GAME 4 Western semis - 6 p.m. TNT

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,385

Re: GAME 4 Western semis - 6 p.m. TNT 

Post#121 » by Roscoe Sheed » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:38 am

playaloc916 wrote:
og15 wrote:One of the biggest downfalls of Jamal Crawford was that if he wasn't hot, he didn't generally contribute much to the game since he couldn't impact on defense, on the glass, or as a passer. Lou Williams while no elite passer is simply much better than Jamal and can still impact in that way if he isn't with scoring. Jamal's playoff career high was 2.7 apg, as a Clipper it was 2.2 apg, it was barely more than what Redick was doing in terms of getting assists.

And Lou has actually improved on D over the years. He's actually a decent defender now. Jamal... not so much.

I wouldn’t go so far as to say he is a decent defender- he is at least not a total liability now which allows him to stay on the court longer
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,385

Post#122 » by Roscoe Sheed » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:41 am

DieHardFan wrote:Zubac impresses me more and more every game. Nice development happening in there and everyone one the team being aware of it.

I’d like to keep Harrell, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the clippers let him walk to open up more playing time for Zubac to develop
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 773

Post#123 » by donemilio21 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:50 am

We are playing really good defense in this series. I hope we'll keep it going. We are making them earn every basket. That wasn't the case against Dallas. We can't do much against Jokic, he is just too skilled for his size, but I love how we have been able to consistently shut down Murray. He is shooting only 37% against us after torching Utah with 52%.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,886

Post#124 » by esqtvd » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:18 am

nickhx2 wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:
nickhx2 wrote:this is what i love about the playoffs in the NBA, or in any other competitive sport, for that matter.

you evolve or die. there is never a road to a championship where the winners don't have to figure something out, both individually and as a team.

Denver kept punching back and the Clippers took them on the chin and just kept jabbing until they built their lead again. They were in control the whole game and were never rattled even when Denver and Scott Foster tied the game in the third.

yup. and this is the kind of stuff that builds that championship mettle (i got it right this time!)

here's the thing that i think a lot of people don't quite realize. it's not just about the team any person is a fan for. there's a team in the other conference thats's going through the same kinds of trials and tribulations. they're getting better because they're learning all kinds of things in the most intense moments. and losing in them. and figuring out how to get better through them.

you gotta fight and develop the tools that teach you how to survive in the end game.

it's why i don't really care for the complaints about how this team should be up so and so much, or have swept, or won more games, etc. if this team was THAT good then they would have swept both rounds already and be 1:2 title favorites in vegas. this team hasn't earned anything. they're still learning how to win and we should watch and enjoy the evolution of a potential champion.

This was a mettle win. A total team win. A KAWHI team win. 30 points, 11 rebs, 9 assists, 4 steals and 2 blocks. And only 1 turnover. And we didn't even notice, he's such a silent assassin.

Everybody finished in the PLUS except Trezz who still scored 15 points and was a mere minus-1 in 18 minutes--and Zu played the other 30 minutes @ plus+12

Perfect coaching. Perfect leadership by Kawhi. Props to Zu for becoming our #1 center and to Doc for growing him into one. And Trezz ain't done in the playoffs, I think. We're gonna need him yet. Zu can win you a won game but Trezz can win you a lost one. Doc has groomed Zu for the former and keeps showing faith in Trezz for the latter.

His faith in both paid off tonight.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#125 » by NippySudz » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:51 pm

Max Headrom wrote:Fat Luka gave up again in this game. No heart
LMAO fat Luka

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Re: "Be Prepared" - Jeremy Irons (Scar, The Lion King) 

Post#126 » by NippySudz » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:54 pm

Wammy Giveaway wrote:If history is to repeat itself, Clippers will defeat the Nuggets, again. But they cannot get ahead of themselves. The last time they did that was in the Lob City era, and they never recovered from that 3-1 collapse. Had it not been for his friendship with Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan would have been on the Dallas Maverick sooner.

Defeating the Nuggets to finally get out of the 2nd round could be key into convincing superstar Giannis Antetokounmpo to join the Clippers. It took making the playoffs without an All-Star, along with a 31-point comeback vs. the Warriors (Clipper's greatest regret, in my opinion), to convince Kawhi Leonard this is the place to be (though it required a trade for superstar Paul George to seal the deal).

If history is to repeat itself, the Clippers will need to face their history. Only from there can they write a history of their own. Without the theatrics.
Kawhi was always coming if Steve balmer was the owner. He didn't only come for basketball reasons but to get stake in the franchise after he retires(tampering but whatever. Everyone does it)

Giannis doesn't want to play with another superstar imo, he seems like he doesn't even like working out with them in the summer time. Would be be keen on joining a team with a player he lost to in humiliating fashion? Who knows! My gut says no.

NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#127 » by NippySudz » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:57 pm

nickhx2 wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:
nickhx2 wrote:this is what i love about the playoffs in the NBA, or in any other competitive sport, for that matter.

you evolve or die. there is never a road to a championship where the winners don't have to figure something out, both individually and as a team.

Denver kept punching back and the Clippers took them on the chin and just kept jabbing until they built their lead again. They were in control the whole game and were never rattled even when Denver and Scott Foster tied the game in the third.

yup. and this is the kind of stuff that builds that championship mettle (i got it right this time!)

here's the thing that i think a lot of people don't quite realize. it's not just about the team any person is a fan for. there's a team in the other conference thats's going through the same kinds of trials and tribulations. they're getting better because they're learning all kinds of things in the most intense moments. and losing in them. and figuring out how to get better through them.

you gotta fight and develop the tools that teach you how to survive in the end game.

it's why i don't really care for the complaints about how this team should be up so and so much, or have swept, or won more games, etc. if this team was THAT good then they would have swept both rounds already and be 1:2 title favorites in vegas. this team hasn't earned anything. they're still learning how to win and we should watch and enjoy the evolution of a potential champion.
Mettle indeed! I'm glad there are a few level headed clipper fans on this board! Jobs not finished yet though. Let's get these boys out of here on Friday! I'm tired of seeing the joker!

Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#128 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:31 pm

Max Headrom wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:Takes that are easier to say when up 3-1.

Nope, I've been confident in this team all year, a couple of bad quarters or games didn't change that 8-)

And that take was posted after being up 3-1.
More credibility if you posted it after Game 2.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,693

Post#129 » by madmaxmedia » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:48 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
madmaxmedia wrote:Ball game

This :D
See you all for game 5.

Or not.

We had some reason for concern there near the end, but luckily never reached full scare or panic mode. 8-)
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,186

Post#130 » by Max Headrom » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:11 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:Takes that are easier to say when up 3-1.

Nope, I've been confident in this team all year, a couple of bad quarters or games didn't change that 8-)

Uh, I've been saying in the game threads that I'm not worried, even after the game 2 loss but nice try...
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#131 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:11 pm

Max Headrom wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:

Uh, I've been saying in the game threads that I'm not worried, even after the game 2 loss but nice try...

Yeah.
Not worried =/= OMG I love the journey (or whatever babble you two were saying up there).

I don't doubt you have overall faith in the Clippers to get the job done.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,196

Post#132 » by Clemenza » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:45 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
DieHardFan wrote:Zubac impresses me more and more every game. Nice development happening in there and everyone one the team being aware of it.

I’d like to keep Harrell, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the clippers let him walk to open up more playing time for Zubac to develop

Don't forget we have Kabengale waiting in the wings as well. Both Trez and Morris Sr. are going to be free agents at the end of the season and I know we want to keep both of them but in my mind I think the front office only resigns one of them with Kabengale filling in the void of whoever doesn't get brought back.

-also its good alot of you understand this is a process and grind to try to win a ring and not a easy highlight-layup drill to greatness. That Clipsfansince98 clown was running his mouth, as usual, on the general board who made a whole thread about PG not scoring enough but at the same time failing to grasp the job he's doing on the defensive end smothering Jamal Murray and the rest of their perimeter players. This is a team learning and growth effort towards hopefully getting a ring with this is all said and done with.. not an individual stat fest.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#133 » by NippySudz » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:51 pm

Max Headrom wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:

a few of us were. We were viewed as ignorant head in the cloud fools. :lol:

I wasn't concerned they'll make it a series. I'm still not.
This was Pre-Game 3:
NippySudz wrote:
Read on Twitter

my mood.

I just hope the clippers themselves don't share the same mood.

I'm glad the nuggets won't lay down. We need the reps for the lakers and even the finals. I'm glad its not easy.

Job's not finished as Kobe would say. Still more work to be done. Lets finish the series game 5 and go on to the WCF 8-)
Max Headrom
Sixth Man

Post#134 » by Max Headrom » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:05 pm

NippySudz wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:And that take was posted after being up 3-1.

a few of us were. We were viewed as ignorant head in the cloud fools. :lol:

I wasn't concerned they'll make it a series. I'm still not.
This was Pre-Game 3:
NippySudz wrote:
Read on Twitter

my mood.

I just hope the clippers themselves don't share the same mood.

I'm glad the nuggets won't lay down. We need the reps for the lakers and even the finals. I'm glad its not easy.

Job's not finished as Kobe would say. Still more work to be done. Lets finish the series game 5 and go on to the WCF 8-)

Yeah, we both were saying even in the loss that even with playing how bad they did and with Kawhi probably having the worse playoff game of his career that Denver poses no real threat. I viewed the the same way I did the Mavericks. They may get hot and steal a game or two but, once the Clippers stop playing with their food and locked in, it's a wrap.

Difference was, they only needed that one loss to snap out of it. Some slips here and there but they've been locked in and playing stifling defense. The offense will come and go obviously but the defensive job they've done this series has been amazing.
Max Headrom
Sixth Man

Post#135 » by Max Headrom » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:06 pm

Clemenza wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:

Don't forget we have Kabengale waiting in the wings as well. Both Trez and Morris Sr. are going to be free agents at the end of the season and I know we want to keep both of them but in my mind I think the front office only resigns one of them with Kabengale filling in the void of whoever doesn't get brought back.

-also its good alot of you understand this is a process and grind to try to win a ring and not a easy highlight-layup drill to greatness. That Clipsfansince98 clown was running his mouth, as usual, on the general board who made a whole thread about PG not scoring enough but at the same time failing to grasp the job he's doing on the defensive end smothering Jamal Murray and the rest of their perimeter players. This is a team learning and growth effort towards hopefully getting a ring with this is all said and done with.. not an individual stat fest.

That dude is soooooooo annoying :noway: :noway:
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#136 » by NippySudz » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:10 pm

The only teams that worry me are the lakers because they have lebron and Celtics.

I feel the lakers don't have better coaching. Say what you want about doc, He's not vogel bad imo. But they have a High IQ player in Lebron james who can make the adjustments in game, so they're worrisome.

With the East, especially the celtics, I feel they have the talent and the coaching. Brad stevens is a better coach than doc and they have multiple guys that can get their own shot.

Toronto is concerning, they have the better coaching, but not better talent. some of the key players on that team regressed from last year. I see that maybe going 5-6 games.

Heat - Again, better coaching, not as talented but collectively they're a team to be reckon with and if we make it to the finals, we shouldn't underestimate any of them. They're not the nuggets. Nuggets I feel are mentally weak. Mike Malone isn't a championship coach. That's just my opinion. as many bad games clippers have blown throughout the season, I've seen the nuggets do worse. Their last year playoff run also showed their mental fragility.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#137 » by NippySudz » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:22 pm

Clemenza wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:

Some fans aren't realistic. I saw him complaining about PG's scoring. How can you score the basketball when you have 4 fouls by the beginning of the 3rd quarter? He had no chance to get in a rhythm. I don't blame that to him shrinking or anything like that. The effort was there, the intensity was there. Its just scott foster decided to play high school prinicipal

Return to Los Angeles Clippers