ImageImageImageImageImage

GAME 3 Western semis - 6 p.m. TNT - McNuggets get fried

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 773

Re: GAME 3 Western semis - 6 p.m. TNT - McNuggets get fried 

Post#221 » by donemilio21 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 5:07 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:Btw, hopefully this win does not make this team get over confident.

This was a very evenly contested contest and we were down in the 4th Quarter. We played good D and finished strong to close this out but they did just miss some shots too.

I will be disappointed if this team comes in and lays an egg tomorrow night. The way that game was played, the intensity level (which Lou mentioned post game btw....so it's not just me), and our focus should be at its peak in Game 4.

We are not out of the woods. We aren't even close.

the first win did, and we lost Game 2. Again, I do not believe we can beat Denver in 5 games like some believe because we have this on/off switch and we have that off when we are relaxed.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#222 » by NippySudz » Tue Sep 8, 2020 5:27 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:Btw, hopefully this win does not make this team get over confident.

This was a very evenly contested contest and we were down in the 4th Quarter. We played good D and finished strong to close this out but they did just miss some shots too.

I will be disappointed if this team comes in and lays an egg tomorrow night. The way that game was played, the intensity level (which Lou mentioned post game btw....so it's not just me), and our focus should be at its peak in Game 4.

Winning a title isn't easy. It's hard. I watched the raptors last year. The raptors went down 2-1 to the sixers last year and tied it up 2-2

It's hard to win a championship. As I said you cannot build championship meddle in the regular season. You have to do that in the playoffs. You can only build good habits in the regular season not meddle

If you expect the clippers to go undefeated then I don't know what to tell you. The clippers aren't KD warriors. We're not that good and we haven't had that much time to gel.

They're still learning how to tin at the highest level together. It's a process as Kawhi said.

All that being said I hope they come out with the intensity game 4. I hope they're confident and locked in. Winning the first quarter is very important. I read some crazy stat during the beatles time about if you win the first quarter, the chances of you winning is higher or something like that

It sets the pace for the whole game.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#223 » by NippySudz » Tue Sep 8, 2020 5:31 pm

Give all of Reggie minds to shamet right now lol. We have enough data to see lou-trezz-jackson does not work.

NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#224 » by NippySudz » Tue Sep 8, 2020 5:33 pm

donemilio21 wrote:

the first win did, and we lost Game 2. Again, I do not believe we can beat Denver in 5 games like some believe because we have this on/off switch and we have that off when we are relaxed.
I believe we can but the okays and coaching has to be on point. Can't throw out a bad defensive bench together and expect points not to bleed. Doc needs to do better in that front. He did a good job last night of limiting Reggie's mins to just five. He played jamychal green more. We just need a good defensive rotation out there almost at all times

NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#225 » by NippySudz » Tue Sep 8, 2020 5:43 pm

Read on Twitter

NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 893

Post#226 » by NickP » Tue Sep 8, 2020 5:48 pm

donemilio21 wrote:

Jamaal Murray was visibly angry after the game because he knows they kind of lost it more than we won it. He even said something to that effect.
These nuggets are a dangerous bunch and we need to come out with more intensity and finish this off.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#227 » by NippySudz » Tue Sep 8, 2020 6:21 pm

Read on Twitter

MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,157

Post#228 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Sep 8, 2020 6:21 pm

NippySudz wrote:

Winning a title isn't easy. It's hard. I watched the raptors last year. The raptors went down 2-1 to the sixers last year and tied it up 2-2

It's hard to won a championship. As I said you cannot build championship meddle in the regular season. You have to do that in the playoffs. You can only build good habits in the regular season not meddle

If you expect the clippers to go undefeated then I don't know what to tell you. The clippers aren't KD warriors. We're not that good and we haven't had that much time to gel.

They're still learning how to tin at the highest level together. It's a process as Kawhi said.

All that being said I hope they come out with the intensity game 4. I hope they're confident and locked in. Winning the first quarter is very important. I read some crazy stat during the beatles time about if you win the first quarter, the chances of you winning is higher or something like that

Nobody's expecting to go undefeated. It's the taking a whole quarter off in the playoffs and essentially giving a game away that pissed people off.
SK21209
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,826

Post#229 » by SK21209 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 6:24 pm

NippySudz wrote:
Read on Twitter

I largely agree with this. Before a series starts people will pick the favorite in 5 or 6 games and then be shocked when the favorite loses a game or two. I said we'd beat the Nuggets in 6 before the series started so I wasn't surprised by the Nuggets winning Game 2.
The Warriors point is a valid one too; those teams with KD conditioned us all to think that the champion has to be a close to flawless team, when for most of the history of the NBA that hasn't been true.

However, I don't think this means we overreact as fans when we see this Clippers team playing without focus/intensity/precision for long stretches and voice concern. I can't think of another team in league history that won the championship in its first season together while also treating the season as lackadaisically as the Clippers have.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#230 » by NippySudz » Tue Sep 8, 2020 6:24 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
NippySudz wrote:

It's hard to won a championship. As I said you cannot build championship meddle in the regular season. You have to do that in the playoffs. You can only build good habits in the regular season not meddle

Nobody's expecting to go undefeated. It's the taking a whole quarter off in the playoffs and essentially giving a game away that pissed people off.
Again, winning isn't easy. Even the Lakers got blown out. Bad losses happen. Bad effort happens sometimes. Marathon not a sprint. Don't get to high on wins and too low on losses

NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#231 » by NippySudz » Tue Sep 8, 2020 6:26 pm

SK21209 wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
Read on Twitter

I largely agree with this. Before a series starts people will pick the favorite in 5 or 6 games and then be shocked when the favorite loses a game or two. I said we'd beat the Nuggets in 6 before the series started so I wasn't surprised by the Nuggets winning Game 2.
The Warriors point is a valid one too; those teams with KD conditioned us all to think that the champion has to be a close to flawless team, when for most of the history of the NBA that hasn't been true.

However, I don't think this means we overreact as fans when we see this Clippers team playing without focus/intensity/precision for long stretches and voice concern. I can't think of another team in league history that won the championship in its first season together while also treating the season as lackadaisically as the Clippers have.

Kevin durant warriors. The first year, didn't start off to well. Ended up in the finals and winning it.

Last yr as well getting beat by clippers twice including a 31 or comeback. Made the finals.

We're learning how to win now. Our roster has been fully healthy for like 16 games. Let it play out however it's supposed to play out. Hard to win a chip in the first yr. So enjoy the process. It's possible but it won't be easy.

nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,260

Post#232 » by nickhx2 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 6:30 pm

NippySudz wrote:

it's not metal? the term is meddle?
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,882

Post#233 » by esqtvd » Tue Sep 8, 2020 6:56 pm

nickhx2 wrote:
NippySudz wrote:

Mettle, in this case.

It was a gritty, gutsy, grindy win, just of the sort Kawhi's been talking about all season. The kind that tests and builds your mettle.

met·tle
/ˈmedl/

noun
a person's ability to cope well with difficulties or to face a demanding situation in a spirited and resilient way.
"the team showed their true mettle in the second half"
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#234 » by NippySudz » Tue Sep 8, 2020 6:58 pm

nickhx2 wrote:
NippySudz wrote:

maybe. :lol:
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#235 » by NippySudz » Tue Sep 8, 2020 7:02 pm

I think the clippers need to shorten the rotation and cut out the least defensive rotations.

Zu needs to stay out of foul trouble. He needs to talk to the refs and point out to Jokic trying to be an actor

Get back on transistion. Limit transition points and turnovers. We take care of the basketball, we win the game.

Start off the 1st quarter with intensity and focus.

Kawhi needs to be the best player on the floor. When PG has it going, PG can win us games, but when Kawhi has it going, the games are not even that close. He raises the floor level of this team. 4 turnovers. He has to be better.

I'm happy that the clippers won but I'm not satisfied. If I'm the clippers, I sm more frustrated than happy with this W and look to rectify some issues.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#236 » by NippySudz » Tue Sep 8, 2020 7:02 pm

esqtvd wrote:
nickhx2 wrote:
NippySudz wrote:

Thanks for the correction. I knew I was spelling it wrong. :lol:
Mettle, in this case.

It was a gritty, gutsy, grindy win, just of the sort Kawhi's been talking about all season. The kind that tests and builds your mettle.

met·tle
/ˈmedl/

noun
a person's ability to cope well with difficulties or to face a demanding situation in a spirited and resilient way.
"the team showed their true mettle in the second half"
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,420

Post#237 » by TrueLAfan » Tue Sep 8, 2020 7:06 pm

nickhx2 wrote:

The term is "mettle." Trust me, I'm a Doctor. 8-)

I'll something semi-unpopular here ... Zu was fine last night, but if you're picking up 6 fouls in 21 minutes, your "defensive intensity" starts to cross into self-destruction. Jokic is a flopper (great player, but a flopper), and I'm actually glad PatBev said as much. But Zu has been effective, and nobody who picks up a foul every 3.5 minutes is going to be effective for very long in an NBA game.

Lou has been great. I was getting down on him, and he comes up in the most unusual way--by playing average, ordinary defense. When you can pass and score like Lou, being average and ordinary on the other side means you're extraordinarily valuable.

I'm concerned about Trezz. He's shown flashes of being the player he has been for the past nearly two seasons, but the fact is his production and value is down markedly. He's still good, but we're likely going need him to be Trezz again if we want the chip.

PG was great out of the bubble, then terrible in the first few playoff games--and seems to have hit his stride again. Keep going, and we'll all be believers.

Yeah, the next game is a big one. I *really* want to see us step on a team's neck and crush the life and hope out of them. A big win tomorrow would do that. Any win would be fine; but a strong win would be (a lot) better.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#238 » by NippySudz » Tue Sep 8, 2020 7:24 pm

TrueLAfan wrote:
nickhx2 wrote:

I'll something semi-unpopular here ... Zu was fine last night, but if you're picking up 6 fouls in 21 minutes, your "defensive intensity" starts to cross into self-destruction. Jokic is a flopper (great player, but a flopper), and I'm actually glad PatBev said as much. But Zu has been effective, and nobody who picks up a foul every 3.5 minutes is going to be effective for very long in an NBA game.

Lou has been great. I was getting down on him, and he comes up in the most unusual way--by playing average, ordinary defense. When you can pass and score like Lou, being average and ordinary on the other side means you're extraordinarily valuable.

I'm concerned about Trezz. He's shown flashes of being the player he has been for the past nearly two seasons, but the fact is his production and value is down markedly. He's still good, but we're likely going need him to be Trezz again if we want the chip.

PG was great out of the bubble, then terrible in the first few playoff games--and seems to have hit his stride again. Keep going, and we'll all be believers.

Yeah, the next game is a big one. I *really* want to see us step on a team's neck and crush the life and hope out of them. A big win tomorrow would do that. Any win would be fine; but a strong win would be (a lot) better.

Nothing unpopular about what you said there. I really think zu should start working the refs. Some of the fouls he's picking up makes no sense.

Read on Twitter

I'm starting to see the concern for trezz. I thought it was just reps, but I'm seeing the concern now. It's been said by many during the regular season that his role is going to be shrunk. Many here didn't want to believe it, but playing a 6'7 as your center that can't shoot or really rebound isn't a key to winning the title. Zu has to play more but he fouls more so we rely on trez. I really thought though trez would eat this series since he's agile and faster than jokic, can beat him off the dribble. Also, he is a good post defender on jokic didn't allow anything easy on him.

Yet he's struggling.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,882

Post#239 » by esqtvd » Tue Sep 8, 2020 7:42 pm

NippySudz wrote:
TrueLAfan wrote:
nickhx2 wrote:

Nothing unpopular about what you said there. I really think zu should start working the refs. Some of the fouls he's picking up makes no sense.

Read on Twitter

I'm starting to see the concern for trezz. I thought it was just reps, but I'm seeing the concern now. It's been said by many during the regular season that his role is going to be shrunk. Many here didn't want to believe it, but playing a 6'7 as your center that can't shoot or really rebound isn't a key to winning the title. Zu has to play more but he fouls more so we rely on trez. I really thought though trez would eat this series since he's agile and faster than jokic, can beat him off the dribble. Also, he is a good post defender on jokic didn't allow anything easy on him.

Yet he's struggling.

Trezz is out of playing shape, out of practice with his shot [such as it is], and still not right mentally after his grandmother's death. He knows he's not right, because he's not shooting and when he does, he misses. Doc knows he's not right and it looks like he was prepared to go the last 8:30 with Zu [!] until he drew his 5th and 6th fouls in only 4 minutes.

The only question now is why Noah isn't even dressing. All I can think of is, he's being kept under wraps as our secret weapon. ;-D

Read on Twitter
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 893

Post#240 » by NickP » Tue Sep 8, 2020 8:28 pm

Meanwhile Kawhi's post game comments on the Nuggets
"They know how to make adjustments on the fly. They got a good coach."

Return to Los Angeles Clippers