ImageImageImageImage

The Offseason thread

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,125

Re: The Offseason thread 

Post#161 » by pepe1991 » Mon Sep 7, 2020 7:31 am

Airgordon00 wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y55q4cbh

Massive 4 team trade that makes us immediate championship contenders in the east. Plus gives us flexibility with trades of Gordon or Fournier if he opts in. We would have to include multiple 1st rounders to get it done.

Magic in: Beal and Giannis

Bucks in: Bamba, Ross, Isaac, 15th pick and 2022 unprotected 1st.

Warriors: Vooch and magic 2024 top 5 protected 1st

Wizards: Wiggins, 2nd overall pick, and 3 future 2nd rd picks from the magic

Wizards really hate themselfs in this scenario? :lol:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,714

Post#162 » by MoMM » Mon Sep 7, 2020 6:41 pm

pepe1991 wrote:

Massive 4 team trade that makes us immediate championship contenders in the east. Plus gives us flexibility with trades of Gordon or Fournier if he opts in. We would have to include multiple 1st rounders to get it done.

It seems that Bucks hate themselves too or Giannis really loves the NBA Bubble and Mickey Mouse, however judging by our luck, probably Giannis would be career injured and he would become Grant Hill 2.0.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#163 » by pepe1991 » Mon Sep 7, 2020 7:50 pm

MoMM wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

It seems that Bucks hate themselves too or Giannis really loves the NBA Bubble and Mickey Mouse, however judging by our luck, probably Giannis would be career injured and he would become Grant Hill 2.0.

Imagine if you are Bucks fan and this goes down. Suicide watch.
This is our plan for future

The plan:

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,273

Post#164 » by Bensational » Tue Sep 8, 2020 11:12 am

If we're gonna be mediocre, let's at least be a competitive mediocre team. Trade for Chris Paul.

Fournier + Bamba + Aminu + filler

for

Paul

Sign TLC to the MLE.
Draft Pok

Vuc/Pok
Gordon/Clark
Ennis/Okeke
TLC/Ross
Paul/Fultz

Does nothing for the long term but in the short term we could fight for a top 4 seed in the East. Maybe steal a first round series. Look how much Butler helped bring all of Miami's pieces together. We need that kind of influence. Paul already did it in OKC.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,489

Post#165 » by Skybox » Tue Sep 8, 2020 11:58 am

So...what are the dates?
Opt-in deadline for player or team options
Extension dates (is it different than free agency period, can they happen anytime?)
Draft
Free Agency period begin and end
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#166 » by pepe1991 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 12:20 pm

Bensational wrote:If we're gonna be mediocre, let's at least be a competitive mediocre team. Trade for Chris Paul.

for

Paul

Sign TLC to the MLE.
Draft Pok

Vuc/Pok
Gordon/Clark
Ennis/Okeke
TLC/Ross
Paul/Fultz

Does nothing for the long term but in the short term we could fight for a top 4 seed in the East. Maybe steal a first round series. Look how much Butler helped bring all of Miami's pieces together. We need that kind of influence. Paul already did it in OKC.

Are you ready to pay $44M for 38 yeras old Paul in year where salary will decline?
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,167

Post#167 » by cedric76 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 12:27 pm

Bensational wrote:If we're gonna be mediocre, let's at least be a competitive mediocre team. Trade for Chris Paul.

for

Paul

Sign TLC to the MLE.
Draft Pok

Vuc/Pok
Gordon/Clark
Ennis/Okeke
TLC/Ross
Paul/Fultz

Come on man, this is crazy and SOOOO short sighted
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,650

Post#168 » by j-ragg » Tue Sep 8, 2020 2:28 pm

for

Paul

Sign TLC to the MLE.
Draft Pok

Vuc/Pok
Gordon/Clark
Ennis/Okeke
TLC/Ross
Paul/Fultz

As crazy as it is. If it didn’t cost us Bamba and they threw in a pick id do it.

Obviously it’s shortsighted. But the premise is that WeltHam have already decided to go the shortsighted route, this is at least a decent deviation than re-signing Fournier and DJ and just hoping our guys will start getting better at offense. Paul can at least make people better which is something no one on the roster really does :dontknow:

We’d never do it but I’d talk myself into it pretty quickly lol. Best mentor at the position for Fultz out there too.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,489

Post#169 » by Skybox » Tue Sep 8, 2020 3:02 pm

j-ragg wrote:

for

Paul

Sign TLC to the MLE.
Draft Pok

Vuc/Pok
Gordon/Clark
Ennis/Okeke
TLC/Ross
Paul/Fultz

As crazy as it is. If it didn’t cost us Bamba and they threw in a pick id do it.

Obviously it’s shortsighted. But the premise is that WeltHam have already decided to go the shortsighted route, this is at least a decent deviation than re-signing Fournier and DJ and just hoping our guys will start getting better at offense. Paul can at least make people better which is something no one on the roster really does :dontknow:

We’d never do it but I’d talk myself into it pretty quickly lol. Best mentor at the position for Fultz out there too.

Same...it's not what I want or envision but I could get behind it. CP3 has Butler-type aura. He can move a team and our team is more talented, IMO, than OKC across the board. Having said that, I wonder if CP3 has another "I'll show you" salvage in him...he might be like "BS-move me to a contender"
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,089

Post#170 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue Sep 8, 2020 3:25 pm

Skybox wrote:So...what are the dates?
Opt-in deadline for player or team options
Extension dates (is it different than free agency period, can they happen anytime?)
Draft
Free Agency period begin and end

Opt In I think is October 14th
Draft right now is October 16th
Free Agency starts October 18th
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
jezzerinho
Starter
And1: 1,454

Post#171 » by jezzerinho » Tue Sep 8, 2020 4:10 pm

Just spitballing... With news that Indiana might want to blow things up (swept in P/O, rumours of lockerroom disquiet) and the Knicks needing to kickstart their recovery, would the following trade work for everyone.

Orlando OUT:
Gordon

Orlando IN:
TJ Warren
Frank Ntilikina
R Bullock

Indiana OUT:
Oladipo
Warren

Indiana IN:
Gordon
RJ Barrett

NYK OUT:
Ntilikina
Barrett
Bullock

NYK IN:
Oladipo

Orlando is bringing Chuma in and so decides against another draftee in favour of Warren and Ntilikina. Gordon for poor fit reasons. They get a backup guard who they previously were interested in and finally a scoring SF in Warren. With Fournier opting in for sure, they'll have to address the SG spot next season or seek a S&T for another SG. Bullock is a salary makeweight on an expiring which gives cap in 2021.

Indiana offload an Oladipo who is unhappy and hasn't lived up to his one big year. They lose Warren who may have been part/victim of the lockerroom disquiet. They get in AG to offset the offense Sabonis gives and to let Turner be more offensive-minded. Basically be glue in the frontcourt. Barrett is a nice developmental piece and #15 gives them a chance to land another young guy to help the rebuild.

NYK's haul is harder to justify, esp with Dipo expiring, but I assume he wants to and agrees to extend. But never underestimate the attraction of "star power" to NY. I suspect the FO would be keen but many fans not so much. I wanted to add A. Holiday in the haul from Indiana but couldn't get the salaries to work. Maybe if the 2nd rounders aren't enough, Indiana could offer their 2021 first rounder, protected.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,528

Post#172 » by Furinkazan » Tue Sep 8, 2020 4:45 pm

jezzerinho wrote:Just spitballing... With news that Indiana might want to blow things up (swept in P/O, rumours of lockerroom disquiet) and the Knicks needing to kickstart their recovery, would the following trade work for everyone.

Orlando OUT:
Gordon

Orlando IN:
TJ Warren
Frank Ntilikina
R Bullock

Indiana OUT:
Oladipo
Warren

Indiana IN:
Gordon
RJ Barrett

NYK OUT:
Ntilikina
Barrett
Bullock

NYK IN:
Oladipo

Orlando is bringing Chuma in and so decides against another draftee in favour of Warren and Ntilikina. Gordon for poor fit reasons. They get a backup guard who they previously were interested in and finally a scoring SF in Warren. With Fournier opting in for sure, they'll have to address the SG spot next season or seek a S&T for another SG. Bullock is a salary makeweight on an expiring which gives cap in 2021.

Indiana offload an Oladipo who is unhappy and hasn't lived up to his one big year. They lose Warren who may have been part/victim of the lockerroom disquiet. They get in AG to offset the offense Sabonis gives and to let Turner be more offensive-minded. Basically be glue in the frontcourt. Barrett is a nice developmental piece and #15 gives them a chance to land another young guy to help the rebuild.

NYK's haul is harder to justify, esp with Dipo expiring, but I assume he wants to and agrees to extend. But never underestimate the attraction of "star power" to NY. I suspect the FO would be keen but many fans not so much. I wanted to add A. Holiday in the haul from Indiana but couldn't get the salaries to work. Maybe if the 2nd rounders aren't enough, Indiana could offer their 2021 first rounder, protected.

Yeah I take You are a Knicks fan.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,440

Post#173 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 5:27 pm

Would you guys be interested in a deal moving Gordon for Saric (sign and trade) and the #10?

This deal would not involve our #15

I personally would love a deal like this. We are capped out so being able to sign Saric long term as a decent stopgap stretch 4 would be huge and hopefully be able to nab Aaron Nesmith with the #10

Then use #15 for a backup PG (Hampton, Maledon, Cole, Terry, Lewis)

Fultz/Anthony/MCW?
Fournier(probably moved by deadline)/Ross/Nesmith (to start once Fournier is shipped off)
Ennis(does he opt in to get paid in 2021?)/Okeke/Aminu(resign?)
Saric/Aminu/Clark(resign?)
Vucevic/Birch/Bamba

Young core of Markelle Fultz, Cole Anthony, Aaron Nesmith, Chuma Okeke, Bamba, *Isaac

We may lose a lot of games, but that team would be fun to watch imo.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,089

Post#174 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue Sep 8, 2020 5:35 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:Would you guys be interested in a deal moving Gordon for Saric (sign and trade) and the #10?

I personally would love a deal like this. We are capped out so being able to sign Saric long term as a decent stopgap stretch 4 would be huge and hopefully be able to nab Aaron Nesmith with the #10

Fultz/Anthony/MCW?
Fournier(probably moved by deadline)/Ross/Nesmith (to start once Fournier is shipped off)
Vucevic/Birch/Bamba

Young core of Markelle Fultz, Cole Anthony, Aaron Nesmith, Chuma Okeke, Bamba, *Isaac

I wouldn't be interested in paying Saric anything close to what is needed for an AG trade.

I'd rather see if Minny wants to move Johnson + 17 for AG. Magic get a 1 year rental depth piece at 3/4 and another crack at trying to find a G/wing player to help the depth.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
jezzerinho
Starter
And1: 1,454

Post#175 » by jezzerinho » Tue Sep 8, 2020 6:05 pm

Furinkazan wrote:
jezzerinho wrote:Just spitballing... With news that Indiana might want to blow things up (swept in P/O, rumours of lockerroom disquiet) and the Knicks needing to kickstart their recovery, would the following trade work for everyone.

Orlando OUT:
Gordon

Orlando IN:
TJ Warren
Frank Ntilikina
R Bullock

Indiana OUT:
Oladipo
Warren

Indiana IN:
Gordon
RJ Barrett

NYK OUT:
Ntilikina
Barrett
Bullock

NYK IN:
Oladipo

Yeah I take You are a Knicks fan.

??? Explain?

To me it's a deal that answers a lot of questions for all teams. If anything NY is doing worst out of it..
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,440

Post#176 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 6:49 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
Magic_Johnny12 wrote:Would you guys be interested in a deal moving Gordon for Saric (sign and trade) and the #10?

Fultz/Anthony/MCW?
Vucevic/Birch/Bamba

I wouldn't be interested in paying Saric anything close to what is needed for an AG trade.

I'd rather see if Minny wants to move Johnson + 17 for AG. Magic get a 1 year rental depth piece at 3/4 and another crack at trying to find a G/wing player to help the depth.

Suns have cap space and a deal around the MLE would work.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
Magic#1
General Manager
And1: 1,101

Post#177 » by Magic#1 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 7:36 pm

Fultz/Anthony/MCW?
Vucevic/Birch/Bamba

That's an interesting deal. Saric has always put up decent numbers but has never been a long term fit which is concerning, but he would fit a need next year and could go to the bench easily when JI comes back. I'd still prefer trying to deal AG in a package for a better player, but that deal isn't bad. If there is a player we think could be our future 2-guard at 10, then that deal has some potential. If Okoro slips, I could see us being interested.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,002

Post#178 » by fendilim » Wed Sep 9, 2020 12:00 am

Fultz/Anthony/MCW?
Vucevic/Birch/Bamba

I’d do it in a heartbeat.

Unfortunately, we couldnt even get Oubre for Gordon, What more the 10th pick and Saric.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,273

Post#179 » by Bensational » Wed Sep 9, 2020 12:27 am

pepe1991 wrote:

for

Paul

Sign TLC to the MLE.
Draft Pok

Vuc/Pok
Gordon/Clark
Ennis/Okeke
TLC/Ross
Paul/Fultz

Are you ready to pay $44M for 38 yeras old Paul in year where salary will decline?

I'd make it so we're spending the same money, but on one player rather than 3. Spend a little extra to replace bodies where needed, and use the ones we already have more.

Paul would still be the best player on this team. He'll be 36 in his final year, where he's paid $44M in 21-22. I think he's good enough to still lead a team to a top 4 Eastern Conf seed in 20-21.

Then, if Giannis is considering other teams, we show him a team of:

Vuc
Gordon
Okeke
MLE/Ross
Paul

Plus a couple rookies added to the mix.

We'd be negotiating contracts with Fultz and Isaac as well. Chances are we'd do some kind of sign and trade of Gordon + Ross, possibly Isaac s&t + Ross. If we use the MLE to fill out the backcourt next season they'll probably need to be included. If Okeke or the 2020 rookie look any good they might be included. Definitely not if they're too good.

So we try to sell Giannis on trying to contend with a team of:

Vuc/?
Giannis/
(Gordon/Isaac)/Okeke
?
Paul/Fultz

Paul has a couple good years left in him. Old Kidd and old Terry helped Dirk win a ring. Then Fultz is there being groomed to take over, hopefully developing his edge again being surrounded by competitors.

But I feel that team above needs another wing playmaker to sell Giannis. Another player who can carry the load down the stretch. Paul is your main sell, and maybe Fultz is that other playmaker, playing off guard? It could just be a cheap ring chasing signing, like JJ. Or maybe Okeke/our 2020 rookie comes though and it's one of them?

But who knows, maybe the cap contracts so much over the next two seasons that the $120-40M expense of the roster will be too much?

This is all just another option to consider in terms of paths forward. I'd have thought you'd be all over it, since we'd be adding the biggest upgrade the team has had since Dwight, even if he is in his twilight.
mrtcsm
Rookie
And1: 105

Post#180 » by mrtcsm » Wed Sep 9, 2020 1:10 am

What about if Evan opts out. I can see NYK or DET making an offer better than his PO. Even CHI if they want to improve their backcourt. If GSW is in win now mode and want a proven guy I would like to see a trade of Vuc for Wiggins+Poole and draft swaps. Also move AG to PHO for Oubre and Lecque. I would then draft Edwards and in FA go get Malik Beasley on a 2yr 12M deal and Christian Wood for maybe 3yr 20M (he really performed well at the end of the season).

We would go into next season as:

Fultz/MCW/Lecque
Edwards/Beasley/Ross/Poole
Oubre/Chuma/Ennis
Wiggins/Aminu
Bamba/Wood/Birch

I see a lot of hustle and defense on that team. We could have JI sit out the season, develop Chuma and our pick, and still come out with a decent product on the floor night in and night out. Quite a stretch but....

I was bored :wink:

Return to Orlando Magic