ImageImageImage

Draft Big Boards -- Put Up or Shut Up (2018)

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Re: Draft Big Boards -- Put Up or Shut Up (2018) 

Post#41 » by Sixerscan » Thu May 2, 2019 5:58 pm

youngcrev wrote:
76ciology wrote:Btw, looking at the 2015 draft. Man that draft sucks

KAT, Porzingis, Booker, Russell, Turner, Richardson... I've seen worse. Definitely a lot of flat out busts though

Yeah and most of those guys had apparent talent.

I’d consider a draft like 2013 to be much worse. Like yeah Giannis and Gobert became good players but that’s because of atypical improvement no one saw coming. You can’t draft for that to a large extent. Yeah they get credit for scouting and everything but also the Bucks would be the first to tell you how lucky they got.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,667

Post#42 » by Negrodamus » Thu May 2, 2019 6:24 pm

I'd love to do this again, but I'm not sure there is as much interest in this draft due to us being in the mid 20s.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,444

Post#43 » by youngcrev » Thu May 2, 2019 6:40 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
76ciology wrote:Btw, looking at the 2015 draft. Man that draft sucks

KAT, Porzingis, Booker, Russell, Turner, Richardson... I've seen worse. Definitely a lot of flat out busts though

Yeah and most of those guys had apparent talent.

I’d consider a draft like 2013 to be much worse. Like yeah Giannis and Gobert became good players but that’s because of atypical improvement no one saw coming. You can’t draft for that to a large extent. Yeah they get credit for scouting and everything but also the Bucks would be the first to tell you how lucky they got.

Right. It's not like they had Giannis number 1 on their board or something. It's a combination of good scouting and being lucky that nobody they liked more dropped to them.
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#44 » by Black Mage » Sat May 11, 2019 2:36 am

Negrodamus wrote:I'd love to do this again, but I'm not sure there is as much interest in this draft due to us being in the mid 20s.

This is a hugely important draft. We are about to exhaust all cap space and will need cheap players to fill out a bench. Nailing these late picks is how Spurs kept a dynasty going for 20 years.

Beyond draft board I am thinking what should Sixers draft strategy be. One set rule should be no big men. Brow. Refuses to play them and wants a vet with experience and defensive awareness. I think this draft Sixers MUST use all picks on guards and wings or trade a pick for future assets.
eagereyez
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,462

Post#45 » by eagereyez » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:39 pm

So we've reached the end of year 2 (regular season) for this draft class. Doncic put even more distance between himself and the others. Young is probably the second best. After those two it's a toss-up between SGA, Ayton, and Jackson. Bagley's been injured and MPJ is coming back from injury, so those two are still relatively unknown. Overall this draft class is looking really good. I just wish the Sixers had either kept Bridges or drafted SGA/MPJ. :nonono:
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,345

Post#46 » by 76ciology » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:10 pm

76ciology wrote:
eagereyez wrote:At the end of year 1, Doncic has been head and shoulders better than his peers. He would clearly go #1 in a re-draft.

It was obvious in hindsight too. He's a Euroleague MVP at 19 years old and outplayed his veteran and former NBA All-Star teammate Goran Dragic. He can shoot, pass, dribble, and is a crafty defender. But he can't jump high or run fast, so he was underrated.

From what ive seen, drafting bigs early on the draft is not a good idea unless you’re talking about a generational big. What made Ayton not a generational big, is theres no generational big with a questionable defense coming to the draft.

If i have to redraft everything from 2013, I wouldnt draft wings and specially guards who have fundamental flaws with their shooting and non generational bigs.

I’ll still have this mindset going to this upcoming draft and in the future.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,056

Post#47 » by sixers hoops » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:18 pm

Stribor wrote:1. Doncic
2. Young
3. Bamba
4. Mikal Bridges
5. Miles Bridges
6. JJJ
7. Porter
8. Carter
9. Knox
10. Ayton
11. Bagley
12. Sexton
13. SGA
14. Musa
15. Walker

I am low on all the big that did not show much of defense and/or can not shoot, but for big defense is my number one trait to look...

Just identifying the two biggest stars is pretty good call.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,667

Post#48 » by Negrodamus » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:48 pm

Bamba really had us all tricked. Hitting threes in his predraft workout with at 7’8(?) wingspan has us mesmerized.
ZarcMumoff
Lead Assistant
And1: 483

Post#49 » by ZarcMumoff » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:51 pm

I didn't post it here, but this was mine right before the draft:
1. Luka Doncic
2. DeAndre Ayton
3. Jaren Jackson
4. Mo Bamba
5. Mikal Bridges
6. Wendell Carter
7. Trae Young
8. Marvin Bagley
9. Elie Okobo
10. Kevin Knox
11. SGA
12. Michael Porter Jr
13. Miles Bridges
14. Zhaire Smith
15. Lonnie Walker

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. I still have faith in Okobo, though it's clear his peak isn't as a starting guard.
2. Knox ending up with the Knicks was so bad for him.
3. Honestly surprised I had SGA that low. I thought I liked him more than No. 11.
Stribor
Pro Prospect
And1: 483

Post#50 » by Stribor » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:38 pm

sixers hoops wrote:
Stribor wrote:1. Doncic
2. Young
3. Bamba
4. Mikal Bridges
5. Miles Bridges
6. JJJ
7. Porter
8. Carter
9. Knox
10. Ayton
11. Bagley
12. Sexton
13. SGA
14. Musa
15. Walker

I am low on all the big that did not show much of defense and/or can not shoot, but for big defense is my number one trait to look...

Just identifying the two biggest stars is pretty good call.

Thanks, though it is just luck. Previous draft I had completely terrible :D. In general I like developed skills in small players and defense in big ...

Return to Philadelphia 76ers