OTHER:
1%

Total votes: 135

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: RealGM consensus mock - Minnesota 

Post#41 » by Stillwater » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:48 am

was this only going 6 picks? what happened to 7th?
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,577

Post#42 » by MemphisX » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:14 am

There is nothing about Edwards that is similar to Harden. Just because he takes step back jumpers does not make them similar players. In fact, they are really nothing alike. Never watched Edwards and thought Harden like I did watching Luka. Harden is much more than step back jumpshots.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#43 » by Stillwater » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:21 am

MemphisX wrote:There is nothing about Edwards that is similar to Harden. Just because he takes step back jumpers does not make them similar players. In fact, they are really nothing alike. Never watched Edwards and thought Harden like I did watching Luka. Harden is much more than step back jumpshots.

right its not the same style overall bur despite bad shot selection and the ability to power through contact and finish at the rim Edwards has a better handle than he is given credit some think he will be that Harden level iso scorer and maybe he will in time...but its a high bar
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#44 » by Klomp » Tue Sep 1, 2020 12:37 pm

Something to keep in mind about Minnesota winning the draft lottery.....

Remember back in February, before the trade deadline? Talks initially stalled because Minnesota was unwilling to part with their 2020 first round pick unprotected. How would the NBA community be feeling right now had Rosas not held firm to what he was willing to give up?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,534

Post#45 » by Alatan » Wed Sep 2, 2020 4:24 pm

There are 20 people that think Lamelo Ball is a top pick? Hahaha.
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#46 » by urinesane » Tue Sep 8, 2020 1:50 am

Alatan wrote:There are 20 people that think Lamelo Ball is a top pick? Hahaha.

I'm guessing it's people that want the Wolves to blow the pick.

Ball is basically a way worse Rubio and people went crazy about his lack of shooting (even though he was great at most other things).

Take Wiseman and let KAT play PF. You can highlight KAT, D Lo, and Beas on offense and Wiseman will still get plenty of buckets off putbacks, dump offs, alley oops, and FTs without a single play being called for him.
big-shot-ROB
Sixth Man
And1: 1,638

Post#47 » by big-shot-ROB » Tue Sep 8, 2020 9:13 am

Stillwater wrote:
MemphisX wrote:There is nothing about Edwards that is similar to Harden. Just because he takes step back jumpers does not make them similar players. In fact, they are really nothing alike. Never watched Edwards and thought Harden like I did watching Luka. Harden is much more than step back jumpshots.

right its not the same style overall bur despite bad shot selection and the ability to power through contact and finish at the rim Edwards has a better handle than he is given credit some think he will be that Harden level iso scorer and maybe he will in time...but its a high bar

I'd bet my life savings against this happening.
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.
big-shot-ROB
Sixth Man

Post#48 » by big-shot-ROB » Tue Sep 8, 2020 9:15 am

urinesane wrote:

Ball is basically a way worse Rubio and people went crazy about his lack of shooting (even though he was great at most other things).

Take Wiseman and let KAT play PF. You can highlight KAT, D Lo, and Beas on offense and Wiseman will still get plenty of buckets off putbacks, dump offs, alley oops, and FTs without a single play being called for him.

How will you play any kind of reliable defense with Wiseman and KAT together?
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#49 » by Stillwater » Tue Sep 8, 2020 6:50 pm

big-shot-ROB wrote:
Stillwater wrote:

I'd bet my life savings against this happening.

its a high bar like I said, but I'm guessing your life savings is pretty small lol
urinesane
Lead Assistant

Post#50 » by urinesane » Tue Sep 8, 2020 7:03 pm

big-shot-ROB wrote:
urinesane wrote:

Not sure what you mean. What's the issue?
big-shot-ROB
Sixth Man

Post#51 » by big-shot-ROB » Tue Sep 8, 2020 8:01 pm

urinesane wrote:
big-shot-ROB wrote:
urinesane wrote:

mmm it's 2020?

You can barely put one center that can not defend the perimeter. You want two!! :crazy:
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#52 » by doordoor123 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 11:37 pm

I honestly trust LaMelo's upside more than Edwards. I don't think Edwards is going to be an all-star at any point in his career. LaMelo has his great passing that will always be there. I hate the way LaMelo plays and I'm sure he has some mental stuff he needs to work through as he ages. Both players IMO are idiots off the court. They play basketball well and are probably hard workers, but they'll never understand it well enough to be great at it. I also get the Wiseman stuff, how centers aren't a big deal anymore. I just know Wiseman has value and if you take him you can probably trade him in a year or two for something better than all three of these players. This is poison pill draft at the top because there is so much pressure to take one of these players. If I'm 1 overall and I'm set with Karl-Anthony Towns at center I'm not taking any of them. The Warriors are probably fine picking anyone in this draft, but I can't imagine anyone wants a top 3 pick and if a GM does they're pretty likely to get ridiculed for doing so and theyll get fired. Rosas said recently that teams are being shy right now, its probably because no one wants to pick these guys. They also don't want to trade up not to pick these guys and miss out on one of these guys becoming a superstar. It's a really screwed up situation. Reminds me a lot of the 2013 draft in some ways, when the Cavs picked Anthony Bennett. Except at that time there were actually workouts, where Oladipo jumped up and some other guys did too. Missing this workout time gives less of a chance for players to show that they're better prospects than these top 3. If I'm Rosas I go with Killian Hayes.
urinesane
Lead Assistant

Post#53 » by urinesane » Wed Sep 9, 2020 1:55 am

big-shot-ROB wrote:
urinesane wrote:
big-shot-ROB wrote:

mmm it's 2020?

You can barely put one center that can not defend the perimeter. You want two!! :crazy:

KAT and Wiseman have decent length to contest bigs that can spread the floor and will basically get every rebound against small ball teams.

My question is with that lineup, how do other teams defend against the Wolves?

Also, why can't KAT play PF?
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#54 » by doordoor123 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:15 am

urinesane wrote:
big-shot-ROB wrote:
urinesane wrote:

mmm it's 2020?

KAT and Wiseman have decent length to contest bigs that can spread the floor and will basically get every rebound against small ball teams.

My question is with that lineup, how do other teams defend against the Wolves?

Also, why can't KAT play PF?

KAT can't defend a lot of 4s nowadays with everyone going smaller and faster at that position. BUT if Rosas knows anything its that there are always new trends in the league and you could try to copy the small-ball style everyone is doing by getting the right PF for that position or you can try to zag while everyone else is zigging and try to create the next unstoppable trend, two great bigs. Maybe KAT will use the offseason to work on his perimeter defense. Who knows.

But that's not the reason Wiseman is a good choice. Its because even if they draft him a year from now he might get even better compensation back. The Wolves are trying to compete in two or three years, this next year is just getting the right players around Russell and Towns. They can take a year to grow whoever the pick is to prepare for a trade. My other post shows more of what I think they should do instead.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#55 » by Klomp » Wed Sep 9, 2020 12:06 pm

doordoor123 wrote:This is poison pill draft at the top because there is so much pressure to take one of these players. If I'm 1 overall and I'm set with Karl-Anthony Towns at center I'm not taking any of them. The Warriors are probably fine picking anyone in this draft, but I can't imagine anyone wants a top 3 pick and if a GM does they're pretty likely to get ridiculed for doing so and theyll get fired. Rosas said recently that teams are being shy right now, its probably because no one wants to pick these guys. They also don't want to trade up not to pick these guys and miss out on one of these guys becoming a superstar. It's a really screwed up situation. Reminds me a lot of the 2013 draft in some ways, when the Cavs picked Anthony Bennett. Except at that time there were actually workouts, where Oladipo jumped up and some other guys did too. Missing this workout time gives less of a chance for players to show that they're better prospects than these top 3. If I'm Rosas I go with Killian Hayes.

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I don't know if Hayes is the guy I'll ultimately settle on, but I know I'm not super into any of the top three guys.

In some ways, I think this is actually a draft more like 2015 than 2013. There was a pretty solid consensus about the top four guys, but little as to who the best pick would/should be. Most of the rest of the lottery was fairly underwhelming.....though who will be the Devin Booker who goes late lotto but ends up the best player in the draft?

I do think that the top guys all have a solid chance to be good players and maybe even make an all-star game or two. But I bet the top guy in the class doesn't come from that group.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,534

Post#56 » by Alatan » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:12 pm

Klomp wrote:Something to keep in mind about Minnesota winning the draft lottery.....

Remember back in February, before the trade deadline? Talks initially stalled because Minnesota was unwilling to part with their 2020 first round pick unprotected. How would the NBA community be feeling right now had Rosas not held firm to what he was willing to give up?

Id rather give this years 1st pick than a top pick in another draft class.
kobyz
Rookie
And1: 270

Post#57 » by kobyz » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:28 pm

how stupid Minnesota is looking right now with the Covington trade? would have bean perfect complimentary player to the big 3 of Russell, Edwards and KAT, they really **** up in retrospective...
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#58 » by Klomp » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:55 pm

kobyz wrote:how stupid Minnesota is looking right now with the Covington trade? would have bean perfect complimentary player to the big 3 of Russell, Edwards and KAT, they really **** up in retrospective...

I know people are going to hit me with technicalities, but they had to do the Covington trade in order to get extra draft ammo to where they were able/willing to do the Russell trade.

CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,356

Post#59 » by CptCrunch » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:16 pm

I need to change my vote. LaMelo has dropped to like 4-5 for me.

LaMelo reinvented his shot and it is broken.

Read on Twitter
Rookie-Mistake
Rookie
And1: 390

Post#60 » by Rookie-Mistake » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:01 am

The ball not going in the hoop?
CptCrunch wrote:I need to change my vote. LaMelo has dropped to like 4-5 for me.

LaMelo reinvented his shot and it is broken.

Read on Twitter

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using RealGM mobile app

Return to NBA Draft