ImageImageImageImageImage

Bucks in a hole already?

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,128

Re: Bucks in a hole already? 

Post#41 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Sep 5, 2020 1:00 am

What an embarrassing series for the Bucks. Clearly, Giannis needs to demand a trade to the Clippers. 8-)
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,157

Post#42 » by Max Headrom » Sat Sep 5, 2020 1:03 am

MartinToVaught wrote:What an embarrassing series for the Bucks. Clearly, Giannis needs to demand a trade to the Clippers. 8-)

Sooooo, you still think Bud is a great coach?
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#43 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Sep 5, 2020 1:04 am

Max Headrom wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:What an embarrassing series for the Bucks. Clearly, Giannis needs to demand a trade to the Clippers. 8-)

Nope, but he's still better than Doc.
Max Headrom
Sixth Man

Post#44 » by Max Headrom » Sat Sep 5, 2020 1:05 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:

Negative :lol:
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 28,807

Post#45 » by og15 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 2:39 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:

Nah, he can't get that being down 3-0 with the team he has. I have my issues with Doc, but there's no example of Doc coaching a team to this kind of result.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#46 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Sep 5, 2020 2:40 am

og15 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:

Nah, he can't get that being down 3-0 with the team he has. I have my issues with Doc, but there's no example of Doc coaching a team to this kind of result.

Doc blew a 3-1 lead to Jason Terry and Pablo Prigioni. Then he blamed the previous front office for "leaving him a mess of a team." :roll:
Max Headrom
Sixth Man

Post#47 » by Max Headrom » Sat Sep 5, 2020 2:49 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
og15 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:Nope, but he's still better than Doc.

Doc blew a 3-1 lead to Jason Terry and Pablo Prigioni. Then he blamed the previous front office for "leaving him a mess of a team." :roll:

So you think that team was equal to this Bucks team?? No way you do :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#48 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Sep 5, 2020 2:50 am

Max Headrom wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
og15 wrote:Nah, he can't get that being down 3-0 with the team he has. I have my issues with Doc, but there's no example of Doc coaching a team to this kind of result.

So you think that team was equal to this Bucks team?? No way you do :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, but on the other hand, that Rockets team was a joke compared to this Heat team.
Kelphus
Senior
And1: 524

Post#49 » by Kelphus » Sat Sep 5, 2020 7:42 am

Wow, so much for everybody’s prediction of East rep in Finals... who woulda thought.... 0-3
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 28,807

Post#50 » by og15 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 4:01 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
og15 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:Nope, but he's still better than Doc.

Lol, why did you choose Terry and Pablo as if they were stars of major impact guys, at least choose Josh Smith and Corey Brewer who killed the Clippers. I honestly don't remember Terry and Pablo doing much that series, at least during the wins. You made be go look, and in their last 3 wins, Terry averaged 7.3 ppg on 33/25 shooting and Pablo 2.7 ppg / 3.7 apg on 38/33 shooting. Sheesh, you made me think I had missed something during that series :lol:

I know you hate Doc and will die on the hill of Doc being the worst, so I get it and don't expect you to budge on that stance.

The Clippers losing while up 3-1 is not worse than going down 3-0 to this Heat team with the caliber of team the Bucks were supposed to be based on the regular season (and on beating Orlando by an average margin of 15 in their wins). The Clippers and Rockets were both 56 win teams, Clippers had a much tougher first round, and Rockets had much better depth which ended up being the difference in the series. The Bucks were the league's best defense and they've given up 115 pts (118.9 Ortg), 116 pts (120.8 Ortg) and 115 pts (120.6 Ortg). (The Pacers gave up 124 Ortg, 111.3 Ortg, 120.6 ortg and 107.8 Ortg). The Heat have eclipsed their Ortg vs the average team (112.5) in every game of this series, and by a good margin, that's not a small adjustment problem, that's a huge one.

I know everyone is focused on the Bucks lack of scoring because everyone only cares about offense, but the league's best defense defending worse than the average defense did against the Heat in 3 consecutive games is a big problem.

What is being said about Bud is that he has a system which he runs really well, but he doesn't make adjustments, he just wants his team to play the system better. I didn't follow the Bucks closely enough to confirm or deny that unequivocally, but the results are certainly suggesting that they are not making adjustments based on their opponent on either end of the floor...or maybe they are trying and it simply isn't working, but coaches don't get that benefit of the doubt, soo...
LamarWho
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,041

Post#51 » by LamarWho » Sat Sep 5, 2020 4:23 pm

Giannis is overrated. He's 95% physical gift and 5% skills.

His bread and butter move is bulldozing people in the paint for a dunk. Against a well coached team, that's not gonna work.

Poor foul shooter, you can't rely on him to hit big shots in the 4th when the game is on the line.
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,419

Post#52 » by TrueLAfan » Sat Sep 5, 2020 4:50 pm

LamarWho wrote:Giannis is overrated. He's 95% physical gift and 5% skills.

His bread and butter move is bulldozing people in the paint for a dunk. Against a well coached team, that's not gonna work.

Poor foul shooter, you can't rely on him to hit big shots in the 4th when the game is on the line.

Actually, I'd say that this where Doc is (far) ahead of Bud. In general, Doc is able to convince his players of what is expected of them and have them psychologically ready. In short, I think Doc would have Giannis better prepared to play. I'm not talking about the team as a whole, just the individual player. Now, some players don't need that (CP3, PatBev); they come in prepared and focused. Blake was kinda like that, but benefited big time (IMO) from how Doc used him and, more importantly talked to and about him. Blake improved dramatically and immediately as a postseason performer under Doc. It’s even more true in both regular and post season with DJ; Doc got the most out of him, and got the most in playoffs as well.

The Houston series is often brought up. I mean, I hated losing after being up 3-1. But I knew our best player was not 100%, and that the two teams were relatively equal. This is nothing like the Bucks being down 3-0 to a team that they were 12 games better than during the regular season. And while I don’t think it’s good to read too much into the public comments of a coach, it looks Bud thinks “It will all work out in the end.” Maybe he really believes that. But watching the Bucks now—they look unready. And, worse, they’re not saying the right things. It’s clear they don’t have contingencies and that the players don’t have someone to look to on court for answers. They just seem to be flailing around.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#53 » by NippySudz » Sat Sep 5, 2020 5:14 pm

Max Headrom wrote:Bud gonna get exposed again??
SHOCKING

/s

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#54 » by NippySudz » Sat Sep 5, 2020 5:15 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:

One thing's for sure, Bud wouldn't spend an entire series playing Trez against Boban with no adjustments.
Dude it's 3-0. You can now stop talking about how great bud is. He's trash. Had the season not paused due to covid, this would have been his third 60+win team that fell short.

You don't like doc and I am even frustrated with him but I think he's the best coach left in the western conference. We also have the best player. Only brad Stevens and Nick nurse might be better but the raps don't have kawhi so they have no shot. Celtics could be a threat should we make it out the west.

NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#55 » by NippySudz » Sat Sep 5, 2020 5:19 pm

clipperlover wrote:
Kelphus wrote:Game 1, 90 seconds left, down by 8 to the Heat.

Vaunted Bucks offense so far only 101 points.

Jimmy Butler with 36... looking like a monster..... Sorry Philly, maybe this one got away

My respect for Jimmy Butler as a competitor just grows. The guy could have taken the easy route and joined forces with Kawhi here with the Clips, but he wanted to be Batman and not Robin. He was right all along about how soft his Minnesota teammates were and he saw the problems in Philly first hand. Even if the Heat never make the Finals while he is there, he wanted the challenge to do it as the alpha dog.
I don't agree with that narrative. I think Miami just gets his crazy. He doesn't care about scoring. He just wants to win. Dwade was in his ear. I don't think it has anything to do with being an"alpha"

nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,258

Post#56 » by nickhx2 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 6:37 pm

TrueLAfan wrote:
LamarWho wrote:Giannis is overrated. He's 95% physical gift and 5% skills.

Actually, I'd say that this where Doc is (far) ahead of Bud. In general, Doc is able to convince his players of what is expected of them and have them psychologically ready. In short, I think Doc would have Giannis better prepared to play. I'm not talking about the team as a whole, just the individual player. Now, some players don't need that (CP3, PatBev); they come in prepared and focused. Blake was kinda like that, but benefited big time (IMO) from how Doc used him and, more importantly talked to and about him. Blake improved dramatically and immediately as a postseason performer under Doc. It’s even more true in both regular and post season with DJ; Doc got the most out of him, and got the most in playoffs as well.

The Houston series is often brought up. I mean, I hated losing after being up 3-1. But I knew our best player was not 100%, and that the two teams were relatively equal. This is nothing like the Bucks being down 3-0 to a team that they were 12 games better than during the regular season. And while I don’t think it’s good to read too much into the public comments of a coach, it looks Bud thinks “It will all work out in the end.” Maybe he really believes that. But watching the Bucks now—they look unready. And, worse, they’re not saying the right things. It’s clear they don’t have contingencies and that the players don’t have someone to look to on court for answers. They just seem to be flailing around.

agree with all this.

esp agree with the bud comments. he's gonna be criticized for them but i don't think they're really worth reading into.

definitely agree they just don't look like they know what to do. they need a kawhi to instill confidence and carry them out of bad spots, and they certainly don't have one. feels like any discussion between kawhi and giannis as the best player in the nba should now be muted.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#57 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Sep 5, 2020 7:18 pm

NippySudz wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:

One thing's for sure, Bud wouldn't spend an entire series playing Trez against Boban with no adjustments.
Dude it's 3-0. You can now stop talking about how great bud is. He's trash. Had the season not paused due to covid, this would have been his third 60+win team that fell short.

You don't like doc and I am even frustrated with him but I think he's the best coach left in the western conference. We also have the best player. Only brad Stevens and Nick nurse might be better but the raps don't have kawhi so they have no shot. Celtics could be a threat should we make it out the west.

Spo is easily better than Doc too.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#58 » by NippySudz » Sat Sep 5, 2020 8:14 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:One thing's for sure, Bud wouldn't spend an entire series playing Trez against Boban with no adjustments.

Spo is easily better than Doc too.

You could argue that too but he's in nick nurse's situation. We have the better player and better talent. Each time we've met miami in the regular season, Kawhi has gone off. The zone doesn't do sh-t against Kawhi. Jimmy can't contain him. We learned that last year and this year as well.

The only credible team that has the coaching and the talent combination imo is celtics.

Vogel, Mike Malone, Budenholzer are not better coaches than Doc rivers. Doc rivers is no pop. He's not my favorite coach but he's not the most terrible.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#59 » by NippySudz » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:32 am

EEEEEEE-LIMINATED
Max Headrom
Sixth Man

Post#60 » by Max Headrom » Wed Sep 9, 2020 8:42 am

The Bucks would do well to get rid of that fraud and give that roster to Nate McMillian

Return to Los Angeles Clippers