ImageImage

PG - Bucks Come Up Short in Game 5

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

James1980
Veteran
And1: 380

Re: PG - Bucks Come Up Short in Game 5 

Post#181 » by James1980 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:23 am

Lasry wouldn't pay Brogdon $21.5 mil a year, he's not paying CP3 $45 mil a year.
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,997

Post#182 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:24 am

Pachinko_ wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wtf is wrong with those people

his son has no chance at the movies and ive heard the jazz cIubs suck
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#183 » by greekbuck34 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:28 am

skones wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:
skones wrote:Giannis needs to learn to play off ball as he did when he was younger, ESPECIALLY when teams defend us with "the wall." Coaches need to be creative enough to counter it. You don't answer it with, "Just put your head down brah."

Playing Giannis(the most dominant player in the NBA) off ball, as a screener and what not, without a player able to use him as a roll man you basically admit defeat and hand someone a series with an even worse way than our usual.

You're not playing him in that role all game long. You're giving the defense different looks on a consistent basis, not the same one they're prepared for over and over and over again. The problem is that when Giannis was off ball, he was absolutely clueless and he doesn't have the jumper to make anyone pay. If he doesn't have the jumper to make them pay, you scheme to make him useful, ie. a pindown to free him at the free throw line and let him pass over the defense to cutters.

As you ve seen the last two games our best offense even without Giannis is Middleton dribbing by himself to a contested shot or a turnover. He doesn't even asks for screens anymore. Either he gets hot or not. That's it. Even the times we manage to move the ball well, half the passes are near turnovers.

Our best best bet is to make Giannis life easier. 4 good and willing shooters at all times to create space for him and make the wall defense pay half the time. A good PNR point guard to use him off the ball after his screens.

That's it. We have time to play offense without him when he rests.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,696

Post#184 » by Pachinko_ » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:29 am

ackypoo wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:
ackypoo wrote:lebron didnt develop a post game until about this time in his career.

I know, I know.
Not what I asked though.

any of the following:
get better shooters
get a better coach
trade him

im not sure how easy any of those options are.

No... not easy at all. And my gut feel is someone is making that decision as we speak.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,160

Post#185 » by skones » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:33 am

greekbuck34 wrote:
skones wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:
Playing Giannis(the most dominant player in the NBA) off ball, as a screener and what not, without a player able to use him as a roll man you basically admit defeat and hand someone a series with an even worse way than our usual.

You're not playing him in that role all game long. You're giving the defense different looks on a consistent basis, not the same one they're prepared for over and over and over again. The problem is that when Giannis was off ball, he was absolutely clueless and he doesn't have the jumper to make anyone pay. If he doesn't have the jumper to make them pay, you scheme to make him useful, ie. a pindown to free him at the free throw line and let him pass over the defense to cutters.

As you ve seen the last two games our best offense even without Giannis is Middleton dribbing by himself to a contested shot or a turnover. He doesn't even asks for screens anymore. Either he gets hot or not. That's it. Even the times we manage to move the ball well, half the passes are near turnovers.

Our best best bet is to make Giannis life easier. 4 good and willing shooters at all times to create space for him and make the wall defense pay half the time. A good PNR point guard to use him off the ball after his screens.

That's it. We have time to play offense without him when he rests.

THIS is exactly what my gripe is and what I've been harping on. I legitimately explained a different look in the post you quoted. This is coaching.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,696

Post#186 » by Pachinko_ » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:33 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wtf is wrong with those people

his son has no chance at the movies and ive heard the jazz cIubs suck

I mean I've said before I realise I haven't lived there and I really shouldn't have an opinion, but I thought the whole point of the movement is to make things better. How does a tweet like that help anything I have no idea. Obviously hundreds of thousands are raising families and if there is a problem we must fix it, not tell people to bolt because it's hopeless, or whatever it says.
Antinomy
Head Coach
And1: 7,617

Post#187 » by Antinomy » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:33 am

Chris Paul is the final piece. We waste faaaar too many possessions & need a proper game manager.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,069

Post#188 » by MissKhriddleton » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:34 am

DingleJerry wrote:Also, Midds generally showed up in all 5 games. Shot didn't hit tonight as the focal point of the D and being dogged by some good guys. But the effort, energy, attitude were all there. Did all he could in a tough spot, he's just not thaaaat good on that top tier. Please next year when he has one or two bad game can we not have to hear about how he's garbage in the playoffs, mentally weak and scared.

The man who is set to make on average $36.7 million over the next 4 years is being praised for "generally showing up." Speaks for itself.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,997

Post#189 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:35 am

we need to stop iniatiating offense in the pIayoffs with running backs. bIedsoe... giannis.... same difference. put a heImet on them neither are shot makers..... one just dunks more. same probIem with both. Iets start with that as the premise for whats wrong with this team. its IiteraIIy that easy. Piayoffs are about moving the baII and shot making. we pIay Iike the riggins redskins. were the hogs. i mean in the reg season sure but in the pkayoffs you cant have your main baII handIers both being brick Iayers if they arent at the rim and spending aII their time dribbIing to get there
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#190 » by Bucksfan28 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:36 am

Hopefully third time is the charm and next year we're the team that has a trash role player start flamethrowing from 3.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
BenoUdrihFTL
RealGM
And1: 23,487

Post#191 » by BenoUdrihFTL » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:36 am

FrieAaron wrote:
BenoUdrihFTL wrote:Observation from a Heat fan: you guys have an excellent roster around Giannis. I'm actually starting to believe that Giannis' teammates/coach/system actually elevate him rather than it being entirely the other way around. You guys are in a good position in that your team can very easily improve from within, i.e. Giannis evolving his offensive game, perhaps Bud being a bit more flexible with his system

And Middleton is a straight killer. The best player by far last two games

Problem is they can't shoot when it matters.

Tbf though I think they might've gassed out late. That intensity they came out with was insane, I even remarked on the Heat board when we were down big that our best chance for the game was to use our depth and try to run more in the hopes of gassing MIL out
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,101

Post#192 » by FrieAaron » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:38 am

BenoUdrihFTL wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:
BenoUdrihFTL wrote:Observation from a Heat fan: you guys have an excellent roster around Giannis. I'm actually starting to believe that Giannis' teammates/coach/system actually elevate him rather than it being entirely the other way around. You guys are in a good position in that your team can very easily improve from within, i.e. Giannis evolving his offensive game, perhaps Bud being a bit more flexible with his system

And Middleton is a straight killer. The best player by far last two games

Problem is they can't shoot when it matters.

Tbf though I think they might've gassed out late. That intensity they came out with was insane, I even remarked on the Heat board when we were down big that our best chance for the game was to use our depth and try to run more in the hopes of gassing MIL out

For a single game you're right that it's hard to look too much into it, but it happened routinely down the stretch in games against Toronto last year too. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong here but I think the four games in a row we lost that series we took a second half lead into each one.
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#193 » by DavidDunn21 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:41 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:as contructed this team wins 50 without giannis. anybody taIking about a rebuiId needs to start with that premise
No, without Giannis this team as currently constructed would be like the Kidd teams that beat contenders and lost to the dregs consistently. We don't execute precision offense in the last 5:00 well enough to be anything but a 38-42 win team

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app
awd4cy
Analyst
And1: 1,882

Post#194 » by awd4cy » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:43 am

I don’t buy the things would have ended different if not for the pandemic narrative. I really think we still would have lost this series. Maybe not starting 0-3, but we would have lost.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,260

Post#195 » by FlagsFlyForever » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:46 am

DingleJerry wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

I mean he might be gone. but 'family raising' I'm not sure I see the logic. Places like MIA/LA are beacons of family or something?

We have a reputation of being very racist so I can understand why Nick Young thinks Wisconsin is not a good place to raise a black child.
Read on Twitter
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#196 » by Bucksfan28 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:46 am

DavidDunn21 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:as contructed this team wins 50 without giannis. anybody taIking about a rebuiId needs to start with that premise
No, without Giannis this team as currently constructed would be like the Kidd teams that beat contenders and lost to the dregs consistently. We don't execute precision offense in the last 5:00 well enough to be anything but a 38-42 win team

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app

They were like 5-0 w/o Giannis vs the "dregs" this year. Bud prevents that from happening at least, regardless of how you feel about his playoff coaching.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,275

Post#197 » by KidA24 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:47 am

DingleJerry wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

I mean he might be gone. but 'family raising' I'm not sure I see the logic. Places like MIA/LA are beacons of family or something?

This coming from noted family man Nick Young, who cheated on his fiance then told his teammates about it.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,924

Post#198 » by stellation » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:52 am

This is all both very Bucks and very 2020.
#FreeChuckDiesel
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,645

Post#199 » by StickeeFingaz » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:52 am

I think the hardest part for me was so badly hoping the NBA would come back and then the league develops this amazing operation, only for the Bucks to play completely uninspiring and lazy basketball for essentially the entire time in the bubble. Looking back on it, I think I really only enjoyed watching the first game against Boston and didn't enjoy watching this team for the remainder of their time in the bubble.

What a kick in the nuts.
#FreeChuckDiesel
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#200 » by msiris » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:53 am

MissKhriddleton wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:Also, Midds generally showed up in all 5 games. Shot didn't hit tonight as the focal point of the D and being dogged by some good guys. But the effort, energy, attitude were all there. Did all he could in a tough spot, he's just not thaaaat good on that top tier. Please next year when he has one or two bad game can we not have to hear about how he's garbage in the playoffs, mentally weak and scared.

The man who is set to make on average $36.7 million over the next 4 years is being praised for "generally showing up." Speaks for itself.
Midds is a nice player but not at 36 million per year. We all knew that. Maybe Chris Paul is what we need. For now coaching is the next step since our salary cap is kind of locked up.
Ride the tank

Return to Milwaukee Bucks