Re: Andrew Wiggins one of Warriors' 'core four' players, Bob Myers says 

Post#41 » by Mav_Carter » Sat Sep 5, 2020 8:35 pm

Wiggins is more talented than Kawhi...
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#42 » by Warriors Analyst » Sat Sep 5, 2020 9:17 pm

Mav_Carter wrote:Wiggins is more talented than Kawhi...

Stop. You also predicted a CJ McCollum jump for Poole next year. Insane.
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#43 » by lars_rosenberg » Sun Sep 6, 2020 2:03 pm

Mav_Carter wrote:Wiggins is more talented than Kawhi...

Wiggins is the GOAT, not even LaVar Ball can match his talent.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#44 » by clyde21 » Sun Sep 6, 2020 5:55 pm

some weird revisionist history here happening when it comes to Wiggins based on a stupidly small size in meaningless games

even calling him decent is a huge stretch, per dollar he's been one of the worst players in the entire NBA the last few years

not saying he can't be better, playing with Steph makes everyone better, but let's not pretend that this dude has been good at any point in his career just because all the sudden he's donning warriors colors
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,259

Post#45 » by Onus » Sun Sep 6, 2020 6:19 pm

clyde21 wrote:some weird revisionist history here happening when it comes to Wiggins based on a stupidly small size in meaningless games

even calling him decent is a huge stretch, per dollar he's been one of the worst players in the entire NBA the last few years

not saying he can't be better, playing with Steph makes everyone better, but let's not pretend that this dude has been good at any point in his career just because all the sudden he's donning warriors colors

Wiggins biggest issue is that he isn’t a good shooter and he takes way too many step back jumpers that he’s not good at.

Really he didn’t improve much at all offensively on the warriors small sample.

Defensively is were I saw the most improvement. Defense is a lot about scheme and effort. Wiggins has the tools now it’s just about him applying it to our scheme and him learning it and knowing where to be. If hardens low effort defense can change so can Wiggins.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#46 » by Little Digger » Sun Sep 6, 2020 6:24 pm

Wiggins-Dray-Bash Bro’s-Deni ..they’re going to be beautiful to watch..
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#47 » by clyde21 » Sun Sep 6, 2020 7:09 pm

Onus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:some weird revisionist history here happening when it comes to Wiggins based on a stupidly small size in meaningless games

Wiggins biggest issue is that he isn’t a good shooter and he takes way too many step back jumpers that he’s not good at.

Defensively is were I saw the most improvement. Defense is a lot about scheme and effort. Wiggins has the tools now it’s just about him applying it to our scheme and him learning it and knowing where to be. If hardens low effort defense can change so can Wiggins.

Wiggins biggest issue is that he isn't any good and has never been any good -- his BBIQ is HS level, his decision making is terrible, his motor disappears for long stretches, plays with the intensity of a gold fish...if you think it's just his shot that needs fixing you're in for a surprise imo

again, not saying a change of scenery won't benefit him, but let's stop acting like this dude has not been an abject failure his entire career despite the completely empty scoring numbers he posts b/c of all the **** shots he takes
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,259

Post#48 » by Onus » Sun Sep 6, 2020 7:24 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Onus wrote:

Wiggins biggest issue is that he isn't any good and has never been any good -- his BBIQ is HS level, his decision making is terrible, his motor disappears for long stretches, plays with the intensity of a gold fish...if you think it's just his shot that needs fixing you're in for a surprise imo

again, not saying a change of scenery won't benefit him, but let's stop acting like this dude has not been an abject failure his entire career despite the completely empty scoring numbers he posts b/c of all the **** shots he takes

Abject failure would be like Anthony Bennett. Wiggins hasn’t lived up to his massive hype. He’s definitely been misclassed as a no 1 and the role has been too big for him. But he has the tools to be a player.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
clyde21
RealGM

Post#49 » by clyde21 » Sun Sep 6, 2020 7:28 pm

Onus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Onus wrote:Wiggins biggest issue is that he isn’t a good shooter and he takes way too many step back jumpers that he’s not good at.

Abject failure would be like Anthony Bennett. Wiggins hasn’t lived up to his massive hype. He’s definitely been misclassed as a no 1 and the role has been too big for him. But he has the tools to be a player.

that's fine, but people are pretending that he's been 'above decent' or whatever that means, no, he really hasn't...by almost every single metric available to us he's been a horrendous player and a complete net negative as an asset.
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#50 » by jamesnamida » Wed Sep 9, 2020 1:02 am

:roll: didnt him and kerr say the same about looney? pillar of the organization?
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#51 » by azwfan » Wed Sep 9, 2020 1:58 am

jamesnamida wrote::roll: didnt him and kerr say the same about looney? pillar of the organization?

Looney was a foundational player. Totally different.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,404

Post#52 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:03 am

I dunno guys....but Curry, Klay, Green, Wiggins, decent center....I'll take that team over every team other than maybe Clippers in this years playoffs.

If no Giannis then keep him....score solid back up for Curry or Center....Warriors will be a top 4 team next year.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Mav_Carter
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#53 » by Mav_Carter » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:28 am

I watched the end of the Raptors game last night and fell in love with RHJ all over again...I wanted him so bad in the draft...add him and Josh Jackson and trade the pick for Marcus Smart and we're back in the Finals...
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#54 » by jamesnamida » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:30 am

azwfan wrote:
jamesnamida wrote::roll: didnt him and kerr say the same about looney? pillar of the organization?

Looney was a foundational player. Totally different.

more like loyal to a fault, by signing that deal.
he only got meaningful minutes starting in the 2018 season, hardly foundational.
hope he gets healthy but now his skillset is less valuable as it was 3 years ago.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,143

Post#55 » by cpower » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:14 am

ILOVEIT wrote:I dunno guys....but Curry, Klay, Green, Wiggins, decent center....I'll take that team over every team other than maybe Clippers in this years playoffs.

If no Giannis then keep him....score solid back up for Curry or Center....Warriors will be a top 4 team next year.

we need another 2 good shooters since neither Wiggins nor Green can shoot threes effciently. If we start Wiggins and Green together, the center needs to be a good three point shooter as well. Wiggins not being a good shooter has really cost us a lot in terms of picking up other players.

We basically still shopping for good shooters and versatile defenders which does not come cheap on this market
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#56 » by Little Digger » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:21 am

Wiggins will be vastly improved from 3 and will win the MIP award..mark it..

Let’s see if Paschall is putting in the work during this long offseason..If he becomes a threat from 3 watch out ..think a bigger Vinnie Microwave Johnson..if you have to get up tight on Paschall it’s all over
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,404

Post#57 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:12 am

Funny how everyone regards the Kevin Love as a Timberwolf as some amazing talent, almost trading Klay Thompson for him. Yet Wiggins is a bum. Love was a beast on the offensive boards....dominant there. Wiggins is capable of being a much better defender than Love could ever be.

Love at Minny 19 point average - shot 45%/36% from 2 and 3 point range. 82% from the line. 12 rebounds (plays PF/center)
Wiggins at Minny 19 point average - shot 44%/33% from 2 and 3 point range. 73% from the line. 4 rebounds (SF)

Wiggin's Wolves have slightly better team success.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/wiggian01.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/loveke01.html
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#58 » by Coxy » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:04 am

clyde21 wrote:
Onus wrote:

I think Andrew's biggest issue, is maturity. When I hear the guy is enamoured with, whelp, Fortnight the game, it makes me wince. From the Minny fans, and reading articles on him, he's an extremely gifted toddler that hasn't had the disciplined growth environment needed to grow to his potential. He's been allowed the freedom to play for a crap club and just get by on athletisism, and then sit at home when allowed to leave his job and play computer games like a child. Having all of the pressure of a number 1 pick piled the pressure on, and he did just enough to tease his club into keeping commited, but deep down he has never been inspired to really be a champion of the game of basketball. If he had the choice, he'd probably just be a gamer at home.

Now, can that change? Of course. Maturity is a hell of a thing, and as the years go by we all change. Computer games used to obsess me, but in my late 20's they turned into a lame childish thing that I was doing. I haven't played a game in years, and can't believe I ever went near them. Such a waste of the only life I get to have. It's this kind of thinking, along with having a family, that really changes your thinking, and I hope that Andrew realises the unique gifts he has been awarded naturally in life before the gift passes him by.

He CAN become more than he is, either here at the Warriors or elsewhere, but it's going to be a huge mind shift in the way he approaches life, because it certainly isn't the naturally ability holding him back.

I love a good reclamation project.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 363

Post#59 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:45 pm

That's probably Bob Myers' way of saying "We couldn't pull any significant D'Angelo trade that would benefit us, and we needed someone to fill KD's role, adequately. So, Andrew Wiggins was our best and only option. Wiggins' contract is *** and he isn't quite on the level of KD, but we're hoping he'll play his ass off this upcoming season so he'll build positive value, garner real interests from other teams, and potentially ship him out ASAP for a quality starter or future 1st round pick. "
vagelis
Starter
And1: 794

Post#60 » by vagelis » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:47 pm

Wiggins works for second year with Chriss Johnson who seems to be one of the best off season trainers

Return to Golden State Warriors