Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Re: Nash & Nets Press Conference @ 12pm EST on YES Network / NBATV 

Post#2 » by DarkXaero » Wed Sep 9, 2020 4:53 pm

Strong press conference by Nash, but I'm not surprised, he has always been very well spoken in media. Not much given away but he was prepared for the expected tough questions.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#3 » by Claud » Wed Sep 9, 2020 7:50 pm

Very impressed by coach Nash. He seems ready. Legit excited for next season. Should be a wild one.
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#4 » by 3pt_chucker » Wed Sep 9, 2020 9:03 pm

Nash handled every question that came his way smoothly and even though he didn't really say much and kept it close to the vest, I liked all his answers.

Just excited to see him out there actually coaching guys up(who knows when tf that is) more than anything.

Also I loved his comment about connecting with the players on a human level first and foremost. You know KI, KD and Spence love hearing that.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,574

Post#5 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Sep 9, 2020 9:23 pm

Windrem asked Nash straight up about the issue of white privilege and "skipping the line"

Read on Twitter

I've already said that I personally don't view this as a racial issue based on the circumstances, who is in support of the hire, etc. If you want to chalk this up to anything, it's pretty much about who Steve Nash is, a hall of fame player, and who his connections are (Sean Marks and Kevin Durant)....which is pretty much how Jason Kidd (HoFer, Nets legend) and Derek Fisher (NBA Champion, Phil Jackson disciple) got their first coaching jobs. That being said, great answer, he didn't shy away from the topic.

I really want to learn what his offensive philosophy will be. I don't think we can assume that he'll be looking to play like how the D'Antoni Suns did.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,574

Post#6 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Sep 9, 2020 9:25 pm

3pt_chucker wrote:Nash handled every question that came his way smoothly and even though he didn't really say much and kept it close to the best, I liked all his answered.

Just excited to see him out there actually coaching guys up(who knows when tf that is) more than anything.

Also I loved his comment about connecting with the players on a human level first and fornmost. You know KI, KD and Spence love hearing that.

I think we know that KD, Kyrie, and Spencer respect straight shooters. Nash is a leader so I don't think holding people accountable will be an issue. As always though, the locker room will need to police itself in that regard.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe

Return to Brooklyn Nets