ImageImageImageImageImage

Giannis

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Mav_Carter
Sophomore
And1: 41

Re: Giannis 

Post#301 » by Mav_Carter » Sun Sep 6, 2020 9:40 pm

Giannis is coming back to the Bucks to go for it again...
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#302 » by Commodor » Sun Sep 6, 2020 9:41 pm

clyde21 wrote:
ahmetmekin wrote:I think Luka is too ball dominant for Giannis to shine and also Dallas is not a big market. I don't think he will go there.
Also, Giannis is questionable for the game tomorrow.

Dalla-Fortworth is a bigger media market than the Bay Area, 4th or 5th biggest in country

Dallas and that area is one of the best sports markets in the US. Maybe second only to NY.

Unfortunately for the mavs, 75% of all sporting interest is directed towards the cowboys. The other 25% is baseball basketball and others
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#303 » by Old_Blue » Sun Sep 6, 2020 9:41 pm

I'm starting to wonder how much is too much to pay for Giannis. If the Warriors were to swap picks with the Knicks, they could well end up with another Top 3 protected pick next year. At that point, the Bucks would likely be asking for the #8 pick in this year's draft, TWO Top 3 protected picks in a loaded draft next year and the Warrior's first round pick in 2022 in addition to Wiggins and Paschall. That's a ton to pay for a guy who's only under contract for another year and could conceivably split after a year to join the Heat or the Mavs.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,195

Post#304 » by clyde21 » Sun Sep 6, 2020 9:43 pm

Commodor wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
ahmetmekin wrote:I think Luka is too ball dominant for Giannis to shine and also Dallas is not a big market. I don't think he will go there.
Also, Giannis is questionable for the game tomorrow.

Dalla-Fortworth is a bigger media market than the Bay Area, 4th or 5th biggest in country

Dallas and that area is one of the best sports markets in the US. Maybe second only to NY.

Unfortunately for the mavs, 75% of all sporting interest is directed towards the cowboys. The other 25% is baseball basketball and others

biggest media markets (DMA) circa 2019:

1. New York
2. Los Angeles
3. Chicago
4. Philadelphia
5. Dallas-Ft Worth
6. Washington
7. Houston
8. San Francisco Bay Area
9. Boston
10. Atlanta

i actually didn't realize Houston is now bigger than the Bay Area
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#305 » by HiRez » Sun Sep 6, 2020 10:03 pm

Oh my god, what a horrendous call on Dragic. Looks like the league wants to extend no matter what.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#306 » by Mylie10 » Sun Sep 6, 2020 10:12 pm

This is playing out great. The Bucks are showing they play better without Giannis. Their energy went way up once he went down. So Giannis should leave.

Jk
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#307 » by jason bourne » Sun Sep 6, 2020 10:56 pm

HiRez wrote:Oh my god, what a horrendous call on Dragic. Looks like the league wants to extend no matter what.

Or that no call on Butler and gave the ball to the Bucks. He was robbed. NBA didn't want their DPOY and MVP to be swept. They may give the Bucks another game.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,233

Post#308 » by wco81 » Sun Sep 6, 2020 11:00 pm

I believe Houston is a bigger city than Dallas in terms of population.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#309 » by jason bourne » Sun Sep 6, 2020 11:04 pm

Mylie10 wrote:This is playing out great. The Bucks are showing they play better without Giannis. Their energy went way up once he went down. So Giannis should leave.

Jk

It could be the Ewing Theory. Giannis helps get wins in the regular season, but turns into a Harrison Barnes in the playoffs. The effect is magnified with a hot shooting team like the Heat. We'll never hear the end of this if the Bucks come back to go to a game 7.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#310 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Sep 7, 2020 2:13 am

clyde21 wrote:
Commodor wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

biggest media markets (DMA) circa 2019:

1. New York
2. Los Angeles
3. Chicago
4. Philadelphia
5. Dallas-Ft Worth
6. Washington
7. Houston
8. San Francisco Bay Area
9. Boston
10. Atlanta

i actually didn't realize Houston is now bigger than the Bay Area

At least the Bay Area has now gone from 6 teams down to 5 (not counting lesser pro sports leagues). Houston has 3 and from what I've seen, much like Dallas the attention to the NBA is relatively low.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#311 » by Warriors Analyst » Mon Sep 7, 2020 3:27 pm

jason bourne wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:This is playing out great. The Bucks are showing they play better without Giannis. Their energy went way up once he went down. So Giannis should leave.

Jk

It could be the Ewing Theory. Giannis helps get wins in the regular season, but turns into a Harrison Barnes in the playoffs. The effect is magnified with a hot shooting team like the Heat. We'll never hear the end of this if the Bucks come back to go to a game 7.

It really comes down to Bud not adjusting how he uses Giannis. On the Bucks board, on this board, and even on the general board -- which is a cesspool of morons and reactionary casuals -- people have been asking why Giannis and Middleton play 35 minutes max and why the Bucks don't put the ball in Middleton's hands more often in crunch time and have Giannis be the roll man. Last night Middleton played more than 40 minutes for the first time in god knows how long and he had the ball in his hands at the end of the game. Giannis has played poorly this series, but at a certain point, it's on a coach to figure out how to put his player in the best possible situations.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#312 » by jason bourne » Mon Sep 7, 2020 7:05 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:
jason bourne wrote:

Jk

It really comes down to Bud not adjusting how he uses Giannis. On the Bucks board, on this board, and even on the general board -- which is a cesspool of morons and reactionary casuals -- people have been asking why Giannis and Middleton play 35 minutes max and why the Bucks don't put the ball in Middleton's hands more often in crunch time and have Giannis be the roll man. Last night Middleton played more than 40 minutes for the first time in god knows how long and he had the ball in his hands at the end of the game. Giannis has played poorly this series, but at a certain point, it's on a coach to figure out how to put his player in the best possible situations.

Bud sucks as a playoff coach. He got deepest in the playoffs to reach the ECF vs Nick Nurse and the Raptors last season, but was eliminated. He has usually done well in the regular season and flamed out in the playoffs the last four out of five years with Bucks and Hawks. He should be using both Middleton and Giannis more with Middleton having the ball in his hands instead of Giannis. Giannis would be mainly for defense instead of having the ball in his hands which would be opposite of the regular season. Especially, against the Heat team which can capitalize on the Bucks' weaknesses with their hot outside shooters.

Unfortunately, Giannis' right ankle is hurt and he may not play in a crucial game 5 for the Bucks. The Heat should be able to adjust accordingly and beat the Bucks the next game.

ImageImage
Mav_Carter
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#313 » by Mav_Carter » Mon Sep 7, 2020 9:37 pm

When the Bucks were making the decision to boycott the discussion was led by George Hill and Sterling Brown...Giannis went along with the consensus...I think he's ok going with the flow and staying in Mil for the rest of his career...
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#314 » by Little Digger » Mon Sep 7, 2020 9:51 pm

Nobody in the top 3% stays in Milwaukee
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,690

Post#315 » by WarriorGM » Tue Sep 8, 2020 2:50 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:
jason bourne wrote:

Jk

A smart coach will know that figuring out how to optimally use his players and in what situations is what the regular season is for.
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 259

Post#316 » by ShayDee » Wed Sep 9, 2020 1:21 am

Do not accept supermax and request a trade

Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#317 » by Flash Falcon X » Wed Sep 9, 2020 1:43 am

Giannis, the amazing Greek food in the Bay is calling your name.

Here’s an amazing Greek spot near your future home in Atherton:
https://yelp.to/qTKq/IqGFt0cZC9
#DubNation
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#318 » by Mylie10 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 1:46 am

Let’s Goooo!!!!
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,404

Post#319 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Sep 9, 2020 1:54 am

Just came to me....I think Giannis plays like a bigger version of Westbrook. He's often out of control, can shoot you out of a game if he can't get right at the rim by dominating athletically. Perhaps the most amazing athlete in the NBA ... but when the lane is shut off and he has to make a skilled move....low percentage outcome.

Heck yeah I'd still want him....But man his value dropped a notch based on last year and this year's playoffs.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,564

Post#320 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:26 am

Caveat: I've never thought Giannis to the Warriors was actually gonna happen. But if we're playing that game...

The Bucks now saying if Giannis won't sign the supermax, they won't trade him. That's either good or bad news. If history repeats, it means the Bucks cut off their nose to spite their face and run his value into the ground, eventually having to trade him for less. That's good. Or they could dig in their heels, stick to it, and refuse to trade him. That's bad.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly

Return to Golden State Warriors