ImageImageImage

Injuries: Expired Thread

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

snowman
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 2,506

Re: Injuries: Green (R.Knee); Hayward (R.Ankle); Waters (L.Knee) 

Post#1221 » by snowman » Wed Sep 2, 2020 1:36 am

I think if we offer him an extension in place of his option, it should be something like 3 for 90. However, if you structure it the right way, it could keep us out of the repeater tax a year early. start it at 26 next season, saving us 8 mil off the lux tax, second year at 30, and third year at 34. This way, he still gets his 34 mil salary, just a couple years later, and he gets an additional 2 years for 56 mil.
We would be way over the tax in year 2 and and 3 of the contract, but structured this way may keep us out of the repeater tax a year early. This way would also have Kemba and Hayward s contract ending the same time.
keevsnick1
Veteran
And1: 4,069

Post#1222 » by keevsnick1 » Thu Sep 3, 2020 4:15 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:4 weeks is so optimistic it's insane. Grade 3 sprains in the regular season and you miss like 6-8 weeks if you're lucky. Matt Dellevedova missed 9 weeks with one a couple years ago, Reggie Jackson missed 12 weeks. Lonzo Ball missed the last 35 games (12 weeks) of the season (dunno maybe he could have come back if needed). DeAaron Fox had one this year and only missed 5 weeks. He's prob a freak and 8 years younger than Hayward.

Ya my stance on this is he's out for sure through at least the EC Finals, then MAYBE there's a shot he's back for the FInals which would start about 6 weeks after his injury.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,011

Post#1223 » by ConstableGeneva » Sat Sep 5, 2020 8:51 pm

Read on Twitter
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,209

Post#1224 » by Parliament10 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 9:03 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

What is the sense in that???
Stay home. Stay with the Kids 'til the Baby comes.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,014

Post#1225 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Sun Sep 6, 2020 8:02 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

We might be eliminated before he leaves quarantine lololol. :noway:
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 87,844

Post#1226 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Sep 7, 2020 4:03 am

He's going back to watch us win game 7, it seems. Four days in quarantine once he gets back inside the bubble.
Read on Twitter
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,788

Post#1227 » by 31to6 » Mon Sep 7, 2020 6:43 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:He's going back to watch us win game 7, it seems. Four days in quarantine once he gets back inside the bubble.
Read on Twitter

Is Robin implying that he won’t return for their baby’s birth?
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#1228 » by Parliament10 » Mon Sep 7, 2020 6:50 am

31to6 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:He's going back to watch us win game 7, it seems. Four days in quarantine once he gets back inside the bubble.
Read on Twitter

Is Robin implying that he won’t return for their baby’s birth?

That's a good question. -- IDK why he's coming back now?
It's Sept 7, and she's do in September. Often times, Babies come a couple of weeks Before the Due date.

He's not even ready to play. So, he shouldn't be coming back now.
Stay home, wait for the baby.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,014

Post#1229 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Mon Sep 7, 2020 2:12 pm

Really hope we get to see Gordon again this season.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,276

Post#1230 » by celticfan42487 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 1:48 am

Parliament10 wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

What is the sense in that???
Stay home. Stay with the Kids 'til the Baby comes.

You can't ramp up basketball activities with COVID happening outside of the bubble really.

You have the team doctors and team equipment in ORL.

Even if he's still a month away from coming back, he can only really get to 1 on 1s, then progress to 5 on 5s in ORL.

I'd love to hear an update from the team on an actual timetable personally.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,276

Post#1231 » by celticfan42487 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 1:52 am

keevsnick1 wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:4 weeks is so optimistic it's insane. Grade 3 sprains in the regular season and you miss like 6-8 weeks if you're lucky. Matt Dellevedova missed 9 weeks with one a couple years ago, Reggie Jackson missed 12 weeks. Lonzo Ball missed the last 35 games (12 weeks) of the season (dunno maybe he could have come back if needed). DeAaron Fox had one this year and only missed 5 weeks. He's prob a freak and 8 years younger than Hayward.

Ya my stance on this is he's out for sure through at least the EC Finals, then MAYBE there's a shot he's back for the FInals which would start about 6 weeks after his injury.

****. Thank you for doing the math.

Also what happened to getting 2 days off between playoff games haha.

I guess they did away with that this year due to no travel happening?

But **** we could have snuck at least an extra week in by now if that was still the case it feels like. **** **** **** ****.
31to6
RealGM

Re: Injuries: Green (R.Knee); Hayward (R.Ankle) 

Post#1232 » by 31to6 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 3:18 am

Kudos to Gordon for taking one for the team and I really hope it works out for us basketball wise, but if that were me I’m not leaving Indiana until my son is born.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#1233 » by Parliament10 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 6:32 am

Read on Twitter
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,011

Post#1234 » by ConstableGeneva » Tue Sep 8, 2020 6:40 am

31to6 wrote:Kudos to Gordon for taking one for the team and I really hope it works out for us basketball wise, but if that were me I’m not leaving Indiana until my son is born.

Gordo might have made a deal with Robyn -- "let me return to the team inside the bubble and I will take care of the baby when I get back home, 24/7. No video games until the next season resumes."
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,555

Post#1235 » by Shak_Celts » Tue Sep 8, 2020 7:01 am

ConstableGeneva wrote:
31to6 wrote:Kudos to Gordon for taking one for the team and I really hope it works out for us basketball wise, but if that were me I’m not leaving Indiana until my son is born.

Gordo might have made a deal with Robyn -- "let me return to the team inside the bubble and I will take care of the baby when I get back home, 24/7. No video games until the next season resumes."

i know you can't risk a newborn but man it would be cool if after having the baby they could come into the bubble.
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
BillTheGOAT
Starter
And1: 1,930

Post#1236 » by BillTheGOAT » Tue Sep 8, 2020 1:43 pm

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:Really hope we get to see Gordon again this season.

I hope so too, in a suit and a tie.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 87,844

Post#1237 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Sep 8, 2020 1:58 pm

Hayward returned to the bubble on Sunday after a couple of weeks home in Boston, but he has not been cleared to play and likely won't appear again unless the Celtics advance to the conference finals. Hayward originally planned to leave the bubble for the birth of his son sometime in September, but his wife, Robyn, posted a message on social media suggesting that now that he is back in Orlando, he's there to stay: "Next time we see you you won't be the only boy."

Grade 3 sprains can often linger for months, not weeks, because they frequently entail ligament damage, swelling and mobility issues. In addition, Ainge said, Hayward's ankle sprain also damaged a nerve, leaving him in excruciating pain until it finally calmed down.

"It was pretty tough those first five, six days," Ainge said.

Ainge remains optimistic Hayward will have time to contribute.

Source: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29833245/nba-playoffs-afar-watching-game-5-celtics-gm-danny-ainge
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,951

Post#1238 » by sam_I_am » Tue Sep 8, 2020 2:27 pm

I heard Gordon is already running. He won’t be 100% for awhile but I bet he will be able to play basketball by the 4 week mark. The question is for how long will he be like 2018 Hayward - not explosive, defensively limited. He may be that guy for the remainder of the season. That is still an upgrade off the bench over what we have now.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,790

Post#1239 » by bucknersrevenge » Tue Sep 8, 2020 3:05 pm

Shak_Celts wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:

i know you can't risk a newborn but man it would be cool if after having the baby they could come into the bubble.

Either way, I think it's a pretty classy move by Hayward to come back, get his rehab and just be with this team while they make this run. I had been of the belief that maybe Gordon wasn't as "connected" with the rest of this roster and that winning maybe wasn't as important. But if he's coming back to the bubble and staying through the birth of his child when you couldn't argue with him for staying in Indy, that's huge man. You gotta give him a ton of credit for seeing the opportunity we have and really wanting to put this team and getting back on the floor as a priority. You also have to give credit to Robyn who I think sometimes takes some unnecessary flak from Celtics fans as if she's a Kardashian or something. Like she's ruining Hayward.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
31to6
RealGM

Post#1240 » by 31to6 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 3:21 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Hayward returned to the bubble on Sunday after a couple of weeks home in Boston, but he has not been cleared to play and likely won't appear again unless the Celtics advance to the conference finals. Hayward originally planned to leave the bubble for the birth of his son sometime in September, but his wife, Robyn, posted a message on social media suggesting that now that he is back in Orlando, he's there to stay: "Next time we see you you won't be the only boy."

Grade 3 sprains can often linger for months, not weeks, because they frequently entail ligament damage, swelling and mobility issues. In addition, Ainge said, Hayward's ankle sprain also damaged a nerve, leaving him in excruciating pain until it finally calmed down.

"It was pretty tough those first five, six days," Ainge said.

Ainge remains optimistic Hayward will have time to contribute.

Source: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29833245/nba-playoffs-afar-watching-game-5-celtics-gm-danny-ainge

She could have meant it like “next time we see you you won’t be the only boy because another one will be in the process of being birthed from my womb.”

Return to Boston Celtics