Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Re: PG Miami - We have a pulse 

Post#201 » by greekbuck34 » Mon Sep 7, 2020 12:54 am

coolhandluke121 wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:
Giannis is forcing the issue on double teams or gets the ball behind the 3p line in front of a wall of defenders because Bud can't figure a way out of this for two straight seasons. Standing still and watching Giannis against the whole Miamis/Toronto's defense with inconsistent shooters and spacing will never work.

But it works fine when Giannis isn't even playing. If they can execute offense without Giannis playing, why can't they execute it with him playing? Why are the other guys able to execute in this series when Giannis sits? Why couldn't they do that when Giannis is playing? The real answer is that Giannis has been hogging the ball in situations where he has no business having the ball at all. They'd literally be better off with him parking in the corner and drawing a defender than doing what he did in halfcourt possessions in game 3. You're completely delusional if you can't see that.

The main reason Bud is to blame is for not telling Giannis to knock it the **** off.

Because when Giannis sits, Bam and Butler usually sit too along with other Heat starters and the game becomes "somehow" easier.
All of the sudden Lopez is not missing the rebounds from Bam. Butler and Dragic are not bailing them out against great defense and they are not as focused when the MVP sits down.

Tonight they looked checked out after Giannis injury and when they picked it up in the 4th they couldn't make the shots that killed us in the previous 3 games. Dragic, Butler and Crowder missed so many 3s in the 4th and OT.

You are completely delusional if you thing the best way of using the most dominant player inside the paint is parking him at the corner.

Khris had 0 points in the 4th and made some insane shots in the OT with a hand on his face. If you think this is an elite and consistent offense against an elite defense then good luck to you.

As I said before Giannis is forcing the issue because he is literraly being forced to do so by the whole Miami's defense and not because he want's to play hero ball. When he is not forcing the issue he just runs around setting screens for 40y old Korver, Khris and a few others inconsistent shooters. And that's it.

We run nothing else for him other than giving him the ball behind the 3p line. We run nothing for our best player so we just give him the ball with all the eyes on him and a wall of defenders and ask him to score while everybody else stand still watching him. This is happening for two straight seasons.

Some alternatives would be.

1) Get him the ball at the post with competent shooters to space the floor for him, or move and cut aggressively to the basket when the double team persists because all their eyes are on him ready to swarm him when he attempts to go at the rim. It's also requiring some basic passing skills to give him the ball without a turnover on half of our tries.

2) Run PNRs with him. It requires an elite point guard who can shoot pullup open 3s(Like Dragic,Lowry, Van Vleet, Kemba, Smart), has decent vision and passing skills for low and high passes(Like Dragic,Lowry, Van Vleet, Kemba, Smart) and can handle the ball well in pressure(Like Dragic,Lowry, Van Vleet, Kemba, Smart). Not possible. Khris can shoot but lacks the rest. Bledsoe is mediocre at everything. Hill can't do it for more than 3-4 times per game.

3) Giannis becomes an elite shooter and automatically the GOAT so he can solo whole teams alone without any help from coaches or players.

4) Some other way only an elite coach could think up about how to use a monster like Giannis in a an efficient way.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#202 » by Bucksfan28 » Mon Sep 7, 2020 12:55 am

Mids would be pulling an all-nighter at Tootsies Cabaret if they were in Miami. Probably miss the the team flight.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,834

Post#203 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Sep 7, 2020 12:55 am

blazza18 wrote:
Plossum wrote:How anyone can be critical of Khris after this series is beyond me. Guy has done everything we could've asked of him.

Have we not asked Middleton to step up and win games before lol? Considering how high Middleton fans are of him I'm not sure why performances like this one aren't expected more often.

He's probably going to 3rd-team all-NBA so how much are you really implying that people here overrate him compared to objective outside observers? Has anyone called him a first-teamer that I'm not aware? :lol:

There's no "two sides" here. There are several blatant extreme haters, a whole ton of people trying to talk some sense into them, and maybe a few people who overrate him just a little in the sense that they should acknowledge that he probably won't ever have another season shooting the ball quite this well.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
coolhandluke121
RealGM

Post#204 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Sep 7, 2020 12:58 am

greekbuck34 wrote:I REFUSE TO BE REASONABLE ABOUT GIANNIS

Fixed your post. You're welcome.

LMFAO if you think I'm reading a post that long with a bunch of convoluted excuses for everything Giannis has done to hurt the team in this series. :lol:

This is as bad as trying to stay sane reading DavidDunn's explanations of why every single time Khris plays well it doesn't count and every single time he plays poorly it does.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,800

Post#205 » by theFireBlanket » Mon Sep 7, 2020 12:59 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:If Giannis doesn’t play game five and we win...does he play game six?

Apparently he tried to play tonight. They told him no.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,499

Post#206 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Sep 7, 2020 1:00 am

It was refreshing today seeing Bud use Wes in the 4th quarter, Bud finally letting the defense go under screens against Butler, and everyone steering him to his left. Now if Bud would just run a damn side pick and roll, and find someway to control brain dead Bledsoe.
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#207 » by DutchManDanFan » Mon Sep 7, 2020 1:03 am

Cythaps wrote:- Dragic was 5-17 and 1-9 from three without us playing better defense on him.

Crowder and Robinson were both 6-12 from three. Overall Miami had 36.2 3P%. That's what you can expect.
AreBe
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,472

Post#208 » by AreBe » Mon Sep 7, 2020 1:03 am

greekbuck34 wrote:
bucksfansince88 wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:
Imagine how good the other guys could be if Giannis was willing to drag the Heat's two best defenders away from the ball on a regular basis instead of going for his regardless of how many guys are set and how far from the basket he is.

He was really good today when he played though. Saved them when they would have fallen WAY behind early. Just mix that in with what everyone else is capable of contributing and we'd all forget this bubble **** fast.

Miami is not very good. I continue to firmly believe that. Bucks have totally sabotaged themselves in this series.

That’s on Bud not Giannis

Yeah. Our spacing is awful. Giannis gets the ball. The double team is coming.

Hill/Marvin/Wes have their back on him slowly getting to their spot not in a hurry.
Lopez is 10 feet away from the 3p line for no reason and his defender is near the paint.
Bledsoe is ready for a brick and doesn't move and if he gets the ball hesitates or when he sees that his defender is not paying him any attention he also comes inside for no reason clogging the paint even farther for Giannis.
Middleton has a defender all over him far away from Giannis.
Giannis is getting swarmed and half the guys are not at their spot. Somehow with two guys on him nobody is open unless it's Bledsoe or someone else in the far corner. Evevybody is just standing there watching him either force the issue or turn the ball over.

Only Pat and Donte are smart/quick enough to make frequent fast cut and Giannis finds them for easy layups all of the time.

Other than that nobody is moving and it makes the job of the defenders much easier especially when the drill for the same play over and over again throughout a series.

Bud should have had atleast 5 different plays for Giannis to get the ball in the paint or make use of his gravity and instead we have only a couple that we don't even execute properly.

Spot on.
How can you have Giannis and not figure out a way to have an acre of space on the weak side/ Not Giannis side? There needs to be an effective plan B, and that is not missed 3s
Holy Moses! Take a look! Flesh decayed in every nook! Some rare bits of brain lie here, Mortal loads of beef and beer. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_McKittrick_Ros
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#209 » by DavidDunn21 » Mon Sep 7, 2020 1:03 am

coolhandluke121 wrote:

LMFAO if you think I'm reading a post that long with a bunch of convoluted excuses for everything Giannis has done to hurt the team in this series.

This is as bad as trying to stay sane reading DavidDunn's explanations of why every single time Khris plays well it doesn't count and every single time he plays poorly it does.
This game counted.

Do the last 3 games count? Does any game since the 1st half against the Mavs count towards the Middleton assessment? Or does only this game with the season over count for you?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,678

Post#210 » by msiris » Mon Sep 7, 2020 1:03 am

Middleton earned his pay today. I hope he can keep it up. Great game Midds.
Ride the tank
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,800

Post#211 » by theFireBlanket » Mon Sep 7, 2020 1:06 am

Read on Twitter
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,625

Post#212 » by StickeeFingaz » Mon Sep 7, 2020 1:10 am

Glad a lot of you guys are happy in the moment but this win feels pretty empty to me UNLESS they build on it. Otherwise it’s one win down 3-0.
#FreeChuckDiesel
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#213 » by greekbuck34 » Mon Sep 7, 2020 1:13 am

coolhandluke121 wrote:

LMFAO if you think I'm reading a post that long with a bunch of convoluted excuses for everything Giannis has done to hurt the team in this series. :lol:

So you won't read my post on an argument you started aggressively(remember I just agreed with another member here and didn't straight quote you) you claim you are right anyway and I'm wrong, you call me unreasonable in the end and you run out.

I will be as polite as possible in my second language.

You are either a person with a really low IQ or simple a little bitch.

I will just flip a coin and be happy with the result for you and the ban from the mods. : :D

Goodnight.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#214 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Sep 7, 2020 1:14 am

Bud has really finally admitted how bad Robin Lopez is. DJ Wilson was active instead of Robin today.

Also, I thought Donte started to look closer to himself the last game and a half. Hope we can extend our season long enough to get the Donte that was starting to break out right before the covid break. That Donte could carry the 2nd unit.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#215 » by Bucksfan28 » Mon Sep 7, 2020 1:15 am

blazza18 wrote:For anyone giving Middleton a pass for being "fine" in the Miami series, watch Lowry's game today.

He earn a pass yet?
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,441

Post#216 » by blazza18 » Mon Sep 7, 2020 1:22 am

Bucksfan28 wrote:
blazza18 wrote:For anyone giving Middleton a pass for being "fine" in the Miami series, watch Lowry's game today.

He earn a pass yet?

Yes because he won the goddamn game lol. Hows that hard to figure out? There are no excuses. He won the game like he should be expected to.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
coolhandluke121
RealGM

Post#217 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Sep 7, 2020 1:22 am

DavidDunn21 wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:

LMFAO if you think I'm reading a post that long with a bunch of convoluted excuses for everything Giannis has done to hurt the team in this series.

This game counted.

Do the last 3 games count? Does any game since the 1st half against the Mavs count towards the Middleton assessment? Or does only this game with the season over count for you?

Right on cue with another truckload of garbage. Go dump it somewhere else for once.

The last 3 games counted and for the most part he played well. What in the actual hell is wrong with you?
coolhandluke121
RealGM

Post#218 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Sep 7, 2020 1:23 am

DutchManDanFan wrote:
Cythaps wrote:- Dragic was 5-17 and 1-9 from three without us playing better defense on him.

Crowder and Robinson were both 6-12 from three. Overall Miami had 36.2 3P%. That's what you can expect.

Perspective on shooting percentages is really hard to come by for some people.
coolhandluke121
RealGM

Post#219 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Sep 7, 2020 1:30 am

Milwaukee without Giannis and Miami are actually pretty evenly matched. I bet their overall ratings for the season were similar. As long as the Bucks aren't shooting themselves in the foot, they should still have a chance. The Heat have WAY too many weak links on defense to be regarded as anything more than a typical 4/5 seed. Their only hope was going up against a 1 seed too dumb to take advantage on a consistent basis.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#220 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Sep 7, 2020 1:41 am

DutchManDanFan wrote:

Yes, and the Bucks won shooting 31% from 3. The Bucks can still get significantly better.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks