ImageImage

PG - Bucks Come Up Short in Game 5

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Re: PG - Bucks Come Up Short in Game 5 

Post#261 » by Bucksfan28 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 9:07 pm

Its also telling how the media frames these player movement discussions. Giannis should leave MKE, AD should leave NOLA, PG should leave Indy or OKC. But then for the big markets its who should join LeBron/Kawhi in LA, or Embiid and Simmons in Philly, or Butler in Miami, or Kyrie in Brooklyn.

Its a business, I get theyre chasing clicks and views, but damn this **** gets insufferable quick. And if you dont have a tough, confident FO, I have to imagine it could adversely impact their own job performance.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,139

Post#262 » by DingleJerry » Wed Sep 9, 2020 9:08 pm

awd4cy wrote:I don't think we win it last year if we got past Toronto. Kevin Durant likely wouldn't have torn his achilles and Klay Thompson proably wouldn't have torn his ACL. With that, it would have been 4-0 Warriors against us. We pretty much had no shot at a championship last year.

I'd be confident we win if we get through Tor. KD was out at least the first 2-3 games regardless. It ended up being 4 games. GSW without KD was not very good. 3 legit players then D leaguers and no one at all on the roster who could defend Giannis or even the bodies to do the wall. No reason they shouldn't get 3/4 of the games without KD playing, just like Tor did. And to say I'm hindsighting here, yea that's what we're doing here. But, I made a good chunk of money betting Tor in those games.

Trickle down effects for the league in this alternate timeline are really interesting though. Chances are Klay and KD don't get re-injured. So then what happens to GSW for 2020 and KDs decision. In theory Bucks already have a Giannis title and does that just let him sign here and not think about it? Does the money made and title in the bad make them just pony up for Brog.

To think that a KDless Warriors sweep us 4-0 with MKE having the first two games at home seems frankly absurd.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,736

Post#263 » by yannisk » Wed Sep 9, 2020 9:15 pm

Prez wrote:
MiltownHawkeye wrote:I don't know what the narrative on Khris is right now but I'm proud of how he played this series. He wasn't super efficient and his handle is hard to watch but I think he gave a great effort in a tough situation. I'm not as worried about that contract as I was this time last year even if he's still ideally more of a #3 guy.

26/6/7 for the series, game 5 really hurt his efficiency but was at about 56% TS before that. Out of about 100 guys in the 2nd round of the playoffs he was 4th in scoring (behind AD, Bron, Harden) and 6th in assists. For a non-superstar that's about as much as you can ask for honestly. He'd be a stellar #3 but what he did as a #2 this year would be enough if Giannis played like Giannis.

He scored 26 points on 22 shots per game. 42% FG, 29,7% on 3s . We know that if a good nba player takes enough shots he will score, we want him to score efficiently though especially when he is paid as much as he does
awd4cy
Analyst
And1: 1,882

Post#264 » by awd4cy » Wed Sep 9, 2020 9:25 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
awd4cy wrote:I don't think we win it last year if we got past Toronto. Kevin Durant likely wouldn't have torn his achilles and Klay Thompson proably wouldn't have torn his ACL. With that, it would have been 4-0 Warriors against us. We pretty much had no shot at a championship last year.

How are those injuries in anyway related?

Guess I’m not understanding. I think if the Bucks would have finished out Toronto, there was no way we were beating GS. People seem to assume their stars would have been injured against the Bucks had we pulled through.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,588

Post#265 » by blazza18 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 10:08 pm

Middleton's 4th quarters were pretty disastrous in 3 straight last quarter collapses. Can't go on about his efficiency without ignoring that.

The positive Middleton takeaway should be that after Giannis went out he took full responsibility of the Bucks winning or losing. Something he's rarely done before then. If he can continue to grow from that we'll be a better team for it.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,283

Post#266 » by fan230 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 10:33 pm

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2020/9/9/21419462/milwaukee-bucks-giannis-antetokounmpo-free-agency-2020-nba-playoffs-miami-heat

I liked this article. It points out many of the things that various people have written on our forum, but puts it altogether as a structured article to get a bigger perspective.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,594

Post#267 » by TroyD92 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:29 am

awd4cy wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:

Guess I’m not understanding. I think if the Bucks would have finished out Toronto, there was no way we were beating GS. People seem to assume their stars would have been injured against the Bucks had we pulled through.

Durant was already injured in the conference finals vs the rocket though? He played 12 minutes of game five and blew his Achilles
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,997

Post#268 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:31 am

fansinceforever wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
blazza18 wrote:
Still doing this regular season thing huh?

huh? 50 win taIent needs to be tweaked not dismantIed. biggest issue with this team remains the coach and the fIawed superstar.... not the cast.... of course we can taIk about the cast if youre Iike me and you want to tweak the cast to take the baII OUT of the stars hands this time year. we wiII Iose year after year after year if our haIf court initiaitor in the Piayoffs is NOT a shot maker, can NOT hit a 3< and doesnt hit his fts. im not even sIightIy confused what our probIem is. we sucked at pIayoff basketbaII and the coach that went with it untiI Iiteraiiy the moment giannis went down. its a concern and it needs to be addressed

Finding a half cout initiator who is also a shot maker in the playoffs will require more than "tweak".

This team needs to be retooled in the worst way. Lets not get hurt from patting ourselves on the back again. This team is no where near ready for a championship run as they're currently constructed.
rondo won a game for th4 iakers Iast night. its not as hard as you think
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,696

Post#269 » by Pachinko_ » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:44 am

I really don't understand why people keep complaining that mainstream media are insufferable but keep watching them.
Last time I watched television was August 2004 (Greek Olympics), so trust me, it's definitely doable.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,808

Post#270 » by fansinceforever » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:51 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
fansinceforever wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:huh? 50 win taIent needs to be tweaked not dismantIed. biggest issue with this team remains the coach and the fIawed superstar.... not the cast.... of course we can taIk about the cast if youre Iike me and you want to tweak the cast to take the baII OUT of the stars hands this time year. we wiII Iose year after year after year if our haIf court initiaitor in the Piayoffs is NOT a shot maker, can NOT hit a 3< and doesnt hit his fts. im not even sIightIy confused what our probIem is. we sucked at pIayoff basketbaII and the coach that went with it untiI Iiteraiiy the moment giannis went down. its a concern and it needs to be addressed

Finding a half cout initiator who is also a shot maker in the playoffs will require more than "tweak".

This team needs to be retooled in the worst way. Lets not get hurt from patting ourselves on the back again. This team is no where near ready for a championship run as they're currently constructed.
rondo won a game for th4 iakers Iast night. its not as hard as you think

We need more than that. It is and will be pretty damn hard to land a player of the caliber we need.
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,497

Post#271 » by old skool » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:11 am

Brogdon's teams were 3-8 in playoff games over the last two seasons when he suited up. 8-16 for his career. He has never played on a playoff series winner. (Single games don't count as a series win)

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
awd4cy
Analyst
And1: 1,882

Post#272 » by awd4cy » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:47 am

TroyD92 wrote:
awd4cy wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:

Durant was already injured in the conference finals vs the rocket though? He played 12 minutes of game five and blew his Achilles

Damn, I totally forgot that. Can’t believe I forgot that.
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#273 » by DavidDunn21 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:14 am

old skool wrote:Brogdon's teams were 3-8 in playoff games over the last two seasons when he suited up. 8-16 for his career. He has never played on a playoff series winner. (Single games don't count as a series win)

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app

I mean, c'mon. This is ridiculous.

First of all, he's not a good enough player to hold any of that against him. He was the 2nd to 4th best Buck last year and 3rd to 6th best Buck the year before that. Secondly playoff wins are hard to come by. Once upon a time Pau Gasol was 0-12 in the postseason.

Thirdly his numbers were better this year against the Heat (and we are in no position to make fun of anyone for getting swept by the Heat)

Most importantly, by posting his playoff record you're pretending his record wouldn't be substantially different with another 4 Pistons wins and 3 vs. one loss against Boston. Unless you're making a case that Malcolm would've cost us a game against the Celtics.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks