ImageImageImageImageImage

TREZZ NAMED 6MOY!!!

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,884

TREZZ NAMED 6MOY!!! 

Post#1 » by esqtvd » Sat Sep 5, 2020 3:08 am

Montrezl Harrell has been named the NBA's 2019-20 Sixth Man of the Year award.

Harrell averaged 18.6 points and seven rebounds per game.

"I just want to say thank you," Harrell said to the award voters before becoming emotional. "This is a tremendous honor. This is for my grandmother, who is not here with me today and not able to see this.

"She's not going to be able to see me do something that she instilled in me as a young child, a game that she brought to my attention and I fell in love with and worked my tail off at."

Harrell is the first big man to win the award since the 6-foot-10 Lamar Odom took home the honor for the Los Angeles Lakers in 2010-11. Harrell earned 58 first-place votes and a total of 397 points to win the award. Oklahoma City point guard Dennis Schroder finished second with 35 first-place votes and 328 points.

The 6-foot-8 Harrell officially accepted the award on the Kia Sixth Man award virtual presentation wearing a Lou Williams T-shirt to honor his teammate, who earned seven first-place votes and a total of 127 points to finish third in voting.

"This is a tremendous honor. I thank you all you guys, especially Coach [Rivers], since I came here, giving me this opportunity. I've grown with you guys, especially Pat, Lou, been around you guys ever since coming into this league. This is really for you guys. I just want to say thank you."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29812117/source-clippers-montrezl-harrell-wins-nba-sixth-man-year-award
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Kelphus
Senior
And1: 528

Re: TREZZ NAMED 6MOY!!! 

Post#2 » by Kelphus » Sat Sep 5, 2020 4:13 am

It's become a Clippers award!

Awesome! Happy for him and us.
Now back to earning the Larry.
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,073

Post#3 » by og15 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 4:11 pm

The man put in the work, good stuff. Hopefully he can continue to have favorable matchups through the post-season. There's no more Boban's around waiting to make him look little
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#4 » by NippySudz » Sat Sep 5, 2020 6:13 pm

Congrats to Trezz. He's earned it. Nothing given.

Thanks to Doc for giving him the opportunity

lautreamont
Junior
And1: 248

Post#5 » by lautreamont » Mon Sep 7, 2020 11:18 pm

And with that his price for a new contract just went up even higher.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,884

Post#6 » by esqtvd » Tue Sep 8, 2020 12:18 am

lautreamont wrote:And with that his price for a new contract just went up even higher.

Except between the massive financial losses this year, the sal cap situation is gonna crater. Coupled with uncertainty about the live gate in 20-21, and the great FAs like Giannis coming up next summer, Trezz's timing couldn't be worse.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2019/08/06/the-2021-nba-free-agent-class-could-be-historically-stacked/

It also hurts him that he's not ready to move up to more minutes since he's too small to start at the 5 and can't play the 4. I think the award was a sign of respect for a lunchbucket pro who made the very most of his very modest talents.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,261

Post#7 » by nickhx2 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 2:47 am

lautreamont wrote:And with that his price for a new contract just went up even higher.

eh i mean he's been pretty awful so if he goes...

Return to Los Angeles Clippers