ImageImageImageImageImage

Bucks in a hole already?

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Re: Bucks in a hole already? 

Post#61 » by NippySudz » Wed Sep 9, 2020 8:43 am

Max Headrom wrote:The Bucks would do well to get rid of that fraud and give that roster to Nate McMillian
They should have traded middelton for kawhi. But hindsight is 20/20

How dope would have that been. I'm glad it didn't happen. I don't want to see kawhi be a second fiddle but man defensively

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,157

Post#62 » by Max Headrom » Wed Sep 9, 2020 9:10 am

NippySudz wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:The Bucks would do well to get rid of that fraud and give that roster to Nate McMillian

How dope would have that been. I'm glad it didn't happen. I don't want to see kawhi be a second fiddle but man defensively

If Kawhi went to the Bucks, Giannis would be second fiddle :lol:
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#63 » by NippySudz » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:47 am

Max Headrom wrote:
NippySudz wrote:

If Kawhi went to the Bucks, Giannis would be second fiddle
That's true lol.

We'll there's rumors he might be a clipper. I don't buy it. He has another season left on his contact

nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,258

Post#64 » by nickhx2 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:30 am

well i certainly expect clips to do everything they can to sign him.

but of course that goes for every other team in the league lol
MartinRiggs
Junior
And1: 136

Post#65 » by MartinRiggs » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:14 am

Rivers pulled all of his key players out of the game with the Bucks leading 101-67 with 9:25 remaining in the fourth quarter. The group exited to the chant of “Overrated! Overrated!” from the Milwaukee crowd.

I am pleased they are out,bye bye. :naaa:
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#66 » by NippySudz » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:17 am

MartinRiggs wrote:Rivers pulled all of his key players out of the game with the Bucks leading 101-67 with 9:25 remaining in the fourth quarter. The group exited to the chant of “Overrated! Overrated!” from the Milwaukee crowd.

I am pleased they are out,bye bye. :naaa:
LMAO I forgot about that moment.

nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,258

Post#67 » by nickhx2 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:17 am

i mean, bucks mess up again and they might as well kiss giannis bye bye. which is great because IMO he's the only talent capable of standing between the clippers and multiple trophies.
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,157

Post#68 » by Max Headrom » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:28 am

nickhx2 wrote:i mean, bucks mess up again and they might as well kiss giannis bye bye. which is great because IMO he's the only talent capable of standing between the clippers and multiple trophies.

Not if he doesn't add more to his game. If he comes back the same player, he'll be easy to stop in the playoffs again
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#69 » by NippySudz » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:33 pm

They're keeping coach bud. Huge mistake. Three number seeds all eliminated before the finals

LamarWho
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,041

Post#70 » by LamarWho » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:13 pm

Bud avoids the hatchet just like Doc did all these years.
NickP
Rookie
And1: 864

Post#71 » by NickP » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:26 pm

LamarWho wrote:Bud avoids the hatchet just like Doc did all these years.

Doc's avoiding the hatchet because it'll be a political suicide given Doc's activism and what not. Much easier to fire Bud!
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,638

Post#72 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:13 pm

Are we critiquing Bud because MTV said he's better than Doc or do people actually think he's a bad coach that deserves getting axed?
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#73 » by NippySudz » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:36 pm

I believe when you give up three number 1 seeds and fall to the same gameplan that got you bounced before to even lesser talent, you should be bounced.

This isn't LeBron James. This isn't Kawhi Leonard. It's the fifth seed miami heat who's had their number all year.

Coach Bud is looking like Dwane Casey. Good regular season coach. Lacks the creativity in the PO season. Casey was fired, right move obviously. I think the bucks should have done the same. But who knows maybe giannis wanted him there. Maybe the bucks are just afraid of risks. It goes to show you the big balls masai has on him for doing the trade and firing the coach.

No one expected the raptors to be one game away from the ECF. Nick Nurse still has the balls to be creative in the PO season. Just further shows he was the right man for the job. dwane casey's raptors would have been swept by the celtics
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,128

Post#74 » by MartinToVaught » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:00 pm

To be fair, Bud has never had a superteam. He's never even had a legit first option who can carry a team offensively (Giannis, as talented as he is, clearly isn't one of those). His career as a head coach has been spent maximizing the success of deeply flawed teams in the regular season, but those flaws aren't easily hidden in the playoffs.

Doc has had superteams and first options to work with, and he's still underachieved massively in the playoffs. I'm sure Bud would have also won at least one ring with the Big Three Celtics. I don't think Doc would have had nearly as much success with the 2014-15 Hawks or even the current Bucks.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#75 » by NippySudz » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:38 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:To be fair, Bud has never had a superteam. He's never even had a legit first option who can carry a team offensively (Giannis, as talented as he is, clearly isn't one of those). His career as a head coach has been spent maximizing the success of deeply flawed teams in the regular season, but those flaws aren't easily hidden in the playoffs.

Doc has had superteams and first options to work with, and he's still underachieved massively in the playoffs. I'm sure Bud would have also won at least one ring with the Big Three Celtics. I don't think Doc would have had nearly as much success with the 2014-15 Hawks or even the current Bucks.

eh, I think its a cop out. This was a team that was on a historic pace to get 70-71 games. They sputtered before the pandemic and sputtered inside the bubble. They didn't lose in the ECF. They lost in the second round to a 5th Seed. A 5th Seed.

He might be a better coach than doc.( I don't think so, but I'll entertain that thought for now) but just because doc didn't get fired when he deserved to doesn't mean bud should be let off the hook because doc was let off the hook. Coach Bud is more comparable with casey. They weren't going to win anything with Demar Derozan as their primary scorer. Yet the change needed to be made. He didn't adjust in the playoffs.

Bud is a better coach than casey but I think the same standards apply. if he were eliminated in a contested ECF, I would have said ok fine. He doesn't deserve it. However, he got eliminated to a 5th seed which was using the same gameplan as last year's team. Using it much better mind you, Toronto wasn't that dominant with the wall as miami was despite miami having lesser talent in the regular season and PO season as well.

Bucks chose comfort over risk. I get it. I just hope it doesn't bite them in the ass. If bud is outcoached by Rookie Head Coach Steve Nash next season, oof.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#76 » by NippySudz » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:55 pm

Don't forget what bud did. He played everyone regular season mins and when asked why don't they play more in the playoffs?

Read on Twitter

That doesn't sound like a playoff coach to me.

He's had questionable rotations where he's taken out giannis at key moments in the game only to reinsert him back. Funky rotations, lacks of adjustments and doesn't want to play his players longer than he does in the regular season

They would have been swept by a superstar-less miami heat had they not let their foot off the gas + middelton playing more mins. Middleton played more mins in game 5 but didn't matter since the heat were much better prepared.

They were up 17 points in game 6 last year and the raptors came back and won that game.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers