Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Pointguard01
RealGM
And1: 223

Re: Who'd you rather "overpay" 

Post#41 » by Pointguard01 » Mon Sep 7, 2020 2:22 pm

Pinkyring wrote:
Pointguard01 wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:He's going to probably get the mle and he id worth that and would be a backup here, we have enough backups making near 8 figures we don't need more, at some point we need value contracts

DFS, Curry and Kleber are all value contracts. They all have positive trade value.

Unless you are thinking minimum contracts guys, it’s quite hard to get really good role players that are paid 7-mill/yr.

Is there any suggestions of better valued FAs to go after?

Dfs is a value contract curry and kleber are paid in their correct neighborhood as for free agents id rather make trades frankly, ive mentioned multiple times moving wright for thad young i like that deal or packaging wright with 31 for gay. There are ways to improve this roster beyond overpaying another role player long term.

Yeah, I like both of those trades. It takes two to tango and I don’t know that either SA or chicago do though.

Wright isn’t getting minutes over
- Coby White and Tomas Satorasky (CHI)
- Derrick White and Dejounte Murray (SAS)

The only trades that I see realistic with Wright is to teams that desperately need backup PG help and ready to win (Utah, Boston as prime examples) where we just take on expiring. I’d love to move Wright for a big wing that we need, but don’t believe it’s realistic without including #18 (which starts to give me hesitation).
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#42 » by Pinkyring » Mon Sep 7, 2020 2:33 pm

Pointguard01 wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:
Pointguard01 wrote:
DFS, Curry and Kleber are all value contracts. They all have positive trade value.

Unless you are thinking minimum contracts guys, it’s quite hard to get really good role players that are paid 7-mill/yr.

Is there any suggestions of better valued FAs to go after?

Dfs is a value contract curry and kleber are paid in their correct neighborhood as for free agents id rather make trades frankly, ive mentioned multiple times moving wright for thad young i like that deal or packaging wright with 31 for gay. There are ways to improve this roster beyond overpaying another role player long term.

Yeah, I like both of those trades. It takes two to tango and I don’t know that either SA or chicago do though.

Wright isn’t getting minutes over
- Coby White and Tomas Satorasky (CHI)
- Derrick White and Dejounte Murray (SAS)

The only trades that I see realistic with Wright is to teams that desperately need backup PG help and ready to win (Utah, Boston as prime examples) where we just take on expiring. I’d love to move Wright for a big wing that we need, but don’t believe it’s realistic without including #18 (which starts to give me hesitation).

Well thad is unhappy in chicago and a wright swap saves them money and they get younger he can also backup thr 1 and 2 so theres value there. As for gay, maybe it takes 18 or maybe we move Brunson to boston for 30 and package wright 30 and 31, regardless id do the deal we can't draft anyway so idc much about draft picks
TingusP
Ballboy
And1: 16

Post#43 » by TingusP » Tue Sep 8, 2020 2:01 am

We need to find our own OG in the draft rather than overpaying. It's tough to become an elite team without occasionally stumbling on a diamond in the rough. Imagine how different things would have been in the Dirk/Terry years if they had not picked Josh Howard at #29. Two picks this year gives us a great opportunity. We need to hit on a solid rotation player with at least one of them.
DBoys
Starter
And1: 221

Post#44 » by DBoys » Tue Sep 8, 2020 2:45 am

Bluelabel24 wrote:obviously no franchise would want to overpay anyone but it has become a need to acquire a game changer the past years. Its a matter of choosing the right one to "overpay" id share a few names that i think might get overpaid this offseason and next.

Josh Richardson
Bam Adebayo
Davis Bertans
Og Anunoby
Montrezl Harrell
Fred Vanvleet.

I'm curious as to what you mean by "overpay." Are you suggesting all of these players are the same caliber and will get the same offers? The best path to take always depends on (a) what is truly available, and (b) what the alternatives might be for the same money.

I don't think those players are the same value, or cost. Not even close.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,001

Post#45 » by Mr B » Tue Sep 8, 2020 2:50 am

I’d be interested in seeing if they can trade for Lamarcus Aldridge. I’d also like to see them bring in Bogdan Bogdanovic. The moves do not put them over the top but should be good enough to get them to a 4-5 seed. Then see if Dragic will agree to a 1 year deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#46 » by HMFFL » Tue Sep 8, 2020 7:07 am

Mr B wrote:I’d be interested in seeing if they can trade for Lamarcus Aldridge. I’d also like to see them bring in Bogdan Bogdanovic. The moves do not put them over the top but should be good enough to get them to a 4-5 seed. Then see if Dragic will agree to a 1 year deal.

I mentioned Lamarcus Aldridge in the off-season thread.
Low risk, if we can trade for him, but that's a big if. He has openly said multiple times that he would like to go back to Portland someday.

He fits perfectly with what I prefer us to do this off-season, which is, sign one year deals, or acquire talent that are on expiring contracts. Get guys that are proven instead of going with what we've been dealing with on our bench. Play the off-season smart until it's our time to acquire pieces that are worthy of longterm deals.

2020-21: $24,000,000 {Non-Guaranteed}

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Pointguard01
RealGM

Post#47 » by Pointguard01 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 11:11 am

There’s really no trade mechanics that makes sense for Aldridge though. Who are you giving up? What’s San Antonio’s angle?

I’m not against Aldridge, but if they move him they won’t won’t veterans like Curry and I personally wouldn’t give assets for him when he’s 36 next summer.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#48 » by arkuo » Wed Sep 9, 2020 11:39 am

Since there is little to no chance Giannis is leaving, just offer the straight max to Bam Adebayo and force the Heat to match it. Im sure Duncan Robinson will be much coveted by other teams too. And they will be forced to match him again.
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Post#49 » by SOUNDCHASER » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:32 am

Furkan Korkmaz is a free agent in 2021 I want him just to hear the announcers say their names
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Post#50 » by SOUNDCHASER » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:05 am

Reuniting Carmelo with KP might be good for pissing off the Knicks. Starters could be Luka KP Carmelo and THJ if we resign him and do we keep Trey? We could put 4 Knicks around Luka, that would be funny.
Pointguard01
RealGM

Post#51 » by Pointguard01 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:21 am

BAM is pointless to max. Miami will match.

Back to the original topic, OG has been a realistic guy that most of us would love and overpay for. But I think it’s pretty obvious he’s a role player. He can be your 4-5 best player but not your top 3. Would you still overpay for him?

Let’s say it takes 18+ mill/yr for the Raptors to be hesitant/not to match. Would you do it?
Pinkyring
RealGM

Post#52 » by Pinkyring » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:13 pm

Pointguard01 wrote:BAM is pointless to max. Miami will match.

Back to the original topic, OG has been a realistic guy that most of us would love and overpay for. But I think it’s pretty obvious he’s a role player. He can be your 4-5 best player but not your top 3. Would you still overpay for him?

Let’s say it takes 18+ mill/yr for the Raptors to be hesitant/not to match. Would you do it?

No he's a 12m guy and even that's a bit high, like morey said when we "stole" Parsons, you find those type players you dont pay them, id rather draft and develop a guy like that instead of paying him
arkuo
General Manager

Post#53 » by arkuo » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:41 pm

Between Adebayo and Jonathan Isaac, I'd rather max Isaac, who's had a great season prior to the ACL. That seems like the type of 3rd star you need behind Luka and KP. Plays elite defense and can shoot the 3. Andrei Kirilenko basically.
Pinkyring
RealGM

Post#54 » by Pinkyring » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:59 pm

arkuo wrote:Between Adebayo and Jonathan Isaac, I'd rather max Isaac, who's had a great season prior to the ACL. That seems like the type of 3rd star you need behind Luka and KP. Plays elite defense and can shoot the 3. Andrei Kirilenko basically.

Too many injuries for a max
DBoys
Starter
And1: 221

Post#55 » by DBoys » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:10 pm

arkuo wrote:Since there is little to no chance Giannis is leaving.

I think that's too assumptive. I know what Giannis said, but talk can be meaningless. If he means it as strongly as he said it, he will sign a Super-max extension as soon as allowed, and if he doesn't sign, then he really isn't as committed to MIL as it sounded. That window of opportunity will arrive when the 2020-21 season moratorium ends (normally in July, but rescheduled).

There's also this development, which is not meaninglesss (in the wake of another playoff flameout) --

Giannis Antetokounmpo met with Marc Lasry on Saturday to discuss the future of the Milwaukee Bucks franchise, league sources told Chris Haynes of Yahoo! Sports.

The 25-year-old also unfollowed hundreds of accounts on Twitter and Instagram, including the Bucks' account and teammates' accounts.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#56 » by Mr B » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:21 pm

DBoys wrote:
arkuo wrote:Since there is little to no chance Giannis is leaving.

I think that's too assumptive. I know what Giannis said, but talk can be meaningless. If he means it as strongly as he said it, he will sign a Super-max extension as soon as allowed, and if he doesn't sign, then he really isn't as committed to MIL as it sounded. That window of opportunity will arrive when the 2020-21 season moratorium ends (normally in July, but rescheduled).

There's also this development, which is not meaninglesss (in the wake of another playoff flameout) --

Giannis Antetokounmpo met with Marc Lasry on Saturday to discuss the future of the Milwaukee Bucks franchise, league sources told Chris Haynes of Yahoo! Sports.

The 25-year-old also unfollowed hundreds of accounts on Twitter and Instagram, including the Bucks' account and teammates' accounts.

The Bucks need to either make some trades this off season and will need to make it to the Finals for him to stay in Milwaukee. They should be trying to get Jrue Holiday on their team.

TingusP
Ballboy
And1: 16

Re: Who'd you rather 

Post#57 » by TingusP » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:00 am

Mr B wrote:The Bucks need to either make some trades this off season and will need to make it to the Finals for him to stay in Milwaukee. They should be trying to get Jrue Holiday on their team.

I can't imagine they have the assets to land Jrue. They're in a really tough spot right now. Basically hoping that Giannis takes the Dame route and prioritizes loyalty above all.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#58 » by Mr B » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:17 pm

TingusP wrote:
Mr B wrote:The Bucks need to either make some trades this off season and will need to make it to the Finals for him to stay in Milwaukee. They should be trying to get Jrue Holiday on their team.

I can't imagine they have the assets to land Jrue. They're in a really tough spot right now. Basically hoping that Giannis takes the Dame route and prioritizes loyalty above all.

I honestly have no idea what it would take for the Bucks to get Jrue. I just think Giannis would really benefit from playing with a playmaking PG. He’d be even more deadly in the in a P&R offense with a play making PG that is constantly setting him up.

arkuo
General Manager

Re: Who'd you rather 

Post#59 » by arkuo » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:44 am

Mr B wrote:
TingusP wrote:

I honestly have no idea what it would take for the Bucks to get Jrue. I just think Giannis would really benefit from playing with a playmaking PG. He’d be even more deadly in the in a P&R offense with a play making PG that is constantly setting him up.

You know how Draymond Green takes off from a pick and roll? He runs down and adds another layer of offense by kicking out and lobbing the ball for an alley oop. I'd like to think Giannis (with his PG skills) can kick out or lob to KP if the door gets shut. It just adds another layer of potency to an already dangerous Rick Carlisle offense. Especially in the playoffs when defenses get tighter on Giannis. That's the selling point of having Giannis flanked by Luka and KP.

Kinda like how Draymond does it. Giannis has to realize he can win with a team and doesnt have to dunk it 50 times by himself.

Mr B
RealGM

Post#60 » by Mr B » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:28 pm

arkuo wrote:
Mr B wrote:
TingusP wrote:I can't imagine they have the assets to land Jrue. They're in a really tough spot right now. Basically hoping that Giannis takes the Dame route and prioritizes loyalty above all.

You know how Draymond Green takes off from a pick and roll? He runs down and adds another layer of offense by kicking out and lobbing the ball for an alley oop. I'd like to think Giannis (with his PG skills) can kick out or lob to KP if the door gets shut. It just adds another layer of potency to an already dangerous Rick Carlisle offense. Especially in the playoffs when defenses get tighter on Giannis. That's the selling point of having Giannis flanked by Luka and KP.

Kinda like how Draymond does it. Giannis has to realize he can win with a team and doesnt have to dunk it 50 times by himself.

That’s exactly how I envision Giannis would fit in Carlisle’s offense with Luka and KP. It’s going to be interesting to see if Giannis decides to stay loyal to the Bucks or if he decides to become an UFA.

Return to Dallas Mavericks