BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Re: Elton Brand's Resume 

Post#41 » by BullyKing » Sun Sep 6, 2020 12:44 am

Sixerscan wrote:
Arsenal wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:Well similar to my above point they knew about what the luxury tax was going to be, if this was an issue just don't trade for Harris and let Chandler and so on expire or trade them for someone more cost controlled like Warren or something. Or don't trade two cost controlled role players for Butler.

The overwhelming majority of the league doesn't pay the tax/does whatever they can to avoid paying the tax. Like I know you love crying about them being cheap but they have the 6th highest payroll this year. It's just a reality of this being a business and not a fantasy league. But if you're a team that doesn't want to pay the tax, then maybe don't make moves burning cost controlled assets that are obviously going to take you into the tax, and then get cold feet. That was the weirdest part of all this, the seeming indecision and getting blindsided by things they should have already known and been prepared for.

It's very unusual to trade real assets for a max free agent to be mid season, and the Sixers did it twice in one season. It's extremely difficult to completely change everything to accommodate a guy like that in-season. And it seems even more weird to do if you're not 100% into signing the guy long term (when you'll have an off season and a camp to get them more into the team). It does all speak to it all being driven by Harris who isn't a basketball person and maybe doesn't get something like that.

We had arguably the most talented team in the league last year and all the key players PUBLICLY said they wanted to run it back. Apparently the coach in the end agreed to run it back.

Then a headscratching series of moves ensue resulting in: 1) a much worse team, and 2) a much lower payroll.

6th highest payroll means JACK if you're trying to be an actual contender. The teams that win are usually 1st, 2nd, 3rd in payroll. 6th means NOTHING.

So no I'm not just "crying" that they are cheap. THEY ARE CHEAP. There is almost a decade worth of evidence to prove it.

Well 6 of the 8 teams left have a lower salary than the Sixers. Heat are paying less than $2 million more, Clippers a few hundred thousand.

But regardless my point is, if you want to be “cheap” that’s one thing. But don’t give away all of your controllable assets for guys you don’t have the budget to keep around long term. A “cheap” team shouldn’t be putting itself in a position where they have to spend a record amount of contracts in a single offseason.

I think you are both right. Any team operating at or near the tax needs to protect their cheap assets because they represent pretty much the only way to meaningfully improve the team going forward.

I do think one the appeals of not running it back was to delay the tax for a year so I think there is an element of cheapness at play here as well.

But really, the larger problem is that this organization has been completely schizophrenic since Hinkie left and constantly overreacting to every issue. They struck out in free agency the first time and so became convinced they had to spend assets trading for people (Butler, Harris). Then our lack of an even remotely playable backup center barely costs us the Toronto series so we spend $100 million on Al Horford.

You can point some actions and label them evidence of being cheap. You can point to others as evidence of a win now mentality where money doesn't appear to be an issue. Rather than deciding whether they are all-in or cheap, isn't it easier and likely more accurate to just say they are incompetent?
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#42 » by Sixerscan » Sun Sep 6, 2020 1:51 am

BullyKing wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
Arsenal wrote:
We had arguably the most talented team in the league last year and all the key players PUBLICLY said they wanted to run it back. Apparently the coach in the end agreed to run it back.

Then a headscratching series of moves ensue resulting in: 1) a much worse team, and 2) a much lower payroll.

6th highest payroll means JACK if you're trying to be an actual contender. The teams that win are usually 1st, 2nd, 3rd in payroll. 6th means NOTHING.

So no I'm not just "crying" that they are cheap. THEY ARE CHEAP. There is almost a decade worth of evidence to prove it.

Well 6 of the 8 teams left have a lower salary than the Sixers. Heat are paying less than $2 million more, Clippers a few hundred thousand.

But regardless my point is, if you want to be “cheap” that’s one thing. But don’t give away all of your controllable assets for guys you don’t have the budget to keep around long term. A “cheap” team shouldn’t be putting itself in a position where they have to spend a record amount of contracts in a single offseason.

I think you are both right. Any team operating at or near the tax needs to protect their cheap assets because they represent pretty much the only way to meaningfully improve the team going forward.

I do think one the appeals of not running it back was to delay the tax for a year so I think there is an element of cheapness at play here as well.

But really, the larger problem is that this organization has been completely schizophrenic since Hinkie left and constantly overreacting to every issue. They struck out in free agency the first time and so became convinced they had to spend assets trading for people (Butler, Harris). Then our lack of an even remotely playable backup center barely costs us the Toronto series so we spend $100 million on Al Horford.

You can point some actions and label them evidence of being cheap. You can point to others as evidence of a win now mentality where money doesn't appear to be an issue. Rather than deciding whether they are all-in or cheap, isn't it easier and likely more accurate to just say they are incompetent?

Right yeah that's what I was trying to say. Not paying the tax in a vacuum is annoying if somewhat understandable due to reality, but not paying the tax after your team building strategy the prior year seemed to assume you were paying the tax is even more annoying. They are the ones that put themselves in that situation. Like there's a reason why teams normally don't trade for multiple guys that you expect to get max offers months later.

They just don't seem to have a consistent vision, which is ironic given the guy that started all of this off had like the most singular vision in league history.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Post#43 » by sixers hoops » Mon Sep 7, 2020 3:04 pm

Arsenal wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:
76ciology wrote:
He didnt take any credit when he traded role players for Butler and role players and picks that would be drafted for players we’ll never care about for Tobias Harris. Then found a steal with Thybulle. That also for me is dumb because people may think it is not himself who was responsible for those moves since he is just a GM and not the president of basketball operations.

I thought the Butler trade was good, but the Harris trade sucked. I wouldn’t want credit for that. I thought the Thybulle pick was good, but he telegraphed it so bad that he had to give away a good pick to move up to get him. Horrible rookie mistake.

I basically agree, except that the Butler trade was not good when you consider it ended up being a rental. If we actually kept the star player who we traded for then yes the trade was fine. Since we traded for the guy without the conviction to keep him, it was a bad move.

That move was the impetus for the entire chain of RUSH THE PROCESS stupid move after stupid move.

Agreed in hindsight. I was saying I thought it was a good trade at the time. In retrospect, it was bad. We could have Cov in his declining value contract instead of Horford.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,682

Post#44 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue Sep 8, 2020 9:31 am

Ninjaed on my Steve Kerr comments.

But as a Celtics fan, I recall with horror Paul "Thanksdad" Gaston.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,965

Post#45 » by ankle420breaker » Tue Sep 8, 2020 10:55 am

Arsenal wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
Stanford wrote:
I think the Butler trade was good. But what was the plan? Butler has been a malcontent everywhere and has issues with coaches and aloof teammates. The personality and on-court fit issues should have been predicted. Was the plan to go all-in on one season?

Right, if what happened here was that Jimmy is just kind of crazy and decided after the season he was going to Miami no matter what that's one thing, nothing you can do about that. But you can absolutely predict that Jimmy was going to butt heads with people and especially someone like Simmons and that he was going to have issues with not being on the ball. It's nothing short of an organizational failure to not plan for that and only make the trade if you're comfortable with dealing with all that, especially for a team whose GM is a former player.

You can make an argument that the performance in the post season last year was like a 90% outcome when you made the trade. I'm just sort of confused as to what they thought was going to happen when they made the trade in the first place? It seems like everything happened just as expected (or better!) and the Sixers just got cold feet.

One major factor in our catastrophic 2019 summer that people continue to overlook is MONEY.

Running it back would have cost $10M+ more in salary, likely pushing us into the luxury tax.

Doing the moves they did allowed Josh Harris to save ~ $15M cash this past season by avoiding the tax. Plus BIG MONEY savings in future years with lower payroll, starting the clock on the repeater tax one year later, etc.

The most likely explanation for why Jimmy Butler is not here is because Josh Harris CHEAPED OUT.
Obvious factor. What infuriates me is how Brand was publicly boasting that he had authorization from Josh Harris to run it back last year. Nobody from the organization should have even put that out there without absolute certainty that they'd be able to deliver.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
BB_Fan
Junior
And1: 52

Post#46 » by BB_Fan » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:52 pm

EB has been a failure in the Front Office. He would have been fired if he was in any organization except 76ers.

To sign Tobias and Al for the bloated contracts was a mistake. Trading for Tobias was a even bigger mistake.
kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,811

Post#47 » by kriss73 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:54 am

Fire this guy yesterday.
I don't care who was in charge to make decisions but he specifically should be fired only to have said "The Process failed".

The Process didn't failed: we drafted stars and we traded for stars (Butler) as expected.

The men who had to lead the Proccess...they failed, not the proccess by itself.
If you're the guy in charge to lead the Process and you claim it failed either you're a fraud or you're guilty of incompetence.
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,527

Post#48 » by 76ciology » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:01 am

I hope you guys can find peace in your heart and realize if EB will not be fired. EB was not the reason Jimmy is not with us, it’s Ben.

I’d say it’s more likely one of Biid or Ben will be traded than EB getting fired this offseason.

EB has fielded arguably the most talented roster in the league for 2 straight seasons. He turned role players like Saric and Roco into Tobias and Butler.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#49 » by 76ciology » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:07 am

I also don’t know how you can say the owner is cheap when our squad has the highest payroll coming to next season while we paid one of the most expensive coach in the league in Doc while still having Brett on our contract.
I believe we’re also about to build our own arena.

The ownership is anything but cheap. If the ownership and FO is such a mess, will Doc sign with us? Just think about it.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#50 » by BullyKing » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:53 am

76ciology wrote:I also don’t know how you can say the owner is cheap when our squad has the highest payroll coming to next season while we paid one of the most expensive coach in the league in Doc while still having Brett on our contract.

The ownership is anything but cheap. If the ownership and FO is such a mess, will Doc sign with us? Just think about it.

Then why do they sell second round picks if they're not cheap? Why did they always maximize the amount of cash they were able to receive in a given if they're not cheap? Why are they trying to get taxpayers to pay for this new arena if they're not cheap?

Now I grant you they will prove they are not cheap if they don't make moves this offseason that make us even worse just to save money. Everything they have done to date has aligned with being cheap. I don't see how it's unreasonable to expect them to prove they aren't first. So let's see them use Mike Scott has salary ballast to get a more expensive player that will actually help the team instead of trading #34 (it's Brand, so more likely #34 and #36) for someone to take Scott's salary.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#51 » by 76ciology » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:23 pm

BullyKing wrote:
76ciology wrote:I also don’t know how you can say the owner is cheap when our squad has the highest payroll coming to next season while we paid one of the most expensive coach in the league in Doc while still having Brett on our contract.

Then why do they sell second round picks if they're not cheap? Why did they always maximize the amount of cash they were able to receive in a given if they're not cheap? Why are they trying to get taxpayers to pay for this new arena if they're not cheap?

Now I grant you they will prove they are not cheap if they don't make moves this offseason that make us even worse just to save money. Everything they have done to date has aligned with being cheap. I don't see how it's unreasonable to expect them to prove they aren't first. So let's see them use Mike Scott has salary ballast to get a more expensive player that will actually help the team instead of trading #34 (it's Brand, so more likely #34 and #36) for someone to take Scott's salary.

It’s like when you have a ferrari, then you ask why don’t you buy a plane if you are really rich. While other teams are just driving on their Lexus.

Why do they sell those second rounders? Because you can’t have more than a certain number of players on your roster and most likely those second rounders are not gonna help your team than proven vets. Is Sixers the only team that is selling their 2nd rounders?

Again.. we have the highest payroll in the league and arguably one of the most talented roster (for the second years straight) with one of the most expensive head coach while still paying for their previous head coach. And planning to build a new arena? I dont know how you can be considered cheap after that. We are almost like one of those Prokorov teams right now if you think about it.

Steve Balmer, a guy who’s got infinite money, owns a team that has the same amount of payroll as ours. Next season, we have a team that has a higher payroll than his. While I’m pretty sure they won’t have a more expensive head coach than ours. Our team’s owner is about to spend more than Steve Balmer.

Cheap for the non-essentials like asking paycuts who does office works for the team? Sure. But for the product they put on the court, our ownership surely is not cheap.

Rich people are rich because they know what stuffs they should not overspend.
mike76
Junior
And1: 344

Post#52 » by mike76 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:43 pm

76ciology wrote:I hope you guys can find peace in your heart and realize if EB will not be fired. EB was not the reason Jimmy is not with us, it’s Ben.

I’d say it’s more likely one of Biid or Ben will be traded than EB getting fired this offseason.

EB has fielded arguably the most talented roster in the league for 2 straight seasons. He turned role players like Saric and Roco into Tobias and Butler.

Jimmy is gone because:
1. Jimmy rather play in Miami than Philly
2. Per Jimmy, he felt rightfully disrespected when the FO wanted to control him like a toddler
3. Per Woj, we didn't even offer him a 5 year max, presumably because Horford would be cheaper than Butler in terms of salaries + luxury tax plus FO didn't view him as a talent dropoff.

Jimmy might have been gone either way, but Elton Brand and the FO is responsible for point 2 and 3.

Brett and Ben had nothing to do with it (although Jimmy definitely hated Brett, but FO has been trying to fire him for several seasons now)

people need to come to terms with that and stop trying to play sherlock with tweet timings and just listen to what Jimmy said in his interviews and what respectable insiders (ie woj) have said on this issue. There is no mystery here.

And no, elton has not assembled the most talented roster in the league. Not by a long shot.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#53 » by 76ciology » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:21 am

mike76 wrote:
76ciology wrote:I hope you guys can find peace in your heart and realize if EB will not be fired. EB was not the reason Jimmy is not with us, it’s Ben.

Jimmy is gone because:
2. Per Jimmy, he felt rightfully disrespected when the FO wanted to control him like a toddler
3. Per Woj, we didn't even offer him a 5 year max, presumably because Horford would be cheaper than Butler in terms of salaries + luxury tax plus FO didn't view him as a talent dropoff.

Jimmy might have been gone either way, but Elton Brand and the FO is responsible for point 2 and 3.

Brett and Ben had nothing to do with it (although Jimmy definitely hated Brett, but FO has been trying to fire him for several seasons now)

people need to come to terms with that and stop trying to play sherlock with tweet timings and just listen to what Jimmy said in his interviews and what respectable insiders (ie woj) have said on this issue. There is no mystery here.

And no, elton has not assembled the most talented roster in the league. Not by a long shot.

So what can you say about the ff:
- jimmy saying some of the players on our team is not playing for a championship but for fame and fortune. Who could he referring to? It ain’t Tobias because Tobias clearly does not have the fame to be caught up for that and we know Ben has been treated like LeBron 2.0 since college while he’s the guy who seemed to not be working his game looking at how flat his development is (Vincent Goodwill Yahoo)
- Jimmy being vocal and Ben didn’t love that attitude (Zach Harper The Athletic). Ben once took an issue in a group chat when Jimmy told Ben about how he should play. (This is part of “control Jimmy”)
- Jimmy saying Ben doesn’t have the mental toughness of him and Jojo (Zach Harper the Athletic)
- When Jimmy eventually had the ball in his hands during the Raps series, Ben scored 10pts or less in most games of that series. Do you think Ben will be OK with that role? In a Jimmy-Ben pick and roll, where will you place Ben?
- why is Biid opposed to hire a coach connected to Ben? (The Painted Lines)

Control Jimmy, the video posted:
- It’s because of the complains of Brett not appreciating how outspoken Jimmy was and Ben didn’t like Butler telling him how to play his game (Chris Haynes)

I know everyone hate the FO right now and wants to connect the FO with Butler’s departure.

But think about it.. Butler has mentioned Ben or has described Ben MORE than the FO when it comes to his negative experience with the team.

Regarding our 2019-2020 team, do you know that ESPN, 538 and NBA executives, NBA scouts and most of us at Sixers REALGM Board had us to either make it to the finals or win the championship?

Where the FO went wrong for me:
- didn’t remove the guys in the FO that drafted Ben (this is why Biid doesnt want a coach connected to Ben).
- didn’t trade Ben for Kawhi (this move guarantees a championship and a finals in 2020)
- didn’t re-sign Jimmy, trade Ben and then replace Brett in 2019 offseason (this move almost guarantees atleast the finals in 2020)

If the FO is real dysfunctional. Doc Rivers would know it more than casual fans. Doc Rivers has experience with Sterling and has been part of a FO is. He knows what a dysfunctional FO is. If EB is incompetent.. then why was our team for the last two seasons been projected to atleast make the finals. Why is he not fired and why are other teams interested to hire him.

I respect your sentiment on our FO. But respect my sentiment on Ben. I also want the guys in the FO, who are pro-Ben to be removed. And I think any sixers fans would want Ben to improve on offense.

We share the same goal of this team becoming better.
mike76
Junior

Post#54 » by mike76 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:41 pm

76ciology wrote:
mike76 wrote:

Jimmy is gone because:

So what can you say about the ff:
- jimmy saying some of the players on our team is not playing for a championship but for fame and fortune. Who could he referring to? It ain’t Tobias because Tobias clearly does not have the fame to be caught up for that and we know Ben has been treated like LeBron 2.0 since college while he’s the guy who seemed to not be working his game looking at how flat his development is (Vincent Goodwill Yahoo)
- Jimmy being vocal and Ben didn’t love that attitude (Zach Harper The Athletic). Ben once took an issue in a group chat when Jimmy told Ben about how he should play. (This is part of “control Jimmy”)
- Jimmy saying Ben doesn’t have the mental toughness of him and Jojo (Zach Harper the Athletic)
- When Jimmy eventually had the ball in his hands during the Raps series, Ben scored 10pts or less in most games of that series. Do you think Ben will be OK with that role? In a Jimmy-Ben pick and roll, where will you place Ben?
- why is Biid opposed to hire a coach connected to Ben? (The Painted Lines)

Control Jimmy, the video posted:
- It’s because of the complains of Brett not appreciating how outspoken Jimmy was and Ben didn’t like Butler telling him how to play his game (Chris Haynes)

I know everyone hate the FO right now and wants to connect the FO with Butler’s departure.

But think about it.. Butler has mentioned Ben or has described Ben MORE than the FO when it comes to his negative experience with the team.

Regarding our 2019-2020 team, do you know that ESPN, 538 and NBA executives, NBA scouts and most of us at Sixers REALGM Board had us to either make it to the finals or win the championship?

Where the FO went wrong for me:
- didn’t remove the guys in the FO that drafted Ben (this is why Biid doesnt want a coach connected to Ben).
- didn’t trade Ben for Kawhi (this move guarantees a championship and a finals in 2020)
- didn’t re-sign Jimmy, trade Ben and then replace Brett in 2019 offseason (this move almost guarantees atleast the finals in 2020)

If the FO is real dysfunctional. Doc Rivers would know it more than casual fans. Doc Rivers has experience with Sterling and has been part of a FO is. He knows what a dysfunctional FO is. If EB is incompetent.. then why was our team for the last two seasons been projected to atleast make the finals. Why is he not fired and why are other teams interested to hire him.

I respect your sentiment on our FO. But respect my sentiment on Ben. I also want the guys in the FO, who are pro-Ben to be removed. And I think any sixers fans would want Ben to improve on offense.

We share the same goal of this team becoming better.

https://www.si.com/nba/2020/02/28/jimmy-butler-miami-heat-nba-biggest-surprise

One rumor Butler would like to dispel is the idea that he left Philadelphia because of tension with Ben Simmons or Joel Embiid. “I didn’t have a problem with either one of them,” he says. “Still talk to those dudes. I wish them the absolute best. A career of great health, make as much money as you can, win as many championships as you can. I did not have a problem with any of those guys. It just didn’t work the way that we wanted it to work. That’s life. Not everything pans out the way you want it to pan out. But you learn and you move on from it.”

Like if you want to play Sherlock and read between the lines, that's fine. But Jimmy has straight up said he didn't leave because of either Ben or Joel (and I feel a Jimmy quote from a Jimmy interview probably carries the most weight here unless we want to just assume he flat out lied to Andrew Sharp).
Monix
Pro Prospect
And1: 661

Post#55 » by Monix » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:54 pm

so...it really was TJ that he didn't get along with
76ciology
RealGM

Post#56 » by 76ciology » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:58 am

Monix wrote:so...it really was TJ that he didn't get along with

Yes. TJ is full of himself. His fame and fortune inflated his ego that he was offended that Jimmy told him what not to do. He is so full of himself that he doesn’t want to play off ball and actually wants to run more pick and rolls (Jimmy himself said it). This is why we he went to the Pacers.

The team had to “control Jimmy” so Brett can continue to run his offense with TJ as primary ball handler while Butler will keep his mouth shut and not tell TJ how to play because “he didn’t appreciate his leadership”.

So in the end, it really makes sense that we chose TJ over Jimmy. Or atleast the coach we planned to replace 2 years ago over Jimmy.

But seriously.. anyone that knows basketball knows that there are only two guys you can chose over Jimmy.

Not Brett. Not Tobi. not TJ. But Ben or Biid. And it’s not definitely Biid. Because Biid was not the odd man out (a role diminished) when we gave Jimmy the reign on offense.

This franchise maybe stupid enough to select Noel and MCW over Giannis or selecting Okafor with a top 3 pick but it isn’t stupid enough to select TJ over Butler.

And Biid also knows how unfair it is that we place a lot of value in building towards Ben, that he tried to not let the FO hire a headcoach connected to Ben.

I rest my case. You guys can just take all the information I laid out and think about it.

Again.. i don’t hate Ben. I’m a guy that supports everyone on this team. I just hope that the fanbase put Ben accountable (this trend around social media is increasing recently) for what we’ve built and do his part by being a better offensive player. Because whether you agree with my view on why Jimmy walks or not, we share the same goal of wanting Ben to be a better offensive player than who he was since his 2nd year (rookie year).
mike76
Junior

Post#57 » by mike76 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:50 pm

76ciology wrote:
Monix wrote:so...it really was TJ that he didn't get along with

Yes. TJ is full of himself. His fame and fortune inflated his ego that he was offended that Jimmy told him what not to do. He is so full of himself that he doesn’t want to play off ball and actually wants to run more pick and rolls (Jimmy himself said it). This is why we he went to the Pacers.

The team had to “control Jimmy” so Brett can continue to run his offense with TJ as primary ball handler while Butler will keep his mouth shut and not tell TJ how to play because “he didn’t appreciate his leadership”.

So in the end, it really makes sense that we chose TJ over Jimmy. Or atleast the coach we planned to replace 2 years ago over Jimmy.

But seriously.. anyone that knows basketball knows that there are only two guys you can chose over Jimmy.

Not Brett. Not Tobi. not TJ. But Ben or Biid. And it’s not definitely Biid. Because Biid was not the odd man out (a role diminished) when we gave Jimmy the reign on offense.

This franchise maybe stupid enough to select Noel and MCW over Giannis or selecting Okafor with a top 3 pick but it isn’t stupid enough to select TJ over Butler.

And Biid also knows how unfair it is that we place a lot of value in building towards Ben, that he tried to not let the FO hire a headcoach connected to Ben.

I rest my case. You guys can just take all the information I laid out and think about it.

Again.. i don’t hate Ben. I’m a guy that supports everyone on this team. I just hope that the fanbase put Ben accountable (this trend around social media is increasing recently) for what we’ve built and do his part by being a better offensive player. Because whether you agree with my view on why Jimmy walks or not, we share the same goal of wanting Ben to be a better offensive player than who he was since his 2nd year (rookie year).

Or...

The FO choose Al and Josh over Jimmy and JJ because:
a) they wanted to match up better with the bucks
b) it would be cheaper for ownership
c) it would address non Embiid minutes
d) it would 'potentially' screw over the Celtics
e) we would have a better defense
f) our analytics viewed Josh/Al as comparable to Jimmy/Horford

Jimmy had no beef with Ben.

Stop projecting your feelings everywhere and blaming mistakes of this organization on players you don't like
mike76
Junior

Post#58 » by mike76 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:57 pm

One rumor Butler would like to dispel is the idea that he left Philadelphia because of tension with Ben Simmons or Joel Embiid. “I didn’t have a problem with either one of them,” he says. “Still talk to those dudes. I wish them the absolute best. A career of great health, make as much money as you can, win as many championships as you can. I did not have a problem with any of those guys. It just didn’t work the way that we wanted it to work. That’s life. Not everything pans out the way you want it to pan out. But you learn and you move on from it.”

https://www.si.com/nba/2020/02/28/jimmy-butler-miami-heat-nba-biggest-surprise

Read on Twitter

According to the same source the core players mostly liked and got along with Butler. This team insider did not suspect that retaining Butler would have impacted the ensuing contracts signed by Tobias Harris or Ben Simmons. “I think [the core players] were down to run it back. [The team] wanted to go another way.”

When pressed if there was any tension in the locker room that may have led to the Sixers decision to move on, the source suggested that there did exist some tension at times between Butler and the coaching staff, not between Butler and his teammates. “There was sometimes tension. [Butler] and the coaches, yes.”

https://www.libertyballers.com/2019/9/5/20847564/source-jimmy-butler-would-have-stayed-for-a-max-sixers-uninterested

Like dude, get out of your feelings and just bending reality to fit your agenda.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#59 » by Arsenal » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:52 pm

You seriously think we had the most talented roster in the league last year? Really?

How much are they paying you?
76ciology
RealGM

Post#60 » by 76ciology » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:01 pm

Arsenal wrote:

You seriously think we had the most talented roster in the league last year? Really?

How much are they paying you?

- 538 projected our team to win the championship.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/nba-free-agency-diary-did-the-sixers-lose-jimmy-butler-and-get-better/
- ESPN BPI projected our team to make the finals
- 20 real life Executives and scouts projected us to make the finals.
- Nylon Calculus said our roster does not have a bad fit

RealGM threads (check page 10):
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1869276

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1865292

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1865187

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1892178

I can go on..

Return to Philadelphia 76ers