ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,414

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#1781 » by god shammgod » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:31 pm

Mecca wrote:BOLDY JAMES

i like it a lot. real soulful.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Post#1782 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:51 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:new burna album out today. can't wait to listen this weekend.

YOOOOOOOO, WORLDS COLLIDING AND SH*T. GOD DAMN.

damn. he went with the "jamboree" foundation. that is a bold choice. love this man.

on african giant he did the same with black ryno's "test di link/ay ya" for "destiny."

treach is arguably the most underrated MC of all time. vinny was perfect on this. :lol: love it.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,852

Post#1783 » by SelbyCobra » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:54 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:new burna album out today. can't wait to listen this weekend.

YOOOOOOOO, WORLDS COLLIDING AND SH*T. GOD DAMN.

damn. he went with the "jamboree" foundation. that is a bold choice. love this man.

on african giant he did the same with black ryno's "test di link/ay ya" for "destiny."

treach is arguably the most underrated MC of all time. vinny was perfect on this. :lol: love it.

You suspect it when the song starts, but then he drops the "say god damn" and suddenly it's blatant in your face. :lol:

And totally agree about Treach, I've held and argued that view over the years. His flow and complexity was so, SO ahead of his time, but for some reason he never got his flowers for it. He got recognized for his aesthetics (being brolic, the chains, gear) and personality so much more than his actual lyrical ability.
SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#1784 » by SelbyCobra » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:27 am

FIRM BUSINESS.

kej718
Sixth Man
And1: 499

Post#1785 » by kej718 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:04 pm

Damn after 3 days in rotation Nas might have another classic on his hands. The 2 songs I was not really feeling are growing on me. Every listen I catch another line I missed.

I was going to list my favorite songs but that changes on every listen. When I look at the reviews everyone has a different favorite. Even the bonus song that I thought I would hate could be a big single for him, that and "All Bad". AZ and Ferg had the best features on there rapping.

"27 Summers" and "Spicy" need a remix

I bought the album. If you haven't heard it yet listen to it here. Hope you all support this one too it is great.

Listen to it hear:
https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=ERRYj-Aa-WU&list=OLAK5uy_kbpQd6RjfzqPDwZLUwUm4V7CV7edIc6KU
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,964

Post#1786 » by Manhattan Project » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:33 am

Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,035

Post#1787 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:35 am

SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#1788 » by SelbyCobra » Thu Sep 3, 2020 7:44 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:I need help, Knicks fan bredren - especially the yardies!

I'm trying to find more artists/albums/songs that sound and vibe like Koffee. I have her Rapture EP, the and the new Lockdown single, but nothing beyond that, and I'm looking to create a larger, chill playlist that stays in that style - pop-ish, modern dancehall/reggae. I have four elementary school kids, so I don't want it to ever get too hard, and profanity is a no, though if the patois is thick enough and the average white person can't understand it, I don't give a sh*t. :lol: I've been playing a lot of afrobeats, and love it as a similar type of upbeat vibe, but the dancehall sound that Koffee works fits perfectly for having on around the house with the family.

I'm also willing to curate albums that have some songs that would work and others that I'd take out - I don't need the whole album recommendation to be 100% perfect. I'm just looking to be introduced to more sh*t that sounds like what she brings to the table. Thanks!

Here’s some more

also, i'm assuming you've already heard "drogba" by afro b. not sure how old your kids are, but they'll probably love it.

Man, since I watched this today my blood pressure is the lowest it's been years and I somehow have no desire to punch anyone. This performance - especially "Like" - is like a drug that leaves you happy and calm.

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1789 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Sep 3, 2020 8:19 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

also, i'm assuming you've already heard "drogba" by afro b. not sure how old your kids are, but they'll probably love it.

Man, since I watched this today my blood pressure is the lowest it's been years and I somehow have no desire to punch anyone. This performance - especially "Like" - is like a drug that leaves you happy and calm.

yeah, she's awesome! thanks for putting me on to this performance.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#1790 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Thu Sep 3, 2020 8:36 pm

I'm trying to find more artists/albums/songs that sound and vibe like Koffee. I have her Rapture EP, the and the new Lockdown single, but nothing beyond that, and I'm looking to create a larger, chill playlist that stays in that style - pop-ish, modern dancehall/reggae. I have four elementary school kids, so I don't want it to ever get too hard, and profanity is a no, though if the patois is thick enough and the average white person can't understand it, I don't give a sh*t. :lol: I've been playing a lot of afrobeats, and love it as a similar type of upbeat vibe, but the dancehall sound that Koffee works fits perfectly for having on around the house with the family.

I'm also willing to curate albums that have some songs that would work and others that I'd take out - I don't need the whole album recommendation to be 100% perfect. I'm just looking to be introduced to more sh*t that sounds like what she brings to the table. Thanks!

Chronnix is the man you're looking for, you can play his Chronology album front to back without any worries.

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,096

Post#1791 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Sep 6, 2020 11:44 pm

Smh
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#1792 » by SelbyCobra » Mon Sep 7, 2020 12:37 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

Chronnix is the man you're looking for, you can play his Chronology album front to back without any worries.

Perfect. Added to the playlist.
SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#1793 » by SelbyCobra » Mon Sep 7, 2020 5:29 pm

Holy sh*t.

HOLY SH*T.

This is literally my favorite song of all time and I had no clue. Screamed it wrong every single time. Wooooow!

And of course it was Black Thought was at the end. Of course.

Read on Twitter
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1794 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Sep 7, 2020 6:33 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:Holy sh*t.

HOLY SH*T.

This is literally my favorite song of all time and I had no clue. Screamed it wrong every single time. Wooooow!

And of course it was Black Thought was at the end. Of course.

Read on Twitter

yeah, i peeped that pointed out a while back and had the same reaction as 9th wonder.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#1795 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:56 am

Conway album is flames, he delievered.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1796 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:10 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:Conway album is flames, he delievered.

100%. straight fire.

even the attempts at versatility and pop friendliness work this time. well done.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#1797 » by SelbyCobra » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:42 am

Maaaan, Busta just doesn't stop. This man is like an entire subgenre by himself. What a monster/icon/legend who's still rolling out f*cking HEAT. Still doing top notch visuals in videos, too, with that Spy VS Spy theme in the Paak video. His career has aged as well or better than almost anyone, this is one of the greatest all-around artists of the last quarter century.

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Post#1798 » by j4remi » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:01 pm

https://www.twitch.tv/behindtherhyme

Hip hop political education summit has had a dope mix of artists and academics. Big Daddy Kane has been dropping knowledge, Cornel West is there, Paradise the Architect, Rapsody...and they got a lot of names that are listed to go on throughout the day.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1799 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:45 pm

j4remi wrote:https://www.twitch.tv/behindtherhyme

Hip hop political education summit has had a dope mix of artists and academics. Big Daddy Kane has been dropping knowledge, Cornel West is there, Paradise the Architect, Rapsody...and they got a lot of names that are listed to go on throughout the day.

had no idea about this. very dope. thanks!
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,096

Post#1800 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:43 pm

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it

Return to New York Knicks