Continued from here.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXIX 

Post#2 » by FAH1223 » Thu Sep 3, 2020 3:16 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Re-posting cause this voice is hilarious and FOX playing it fast since its bad for Trump is also funny

Read on Twitter
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,184

Post#3 » by Zonkerbl » Thu Sep 3, 2020 4:55 pm

I think Bill Barr should go to jail when all this is over

aiding and abetting several felonies
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,349

Post#4 » by doclinkin » Thu Sep 3, 2020 5:15 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:I think Bill Barr should go to jail when all this is over

Which is what makes this election so dangerous. In every department the current administration is nakedly self dealing and violating laws. Trump cannot pardon people after he is in office. He cannot stall the IRS or prosecutors in SDNY when he is once again a private citizen. He cannot hide his dealings with Russia once he is no longer in power. He is casting doubt on the election results while pandering to Law Enforcement and building the Border Patrol as his personal strike force. Seems to me he is building up the possibility that he may attempt a coup to hold onto power whatever the election results are. The damage he could do in a second term, earned or not, far outstrips the ruin he has committed on our body politic so far. At this point he still has to care about the popularity contest. Once that is not in play he will feel not only emboldened but invulnerable and entitled to feast on the corpse of democracy.

If he is not elected, and can't hold onto power regardless, I fully expect he will flee the country at some point to avoid justice. I have no doubt Putin would like to be able to trot him out from time to time to mock and taunt and embarrass our country.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#5 » by Ruzious » Thu Sep 3, 2020 5:31 pm

I hope that doesn't mess up plans for the Trump and associates in prison reality tv show. Jared and Donald Jr would be the bells of the balls. The ratings they could get... sigh.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#6 » by Ruzious » Thu Sep 3, 2020 6:43 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-vote-twice-north-carolina-mail-ballot-illegal-fraud-162756363.html

He's literally encouraging NC voters to commit fraud and try to vote twice. If there was any doubt that he's trying to turn us into a 3rd world nation and kill our election process, there you have it. He is clearly putting himself above the country. Why would any person who really cares about America and is really proud to be an American put up with this?

I'd say if you're ok with what he's doing, you don't give a flying f about America.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#7 » by montestewart » Thu Sep 3, 2020 6:52 pm

doclinkin wrote:If he is not elected, and can't hold onto power regardless, I fully expect he will flee the country at some point to avoid justice. I have no doubt Putin would like to be able to trot him out from time to time to mock and taunt and embarrass our country.

First Kim Philby, and now Donald Trumpy. As Boney M sang, "Oh, those Russians!"

Anti-Trump people won't be embarrassed. It's unlikely Russia/Trump would reveal anything we didn't already know or suspect. Trump can't reveal state secrets, because to do that, he would have to have the wherewithal to comprehend and memorize them. I would worry more about Russia turning various White House subordinates, if they haven't already.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Post#8 » by pancakes3 » Thu Sep 3, 2020 7:41 pm

@Nate, @Popper.

New thread, new attitudes. Let's enter this thread open, positive, and untainted and see how things go from there?
Bullets -> Wizards
gtn130
Analyst
And1: 2,740

Post#9 » by gtn130 » Thu Sep 3, 2020 7:49 pm

doclinkin wrote:

Which is what makes this election so dangerous. In every department the current administration is nakedly self dealing and violating laws. Trump cannot pardon people after he is in office. He cannot stall the IRS or prosecutors in SDNY when he is once again a private citizen. He cannot hide his dealings with Russia once he is no longer in power. He is casting doubt on the election results while pandering to Law Enforcement and building the Border Patrol as his personal strike force. Seems to me he is building up the possibility that he may attempt a coup to hold onto power whatever the election results are. The damage he could do in a second term, earned or not, far outstrips the ruin he has committed on our body politic so far. At this point he still has to care about the popularity contest. Once that is not in play he will feel not only emboldened but invulnerable and entitled to feast on the corpse of democracy.

If he is not elected, and can't hold onto power regardless, I fully expect he will flee the country at some point to avoid justice. I have no doubt Putin would like to be able to trot him out from time to time to mock and taunt and embarrass our country.

I've been saying this for years now, but I just can't imagine Trump leaving office even remotely peacefully. He and half the administration are facing serious legal exposure for all the shenanigans over the last four years. Also, what's the point of all grifting if you can't keep the money? Trump, Kushner, Barr, Pompeo - they're all going to prison if Trump leaves office, and they will absolutely rig the election and tear down democracy to prevent that from happening.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,675

Post#10 » by Pointgod » Thu Sep 3, 2020 8:18 pm

I don’t want to see any unity crap from a potential Biden administration. Hunt down and prosecute every single corrupt piece of garbage in the Trump administration and expose all of their illegal dealings and those of Republican collaborators. You can’t claim to love the country and the constitution then let Trump and his cronies take a big dump all over it.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#11 » by verbal8 » Thu Sep 3, 2020 11:05 pm

Why wait? I would love to see the DC AG indict him.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#12 » by montestewart » Fri Sep 4, 2020 12:37 am

Pointgod wrote:

I don’t want to see any unity crap from a potential Biden administration. Hunt down and prosecute every single corrupt piece of garbage in the Trump administration and expose all of their illegal dealings and those of Republican collaborators. You can’t claim to love the country and the constitution then let Trump and his cronies take a big dump all over it.

My only hesitation there will be the number of more pressing issues facing the country: COVID, race relations, economy, deficit, healthcare in general, climate change, trying to repair U.S credibility in and relations with the rest of the world. Going after the perpetrators of this fraud (versus trying to build stronger safeguards to prevent it in the future) should be weighed against these other objectives, so of which might be greatly aided or hindered by the efforts.
I_Like_Dirt
RealGM
And1: 8,719

Post#13 » by I_Like_Dirt » Fri Sep 4, 2020 2:19 am

montestewart wrote:
Pointgod wrote:

My only hesitation there will be the number of more pressing issues facing the country: COVID, race relations, economy, deficit, healthcare in general, climate change, trying to repair U.S credibility in and relations with the rest of the world. Going after the perpetrators of this fraud (versus trying to build stronger safeguards to prevent it in the future) should be weighed against these other objectives, so of which might be greatly aided or hindered by the efforts.
I'm thinking they can and should do both. Those same bigger problems you outlined loom much, much larger if you just let it go like it was nothing, let the public forget about it quickly, and then have a new group of cut and run politicians up next. That's what the Republicans are now (Trump is purely symptom).

It might be too much to ask of the Democrats - I'm no fan of a one-party system but that's basically what's left with one party and one group of griftwrs - but this is a point where they need to hit everything fast, hard and effectively. And they're going to have to listen to their younger members when it comes to actually legislating and enforcing tech stuff.

Sent from my SM-G970W using RealGM mobile app
Bucket! Bucket!
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#14 » by Pointgod » Fri Sep 4, 2020 2:39 am

montestewart wrote:
Pointgod wrote:

They have to do it all. I know it’s a big task to request but I’m assuming if Biden wins the Senate would have flipped as well. Ideally they’ll have two years to pass as much legislation as they can to satisfy the base and Progressive voters before the 2022 midterms because you know there’s no way the American people want to continue a good thing. The good thing is that unlike 2008, the Democratic Congress and Senate are on the same page and a ton of bills have already been passed through Congress, Nancy Pelosi actually knows what she’s doing. I’d leave it to the AG, Congressional and Senate Committees and the respective IGs of each department to root out corruption from the previous administration.
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#15 » by Pointgod » Fri Sep 4, 2020 3:07 am

Read on Twitter
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#16 » by FAH1223 » Fri Sep 4, 2020 3:18 am

Pointgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Funny he is denying it as it goes viral.

Also another beauty

Read on Twitter

Biden in WISCONSIN
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Biden not making the same mistakes of 2016. Lots of money is being spent in the Midwest, clearly the easiest path to 270.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,334

Post#17 » by dobrojim » Fri Sep 4, 2020 3:20 am

Pointgod wrote:

Maybe I hold grudges but I felt that a major failure of Obama's was to basically let bygones
be bygones after the corruption of Dubya, particularly in the area around DoD budgets and
the Iraq war. At worst they should have had a commission make a report.

The financial collapse is another area that should have been more acutely criminally
investigated.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by Zonkerbl » Fri Sep 4, 2020 11:05 am

montestewart wrote:
Pointgod wrote:

The DOJ is not in charge of COVID or any of those other things. That's the nice thing about being POTUS - delegating. :P

Honestly I think if you just say to the DOJ - ok no more interference, you just do your jobs now - they will spontaneously jump all over the Trump administration. If it were me I'd be mad as hell at what they did, at what Barr did. If anything you'd have to make the occasional public request for restraint.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by Zonkerbl » Fri Sep 4, 2020 11:07 am

dobrojim wrote:
Pointgod wrote:

Maybe I hold grudges but I felt that a major failure of Obama's was to basically let bygones
be bygones after the corruption of Dubya, particularly in the area around DoD budgets and
the Iraq war. At worst they should have had a commission make a report.

The financial collapse is another area that should have been more acutely criminally
investigated.

I'm ok with unity if unity means healing as a nation and if that means putting the people in jail who committed crimes. That's a kind of healing. I would find seeing Trump and his entire family in orange jumpsuits incredibly healing.
popper
Veteran
And1: 366

Post#20 » by popper » Fri Sep 4, 2020 5:27 pm

pancakes3 wrote:@Nate, @Popper.

New thread, new attitudes. Let's enter this thread open, positive, and untainted and see how things go from there?

I’d rather eat glass but thanks for the invitation just the same pancakes. It’s much more enjoyable to read and not post from my perspective.

Return to Washington Wizards