ImageImageImageImage

Mo Bamba sent home from bubble to undergo a "comprehensive post-coronavirus evaluation" (Robbins)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,095

Re: Mo Bamba sent home from bubble to undergo a "comprehensive post-coronavirus evaluation" (Robbins) 

Post#81 » by tiderulz » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:00 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Center can't be your best player,but having good center in playoffs is always important especially because pace slows down and half court offense becomes only offense that is being used. So having somebody that can set picks, use missmatch and make good passes is nice thing to have.

Wings are still the most important players in todays's nba, by wide margin, but still having center in playoffs that isn't stiff wood has some value. Last night aside from Dame outclassing any Lakers guard, Portland won their Cs matchup as Nurkic and Whiteside outplayed McGee and Howard

helps that Howard a shell of himself, Mcgee 32 and never ever worked on his game. Nurkic alone is better than McGee/Howard today

Nurkić leg broke like a toothpick and was out of the action for a 16 months...

that makes Howard/McGee's play against him that much worse.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,223

Re: Mo Bamba sent home from bubble to undergo a "comprehensive post-coronavirus evaluation" (Robbins) 

Post#82 » by pepe1991 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:28 pm

tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:helps that Howard a shell of himself, Mcgee 32 and never ever worked on his game. Nurkic alone is better than McGee/Howard today

Nurkić leg broke like a toothpick and was out of the action for a 16 months...

that makes Howard/McGee's play against him that much worse.

Well howard is flat out old... and Mcgee used to film himself eat cinnamon so... :lol:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,214

Post#83 » by J-Mezzy » Wed Sep 2, 2020 12:01 pm

My Covid update

So I had symptoms for only 1 day. Never lost smell or taste nor did I cough or anything else. It was simply a sore throat and lethargy for 1 day.

Other people that I know didn't fare as well. A friend was very sick for 10 days, my ex wife actually ended up in the ICU and got a clot. She is fine now.

But I may be one of those "Long Haulers". My back is still a problem. I already had back problems but right now it's the worst its been since I originally injured it. It's not going away, it's limiting every aspect of my life, and I am for the first time considering surgery. I am also having a dry skin problem for some reason. My skin is peeling in my hands, knees, and elbows and not just a little. Wonder if that's related to Covid.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to share. Hopefully Bamba doesn't have any lingering problems.
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
Creativetran
Senior
And1: 281

Post#84 » by Creativetran » Wed Sep 2, 2020 2:08 pm

J-Mezzy wrote:Hopefully Bamba doesn't have any lingering problems.

I maybe wrong but doesn't Bamba have some health issue all ready like asthma?
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,499

Post#85 » by thelead » Wed Sep 2, 2020 2:41 pm

Creativetran wrote:
J-Mezzy wrote:Hopefully Bamba doesn't have any lingering problems.

I maybe wrong but doesn't Bamba have some health issue all ready like asthma?

That's JI
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,970

Post#86 » by KillMonger » Thu Sep 3, 2020 2:57 am

I hope he's OK going forward and makes a full recovery....but still though i can't help but feel like the way this was handled was kinda off....Is there a pattern or am i just thinking too much? with JI, with Aminu, with Bamba the way the medical staff handled these guys were kinda weird to me...The strange time table with JI when he got injured earlier in the year and questions whether or not he should've had surgery and the same with Aminu the unnecessary secrecy around him and the fact that we still don't really know his status even now and the whole Mo bamba situation to me was handled poorly....Am i right to be a bit concerned about our medical staff? or is it par for the course?
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#87 » by pepe1991 » Thu Sep 3, 2020 7:43 am

KillMonger wrote:I hope he's OK going forward and makes a full recovery....but still though i can't help but feel like the way this was handled was kinda off....Is there a pattern or am i just thinking too much? with JI, with Aminu, with Bamba the way the medical staff handled these guys were kinda weird to me...The strange time table with JI when he got injured earlier in the year and questions whether or not he should've had surgery and the same with Aminu the unnecessary secrecy around him and the fact that we still don't really know his status even now and the whole Mo bamba situation to me was handled poorly....Am i right to be a bit concerned about our medical staff? or is it par for the course?

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,891

Post#88 » by drsd » Thu Sep 3, 2020 8:34 am

It is rumoured that Mr. Bamba will man the voting polls at the Amway.

... Orlando Magic players like Mo Bamba greeting voters at the entrance.

LINK: City of Orlando, Magic team up to turn Amway Center into early voting site
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,151

Post#89 » by Knightro » Sat Sep 5, 2020 12:51 pm

Bamba made subtle improvements statistically (PER, TS%, REB%, BLK%, WS/48, OBPM, DBPM, VORP all increased) and significant improvements in not completely killing the team when he stepped on the court.

Year 1
PLUS/MINUS PER 100 ON COURT -14.1
PLUS MINUS NET PER 100 -18.8

Year 2
PLUS/MINUS PER 100 ON COURT +1.6
PLUS MINUS NET PER 100 +3.5

But he's still a long way off from being a high-minute player. The main thing for him this offseason is getting his body and conditioning right. If he can maintain the weight he put on in a healthy and in-shape way, it should benefit him.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,970

Post#90 » by KillMonger » Sat Sep 5, 2020 3:29 pm

Knightro wrote:Bamba made subtle improvements statistically (PER, TS%, REB%, BLK%, WS/48, OBPM, DBPM, VORP all increased) and significant improvements in not completely killing the team when he stepped on the court.

Year 1

Year 2

But he's still a long way off from being a high-minute player. The main thing for him this offseason is getting his body and conditioning right. If he can maintain the weight he put on in a healthy and in-shape way, it should benefit him.

i go back and forth with him, every time i'm thinking about giving up on him i look at his per36 numbers and start rationalizing......"Maybe we can keep him" i'd say
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#91 » by pepe1991 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 4:20 pm

Knightro wrote:Bamba made subtle improvements statistically (PER, TS%, REB%, BLK%, WS/48, OBPM, DBPM, VORP all increased) and significant improvements in not completely killing the team when he stepped on the court.

Year 1

Year 2

Truth is somwhere in between. He wasn't top 10 worst player last year like numbers suggested, nor he improved all that much this year.

But once you replace Jerien Grant, Martin, Jonathan Simmons , Wes Iwundu bench with clear imrovments in DJ Augustin ( full time backup), way more games of MCW, still solid Ross and combine if with Clifford finally giving up on idea of playing all bench players at once, you get this.

When you run 3 men lineups, almost all best Magic lineups come with DJ, player who Bamba played most min, and by default, all the worst are ones with Fultz ( and that's thrend through whole XY- number of players lineups).
To make whole story short, him playing with savvy veteran like DJ brought better version of Bamba than he could ever be in rookie year playing with no NBA level talent PGs.

He probably did improve a bit on his own, but when you look at his numbers, they are all identical. His FG% got down, but his TS improved by 0,3%, his RPM only improved by value of players around him, where his DRPM stayed the same , same with his win share, he stil stands in this poor one assit to one turnover ratio, his fouls are still sky high.

His pick&roll is still complete liability ,as he does not have athletics nor footwork to catch a ball and make a leap without making it too complicating . And i think that's a bottom line with Bamba. He was brought to be that athletic freak with huge wingspan like Gobert and it turned out he is slow and unathletic. And he never had any post or scoring skills to be worth mentioning.

Looking where NBA is going, i just can't imagine him being anything more than career backup at this point.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,958

Post#92 » by Xatticus » Sat Sep 5, 2020 6:04 pm

pepe1991 wrote:

Year 1

Year 2

Truth is somwhere in between. He wasn't top 10 worst player last year like numbers suggested, nor he improved all that much this year.

But once you replace Jerien Grant, Martin, Jonathan Simmons , Wes Iwundu bench with clear imrovments in DJ Augustin ( full time backup), way more games of MCW, still solid Ross and combine if with Clifford finally giving up on idea of playing all bench players at once, you get this.

When you run 3 men lineups, almost all best Magic lineups come with DJ, player who Bamba played most min, and by default, all the worst are ones with Fultz ( and that's thrend through whole XY- number of players lineups).
To make whole story short, him playing with savvy veteran like DJ brought better version of Bamba than he could ever be in rookie year playing with no NBA level talent PGs.

He probably did improve a bit on his own, but when you look at his numbers, they are all identical. His FG% got down, but his TS improved by 0,3%, his RPM only improved by value of players around him, where his DRPM stayed the same , same with his win share, he stil stands in this poor one assit to one turnover ratio, his fouls are still sky high.

His pick&roll is still complete liability ,as he does not have athletics nor footwork to catch a ball and make a leap without making it too complicating . And i think that's a bottom line with Bamba. He was brought to be that athletic freak with huge wingspan like Gobert and it turned out he is slow and unathletic. And he never had any post or scoring skills to be worth mentioning.

Looking where NBA is going, i just can't imagine him being anything more than career backup at this point.

I think he has a lot of potential as a roll man. He is pretty good at finishing around the rim and he barely needs to leave the ground to do it. His screening has to get a lot better though.

People are really jumping the gun on labeling him a bust. His per 36 numbers are fine. His block rate is elite and he is slowly improving as an anchor. The problems are that he can’t defend in space and that he looks as if he will never be able to give you more than 20-25 minutes a night. This really limits his value.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991

Return to Orlando Magic