Excited? Yeah maybe just a little
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,742

Post#207 » by madmaxmedia » Wed Sep 2, 2020 7:11 pm

Kelphus wrote:
madmaxmedia wrote:We came pretty close to a intrasquad playoff game against OKC in the 2nd round. Here's to hopefully seeing it in the WCF!!

Yes, that would be odd to have three former Clippers starting against us.. but no, we want the friggin' fLakers in all their pompous and entitled glory. I want to see the King dethroned and humbled as we march on to the Finals for our Larry O Brian trophy...

Yeah, you are right. The intrasquad playoffs would also be cool though :lol:
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,290

Post#208 » by nickhx2 » Wed Sep 2, 2020 8:15 pm

no way i'd rather them lose early and be miserable and derided for as long as possible. the earlier they get bounced the better lol.

think about all the times people would say lob city couldn't even make it to wcf.

now put that on a lebron james led-team with AD on it. endless derision, imo.
LamarWho
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,095

Post#209 » by LamarWho » Thu Sep 3, 2020 3:59 am

Gallo vs. Rockets

Game 5: 1 pt
Game 7: 4 pt

Definitely not build for the playoffs.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,898

Post#210 » by esqtvd » Thu Sep 3, 2020 7:11 am

Kelphus wrote:

I'd be ok with the Beards spanking the Lakers. But omg Beard and Westbrook are the most gutless MVPs in NBA history and they're both on the same team.

I despise all things Lakers but I can't say I wouldn't enjoy it if the Los Angeles LeBrons swept these creeps.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#211 » by esqtvd » Thu Sep 3, 2020 7:14 am

LamarWho wrote:Gallo vs. Rockets

Game 5: 1 pt
Game 7: 4 pt

Definitely not build for the playoffs.

Dang. I love that guy. And Tobias was trash in the playoffs too. FO knows what they're doing, and I'm sure Doc didn't fight to keep either one either.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#212 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Sep 3, 2020 11:47 am

esqtvd wrote:
Kelphus wrote:

I'd be ok with the Beards spanking the Lakers. But omg Beard and Westbrook are the most gutless MVPs in NBA history and they're both on the same team.

I despise all things Lakers but I can't say I wouldn't enjoy it if the Los Angeles LeBrons swept these creeps.

I love Harden.
I can’t stand Russ.

I always thought Harden had the heart and character to not be that gutless person you describe.

Incredible close out to essentially win the game last night.

Championship play.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#213 » by esqtvd » Thu Sep 3, 2020 6:27 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Kelphus wrote:

I love Harden.
I can’t stand Russ.

I always thought Harden had the heart and character to not be that gutless person you describe.

Championship play.

It was. After being MIA all night I was like, who's this guy? I watched him much of the game and he just lollygagged from end to end. And only 15 shots from the MVP? He kept giving up the ball in Winning Time.
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 916

Post#214 » by NickP » Thu Sep 3, 2020 6:53 pm

esqtvd wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

I love Harden.
I can’t stand Russ.

Championship play.

It was. After being MIA all night I was like, who's this guy? I watched him much of the game and he just lollygagged from end to end. And only 15 shots from the MVP? He kept giving up the ball in Winning Time.

I hate the Lakers more than the Rockets and will be rooting for the Rockets. Besides I've predicted the Rockets to win. :)
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#215 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Sep 3, 2020 8:14 pm

I hate both and will enjoy one of them knocking each other out.

But I will enjoy LAL getting knocked out more.
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#216 » by nickhx2 » Thu Sep 3, 2020 9:19 pm

btw we still owe houston a good amount of revenge so yeah definitely wanna see them and beat them like they owe us money
SK21209
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,829

Post#217 » by SK21209 » Thu Sep 3, 2020 9:37 pm

I hope the Lakers win just because I cannot stand watching the Rockets play and dread the thought of having to do so in the WCF.
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#218 » by nickhx2 » Thu Sep 3, 2020 9:59 pm

i'm of the "i hope the lakers never win another game. ever, again" type.

lakers lose to houston, AD leaves for elsewhere. no better scenario imo lol
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#219 » by nickhx2 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 3:33 am

lakers getting blown out and it's delicious
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#220 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Sep 5, 2020 4:01 am

SK21209 wrote:I hope the Lakers win just because I cannot stand watching the Rockets play and dread the thought of having to do so in the WCF.

I'm not looking past the Nuggets yet, but if we do end up facing the Rockets, we're at least better equipped to deal with their small ball gimmick than the Lakers are.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers