ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,410

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part IV 

Post#841 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Sep 6, 2020 9:43 pm

DT RAW wrote:
76ciology wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
You need to calm down there Dedicated. This was an A & B conversation there Prozak...You can C your way out of it. Maybe try some decaf. I happen to believe that players do improve over time. Thus the reason a lot of them are labeled "projects." Ben by no means was a finished product coming into the league, and the same goes for Shake, Mattise, Korkmaz, and even Zhaire Smith to a lesser extent. I've seen players come into the league unable to hit sand if they fell of a camel and a few years later become competent three point shooters that defenses need to be leery of. So go on somewhere with your Ben Simmons conspiracy rants. We don't need your Spencer Dinwiddie love here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

He’s “dedicatedsixersfan”? :o

I dont even know who that is, but sure. Show me a single player in NBA history that couldnt shoot the ball, and or refused too for 4 years and then turned into a max level player offensively.

Nobody is saying he's going to be a max level shooter you clown shoe. Stop exaggerating everything! My God "max level shooter", that comment is so overblown and just redundant that I can actually hear brain cells dying. I never said that....Lebron isn't a max level shooter, but he's improved over the years. There's no reason to say Simmons can't do the same. Simmons can develop a respectable three point shot...Especially the corner three. He can work a pull up 15 footer into his game. This isn't asking a whole lot and once he gets to that point (I think he will), he's going to be the superstar we all want. OH and where do you get four years from? This was year three for Simmons and it was a shortened one at that. Once the restart tipped off he got hurt, so we never got to see if he had developed anything over the break. Now he's got a few more months to do so. I think we can all agree that he's going to need to do more for us to ever make this work. I think he knows that. Give the guy a chance.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,649

Post#842 » by stormi » Sun Sep 6, 2020 10:18 pm

VDT wrote:
stormi wrote:You switched the discussion see cause at first you were naming tangible and intangible individual traits, and now you're doing an entire overlapping comparison. Nobody is saying Ben is Lebron, or even close. Or Ben in his current state is as polished and determined to be the best like Lebron was. The gap in their shooting profiles is a canyon. Being able to shoot c&s 3's, and being able to make shots off the dribble or contested jumpers against defenders with length are completely different things. Ben is so far away from him in that department that it drops him at least a full tier or two away. The similarities reside in their physical profiles and their vision, and ballhandling. In terms of being able to control the ball at that size and speed in the open court is rare. I've never seen Ben get pressured while holding the ball, never seen him get trapped into throwing turnovers and such. That composure and elegance with the basketball in his hand at that size has drawn the comparisons. Anyways.

I merely pointed out that if Simmons is really better than Lebron in everything save for shooting this should be reflected in his accomplishments.

I said equal or better and worse in terms of leaping ability, but again you're strawmanning.

Another thing that hinders Ben is his mentality, especially to take over a game. Lebron has that aggressiveness that Ben doesn't. Ben sometimes flips that switch and it's frightening, especially when Joel doesn't play. All of his numbers go up and he's a +20ppg scorer. Ben + GOAT mentality + shooting profile is equal or superior to Lebron.

Of course that is an outlandish hypothetical, and again a point that I never made.
stormi
General Manager

Post#843 » by stormi » Sun Sep 6, 2020 10:20 pm

kio80 wrote:
DT RAW wrote:
stormi wrote:^ Claimed Ben Simmons isn't a great finisher around the rim. He's a savant with either hand.

No, hes not.

His finishing when driving in amd contested is HORRENDOUS. Your little stats are tracking all his dunks.

You can keep posting all the BS no context stats you want, doesnt change reality

This is why stats suck sometimes. If someone never saw NBA basketball and looked at bens stats they would think offesnively he was probably amazing, then when they saw him on the court they would be mortified athow this guy has less offensive skill than some high school kids

Let’s see you back up your points with some stats, you give horrible takes and you don’t even back it up with “bs with no context stats”,
You kept saying Ben Simmons is a terrible player, let’s show us some stats and convince us.
BTW, we all know he can’t shoot, so give us something new.
Yea stats sucks, we should throw stats away and solely check out what DT RAW has to say before making any decisions, thank you very much, you are the savior of the 76ers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's an anti-Ben troll account lol, ignore him.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#844 » by Kobblehead » Sun Sep 6, 2020 10:37 pm

They better trade Jrue if they want to maximize their value out of the asset. He's basically guaranteed to opt out after next season.
DT RAW
Junior
And1: 129

Post#845 » by DT RAW » Sun Sep 6, 2020 10:45 pm

stormi wrote:
kio80 wrote:
DT RAW wrote:
No, hes not.

His finishing when driving in amd contested is HORRENDOUS. Your little stats are tracking all his dunks.

You can keep posting all the BS no context stats you want, doesnt change reality

This is why stats suck sometimes. If someone never saw NBA basketball and looked at bens stats they would think offesnively he was probably amazing, then when they saw him on the court they would be mortified athow this guy has less offensive skill than some high school kids

Let’s see you back up your points with some stats, you give horrible takes and you don’t even back it up with “bs with no context stats”,
You kept saying Ben Simmons is a terrible player, let’s show us some stats and convince us.
Yea stats sucks, we should throw stats away and solely check out what DT RAW has to say before making any decisions, thank you very much, you are the savior of the 76ers

I am not a troll. It's just calling out players or coaches on this team that are clear problems but are fan favorites gets you crucified. On reddit everyone defended brett brown for years while I was saying how badly we needed to get rid of him, I have held that stance on simmons too. I hated the Horford signing, but I was told I was an idiot for claiming these things. Now everyone has come around on brown and horford, but they are still defending simmons till the bitter end. Thing is, once he is traded, whenever that is, everyone who defended him through thick n thin will act like it was obvious the whole time
stormi
General Manager

Post#846 » by stormi » Sun Sep 6, 2020 10:49 pm

ngl, tl;dr.

don't quote me.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,410

Post#847 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Mon Sep 7, 2020 2:57 am

DT RAW wrote:
stormi wrote:
kio80 wrote:

I am not a troll. It's just calling out players or coaches on this team that are clear problems but are fan favorites gets you crucified. On reddit everyone defended brett brown for years while I was saying how badly we needed to get rid of him, I have held that stance on simmons too. I hated the Horford signing, but I was told I was an idiot for claiming these things. Now everyone has come around on brown and horford, but they are still defending simmons till the bitter end. Thing is, once he is traded, whenever that is, everyone who defended him through thick n thin will act like it was obvious the whole time

Who called you an idiot for not liking the Horford signing? Actually...Go ahead and find that quote. You weren't the only one that didn't like the Horford signing dude. I thought it was a TERRIBLE idea. People tried to sell the idea of stopping Giannis for the reason we signed him. People also championed the idea that the only real player that could guard Embiid in the East besides Gasol was now on our team. Those two reasons made the signing tolerable to a small extent, but it was still more than questionable from my end when we did it.
Now in regards to Simmons, you are just completely wrong. There's no substance behind why you think Simmons is bad and you're misrepresenting everything you try to argue against. Some people would call is strawman. You're exaggerating everything! Yes it's frustrating that Simmons hasn't been as aggressive on the offensive end as he should probably be, but I think that will change with a new coach here. You can't just automatically dismiss the idea of that happening just because you want it to support your agenda. BB coddled these guys, and we're going to see a new approach next season with Tyronn Lue lol. Seriously though....I say give it another season before calling it a bust with Simmons.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,444

Post#848 » by youngcrev » Wed Sep 9, 2020 1:30 am

Officially All Defensive First team. He had the 3rd highest vote count.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,340

Post#849 » by 76ciology » Wed Sep 9, 2020 6:08 am

youngcrev wrote:Officially All Defensive First team. He had the 3rd highest vote count.

Now that he got this award, which is a plus. I hope he can focus now on how to score volume of points in today’s weak defensive era with how the calls are made and with teams playing small.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,682

Post#850 » by phillynative » Wed Sep 9, 2020 11:02 am

Oh please he's going to be on that gaming system all fall.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,674

Post#851 » by the_process » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:48 pm

Read on Twitter

Even if they mean well, I do not like this tweet by the Sixers. When he shoots a freaking jumper on the regular, then you can lavish praise on him.
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#852 » by agiaco » Wed Sep 9, 2020 4:57 pm

the_process wrote:
Read on Twitter

Even if they mean well, I do not like this tweet by the Sixers. When he shoots a freaking jumper on the regular, then you can lavish praise on him.

What is the PR/social team supposed to do? **** on him for not shooting? Their job is to share news like that.
the_process
RealGM

Post#853 » by the_process » Wed Sep 9, 2020 5:53 pm

agiaco wrote:
the_process wrote:
Read on Twitter

What is the PR/social team supposed to do? **** on him for not shooting? Their job is to share news like that.

Just say congrats on 1st team defense? I know it’s their job, admittedly it’s just a personal gripe.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#854 » by youngcrev » Wed Sep 9, 2020 7:11 pm

the_process wrote:
Read on Twitter

:lol:

While I kind of agree with you, that just highlights why Philly is a tough place to play. All these accomplishments and we still harp on what he can't do.
mike76
Junior
And1: 344

Post#855 » by mike76 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 7:38 pm

The Ben hate gets absolutely surreal

I don't know of any first team all defense player who is 6th in the league in assists and puts up an efficient 16 ppg get so much hate.

This is reaching Covington levels of underrated and overhated.

I didnt think that was actually possible
the_process
RealGM

Post#856 » by the_process » Wed Sep 9, 2020 7:38 pm

youngcrev wrote:
the_process wrote:
Read on Twitter

While I kind of agree with you, that just highlights why Philly is a tough place to play. All these accomplishments and we still harp on what he can't do.

Yeah. The underlying gripe is really that he sees all these accolades and won’t continue to work to get better. And he needs to get better.
SouthJersey
Starter
And1: 144

Post#857 » by SouthJersey » Wed Sep 9, 2020 7:58 pm

the_process wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
the_process wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah. The underlying gripe is really that he sees all these accolades and won’t continue to work to get better. And he needs to get better.

Yea who cares if he was rookie of the year or the #1 pick. While they are at it, why don’t they just list all his accomplishments from Australia.
Monix
Pro Prospect
And1: 660

Post#858 » by Monix » Wed Sep 9, 2020 9:26 pm

man...

there are some haters in this thread

how did he get to be 1st team All-Defense?

did he maybe...work on it?

or are you going to say it was all Brett Brown's scheme?
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#859 » by youngcrev » Wed Sep 9, 2020 9:39 pm

the_process wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
the_process wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yup, I get it, but still. It's kinda unreasonable to think they're not going to post something like that. I also don't really think that's reflective of his work ethic.
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#860 » by agiaco » Wed Sep 9, 2020 10:24 pm

It's astonishing how Ben's lack of shooting just blinds some fans. He's an elite player in so many facets of the game. Sure I'd like to see him shooting more, but it's mitigated by everything else he does on court.

If Ben doesn't go down with the knee injury there's a strong likelihood we're watching Philly play the Raptors tonight instead of discussing a silly social media post made by the organization.

People acting like they know how hard Simmons works...ya'll don't have a clue.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers