ImageImageImageImageImage

Superagent David Falk: Marbury was "bad" guy, why AI was different from him

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,085

Re: Superagent David Falk: Marbury was "bad" guy, why AI was different from him 

Post#21 » by blueNorange » Wed Sep 9, 2020 6:50 am

MadGrinch wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
MadGrinch wrote:
Jamal crawford has played 20 years in the nba which only a handful of players have managed to do , you just embarrass yourself when you refer to him like that.

the season after playing for the knicks/warriors he went on to play 730 more nba games, only starting 40 of them.

the only person that embarrassed themselves is you.

3 time 6th man of the year

maybe you aren't bright enough to be embarrassed.

last time i checked, being a 6th man is coming off the bench.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,967

Post#22 » by knicks94 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 9:02 am

I've never understood the Marbury disdain. For years, the man had a target on his shoulders. I recall how people would contrast him to Jason Kidd. Marbury was perceived as a toxic person who only cared about himself while Kidd was seen as a class act and a true leader. We ended up learning that as good of a player as Kidd was his off the court life was far from orderly. I have always believed that people shouldn't make heroes or villains of players based on what the media tells us of them.
MadGrinch
Veteran
And1: 412

Post#23 » by MadGrinch » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:31 pm

blueNorange wrote:
MadGrinch wrote:
blueNorange wrote:the season after playing for the knicks/warriors he went on to play 730 more nba games, only starting 40 of them.

the only person that embarrassed themselves is you.

yeah , Crawford was acquired to come off the bench for the knicks

and he became one of the best bench players ever .
Its because I'm green isn't it?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#24 » by blueNorange » Wed Sep 9, 2020 10:34 pm

MadGrinch wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
MadGrinch wrote:

so you agreee with the assement that he's a bench player?
LOL Y U MAD THO?
DickGrayson
Veteran
And1: 2,080

Post#25 » by DickGrayson » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:16 pm

the Marbury hate is truly mindless. Dude came to a broken franchise and had to handle some toxic personalities (Larry Brown, Isiah Thomas, Dolan, Mike D'Antoni who's so overrated). This was a point in time Knick stans thought Chris Duhon was the Chris Childs/Charlie Ward for our championship formula which was utter nonsense. Marbury helped take a weak old Knicks team to the playoffs, then injury, drama, and no support came his way. Marbury got treated like a black sheep since day. Pairing Steve Francis with him was the ultimate disrespect when Knicks needed real defenders and shooters to compliment Marbury's game, not negate it. This didn't chronically go well with Marbury's age since he would eventually decline. But I remember Marbury putting an effort on defense at the end of his career and he really was willing to adjust his rule to Larry Browns' weak ass slow clogging offense that has no efficiency at all.

Love live the Starbury era. Forever a Starbury stan and I throw smoke down for anyone who wants to hate on my boy Steph! Been a good homie on social media, shows love on my page and he does great things and is living a legendary life in China. Marbury was not perfect, not was he ever a top 15 player but he was a good PG who could of played on a good team as the 3rd best player. He was an underrated passer and wasn't selfish or ball dominant people made him out to be. Dude shared the ball with Crawford, Robinson, Curry, and Francis....Knicks had mad black holes but that was Knicks culture post 1999. From Mo Taylor to Jalen Rose to Chris Copeland. Knicks love scrubs.
MadGrinch
Veteran

Post#26 » by MadGrinch » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:08 pm

blueNorange wrote:
MadGrinch wrote:
blueNorange wrote:last time i checked, being a 6th man is coming off the bench.

sure , he's 40 years old.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#27 » by blueNorange » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:24 pm

MadGrinch wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
MadGrinch wrote:

alright, this convo is over -- we all know that you've played yourself like 10 times already.

tl;dr version -- larry brown was right, crawful was more effective coming off the bench which he has post knicks career .. his 6th man awards proves that he's better suited coming off the bench.

the bench, bench. bench. bench. bench player.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
MadGrinch
Veteran

Post#28 » by MadGrinch » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:44 pm

blueNorange wrote:
MadGrinch wrote:
blueNorange wrote:so you agreee with the assement that he's a bench player?

alright, this convo is over -- we all know that you've played yourself like 10 times already.

tl;dr version -- larry brown was right, crawful was more effective coming off the bench which he has post knicks career .. his 6th man awards proves that he's better suited coming off the bench.

the bench, bench. bench. bench. bench player.

all you proved is your an idiot .

Jamal crawford has had a successful career in which he's 20 seasons and made over 100 million dollars , meanwhile yourself has been obviously less successful chatting up a message board but wants to call him "crawful"

but is too stupid to realize he's made a fool of himself...its impressive in a very sad way.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#29 » by Phish Tank » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:25 am

I was on this forum for a bulk of the Starbury/Marbury/Mebury/Methbury/Mountainbury/Vaselinebury days.

Tbh, I was honestly pumped when we acquired Marbury - and I still don't regret that trade 16+ years later. Anyone around during that time remembers a sub-athletic and uninspiring team.... yes, Allan Houston wasn't that inspiring anymore except for his albatross contract.

The Marbury trade was a complete 180. A 26-27 year old star PG in his prime that's equally exciting too.... I was pumped. That 03-04 season was very promising. Sad part initially was that Marbury never got to play with a healthy Houston beyond a half-season at most. Had Houston been active during the 2004 playoffs, the Knicks might have won a game in the series. But that team was mostly a bunch of oldies, Marbury, Sweetney, maybe Tiny Tim, etc. Isiah knew the team needed to become younger, athletic, exciting. Marbury was step 1. However, his team building after that season blew.

The Jamal Crawford trade was interesting, yet he was probably one of Marbury's best teammates during the Knick run. But someone miscast during his time in NY (Craw - even Marbury). Unfortunately, Marbury got in his own way after proclaiming he was the best PG in NY and that ultimately led to Lenny Wilkens demise (which sucked because he was probably the best coach).

The Larry Brown era was the beginning of the end. LB wanted Marbury to become more like Billups than like AI.... which probably was the right trajectory for Starbury's career. But a clash of egos and IT's poor roster construction (leading up to the Curry trade, Francis trade, etc.) made the marriage irreconcilable. Couple that with the Anucha Browne Sanders lawsuit and BAM.

Marbury's ego got in the way in NY. It also did in all his stops before NY. That's the biggest tragedy of it all. And that's why his relationship with Knick fans and the NY media soured.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#30 » by blueNorange » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:57 pm

MadGrinch wrote:all you proved is your an idiot .

lol
LOL Y U MAD THO?

Return to New York Knicks