ImageImageImageImageImage

Why do we need another star?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,133

Re: Why do we need another star? 

Post#21 » by Onus » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:22 am

Little Digger wrote:Wiggins has to make the 3 ball ...Same with Paschall..they better be putting in the work

Key to the 21 season..

I really like the potential of both those players..in fact I’d take a 25 year old Wiggins at #2 in the 2020 draft ....and old man Paschall top 8..I know that’s not saying all that much considering how sh*tty the draft class is..but still

Who would you take over Wiggins in this draft?
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#22 » by Little Digger » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:23 am

Onus wrote:
Little Digger wrote:Wiggins has to make the 3 ball ...Same with Paschall..they better be putting in the work

Key to the 21 season..

I really like the potential of both those players..in fact I’d take a 25 year old Wiggins at #2 in the 2020 draft ....and old man Paschall top 8..I know that’s not saying all that much considering how sh*tty the top of this draft class is..but still

Who would you take over Wiggins in this draft?
actually nobody..
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#23 » by Phase 3 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:36 am

I’d love another star that fits*....Giannis, for example.

The Warriors were a couple bad injuries away from 3-peating with a team built on stars with a pretty crappy bench.

I love having a good bench. But being able to put Curry, Klay, KD, and Dray on the court together is what made the Warriors virtually unbeatable.

The NBA is a star driven league. Always has been. Build with stars and vets will sign on to ring chase off the bench.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#24 » by jason bourne » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:59 am

Onus wrote:Who would you take over Wiggins in this draft?

Wiggins is a definite SF wing with 6'8" height, 194 lbs, and 6'11" wingspan according to draft express when he came out. That's tough to match in this draft. Wiggins isn't somebody that a reviewer isn't trying to pump up. He passes the eye test. Where we find problems is his performance over the years at Minnesota. He had a nice rookie year there.

Thus, I can't find a SF like Wiggins in the draft, but I do find a SG who can match and even surpass him and that is Anthony Edwards from all the videos and reviews I've experienced. Just because of what I've seen of Wiggins in Minnesota which is a downgrade, I have put Anthony Edwards ahead of him.

As for LaMelo, I have put him ahead of Wiggins, too, because he's got size for a pure PG and is probably the tallest and best passing PG in the draft. He can see things on the court develop before others. He's also had huge impressive HS games as well as played professionally already. He close to an American experiencing what Luka Doncic experienced since age 15. Is it fair to put LaMelo ahead of Andrew Wiggins during his draft? Yes, because Wiggins did not have the pro experience. Maybe you can compare him to LaMelo after he won ROY. How about Anthony Edwards? I think Edwards is better on offense and 3-pt shooting than Wiggins. Wiggins has more potential than Edwards as a SF, but Edwards may be the better SG in the makings at the NBA level. Thus, he's better in terms of potential than Wiggins. Wiggins is the better prospect in terms of physicality. His weakness came with his b-ball IQ.

Can Wiggins turn it around with the Warriors and their starters? I don't know since his performance was tainted as he developed. No question, his rookie year made him more promising so he can be placed in the top 3 of this year's draft. With his measurements, he may be #1, too. He was touted as Vince Carter/Rudy Gay, but his development pulled him down, so it's tough to put him in the top 3.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,452

Post#25 » by whocurrz » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:02 am

Phase 3 wrote:I’d love another star that fits*....Giannis, for example.

The Warriors were a couple bad injuries away from 3-peating with a team built on stars with a pretty crappy bench.

I love having a good bench. But being able to put Curry, Klay, KD, and Dray on the court together is what made the Warriors virtually unbeatable.

The NBA is a star driven league. Always has been. Build with stars and vets will sign on to ring chase off the bench.

Getting KD with those guys was due to a salary cap spike and Curry being on a small contract and Iguodala making small money too. It was the perfect storm. Much tougher now.

Unless we nail our pick, Minnesota sucks and Wiggins balls out, we’d have to lose a core piece to get a Giannis. Getting an Iguodala replacement with the TPE is more realistic. After watching that series I want Marcus Smart on this team for that role so bad.
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."

Return to Golden State Warriors