ImageImage

PG - Bucks Come Up Short in Game 5

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,256

Re: PG - Bucks Come Up Short in Game 5 

Post#241 » by FlagsFlyForever » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:33 pm

Brogdon shot 32.6% from three this season. I can only imagine how much complaining about him there would be if he had been on the Bucks.
Read on Twitter
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#242 » by MiltownHawkeye » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:45 pm

I don't know what the narrative on Khris is right now but I'm proud of how he played this series. He wasn't super efficient and his handle is hard to watch but I think he gave a great effort in a tough situation. I'm not as worried about that contract as I was this time last year even if he's still ideally more of a #3 guy.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,962

Post#243 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Sep 9, 2020 4:39 pm

DavidDunn21 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:as contructed this team wins 50 without giannis. anybody taIking about a rebuiId needs to start with that premise
No, without Giannis this team as currently constructed would be like the Kidd teams that beat contenders and lost to the dregs consistently. We don't execute precision offense in the last 5:00 well enough to be anything but a 38-42 win team

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app

middleton, bledsoe/hill, and lopez are the best players weve had at any of those positions for 25 years outside of perhaps single seasons by bogut or redd or something. buds is the best reg season coach weve probably ever had. no chance we win 38-42. no chance whatsoever
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,755

Post#244 » by Prez » Wed Sep 9, 2020 4:42 pm

MiltownHawkeye wrote:I don't know what the narrative on Khris is right now but I'm proud of how he played this series. He wasn't super efficient and his handle is hard to watch but I think he gave a great effort in a tough situation. I'm not as worried about that contract as I was this time last year even if he's still ideally more of a #3 guy.

26/6/7 for the series, game 5 really hurt his efficiency but was at about 56% TS before that. Out of about 100 guys in the 2nd round of the playoffs he was 4th in scoring (behind AD, Bron, Harden) and 6th in assists. For a non-superstar that's about as much as you can ask for honestly. He'd be a stellar #3 but what he did as a #2 this year would be enough if Giannis played like Giannis.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,794

Post#245 » by fansinceforever » Wed Sep 9, 2020 4:53 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
blazza18 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:as contructed this team wins 50 without giannis. anybody taIking about a rebuiId needs to start with that premise

Still doing this regular season thing huh?

huh? 50 win taIent needs to be tweaked not dismantIed. biggest issue with this team remains the coach and the fIawed superstar.... not the cast.... of course we can taIk about the cast if youre Iike me and you want to tweak the cast to take the baII OUT of the stars hands this time year. we wiII Iose year after year after year if our haIf court initiaitor in the Piayoffs is NOT a shot maker, can NOT hit a 3< and doesnt hit his fts. im not even sIightIy confused what our probIem is. we sucked at pIayoff basketbaII and the coach that went with it untiI Iiteraiiy the moment giannis went down. its a concern and it needs to be addressed

Finding a half cout initiator who is also a shot maker in the playoffs will require more than "tweak".

This team needs to be retooled in the worst way. Lets not get hurt from patting ourselves on the back again. This team is no where near ready for a championship run as they're currently constructed.
fansinceforever
Analyst

Post#246 » by fansinceforever » Wed Sep 9, 2020 4:59 pm

TD75 wrote:I was thinking...
Do you know who would be able to play the PnR great with Giannis/Khris?
Brogdon
Do you know who would fit great with Wes Matthews?
Brogdon
Do you know who is a good playmaker that can read the game?
Brogdon
:o :-? :roll:

Its insane that we haven't highlighted this massive mistake more than we have. We've lampooned GMs for far less.

This was when I knew we weren't going to win a championship.
fansinceforever
Analyst

Post#247 » by fansinceforever » Wed Sep 9, 2020 5:05 pm

RogerMurdock wrote:Look, I'm the biggest Brogdon stan here (see: logos under my name), but these discussions about Brogdon every time one of our guards has a bad game need to stop.

Why? It was a massive mistake. We constantly talk about needing a player with his skill set when we had him previously.

I get the whole "we need to move on" thing but our mistakes need to be highlighted. If I hear Horst blurt out some garbage about the bubble being the problem and trying to keep this group together, I might literally lose it.
talbert
Junior
And1: 204

Post#248 » by talbert » Wed Sep 9, 2020 5:18 pm

steger_3434 wrote:Final game of the season knocking us out way earlier than was expected and post game thread is only 12 pages. Even the most hardcore bucks fans are less distraught over this than last year. The casuals really don’t even care. The bucks and the nba are in trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I have to agree with you on the city and state not really caring about this Bucks loss. A lot of factors, but still bums me out.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,488

Post#249 » by PG Graveyard » Wed Sep 9, 2020 5:36 pm

If it wasn't for the pandemic Brogdon wouldn't have been healthy for the playoffs for the second straight year. That remains the reason why he wasn't brought back for the money he got.
awd4cy
Analyst
And1: 1,882

Post#250 » by awd4cy » Wed Sep 9, 2020 5:40 pm

I don't think we win it last year if we got past Toronto. Kevin Durant likely wouldn't have torn his achilles and Klay Thompson proably wouldn't have torn his ACL. With that, it would have been 4-0 Warriors against us. We pretty much had no shot at a championship last year.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#251 » by skones » Wed Sep 9, 2020 6:10 pm

Prez wrote:
MiltownHawkeye wrote:I don't know what the narrative on Khris is right now but I'm proud of how he played this series. He wasn't super efficient and his handle is hard to watch but I think he gave a great effort in a tough situation. I'm not as worried about that contract as I was this time last year even if he's still ideally more of a #3 guy.

26/6/7 for the series, game 5 really hurt his efficiency but was at about 56% TS before that. Out of about 100 guys in the 2nd round of the playoffs he was 4th in scoring (behind AD, Bron, Harden) and 6th in assists. For a non-superstar that's about as much as you can ask for honestly. He'd be a stellar #3 but what he did as a #2 this year would be enough if Giannis played like Giannis.

He had a great regular season and put himself firmly into, "Worth the deal he got" territory. Non-believers may still have put the "chokes in the playoffs" tag on him, and I think he did more than enough in the Miami series to quell those concerns. His value has certainly increased around the league.
Mujakki
Freshman
And1: 96

Post#252 » by Mujakki » Wed Sep 9, 2020 6:34 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
Revived wrote:
RogerMurdock wrote:Look, I'm the biggest Brogdon stan here (see: logos under my name), but these discussions about Brogdon every time one of our guards has a bad game need to stop.

This isn’t accurate. Bledsoe has been a problem ever since coming to the Bucks. Found this on the GB and can’t argue with it.

Against Celtics in 2018 (6 games):
13.6 PPG / 44 FG% / 31.8 3P%

Against Raptors in 2019 (6 games):
10.2 PPG / 29.4 FG% / 17.2 3P%

Against Heat in 2020 (4 games)
11.8 PPG / 33.3 FG% / 21.4 3P%

You don’t think Brogdon can out perform those #s?

Well I mean, he really didn't when he was here

Against the Raptors 2017 (6 games)
9 PPG / 37.3 FG% / 27% 3P%

Against the Celtics 2018 (7 games)
8.7 PPG / 43.4 FG% / 27.4 3P%

Against the Celtics 2019 (injured all but 1 game)

Against the Raptors 2019 (6 games)
13.5 PPG / 44.7 FG% / 35.1 3P%

Now post his numbers against Miami literally 2 weeks ago.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#253 » by jerrod » Wed Sep 9, 2020 6:52 pm

So what gets me the most last night is that we were capable of playing the way we needed to at the beginning of the game. Ignore whether or not the shots would keep dropping but the ball and player movement was superb. Then it wasn't anymore and there were a lot of long iso's. Why was that?
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,593

Post#254 » by TroyD92 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 6:54 pm

awd4cy wrote:I don't think we win it last year if we got past Toronto. Kevin Durant likely wouldn't have torn his achilles and Klay Thompson proably wouldn't have torn his ACL. With that, it would have been 4-0 Warriors against us. We pretty much had no shot at a championship last year.

How are those injuries in anyway related?
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,447

Post#255 » by steger_3434 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 7:07 pm

jerrod wrote:So what gets me the most last night is that we were capable of playing the way we needed to at the beginning of the game. Ignore whether or not the shots would keep dropping but the ball and player movement was superb. Then it wasn't anymore and there were a lot of long iso's. Why was that?

My guess is miami went on a huge run cutting the lead to 2 within minutes and we panicked and resorted to iso ball

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#256 » by jerrod » Wed Sep 9, 2020 7:18 pm

steger_3434 wrote:My guess is miami went on a huge run cutting the lead to 2 within minutes and we panicked and resorted to iso ball

I think that's exactly the case and I can't think of a better example of terrible, non-responsive coaching.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,989

Post#257 » by midranger » Wed Sep 9, 2020 8:02 pm

talbert wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:Final game of the season knocking us out way earlier than was expected and post game thread is only 12 pages. Even the most hardcore bucks fans are less distraught over this than last year. The casuals really don’t even care. The bucks and the nba are in trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I have to agree with you on the city and state not really caring about this Bucks loss. A lot of factors, but still bums me out.

Same. Old. Bucks.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,989

Post#258 » by midranger » Wed Sep 9, 2020 8:06 pm

I do think the nba is in trouble.

Also, while I understand that sports “reporters” need stuff to argue about, but their unceasing drive to destroy competitive equipoise by encouraging stars to a select few favored teams will back fire extraordinarily. They’ll all end up unemployed.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#259 » by msiris » Wed Sep 9, 2020 8:14 pm

Neither Brogdon nor Bledsoe is the answer.
Ride the tank
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,488

Post#260 » by PG Graveyard » Wed Sep 9, 2020 8:16 pm

midranger wrote:I do think the nba is in trouble.

Also, while I understand that sports “reporters” need stuff to argue about, but their unceasing drive to destroy competitive equipoise by encouraging stars to a select few favored teams will back fire extraordinarily. They’ll all end up unemployed.

Agreed....I don't see how this is good for the league at all. They lost me on Christmas when they led off their pregame with Stephen A. saying Giannis should leave for somewhere else. This is when the team was on pace for 70ish wins and was clicking on all cylinders. We haven't had much to cheer about in 20 years and then when we should be enjoying the season we have to hear about that crap endlessly on every national game. They spent fricken time during playoff games talking about it. What is the league doing here? I think everyone is way too caught up in GM mode on NBA 2K rather than the actual games. Now get off my yard!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks