ImageImageImageImageImage

Andrew Wiggins one of Warriors' 'core four' players, Bob Myers says

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Re: Andrew Wiggins one of Warriors' 'core four' players, Bob Myers says 

Post#61 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:50 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:That's probably Bob Myers' way of saying "We couldn't pull any significant D'Angelo trade that would benefit us, and we needed someone to fill KD's role, adequately. So, Andrew Wiggins was our best and only option. Wiggins' contract is *** and he isn't quite on the level of KD, but we're hoping he'll play his ass off this upcoming season so he'll build positive value, garner real interests from other teams, and potentially ship him out ASAP for a quality starter or future 1st round pick. "

My guess is they hope he becomes their ideal quality starter more than they can ship him out for one because the latter is always more expensive in money and assets than the former.
Mav_Carter
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#62 » by Mav_Carter » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:30 pm

there are people on twitter who think Jaylen Brown is more talented than Wiggins... :lol: :lol: :lol:
SF_Warriors
General Manager
And1: 3,794

Post#63 » by SF_Warriors » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:34 pm

Mav_Carter wrote:there are people on twitter who think Jaylen Brown is more talented than Wiggins... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bro, are you on drugs? Brown is already a much better player than wiggins, and he is younger as well.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,899

Post#64 » by whatisacenter » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:46 pm

SF_Warriors wrote:
Mav_Carter wrote:there are people on twitter who think Jaylen Brown is more talented than Wiggins... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bro, are you on drugs? Brown is already a much better player than wiggins, and he is younger as well.

Yeah, I am one of the guys who wants to give Wiggins a chance with the dubs before I call him the worst player on the worst contract in BBall but this guy is going around saying Wiggins is more talented than Kawhi and now Jaylen Brown. :lol:
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,264

Post#65 » by Onus » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:57 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
SF_Warriors wrote:

Yeah, I am one of the guys who wants to give Wiggins a chance with the dubs before I call him the worst player on the worst contract in BBall but this guy is going around saying Wiggins is more talented than Kawhi and now Jaylen Brown. :lol:

I guess it depends on what your definition of talent is. If it's physical tools and athletic ability sure you could make the argument. If it's basketball skills then absolutely not.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 363

Post#66 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:26 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:That's probably Bob Myers' way of saying "We couldn't pull any significant D'Angelo trade that would benefit us, and we needed someone to fill KD's role, adequately. So, Andrew Wiggins was our best and only option. Wiggins' contract is *** and he isn't quite on the level of KD, but we're hoping he'll play his ass off this upcoming season so he'll build positive value, garner real interests from other teams, and potentially ship him out ASAP for a quality starter or future 1st round pick. "

My guess is they hope he becomes their ideal quality starter more than they can ship him out for one because the latter is always more expensive in money and assets than the former.

Agreed. Lets not beat each over something that probably won't happen this time around (Though, this organization has been known in the last couple years to make big trades and acquisitions). I actually did see glimpse of potential for Wiggins in the last 12 games he's played with us. His defense has been decent, but definitely needs to show more consistency and effort on that end. But, overall, I think he'll be a quality starter being the 3rd option on offense with improved defensive intensity.
ClutchUp
Junior
And1: 121

Post#67 » by ClutchUp » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:47 am

This was my favorite performance from Wiggins. Really good floor game.

weekend_warrior
Pro Prospect
And1: 352

Post#68 » by weekend_warrior » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:49 am

I still believe that Wiggins can become a decent starter SF. Probably still not worth the money he's paid, but borderline top 10 SF is within the realm of possibility. He should look much better with Curry and Klay out here. There will be plenty of opportunity to drive to the basket and score or pass out to the shooters. If he can keep up the defensive effort of the first games here, we are in a good position.

We will need another backup ball handler, a backup SF and a 7ft guy to soak up some minutes on center. All of this can be done with our possibilities of #2 pick, TPE (probably they will use only a part of it for luxury tax reasons) and MLE.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#69 » by Scoots1994 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:12 pm

weekend_warrior wrote:I still believe that Wiggins can become a decent starter SF. Probably still not worth the money he's paid, but borderline top 10 SF is within the realm of possibility. He should look much better with Curry and Klay out here. There will be plenty of opportunity to drive to the basket and score or pass out to the shooters. If he can keep up the defensive effort of the first games here, we are in a good position.

We will need another backup ball handler, a backup SF and a 7ft guy to soak up some minutes on center. All of this can be done with our possibilities of #2 pick, TPE (probably they will use only a part of it for luxury tax reasons) and MLE.

This on the optimistic side of realistic, but I firmly believe the talk of Wiggins being "trash" is wildly wrong ... he's just not great, but he's a much better than average NBA player on the right team and this Warriors team has a reasonable chance of being just that team.
TinoDubs
Junior
And1: 45

Post#70 » by TinoDubs » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:23 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
weekend_warrior wrote:I still believe that Wiggins can become a decent starter SF. Probably still not worth the money he's paid, but borderline top 10 SF is within the realm of possibility. He should look much better with Curry and Klay out here. There will be plenty of opportunity to drive to the basket and score or pass out to the shooters. If he can keep up the defensive effort of the first games here, we are in a good position.

This on the optimistic side of realistic, but I firmly believe the talk of Wiggins being "trash" is wildly wrong ... he's just not great, but he's a much better than average NBA player on the right team and this Warriors team has a reasonable chance of being just that team.

Wiggins is definitely better than any average NBA player but because his salary. If Wiggins is in the 10-15m range, many teams would love to have him.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#71 » by Little Digger » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:34 pm

Wiggins has to hit those corner 3’s..otherwise no, he’s not a great fit ..

I’m predicting he vastly improves and wins the MIP
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,775

Post#72 » by Upperclass » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:34 am

Wiggins is going to get moved very quickly. He's not a fit personality or skillwise. He'll look good in a Rockets uniform though.
vagelis
Starter
And1: 794

Post#73 » by vagelis » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:11 am

So many trade rumors for Wiggins. Every day a site suggests a different trade.
Do you think that they have a source and they are telling all these? Or they just don't like Wiggins and just propose their own trade thought?
The Warriors have multiple times said that they see Wiggins as a core player and a good fit
SF_Warriors
General Manager
And1: 3,794

Post#74 » by SF_Warriors » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:52 pm

Contract aside, I am optimistic that he can be a positive player this season. If he isnt traded, not like we have a choice anyways, lol. If he cant have a good season here I am not sure he can do it anywhere.
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#75 » by jamesnamida » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:45 pm

Literally all he has to do is work on shooting 3s all day and defense to be worth the max contract in our situation ( assuming our core guys are still healthy / good enough to contend).
He just needs to be the 3rd option sf that gets us over the hump to be worth the max.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,893

Post#76 » by Samurai » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:04 am

jamesnamida wrote:Literally all he has to do is work on shooting 3s all day and defense to be worth the max contract in our situation ( assuming our core guys are still healthy / good enough to contend).
He just needs to be the 3rd option sf that gets us over the hump to be worth the max.

Well, he seems to be working on those 3's.

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#77 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:09 am

ClutchUp wrote:This was my favorite performance from Wiggins. Really good floor game.

Funny how we all go "yawn" when he drives right, spins left at the rim and either dunks it or lays it in. I mean any other player in the league that does that as well as he does.

I'm so torn...Wiggins & pick for Giannis..you'd have to do it. But I'd love to watch him run it back with a full squad and Deni/Wiseman.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#78 » by Mylie10 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:18 am

It could go any direction based on the items at our disposal and the need to Improve the roster.

But I expect we are going to see how things play out until the next trade deadline with Wiggins.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,234

Post#79 » by Impuniti » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:25 am

Onus wrote:Steph never makes players better therefore Wiggins won’t improve playing with him

The issue with Wiggins is not going to be scoring. Even in last year's finals with the obscene amount of injuries, the Warriors averaged enough PPG offensively to win it. The current problem with this team is depth and defensive stability.

Can Wiggins offer elite defense? If yes, he would be absolutely massive for the team. If he can actually move off the ball, set screens and hit wide open 3s, then the team's back in business. Assuming Mr. Triple Single looks like an NBA player this upcoming season. :lol:
ClutchUp
Junior
And1: 121

Post#80 » by ClutchUp » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:49 pm

jamesnamida wrote:Literally all he has to do is work on shooting 3s all day and defense to be worth the max contract in our situation ( assuming our core guys are still healthy / good enough to contend).

I don't think it's just about shooting 3's. We have to get him moving without the ball where we can utilize him with backdoor cuts as well. We need to get him some easy buckets also.

Return to Golden State Warriors