nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,258

Re: GAME 3 Western semis - 6 p.m. TNT - McNuggets get fried 

Post#241 » by nickhx2 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 8:49 pm

TrueLAfan wrote:
nickhx2 wrote:
it's not metal? the term is meddle?

The term is "mettle." Trust me, I'm a Doctor. 8-)

I'll something semi-unpopular here ... Zu was fine last night, but if you're picking up 6 fouls in 21 minutes, your "defensive intensity" starts to cross into self-destruction. Jokic is a flopper (great player, but a flopper), and I'm actually glad PatBev said as much. But Zu has been effective, and nobody who picks up a foul every 3.5 minutes is going to be effective for very long in an NBA game.

Lou has been great. I was getting down on him, and he comes up in the most unusual way--by playing average, ordinary defense. When you can pass and score like Lou, being average and ordinary on the other side means you're extraordinarily valuable.

I'm concerned about Trezz. He's shown flashes of being the player he has been for the past nearly two seasons, but the fact is his production and value is down markedly. He's still good, but we're likely going need him to be Trezz again if we want the chip.

PG was great out of the bubble, then terrible in the first few playoff games--and seems to have hit his stride again. Keep going, and we'll all be believers.

Yeah, the next game is a big one. I *really* want to see us step on a team's neck and crush the life and hope out of them. A big win tomorrow would do that. Any win would be fine; but a strong win would be (a lot) better.

NO I KNEW IT WAS MET

omg i feel so stupid, for forgetting mettle was a word
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#242 » by NippySudz » Tue Sep 8, 2020 9:03 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:
Clemenza wrote:
donemilio21 wrote:
PG was very good tonight. But I'd say we have to wait a few years to determine who won that trade :)

I think we won the trade.. especially if we make the WCF and/or NBA Finals. SGA and Gallo froze up and didn't play well at all in that game 7 and SGA seems to be more about fashion now than improving his game. He needs a much quicker shot release and some weight training if he's going to take that next step. Plus there's rumors that maybe some first round picks will be for sale in this upcoming draft which would be change under the couch for a guy like Ballmer.

My biggest beef with the trade was that Paul came up small in the playoffs. If he's going to perform like this in the playoffs, then there is no doubt, we won that trade.

I want to see PG be professional and reliable. He's not going to be hot like that every game. Will he do the job of being aggressive, getting to the cup, and playing that elite defense (it was elite last night) even when he's not super hot.

So far, he's been a breath of fresh air since disappearing against the Mavs but we are 10 wins away from a ring and I want to see if he is going to stay performing like this to finish this series on forward.

What did SGA do in the playoffs this year? Is SGA ever going to reach PG heights? I doubt it. We're not even coming close to competing for a title with SGA. I don't think his ceiling is that high.

I understand the concerns for pg, but people saying they think they could win with sga, now or moving forward I think were ridiculous emotional hottakes.
LamarWho
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,041

Post#243 » by LamarWho » Tue Sep 8, 2020 10:41 pm

Shai's ceiling is borderline all star. His ceiling is the same height as guys like Tobias Harris, Gallo, but not guys like Donovan Mitchell and Devin Booker.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,638

Post#244 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Sep 8, 2020 11:10 pm

NippySudz wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:Btw, hopefully this win does not make this team get over confident.

This was a very evenly contested contest and we were down in the 4th Quarter. We played good D and finished strong to close this out but they did just miss some shots too.

I will be disappointed if this team comes in and lays an egg tomorrow night. The way that game was played, the intensity level (which Lou mentioned post game btw....so it's not just me), and our focus should be at its peak in Game 4.

We are not out of the woods. We aren't even close.

Winning a title isn't easy. It's hard. I watched the raptors last year. The raptors went down 2-1 to the sixers last year and tied it up 2-2

It's hard to win a championship. As I said you cannot build championship meddle in the regular season. You have to do that in the playoffs. You can only build good habits in the regular season not meddle

If you expect the clippers to go undefeated then I don't know what to tell you. The clippers aren't KD warriors. We're not that good and we haven't had that much time to gel.

They're still learning how to tin at the highest level together. It's a process as Kawhi said.

All that being said I hope they come out with the intensity game 4. I hope they're confident and locked in. Winning the first quarter is very important. I read some crazy stat during the beatles time about if you win the first quarter, the chances of you winning is higher or something like that

It sets the pace for the whole game.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Thanks for the memo and repeating something you've already said before.

You aint my daddy and you aint the Clipper fan police either.
I can hold the Clippers to the standard I hold them to. They are -8.5 damn near in every game we are playing in this series. For comparison, the Lakers are -4 tonight. We are the better team and we need to act like it. The Nuggets are a good team but their A game aint our A game. So, yes, I am holding the Clippers to a standard of basketball that I think they can play.

We are gearing up to play a team (the Lakers) where our A game may lose to their A game on a given night. So, no. I'm gonna hold this team to a high standard. I'm going to demand championship effort every night.

And no, I don't need you to come in after every one of my posts to remind me that winning a championship is hard or that we won't go 16-0 on the way to a title.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#245 » by NippySudz » Wed Sep 9, 2020 12:06 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:Btw, hopefully this win does not make this team get over confident.

This was a very evenly contested contest and we were down in the 4th Quarter. We played good D and finished strong to close this out but they did just miss some shots too.

I will be disappointed if this team comes in and lays an egg tomorrow night. The way that game was played, the intensity level (which Lou mentioned post game btw....so it's not just me), and our focus should be at its peak in Game 4.

We are not out of the woods. We aren't even close.

Winning a title isn't easy. It's hard. I watched the raptors last year. The raptors went down 2-1 to the sixers last year and tied it up 2-2

It's hard to win a championship. As I said you cannot build championship meddle in the regular season. You have to do that in the playoffs. You can only build good habits in the regular season not meddle

If you expect the clippers to go undefeated then I don't know what to tell you. The clippers aren't KD warriors. We're not that good and we haven't had that much time to gel.

They're still learning how to tin at the highest level together. It's a process as Kawhi said.

All that being said I hope they come out with the intensity game 4. I hope they're confident and locked in. Winning the first quarter is very important. I read some crazy stat during the beatles time about if you win the first quarter, the chances of you winning is higher or something like that

I can hold the Clippers to the standard I hold them to. They are -8.5 damn near in every game we are playing in this series. For comparison, the Lakers are -4 tonight. We are the better team and we need to act like it. The Nuggets are a good team but their A game aint our A game. So, yes, I am holding the Clippers to a standard of basketball that I think they can play.

We are gearing up to play a team (the Lakers) where our A game may lose to their A game on a given night. So, no. I'm gonna hold this team to a high standard. I'm going to demand championship effort every night.

And no, I don't need you to come in after every one of my posts to remind me that winning a championship is hard or that we won't go 16-0 on the way to a title.
Feel free to put me on Ignore dude. Or simply just ignore me. If you're going to post bull ish. Dont be mad when someone comments or questions it.

NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#246 » by NippySudz » Wed Sep 9, 2020 12:08 am

LamarWho wrote:Shai's ceiling is borderline all star. His ceiling is the same height as guys like Tobias Harris, Gallo, but not guys like Donovan Mitchell and Devin Booker.
I agree. I don't think his ceiling was ever going to help the clippers compete for a championship no matter what some might think ;)

esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,804

Post#247 » by esqtvd » Wed Sep 9, 2020 12:27 am

NippySudz wrote:
LamarWho wrote:Shai's ceiling is borderline all star. His ceiling is the same height as guys like Tobias Harris, Gallo, but not guys like Donovan Mitchell and Devin Booker.
I agree. I don't think his ceiling was ever going to help the clippers compete for a championship no matter what some might think ;)

I'll cop to misunderestimating Shai when he was here because I didn't see him as a point guard...and still don't. But he's working out fine at the 2: After going for 19 ppg at age 21, his playoff numbers this year--he turned 22 on July 12--were 16.3/5.3/4.1 and he shot 40% from distance.

He'll never be a Mitchell or Booker but that's a starter on a championship team easily. It took Tobias until age 26-27 to get to numbers like that.

In retrospect, getting Butler as a FA would have been the better move over trading the farm for Paul George, but Kawhi wanted PG as his price, so that was that. Onward.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#248 » by NippySudz » Wed Sep 9, 2020 12:28 am

esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:

I'll cop to misunderestimating Shai when he was here because I didn't see him as a point guard...and still don't. But he's working out fine at the 2: After going for 19 ppg at age 21, his playoff numbers this year--he turned 22 on July 12--were 16.3/5.3/4.1 and he shot 40% from distance.

He'll never be a Mitchell or Booker but that's a starter on a championship team easily. It took Tobias until age 26-27 to get to numbers like that.

In retrospect, getting Butler as a FA would have been the better move over trading the farm for Paul George, but Kawhi wanted PG as his price, so that was that. Onward.
Agreed 100%

Hopefully the clips can win the title so we stop all this bickering among fans. Came here to enjoy the journey. That's why I signed up.

NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#249 » by NippySudz » Wed Sep 9, 2020 12:31 am

I think we can all agree the effort needs to be better and that they need to match the intensity for 48mins

esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,804

Post#250 » by esqtvd » Wed Sep 9, 2020 12:31 am

NippySudz wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:I agree. I don't think his ceiling was ever going to help the clippers compete for a championship no matter what some might think ;)

Agreed 100%

Hopefully the clips can win the title so we stop all this bickering among fans. Came here to enjoy the journey. That's why I signed up.

Yah. This is supposed to be fun. ;-D
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#251 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Sep 9, 2020 12:38 am

NippySudz wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:
NippySudz wrote:

Feel free to put me on Ignore dude. Or simply just ignore me. If you're going to post bull ish. Dont be mad when someone comments or questions it.

Wrong.

You echoed my sentiments on their intensity.
Then you put words in my mouth (pretending I said we should go undefeated).

Time to stop policing me.
I will smack you back to reality every time.

I don’t need anyone to hold my hand on the forum.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#252 » by NippySudz » Wed Sep 9, 2020 12:39 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:Thanks for the memo and repeating something you've already said before.

Wrong.

Again feel free to ignore me if you're that emotional when someone checks your bs. I'll continue to comment on anything you say. I'm not being disrespectful when I do make comments so come off that bs.

When you allude to bs like game 2 may cost us the series tied 1-1, I'm going check you. Sorry you don't like it. Not my fault

You can make sly comments about my previous comments a day later but I can't respond? Lol get out of here. I'm having a convo, don't want to have it with me, don't talk to me. I'm not forcing you.

nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,258

Post#253 » by nickhx2 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:55 am

i love shai. but his weaknesses were very obvious against houston. he got pushed around like he didn't belong in the nba and it was kinda sad to watch.

not even sure why there is discussion about sga. the trade happened and it's over and done with. and had he been playing with us right now (gallo included), this team would be doing OK, but its success would rely entirely on the shoulders of kawhi.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#254 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:05 am

NippySudz wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:
NippySudz wrote:Feel free to put me on Ignore dude. Or simply just ignore me. If you're going to post bull ish. Dont be mad when someone comments or questions it.

Wrong.

Again feel free to ignore me if you're that emotional when someone checks your bs. I'll continue to comment on anything you say. I'm not being disrespectful when I do make comments so come off that bs.

When you allude to bs like game 2 may cost us the series tied 1-1, I'm going check you. Sorry you don't like it. Not my fault

You can make sly comments about my previous comments a day later but I can't respond? Lol get out of here. I'm having a convo, don't want to have it with me, don't talk to me. I'm not forcing you.

Ahhhh....still putting words into people's mouths. I "alluded to" something. Nice way of saying you can't quote me saying it.

And nothnx.
I'll just keep smacking you on the back of your head until you get it.

Carry me with some respect around here and I'll do the same. If not, we can keep it at this level the rest of the playoffs and into next season and so on.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#255 » by NippySudz » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:55 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:Wrong.

Ahhhh....still putting words into people's mouths. I "alluded to" something. Nice way of saying you can't quote me saying it.

And nothnx.
I'll just keep smacking you on the back of your head until you get it.

Carry me with some respect around here and I'll do the same. If not, we can keep it at this level the rest of the playoffs and into next season and so on.

Edit: Fair enough, you didn't said that about Game 2. I'll admit I was wrong on that. You said after the loss, the team has to show consistent and dominating championship effort by winning the next three. The other points still stand.

Its easy talking tough on the internet dude. Feel free to ignore me. I never treated with you any disrespect. You're the one that threw shade at me and I came at you with a discussion. Now you got your panties in a bunch. Don't be upset. I'll reiterate it for a third time since you hate it. Winning isn't easy. WINNING ISN'T EASY.

If you want to continue with it, fine by me. I'm hoping the clippers will advance to the WCF and eventually the finals so we won't have to. :lol:

Go clippers :D
NickP
Rookie
And1: 864

Post#256 » by NickP » Wed Sep 9, 2020 4:16 am

We all come on boards like these not to post or act in isolation but to create conversation. There's always going to be counter points and counter arguments. We're all Clippers fans first and foremost. We may not see eye to eye but we want this team to get that chip badly and at any cost.
I've been a member of most Clippers' boards and stopped posting almost 2 years for reasons going on here ATM.
Some fans are way cooler in wins and defeats and some are the opposite. But when you come and message on any board, expect a counter. Or else open a notepad and type your thoughts out.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#257 » by NippySudz » Wed Sep 9, 2020 4:23 am

NickP wrote:We all come on boards like these not to post or act in isolation but to create conversation. There's always going to be counter points and counter arguments. We're all Clippers fans first and foremost. We may not see eye to eye but we want this team to get that chip badly and at any cost.
I've been a member of most Clippers' boards and stopped posting almost 2 years for reasons going on here ATM.
Some fans are way cooler in wins and defeats and some are the opposite. But when you come and message on any board, expect a counter. Or else open a notepad and type your thoughts out.

All I did was reiterate a point, he got upset and said I was policing him and saying I accused him of thinking we would go undefeated. I only said if he thinks that, I don't know what to tell him. He got emotional, end of. I made an alluded to a comment he made earlier in the thread about me saying the game 2 loss was part of the process, he got upset there too. He's a passionate clipper fan, so I don't take it personally, but this whole acting tough online is really just silly. If you don't want to address my points civilly, feel free to ignore me. All this talk about smacking people[although figuratively hyperbolic] and all that stuff over a disagreement just comes off pretty lame.

I'm merely offering optimism to the board. If he doesn't like it, That's ok. He's entitled to that. Its what you said, its part of being on the board. No need to get emotional over a discussion. :lol:

I came here to talk clippers basketball and enjoy the journey. Not trash talk.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#258 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Sep 9, 2020 5:42 am

NippySudz wrote:
NickP wrote:We all come on boards like these not to post or act in isolation but to create conversation. There's always going to be counter points and counter arguments. We're all Clippers fans first and foremost. We may not see eye to eye but we want this team to get that chip badly and at any cost.

All I did was reiterate a point, he got upset and said I was policing him and saying I accused him of thinking we would go undefeated. I only said if he thinks that, I don't know what to tell him. He got emotional, end of. I made an alluded to a comment he made earlier in the thread about me saying the game 2 loss was part of the process, he got upset there too. He's a passionate clipper fan, so I don't take it personally, but this whole acting tough online is really just silly. If you don't want to address my points civilly, feel free to ignore me. All this talk about smacking people[although figuratively hyperbolic] and all that stuff over a disagreement just comes off pretty lame.

I'm merely offering optimism to the board. If he doesn't like it, That's ok. He's entitled to that. Its what you said, its part of being on the board. No need to get emotional over a discussion. :lol:

Let's get something clear.

I made a stink about the Clipper's effort in Game 2 in the Game 2 thread. You said you didn't see it that way.
Any problem? None. Zero.

In the Game 3 thread, I made a comment about the Clippers being down 10 and how we need to be present in this game. Make this the most important game not the next game.
AGAIN...you quote me and mock me when we cut the lead....as if i'm not pulling for the team.
I responded.
Any problem? None. Zero.

Then, after the Game 3 win, in a celebratory post, I said I want to see the same effort level in Game 4 and we are not out of the woods.
You quote me AGAIN. Oddly enough, you agree with my comments on effort but you quoted me any way just to try to lecture me about needing to be as positive as you....and then try to infantilize me to teach me some lesson about how we aren't going 16-0 on the way to a ring.

I don't need you to hold my hand.
If you have a disagreement with me, make sure it is an honest disagreement...a legitimate one. Don't just nitpick and fly speck my posts just to do so.

No. I'm not blocking you. I will continue to smack you on the back of your head until you stop. It's not tough talk.
End the behavior so we can enjoy our time on the forum.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#259 » by NippySudz » Wed Sep 9, 2020 5:44 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
NippySudz wrote:

I'm merely offering optimism to the board. If he doesn't like it, That's ok. He's entitled to that. Its what you said, its part of being on the board. No need to get emotional over a discussion.

I made a stink about the Clipper's effort in Game 2 in the Game 2 thread. You said you didn't see it that way.
Any problem? None. Zero.

In the Game 3 thread, I made a comment about the Clippers being down 10 and how we need to be present in this game. Make this the most important game not the next game.
AGAIN...you quote me and mock me when we cut the lead....as if i'm not pulling for the team.
I responded.
Any problem? None. Zero.

Then, after the Game 3 win, in a celebratory post, I said I want to see the same effort level in Game 4 and we are not out of the woods.
You quote me AGAIN. Oddly enough, you agree with my comments on effort but you quoted me any way just to try to lecture me about needing to be as positive as you....and then try to infantilize me to teach me some lesson about how we aren't going 16-0 on the way to a ring.

If you have a disagreement with me, make sure it is an honest disagreement...a legitimate one. Don't just nitpick and fly speck my posts just to do so.

No. I'm not blocking you. I will continue to smack you on the back of your head until you stop. It's not tough talk.

Mate, just cut it out. Seriously. If you can bring up my comments up a day later and mock me down 10 then I can bring up my comments and talk positively about things.

Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#260 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Sep 9, 2020 5:45 am

NippySudz wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:
NippySudz wrote:All I did was reiterate a point, he got upset and said I was policing him and saying I accused him of thinking we would go undefeated. I only said if he thinks that, I don't know what to tell him. He got emotional, end of. I made an alluded to a comment he made earlier in the thread about me saying the game 2 loss was part of the process, he got upset there too. He's a passionate clipper fan, so I don't take it personally, but this whole acting tough online is really just silly. If you don't want to address my points civilly, feel free to ignore me. All this talk about smacking people[although figuratively hyperbolic] and all that stuff over a disagreement just comes off pretty lame.

I'm merely offering optimism to the board. If he doesn't like it, That's ok. He's entitled to that. Its what you said, its part of being on the board. No need to get emotional over a discussion.

Any problem? None. Zero.

I responded.
Any problem? None. Zero.

Mate, just cut it out. Seriously.

When you agree to.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers