ImageImageImageImageImage

Giannis

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Re: Giannis 

Post#321 » by Coxy » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:03 am

Bucks - Giannis, we'd like to offer you a supermax extention.
Giannis - No thanks, I'd like to either test my free agency market at the end of my contract, or I can give you a list of teams to trade me to.
Bucks - We're not going to trade you.
Giannis - OK thanks, I'll be testing free agency.
Bucks - But, you'll stay right?
Giannis - Probably not, I want to go to a bigger market and win titles.
Bucks - But, supermax?
Giannis - Again, no thanks.
Bucks - Ahhh, you'll stay.
Giannis - No, I won't.
Bucks - Yes you will haha mad lolz go Bucks!
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#322 » by Flash Falcon X » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:23 am

Geez, imagine if Giannis declines the supermax and Bucks decide to keep him and they end up losing the same way (or worse) in 2021—in the first or second round. :lol: There’s a possibility that happens since the young Eastern Conference teams will only get better, and Brooklyn getting KD back.

Then what happens if GSW somehow wins the championship in 2021 with the Splash Brothers back and an improved bench from this offseason. Does Giannis want to sign with a team that just won a ring without him?
#DubNation
Mav_Carter
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#323 » by Mav_Carter » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:44 am

Giannis staying in Mil just as I predicted...
Read on Twitter
?s=20
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Post#324 » by ShayDee » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:56 am

Just like every one predicted. Except for Maestro and his sources
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#325 » by Coxy » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:57 am

ShayDee wrote:Just like every one predicted. Except for Maestro and his sources

:lol:
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,202

Post#326 » by wco81 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 4:47 am

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:Caveat: I've never thought Giannis to the Warriors was actually gonna happen. But if we're playing that game...

The Bucks now saying if Giannis won't sign the supermax, they won't trade him. That's either good or bad news. If history repeats, it means the Bucks cut off their nose to spite their face and run his value into the ground, eventually having to trade him for less. That's good. Or they could dig in their heels, stick to it, and refuse to trade him. That's bad.

And Giannis says he won't demand a trade.

So if Giannis won't demand a trade, Bucks didn't need to be "adamant" that they won't trade him.

But around the trade deadline, they're going to have second thoughts about letting him walk and getting nothing back.

That means the player the Warriors draft has to be someone the Bucks would want.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,202

Post#327 » by wco81 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 4:58 am

I just browsed the Bucks boards.

They think the bubble messed them up. They just need new coach and/or get CP3 or Conley for nothing and then run it back.

That may be what the team braintrust is thinking, that we set the record for net rating during the regular season.

Coach Bud has had some great 60-win teams several times. But every time in the playoffs, they underachieve.

What they're not willing to admit is that the Bucks, despite the greater regular seasons, may have already hit their ceiling with that cast.

They also believe they're a 50-win team without Giannis.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#328 » by Kuya » Wed Sep 9, 2020 5:03 am

Mav_Carter wrote:Giannis staying in Mil just as I predicted...
Read on Twitter
?s=20

KD,PG13 and Kyrie did the same exact thing.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,835

Post#329 » by whatisacenter » Wed Sep 9, 2020 5:39 am

Kuya wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

We will find out soon enough what Giannis will do. KD didn't actually request a trade and left for nothing as a free agent. Giannis might want to give the Bucks another year and then choose where he goes as a FA after that or resign for a super max.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 457

Post#330 » by Swift21 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 5:41 am

The Maestro wrote:
Swift21 wrote:
jason bourne wrote:
What other big man do you envision? People toss out names like Mitchell Robinson, but the Knicks won't put him up for #2 + a pick swap. They may do it for #2 + filler.

Then, we have this Giannis guy we want in case he wants to leave the Bucks. All he has to say is I won't re-sign because the Bucks can't win sometime after the playoffs are over. If the Ws have someone who can play defense, block shots, shoot the 3-ball, and rebound like a young Draymond Green as a stretch 4, then Giannis would have to be interested. The paint won't be that crowded for him to do his thang. Dray can slide over to the 5 until Giannis comes in. His career will be extended. Deni is the guy I envisioned to come in and spark the Warriors and what he has shown in the pros and FIBA show he could be a keeper with the #2 pick!!! Now, I'm getting excited :D .

Don't get too excited. We need a S&T to get Giannis and this pick would more than likely be used entice the Bucks.

They don’t need to do a sign and trade for Giannis

Yes they do.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/259503/Bucks-Adamant-They-Wont-Trade-Giannis-Antetokounmpo-If-He-Rejects-Supermax
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#331 » by Kuya » Wed Sep 9, 2020 6:10 am

whatisacenter wrote:
Kuya wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

We will find out soon enough what Giannis will do. KD didn't actually request a trade and left for nothing as a free agent. Giannis might want to give the Bucks another year and then choose where he goes as a FA after that or resign for a super max.

True, KD didn't request a trade, but he was pretty adamant after OKC got eliminated that he was staying in OKC no matter what.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#332 » by xdrta+ » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:07 pm

Swift21 wrote:
The Maestro wrote:
Swift21 wrote:
Don't get too excited. We need a S&T to get Giannis and this pick would more than likely be used entice the Bucks.

Yes they do.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/259503/Bucks-Adamant-They-Wont-Trade-Giannis-Antetokounmpo-If-He-Rejects-Supermax

What does that article have to do with a sign-and-trade? Both teams and the player have to agree to a sign-and-trade, that article says the Bucks won't trade him.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#333 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:50 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
Swift21 wrote:
The Maestro wrote:

Yes they do.

What does that article have to do with a sign-and-trade? Both teams and the player have to agree to a sign-and-trade, that article says the Bucks won't trade him.

And what a team says does not mean that that is what they will do.
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#334 » by xdrta+ » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:59 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

The article didn't relate to a sign and trade. There's also the fact that the Warriors won't be in a position to do any sign and trade for several years.
ClutchUp
Junior
And1: 121

Post#335 » by ClutchUp » Wed Sep 9, 2020 5:43 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

The article didn't relate to a sign and trade. There's also the fact that the Warriors won't be in a position to do any sign and trade for several years.

I'm no cap guru but if the Bucks aren't willing to trade him and without any cap space to sign him outright. I'm not sure what other option is left.
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#336 » by xdrta+ » Wed Sep 9, 2020 6:07 pm

ClutchUp wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

I'm no cap guru but if the Bucks aren't willing to trade him and without any cap space to sign him outright. I'm not sure what other option is left.

There are no options. Time to move on from dreaming of Giannis.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#337 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:08 am

xdrta+ wrote:
ClutchUp wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

There are no options. Time to move on from dreaming of Giannis.

To be honest...I'd kind ready to move the F on from the Giannis is the magic solution thing.

Now...Embiid! lol Kidding!
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Mambomuziki
Freshman
And1: 19

Post#338 » by Mambomuziki » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:25 pm

How about Middleton? Atleast we can give Bucks some draft assets 2 FRP except T"Wolves 21 pick which they can use to get CP3, or Jrue.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using RealGM mobile app
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Post#339 » by ShayDee » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:54 pm

Mambomuziki wrote:How about Middleton? Atleast we can give Bucks some draft assets 2 FRP except T"Wolves 21 pick which they can use to get CP3, or Jrue.

Bucks are trying to win they are not taking Wiggins

Warriors fans are missing the picture. The league views Wiggins as extremely negative. It will take at least 3 picks to get rid of him if we aren't taking an equally bad contract back. No single team in this league will take his contract, especially if they are trying to win and compete in the playoffs. We should stop dreaming as if we can just dump him. It's probably this thought process of Bob Myers that put us in this situation, thinking he can just dump Wiggins later. That's not how it works.

No team is going to help us. No team is going to take Wiggins contract and give us better pieces unless he proves he is an Allstar/AllNBA player. Our only chance to upgrade our roster is to Send Klay Thompson or Draymond Green out. We are going to ride with Wiggins next season. Fans as well as the Front Office will have to live with it. We should try and up Wiggins value while we are at it
TinoDubs
Junior
And1: 45

Post#340 » by TinoDubs » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:56 pm

ShayDee wrote:
Mambomuziki wrote:How about Middleton? Atleast we can give Bucks some draft assets 2 FRP except T"Wolves 21 pick which they can use to get CP3, or Jrue.

Bucks are trying to win they are not taking Wiggins

Warriors fans are missing the picture. The league views Wiggins as extremely negative. It will take at least 3 picks to get rid of him if we aren't taking an equally bad contract back. No single team in this league will take his contract, especially if they are trying to win and compete in the playoffs. We should stop dreaming as if we can just dump him. It's probably this thought process of Bob Myers that put us in this situation, thinking he can just dump Wiggins later. That's not how it works.

No team is going to help us. No team is going to take Wiggins contract and give us better pieces unless he proves he is an Allstar/AllNBA player. Our only chance to upgrade our roster is to Send Klay Thompson or Draymond Green out. We are going to ride with Wiggins next season. Fans as well as the Front Office will have to live with it. We should try and up Wiggins value while we are at it

Totally with you ShayDee. Most W's fans still believe that Mil will give up Giannis for Wiggins and picks, and there is no Zion in the draft this year. Even Giannis is a FA, the Dubs can't sign him either. This is not a KD's case.

Return to Golden State Warriors