Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,888

Re: Indiana Pacers Draft Pick Watch Thread 

Post#1201 » by Fotis St » Tue Sep 8, 2020 10:32 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Fotis St wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Do NOT trade the pick. This team needs some young talent.

You can check for yourself, this year the Draft Class is very weak on talent.

There is enough "young talent" that are FA, or in G-League... if this pick is needed to make a trade you do it. I mean Hartenstein is a FA and he is 20. Just be smart on picking up talent through G-League and FAs

Thanks for allowing me to check for myself.

First of all, I kinda like Hartenstein, but why do you assume he'll end up in Milwaukee - when there are 30 NBA teams? One team not interested is Houston, because they waived him on June 23rd. Since then, nobody's been interested enough to sign him. And he's 22; not 20. It's easy to check for yourself.

Second, this is a very weak draft at the top. It's not weak - compared to most drafts - around where the Bucks are picking. There should be several quality prospects available at the Bucks' pick.

Thirdly, getting someone via the G League or free agency should not preclude the Bucks from getting someone via the draft. The Bucks should get more than one new player this offseason.

Thanks for the age correction , yes turned 22 in May ... now name 1-2 better players than Hartenstein at this year #24 where we pick , and don't forget to post their age. All I am saying is that Hartenstein is better at talent or ceiling than anyone we can draft #24 , he has some NBA games in his game, he has put up impressive numbers in G-League. He is ready to contribute day one , I believe he is already better than DJ Wilson and maybe Sterling Brown
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#1202 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Sep 8, 2020 11:35 pm

If a trade is there I have no issue moving the pick, when you're in win now mode you do what you have to do. With that said I actually think this is a really solid role player draft and there should be a fairly early contributor available at the Bucks pick.

This draft is hot trash at the top, like the worst early lotto since the Bennett draft maybe even worse actually.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1203 » by Ruzious » Wed Sep 9, 2020 10:17 am

Fotis St wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
Fotis St wrote:
You can check for yourself, this year the Draft Class is very weak on talent.

There is enough "young talent" that are FA, or in G-League... if this pick is needed to make a trade you do it. I mean Hartenstein is a FA and he is 20. Just be smart on picking up talent through G-League and FAs

Thanks for allowing me to check for myself.

First of all, I kinda like Hartenstein, but why do you assume he'll end up in Milwaukee - when there are 30 NBA teams? One team not interested is Houston, because they waived him on June 23rd. Since then, nobody's been interested enough to sign him. And he's 22; not 20. It's easy to check for yourself.

Second, this is a very weak draft at the top. It's not weak - compared to most drafts - around where the Bucks are picking. There should be several quality prospects available at the Bucks' pick.

Thirdly, getting someone via the G League or free agency should not preclude the Bucks from getting someone via the draft. The Bucks should get more than one new player this offseason.

Thanks for the age correction , yes turned 22 in May ... now name 1-2 better players than Hartenstein at this year #24 where we pick , and don't forget to post their age. All I am saying is that Hartenstein is better at talent or ceiling than anyone we can draft #24 , he has some NBA games in his game, he has put up impressive numbers in G-League. He is ready to contribute day one , I believe he is already better than DJ Wilson and maybe Sterling Brown

Again, if Hartenstein is that good - and I'm not saying he's not - why do you assume the Bucks will get him - when there are 29 other teams that can also get him?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,728

Post#1204 » by emunney » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:37 pm

More importantly, what does getting Hartenstein have to do with a draft pick? You can sign him and make the pick, or you can not sign him and not make the pick. They're independent ideas. One choice doesn't rationalize the other.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1205 » by Ruzious » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:51 pm

emunney wrote:More importantly, what does getting Hartenstein have to do with a draft pick? You can sign him and make the pick, or you can not sign him and not make the pick. They're independent ideas. One choice doesn't rationalize the other.

Exactly. And we need several new players next season - and should look at multiple ways to get them.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,778

Post#1206 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:02 pm

emunney wrote:More importantly, what does getting Hartenstein have to do with a draft pick? You can sign him and make the pick, or you can not sign him and not make the pick. They're independent ideas. One choice doesn't rationalize the other.

emunney wrote:rationalize

emunney wrote:rationalize

Fotis St wrote:

emunney wrote:rational

John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,018

Post#1207 » by German Athens » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:58 pm

I had a dream that we had the second pick in the draft and traded back to 8 to also receive Luke Ridnour. Man. Bucks disappointment is really permeating every part of my existence right now.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,683

Post#1208 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:27 pm

If you need to throw it in to facilitate a CP3 trade, then sure. Maybe even for a guy like Luke Kennard. But I'm not just dumping the pick for some rotation guy or a Joe Harris sign & trade.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#1209 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:32 pm

Why is this draft trash? Why aren't any seniors in college throwing their name into this draft.
emunney
RealGM

Post#1210 » by emunney » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:39 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Why is this draft trash? Why aren't any seniors in college throwing their name into this draft.

If you mean high school guys, there are a few.
Cooleyo47
Rookie
And1: 523

Post#1211 » by Cooleyo47 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:07 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:If you need to throw it in to facilitate a CP3 trade, then sure. Maybe even for a guy like Luke Kennard. But I'm not just dumping the pick for some rotation guy or a Joe Harris sign & trade.

Would love to acquire Kennard.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1212 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:44 pm

What do you guys think about Isaiah Stewart?
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Post#1213 » by tski1972 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:53 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:What do you guys think about Isaiah Stewart?

He isn't European. :D
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1214 » by Ruzious » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:24 pm

Good player built like a brick wall, but I don't think bigs like him are in fashion anymore.
emunney
RealGM

Post#1215 » by emunney » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:03 pm

Super strong. Good touch. No other skill, bad feet. Will be a rebounder and midrange spotup guy.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Post#1216 » by tski1972 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:15 pm

Since were talking bigs, what about Zeke Nnaji?
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#1217 » by machu46 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:22 pm

He's from my hometown so I'm rooting for him but I don't really have much faith in him as an NBA prospect personally.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#1218 » by Badgerlander » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:21 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Really hope that we don’t trade the pick
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#1219 » by M-C-G » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:12 pm

I want a lethal 3 pt shooter that can play at least average team defense. I don't know if I even care what position.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1220 » by Chuck Diesel » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:03 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Return to Milwaukee Bucks