Image ImageImage Image

How Good is Jimmy Butler?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

TheJordanRule
Veteran
And1: 1,251

How Good is Jimmy Butler? 

Post#1 » by TheJordanRule » Sat Sep 5, 2020 5:32 am

He became a headcase getting shopped around from team to team, but DAMN! He's the heart and soul of the heart, and the biggest reason that the East's best team is down 0-3. Miami is literally going to win what should be an unwinnable series against the League's MVP and DPOY.
Axl Rose
Head Coach
And1: 3,930

Re: How Good is Jimmy Butler? 

Post#2 » by Axl Rose » Sat Sep 5, 2020 5:42 am

We f'd up.
I don't do the dishes, I throw them in the crib
2018C3
Pro Prospect
And1: 539

Post#3 » by 2018C3 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 5:46 am

He is the best player Pax and company ever drafted.

The only reason he was considered a head case, is he had a wining attitude this organization did not embrace or support. He rubbed the old system in place the wrong way, and became the guy when he wasn't supposed to be the guy.

I love Jimmy's attitude, and will root for him!

In Chicago he never had a team built around his skills. Were now seeing what he can do in that role.
2018C3
Pro Prospect
And1: 539

Post#4 » by 2018C3 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 5:59 am

I knew his time was up, once the report came out he had dinner with Thibs, after Thibs was fired, In the Gar /Pax area this type of maneuver was equivalent to a death sentence.
PlayerUp
Analyst
And1: 1,847

Post#5 » by PlayerUp » Sat Sep 5, 2020 6:05 am

Jimmy has always been a solid all star and Top 20 player but he's not a superstar. Nothing has changed with this series. The team is built to win and comparable to the Detroit Pistons in 2003-2005 which can win a title without a star. Philly suffers the most as Butler carried that team and without him they got swept. Butler is a winner and his impact goes beyond just stats.

With all that said, don't feel bad Jimmy isn't doing this in Chicago. Under Gar/Pax we were going no where. With Butler traded, the Bulls losing resulted in Gar/Pax being forced out putting us back in the right direction. It had to happen and at the end of the day we now have a brighter future with a completely revamped front office.
JimmyButler21
Starter
And1: 1,558

Post#6 » by JimmyButler21 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 6:11 am

GarPax were never going to build a championship team around Butler and the only chance they had at building a championship team was completely lucking out in the lottery so I was fine with trading him. The return was awful though especially when you look at what Paul George fetched.
R3AL1TY
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#7 » by R3AL1TY » Sat Sep 5, 2020 6:52 am

He makes your team better then your team sucks when he leaves.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,572

Post#8 » by Dez » Sat Sep 5, 2020 7:02 am

JimmyButler21 wrote:GarPax were never going to build a championship team around Butler and the only chance they had at building a championship team was completely lucking out in the lottery so I was fine with trading him. The return was awful though especially when you look at what Paul George fetched.

You shouldn't look at the return Paul George fetched because they're vastly different situations.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,852

Post#9 » by nomorezorro » Sat Sep 5, 2020 7:03 am

he's very good op
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,852

Post#10 » by nomorezorro » Sat Sep 5, 2020 7:04 am

i love "jimmy was good but garpax would have never built a quality team around him" as a line of rationale

if only there were another option the organization could have pursued...
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#11 » by Southpaw » Sat Sep 5, 2020 7:06 am

To me he's anywhere from top 10-15 league wide. He's not a bonafide top 10 player imo but he sure does bring IT in the playoffs.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,727

Post#12 » by Jeffster81 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 7:27 am

I still think he is not a guy you can win a championship as the #1. He's a strong, very strong #2, but Miami probably needs a #1 to pair with Jimmy. If Miami can get that #1, then watch out.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#13 » by RedBulls23 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 7:44 am

nomorezorro wrote:i love "jimmy was good but garpax would have never built a quality team around him" as a line of rationale

if only there were another option the organization could have pursued...

I don't trust my advisors to help me maximize my millions of dollars so I'll just give it away to someone for a few thousand and some magic beans.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,131

Post#14 » by League Circles » Sat Sep 5, 2020 11:13 am

Our core should be Jimmy, Niko and Rose right now.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#15 » by Jvaughn » Sat Sep 5, 2020 11:30 am

2018C3 wrote:He is the best player Pax and company ever drafted.

The only reason he was considered a head case, is he had a wining attitude this organization did not embrace or support. He rubbed the old system in place the wrong way, and became the guy when he wasn't supposed to be the guy.

In Chicago he never had a team built around his skills. Were now seeing what he can do in that role.

Exactly.

Jimmy was never actually a head case. He rubs people wrong because he doesn't settle for people not working as hard as they possibly can to win. Much like Jordan (I'm not saying he's MJ) you love having a dog like him on your side, but you're probably not going to be his best friend if you're not trying to match his intensity.

The only times he has cohesiveness issues is when he's in an atmosphere where people aren't willing to grind like him. In Chicago, he openly criticized Hoiberg's work ethic, which in hindsight was warranted. Minnesota, he rubbed the organization wrong, because their two stars are lazy and don't work hard. In Philly, it was said that he had an issue with a player or players for the same issue. Looking back on it now, it seems that may have been Simmons.

You never hear any stories like that coming out of Miami, because they've built a team that's full of players willing to grind, a FO who supports paying what it takes to build a contender, and a coach that is battle tested and knows what it takes to make a title run. I miss Jimmy, but I'm happy for him, because he wasn't getting any of that here.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#16 » by Ccwatercraft » Sat Sep 5, 2020 11:39 am

Jvaughn wrote:

Exactly.

Jimmy was never actually a head case. He rubs people wrong because he doesn't settle for people not working as hard as they possibly can to win. Much like Jordan (I'm not saying he's MJ) you love having a dog like him on your side, but you're probably not going to be his best friend if you're not trying to match his intensity.

The only times he has cohesiveness issues is when he's in an atmosphere where people aren't willing to grind like him. In Chicago, he openly criticized Hoiberg's work ethic, which in hindsight was warranted. Minnesota, he rubbed the organization wrong, because their two stars are lazy and don't work hard. In Philly, it was said that he had an issue with a player or players for the same issue. Looking back on it now, it seems that may have been Simmons.

You never hear any stories like that coming out of Miami, because they've built a team that's full of players willing to grind, a FO who supports paying what it takes to build a contender, and a coach and that is battle tested and knows what it takes to make a title run. I miss Jimmy, but I'm happy for him, because he wasn't getting any of that here.

Agree,

Miami had that in place with a very good coach and FO that are on the same page. It will be interesting to see what they do the next two years.
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#17 » by Jvaughn » Sat Sep 5, 2020 11:54 am

Ccwatercraft wrote:
Jvaughn wrote:

Exactly.

You never hear any stories like that coming out of Miami, because they've built a team that's full of players willing to grind, a FO who supports paying what it takes to build a contender, and a coach and that is battle tested and knows what it takes to make a title run. I miss Jimmy, but I'm happy for him, because he wasn't getting any of that here.

Agree,

Miami had that in place with a very good coach and FO that are on the same page. It will be interesting to see what they do the next two years.

And what's even crazier is that if they manage their capspace this off-season, they can still add some quality difference makers. Or even worse, if they punt until next summer they can pair Jimmy up with another max FA.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Post#18 » by TeamMan » Sat Sep 5, 2020 12:29 pm

This is the post that I agree with the most.

However, IMO Rose had more talent and could consistently dominate games.

Unfortunately, the Bulls had a dysfunctional team when it came to winning, and JB's "winning attitude" sooner or later was going to end his relationship with team.

We all hope that the situation is fixed with the arrival of a new FO, but we will just have to wait and see.

Currently we have two emerging stars in Zach and Coby. But already last year we saw things start to break down.

Let's hope that the #4 pick in the draft will give the new FO just enough leverage to have an immediate effect in the W/L percentage.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,025

Post#19 » by coldfish » Sat Sep 5, 2020 1:32 pm

Well, for one thing I would certainly make him General Manager. He was right about Hoiberg, he was right about KAT and Wiggins, he was right about Philly and made the right choice in going to Miami.

He speaks up and that bothers a lot of people, particularly those who think that players should shut up and play. When he speaks up though, he is correct and time has proven that out.

As far as a player, I think he is clearly top 10 if you actually want to win a game or a playoff series.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,193

Post#20 » by Red8911 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 1:41 pm

Don’t start this now, the majority of you guys wanted him traded and wanted to “rebuild”. Well you guys got what you wanted. I was very angry with that move then and still am today. Pax and Reinsdorf really fkd us up with that trade, even though pax was the one who drafted him in the first place.

Return to Chicago Bulls