Lakers Targets - Free Agent Class 2020

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,246

Re: Lakers Targets - Free Agent Class 2020 

Post#41 » by wco81 » Thu Aug 6, 2020 6:11 am

Player option at a bit over $5 million.

Normally he might test the market but with the pandemic, the cap may go down a lot.
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#42 » by lazybatman » Thu Aug 6, 2020 7:40 am

Oh really.. Well, I'm not too worried. He has an injury history, and limited offensively. Balmer could throw in under the table sweeteners to lure him away, but unlikely fit with Pat Bev, Lou Will, Kawhi & PG hogging their guard rotations, with Shamet and Reggie Jackson being higher utility than AB, given their pre-existing defensive prowess.

On the other hand, Lakers might not want him cos of his choice to sit out the playoffs. He might get the cold shoulder from some of the players behind the scenes. Certainly questions over his commitment to the game. Not as a human being, but Nelson Mandela ain't getting on an NBA team anytime soon.

If we can get that trade I suggested for Roberson and CP3, I'd be happy to throw him in too as a tip. Those are two top quality defenders next to AD & Lebron, and Lakers could scramble and find a few others. Roberson is AD / Giannis / PG / Kawhi level if he can get back to his pre-injury form. Just brilliant!! CP3 & Bron creating on the same team would be insane.

I know, I'm getting carried away in my head right now. Please ignore.
PKABOOICU
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,128

Post#43 » by PKABOOICU » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:09 pm

lazybatman wrote:How about this trade -

CP3 & Andre Roberson

for

Green, KCP, McGee, Kuz, Rondo, Dud, Cook, JR, THT, Cacok, Antetokoumpo, all trade-able picks, Jeahny Buss, Pelinka, (listed in the order of their salaries and worth to match CP3's contract)

We start the next season with Lebron, AD, CP3, Cousins, Bradley, Dwight, Morris, Caruso, Waiters and a new set of vet minimums.

What a horror show this lot has been since the restart.. just depressed after today's game.

Personally, I'd make that trade in a millisecond regardless. And Thunder could be interested in getting out from under that giant whale(85 mil over 2 years) of a contract, and see their young guns develop and build around them. It'll fit with Lebron's diminishing timeline, and play style.

Fit wise, that's the foundation of a genuine(bit too old and risky) "superteam" that could be genuine favourites to win a couple of rings before Lebron and CP3 hang it up.

dont think OKC will be eligible to play with 67 players on the roster
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#44 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:17 pm

We can't trade antekokumpo. I've been told from sources on high, there's something goin on.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#45 » by lazybatman » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:50 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:We can't trade antekokumpo. I've been told from sources on high, there's something goin on.

And you my friend are hit with a $25 fine for tampering :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,838

Post#46 » by Vae Victus » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:34 pm

Kuz is coming alive a bit. Might be because of the bubble and lack of distractions, or maybe he's growing up and gelling better with LBJ+AD. Kuz is making good plays on both ends of the court, so i doubt he's gonna be trade bait unless its for some homerun no brainer trade (Kuz + Green for some good cheap contract guard).
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,544

Post#47 » by stan francisco » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:58 pm

We need Fred Van Vleet.

Kuz is the Kuz most of us had expected beginning the season were it not for the injury.

THT now healthy; he’s a freak of nature. Kostas has grown up a bit, will embarrass people if they don’t watch out.

We need FVV.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#48 » by lazybatman » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:31 pm

stan francisco wrote:We need Fred Van Vleet.

Kuz is the Kuz most of us had expected beginning the season were it not for the injury.

THT now healthy; he’s a freak of nature. Kostas has grown up a bit, will embarrass people if they don’t watch out.

We need FVV.

lol.. On that go huge line up in your signature. 30 years ago maybe.. :lol: :lol:
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#49 » by stan francisco » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:25 pm

lazybatman wrote:

We need FVV.

lol.. On that go huge line up in your signature. 30 years ago maybe.. :lol: :lol:

I’m only thinking for short stretches, not as a starting lineup. PJ: “If you have a size advantage in basketball, you have an advantage”. Right now it’s not the trend. That’s exactly why it’ll cause other coaches to react to us, change their plan. What (besides steals and fast breaks) would they do to stop that lineup?

Edit: happy to replace DMC with Kostas.
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#50 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:54 pm

if we need a point, we shoulda went after a point when we had the money during free agency period. we are now stuck without our starting point entering the playoffs. however, in the free agency period coming up, fred van vleet sounds like a strong option. shoots well. championship experience. seems like a team guy
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,246

Post#51 » by wco81 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:24 pm

FVV probably looking for $20 million a year or more.
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#52 » by lazybatman » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:26 pm

stan francisco wrote:
lazybatman wrote:

We need FVV.

I’m only thinking for short stretches, not as a starting lineup. PJ: “If you have a size advantage in basketball, you have an advantage”. Right now it’s not the trend. That’s exactly why it’ll cause other coaches to react to us, change their plan. What (besides steals and fast breaks) would they do to stop that lineup?

Bro, DMC, Howard and Kuz absolutely suck at on ball guard defense. Bron and AD are average to below average. Watch Howard and McGee warm the bench for our first couple of rounds(assuming Rockets get through OKC, partially without Westbrook) and think again.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#53 » by stan francisco » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:59 pm

lazybatman wrote:
stan francisco wrote:
lazybatman wrote:

Bro, DMC, Howard and Kuz absolutely suck at on ball guard defense. Bron and AD are average to below average. Watch Howard and McGee warm the bench for our first couple of rounds(assuming Rockets get through OKC, partially without Westbrook) and think again.

AD and LBJ below average? Cool story, bro.

LBJ’s defense against KL and PG is what won us that last game against the Clits. AD is ridiculously mobile for his size, would be a nightmare for any PF or SF to get around one on one. Ask KL and PG, and I’m sure they’d rather face anyone on the Lakers 1-on-1 not named Davis. Howard plays great positional defense and protects the rim well. Kuz can hang on defense next to LBJ who is way quicker than his size suggests.

Yeah, I’d plug Kostas in at PF over DMC.

Any lineup with LBJ as the smallest player would scare the hell out of most teams second units. I’d do it today. Go huge for a stretch.
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#54 » by lazybatman » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:27 am

stan francisco wrote:
lazybatman wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

AD and LBJ below average? Cool story, bro.

LBJ’s defense against KL and PG is what won us that last game against the Clits. AD is ridiculously mobile for his size, would be a nightmare for any PF or SF to get around one on one. Ask KL and PG, and I’m sure they’d rather face anyone on the Lakers 1-on-1 not named Davis. Howard plays great positional defense and protects the rim well. Kuz can hang on defense next to LBJ who is way quicker than his size suggests.

Yeah, I’d plug Kostas in at PF over DMC.

Any lineup with LBJ as the smallest player would scare the hell out of most teams second units. I’d do it today. Go huge for a stretch.

I mentioned guard defense in there somewhere.. Lebron's 9 years removed from 2011, when he guarded the **** out of MVP Rose. He can't keep up with the agile ball handling "guards" today. Kawhi, PG & Giannis are "Forwards". Keep up dude..

And yes, Lebron & AD - average / below average on ball guard defenders. I'm not a blind witness like some MJ fans who think their favourite player is GOD.
Dmagic
Pro Prospect
And1: 297

Post#55 » by Dmagic » Thu Sep 3, 2020 5:28 pm

gimme kyle lowry over cp3. kyles game gels better with bron and ad. also lowry has proven to be clutch lately
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#56 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Sep 3, 2020 6:33 pm

lowry is solid. Always like him since his rocket days. But he has slipped due to age. But still, an interesting choice
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#57 » by stan francisco » Thu Sep 3, 2020 8:19 pm

VanVleet and Bertans.
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#58 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Sep 3, 2020 8:32 pm

vanfleet would be an excellent pickup, might not have the cash for it, if others with cap space go after him, but still, I like van fleet
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#59 » by stan francisco » Thu Sep 3, 2020 8:46 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:vanfleet would be an excellent pickup, might not have the cash for it, if others with cap space go after him, but still, I like van fleet

Perfect fit next to Bron. Not ball needy. Plays big in big moments. Savvy defensively. Good feel for the game, plays well off the ball. Knocks down the three, good touch around the rim. Tough competitor, leader. Champion.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#60 » by Michael Lucky » Thu Sep 3, 2020 10:22 pm

Landsberger wrote:
Slava wrote:Lakers are just going to roll with another season of one year deals to everyone except AD.

LeBron might opt out the season after and Giannis is a free agent in 2021 as well. No way they lock themselves into anything until those dominoes fall.

Yup. I think Kuzma will be gone this offseason as well. They have to trade him now or they will lose him as a marketable asset.

Well he has definitely lost his value by now.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers