ImageImageImage

Miami Heat (5) vs Milwaukee Bucks (1) September 4th @ 630 PM EST

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Re: Miami Heat (5) vs Milwaukee Bucks (1) September 4th @ 630 PM EST 

Post#961 » by HeatIn5 » Sun Sep 6, 2020 2:45 pm

greg4012 wrote:
insfo wrote:How do we get in on the Brook Lopez sweepstakes??

More interested in looking into adding Wes Matthews on the cheap. If we can't retain Jae (hopefully due to making another big move) that is a fantastic replacement

Don’t think wes can play the 4 like Crowder and our rotation is pretty packed at the 2/3. If we are looking to replace Jae, we should take Saddiq Bey at 20
Read on Twitter
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,784

Post#962 » by greg4012 » Sun Sep 6, 2020 3:04 pm

HerroBalls wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
insfo wrote:How do we get in on the Brook Lopez sweepstakes??

More interested in looking into adding Wes Matthews on the cheap. If we can't retain Jae (hopefully due to making another big move) that is a fantastic replacement

Don’t think wes can play the 4 like Crowder and our rotation is pretty packed at the 2/3. If we are looking to replace Jae, we should take Saddiq Bey at 20

I get that perspective. I'm more coming from the perspective that it's always worth it to add a legitimate 3 & D player with versatility. There's nothing more valuable for a contender than to have a platoon of versatile wing defenders available to support the core pieces.Especially when you consider our switch heavy scheme and the level of defense that Matthews has displayed and his vet savvy and playoff experience.

I think Matthews is currently on a minimum deal. If he can be added for cheap it's an amazing move IMO.

No rookie will be ready to fill Jae's role or any major role, and if anything, KZ is on track to be a future option at 4.
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,324

Post#963 » by Rapaz » Sun Sep 6, 2020 3:07 pm

Wiltside wrote:Thought this was a cool anecdote:

During Iguodala’s appearance on the podcast, he also revealed rookie KZ Okpala has been playing the role of Antetokounmpo on the Heat’s scout team.

“We got a guy nobody has ever heard of,” Iguodala said. “I call him Stanford kid, KZ Okpala. I don’t even know how to say his last name yet. I call him KZ, my fellow Nigerian brother. He has been kind of like the Giannis in our scout team. You talk about somebody coming with full speed, full force at you. He’s 6-8, can handle the rock and full force, and he’s strong and he’s wiry.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nba/miami-heat/article245483295.html#storylink=cpy

Do we have the most players of Nigerian descent of any team in the NBA?

Adebayo
Iguodala
Okpala
Vincent
Dragićyinbo

This can't be a coincidence.

Riley is going to show up to the Giannis recruitment meeting with a sack of rings, wearing an Agbada.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#964 » by IggieCC » Sun Sep 6, 2020 3:23 pm

Rapaz wrote:Dragićyinbo

3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS

Return to Miami Heat