OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ClassicJack
Lead Assistant
And1: 965

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1101 » by ClassicJack » Fri Sep 4, 2020 5:58 am

ClassicJack wrote:
ClassicJack wrote:I was trippin. I was so sleep on this game. I literally let this game collect dust in my closet for years and now I'm 100% invested in Andre Bishop's story. Still don't love the actual fighting but it's better than I remembered but the story mode is what has me here.

The f*ckin Isaac Frost guy, man... :nonono:

I'm thisclose to making it thru the 4th round. This weekend, his ass is mine. :starwars
F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#1102 » by Sauce Boss » Fri Sep 4, 2020 11:22 am

MikeIsGood wrote:Woah, apparently there was a Nintendo Direct this morning.

Super Mario 3D All Stars (SM64!!!, Sunshine, Galaxy) - Switch - September 18. LOL. Because I needed more games to play this month apparently.
Super Mario 3D World Plus (Remake with new content) - Switch - February 2021.
Super Mario 35 (It's like Tetris 100...but Mario) - Switch - October 1. Included with Nintendo Online subscription.

Then there was some VR-type game and a non-Switch, throwback handled release also.

Pretty sure you pre-ordered already, but wanted to note Nintendo said they’re only printing 3D All Stars through March 2021 as a limited time release. So if anyone is on the fence, just buy it now or regret it later when it becomes a collectible.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,958

Post#1103 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Sep 4, 2020 1:43 pm

I installed an emulator to play T-Hawk 1 earlier the summer and the tricks came back within minutes due to muscle memory. Just gonna say that doesn't mean **** in the remaster. I'm awful.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,651

Post#1104 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Sep 4, 2020 4:12 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I installed an emulator to play T-Hawk 1 earlier the summer and the tricks came back within minutes due to muscle memory. Just gonna say that doesn't mean **** in the remaster. I'm awful.

I haven't played in like 15 years, so I chalked it up to that. But the controls have also changed slightly, and some new moves are included that weren't last time I played (I don't recall reverts).
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#1105 » by glenn » Fri Sep 4, 2020 4:48 pm

It took me a couple of hours, but am hitting some pretty big combos now. If you’re struggling, going for the skill points in each level helps immensely. I was killing myself unnecessarily trying to clear gaps and hit jumps, but I came back later after upgrading and had no issues.

Also, if the new tricks aren’t your thing, they let you switch to just the originals in the options.
:reporter:
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1106 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Sep 4, 2020 6:31 pm

I finally broke 100K+ on a trick (which I know isn't that special). I forgot that rail grinds are where it's at, so I'm going to pump that stat now. My biggest problem to this point is just landing the tricks. I am always tempted to land with my player facing forward - meaning with the board sideways - so working to break that habit.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,958

Post#1107 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Sep 4, 2020 6:36 pm

My thing is my go-to in the warehouse isn't possible because I can't ollie that high. Normally I'd start every run with a vert through the top room, do a trick or three, and land a grind that took me around the entire room. Can't happen with my **** dude.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#1108 » by crkone » Fri Sep 4, 2020 7:11 pm

I've been practicing on Coolboarders 3. Will this help me? :D

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1109 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Sep 4, 2020 7:49 pm

Getting better. Close to 400K as my top combo now.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1110 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Sep 4, 2020 8:45 pm

Ok, nope. Downhill Jam can **** right off.
Beorn
Sixth Man
And1: 807

Post#1111 » by Beorn » Sat Sep 5, 2020 1:05 pm

tydett wrote:
ACGB wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Surprise there hasn't been talk of Crusader Kings III around here. I spent an afternoon going over tutorials for CKII earlier this year and the number of systems going on quickly overwhelmed me.

I've got close to 200 hours in 2 and I'm excited to start playing 3 fresh from the beginning. The new UI seems to be a lot better.

I've got maybe 500 hours in 2 and don't see the point in upgrading to 3 as it stands. They'll release a **** ton of more DLC, so I'll grab it when it's $30 for the base game and DLC pack.

Same here, logged a billion or so hours of CK2, will wait for the DLCs to come out before purchasing the new one.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1112 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Sep 7, 2020 9:14 pm

I might be putting Wasteland 3 aside for a while until they do something with these load times. I reload in games like this a lot, as I like to try different strategies to battles, etc., and it is just rough sitting through 30-45 second load times, especially when you have like a $2k computer.

ETA: Updated load times - I actually timed it and it's worse than I estimated.
crkone
RealGM

Post#1113 » by crkone » Tue Sep 8, 2020 5:09 pm

Nothing like dropping a Zelda Warriors game with BOTW graphics on a random Tuesday.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1114 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Sep 8, 2020 5:13 pm

crkone wrote:Nothing like dropping a Zelda Warriors game with BOTW graphics on a random Tuesday.

I've never been a fan of the Warriors games, but my ears are perked here. I know people liked the original Hyrule Warriors, too.
crkone
RealGM

Post#1115 » by crkone » Tue Sep 8, 2020 5:15 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
crkone wrote:Nothing like dropping a Zelda Warriors game with BOTW graphics on a random Tuesday.

I've never been a fan of the Warriors games, but my ears are perked here. I know people liked the original Hyrule Warriors, too.

I'm only interested because there are supposed to be Zelda like puzzles in the game.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,631

Post#1116 » by StickeeFingaz » Tue Sep 8, 2020 9:27 pm

Anybody here played any Spellbreak? I played some this weekend with friends but the game is already super sweaty. I either run into people booting the game for the first time or pre-alpha testers who crush me.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1117 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Sep 8, 2020 10:24 pm

So, I'll just say that I tested Amalur Re-Reckoning, cautious after seeing reviews and learning it's basically just a port with better lighting. And wow that game does NOT translate for 2020 in anyway whatsoever. Glad I didn't buy it.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1118 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Sep 8, 2020 11:55 pm

Might have to get one of these Xbox Series S deals, to basically be the PC hooked up to my TV. Stick with PS5 as the main console for the exclusives I greatly prefer, but still think it'd be awesome to go from PC to TV with game pass and pick-up right where I left off.
crkone
RealGM

Post#1119 » by crkone » Wed Sep 9, 2020 7:50 pm

Finally beat 5BC. I went away from Dead Cells for a hot minute and came back a couple weeks ago.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#1120 » by jerrod » Wed Sep 9, 2020 8:13 pm

Anyone else do any sim racing? I've been toying around with a reasonably basic setup and I greatly enjoy it when I'm really into but there's so much setup and tinkering and adjusting before you get to that point. Plus, I'm on my Xbox One and I keep learning about how everything is better on pc.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks