TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Re: Game 5 Western semis - 3:30pm ESPN 

Post#181 » by TheNewEra » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:17 am

esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
Read on Twitter

again, if you're just ignoring this, you're just willfully being ignorant. You don't want to see that Trezz can't play long mins in deep playoff runs. He can't. He's not draymond green, a top quality defender and he's not a guy who can shoot the ball or rebound at a good clip. He's an energy guy. Which still has a place but you have to know when to use him and when to yank him.

Trezz only played 16 minutes tonight after averaging 28 in the regular season. Zu played 32 after averaging only 18. Russo doesn't even have a gig working for free at Clippers Nation anymore. I like the stats he unearths but his opinions are meh.

We did not lose this game at the 5.

You know you love these stats and tonight wasn’t completely on Harrell but there is a trend. If Harrell isn’t scoring at a high level he has little use on the floor with his size and if he can’t get going with the starters it’s even worse
JazzfaninCO
Freshman
And1: 26

Post#182 » by JazzfaninCO » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:18 am

Max Headrom wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:How is that not a double T???
Reputation I'm guessing. Here needs to calm down because 7th technical he gets suspended

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

But he responded to Millsap shoving him :noway:
He threw an elbow and then tried to start a fight after Millsap rightfully responded. Stop being casual. And it sparked the Nuggets. This is what I’m worried about guys. You have PatBev and PG crying about the officials, you have Marcus Morris starting fights with Paul Millsap of all people, and then Harrell, Morris, and PatBev out there trash talking against a soft team that probably wasn’t a top 10 playoff team if we are being honest. This is the definition of SOFT.

Saying Lakers in 5 now to hopefully jinx them but I’m worried. We need Clips!
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#183 » by TheNewEra » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:19 am

LamarWho wrote:We need to accept the fact that we no longer are the deepest team in the league. Lou/Trezz are not the same players in the bubble, they won't give you 36pts a game. We have an average bench at best at this point.

This has been a sad truth. Didn’t think they would dominate but our bench has been horrible and what’s worse because the way it’s configured the one player who was knocking down shots in Reggie Jackson is out of the rotation
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#184 » by NippySudz » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:22 am

TheNewEra wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
Read on Twitter

again, if you're just ignoring this, you're just willfully being ignorant. You don't want to see that Trezz can't play long mins in deep playoff runs. He can't. He's not draymond green, a top quality defender and he's not a guy who can shoot the ball or rebound at a good clip. He's an energy guy. Which still has a place but you have to know when to use him and when to yank him.

Trezz only played 16 minutes tonight after averaging 28 in the regular season. Zu played 32 after averaging only 18. Russo doesn't even have a gig working for free at Clippers Nation anymore. I like the stats he unearths but his opinions are meh.

We did not lose this game at the 5.

You know you love these stats and tonight wasn’t completely on Harrell but there is a trend. If Harrell isn’t scoring at a high level he has little use on the floor with his size and if he can’t get going with the starters it’s even worse

He just disparages any stat he doesn't agree with and attempts to explain it away each time with no conclusive or convincing evidence to suggest other wise. I don't get it.

It's fair to say Trezz can't be a big time player in the playoffs for this team. It's not a knock on trezz as a human or a player. It's just about stylistic match ups and his production as well. Right now, he's not producing. I understand giving him some mins to not erode his confidence, but at the same time, you have to close this series out. Its just about the nuggets right now.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,156

Post#185 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:22 am

JazzfaninCO wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:
NippySudz wrote:Reputation I'm guessing. Here needs to calm down because 7th technical he gets suspended

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

He threw an elbow and then tried to start a fight after Millsap rightfully responded. Stop being casual. And it sparked the Nuggets. This is what I’m worried about guys. You have PatBev and PG crying about the officials, you have Marcus Morris starting fights with Paul Millsap of all people, and then Harrell, Morris, and PatBev out there trash talking against a soft team that probably wasn’t a top 10 playoff team if we are being honest. This is the definition of SOFT.

Why is this guy allowed to troll our board after every loss without being banned?
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#186 » by NippySudz » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:23 am

TheNewEra wrote:
LamarWho wrote:We need to accept the fact that we no longer are the deepest team in the league. Lou/Trezz are not the same players in the bubble, they won't give you 36pts a game. We have an average bench at best at this point.

This has been a sad truth. Didn’t think they would dominate but our bench has been horrible and what’s worse because the way it’s configured the one player who was knocking down shots in Reggie Jackson is out of the rotation

reg by all advance metrics was the worst playoff defender in the bubble. I get the move. if the rotations are tighter, we win. It really is as simple as that. No need to complicate this issue. Trezz played too long. Leonard need to go back in there with zu earlier and we win the game. We didn't have enough time.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#187 » by NippySudz » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:26 am

Never too high on wins, never too low on losses. On to the next one. Good night clipper lads
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#188 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:28 am

Read on Twitter

And people are still defending Doc.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#189 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:33 am

Read on Twitter

So Game 7 is already pretty much a lock.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#190 » by mttwlsn16 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:36 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
Read on Twitter

Whine some more. Please.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,880

Post#191 » by esqtvd » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:36 am

TheNewEra wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
Bad game indeed but he showed effort at least. We were up 13 when he left the game and down 6 when he came back. Even in a bad game he had zero to do with this loss

Zu's been fine, and finished plus+5. Why is somebody always to blame? He played 32 minutes, which is about his limit. 5 points, 9 rebs. That's about all you can reasonably ask. He got stuffed a couple times and had a few trickle out, and so was only 2-8 from the field. He probably needs to go stronger to the hole, and maybe more vicious going for rebounds, so hopefully he'll play a little angrier on Sunday.

Blow a 13 point lead in a close out there needs to be some accountability. Zu was off but when his feet were on that court he was working doing the little things on and off the ball to help. We have to find a way around the Harrell minutes I don’t care if it makes him walk away we need to make it to the conference finals at least

Accountability? Or blame? Is every loss attributable to one element or one player? And always the coach??

Trezz only played 16 minutes, Zubac 32. Again, I question the narrative that something should have or could have been done differently that would have affected the outcome. As they say in science, correlation is not cause. Hey, I'm Joe Plus-Minus but I'm the first to admit it doesn't explain everything. Did Doc stick with Trezz too long--trying to get him back into form for the next round? OK, let's say he did. With perfect hindsight, it's easy to say he did.

Would playing Zubac 36 minutes and Trezz 12 have won the game for us? No, I don't think so. We were not bleeding points because of the lack of rim protection. The problem was elsewhere.

I think Quake is right--and Doc admitted it and so did Kawhi--we lost our cool. That was a team thing. Every team has a collective soul and ours just got kicked in the hiney. This team keeps saying it, but they keep forgetting that we haven't won anything yet. Emotionally, this team is still a teenager, and no amount of yelling from Papa Doc is gonna teach them what they need to learn from experience.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,186

Post#192 » by Max Headrom » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:46 am

We have one player on the team that's ever won a championship. This isn't a championship team, this is a team learning to become a championship team. They were never gonna run through the playoffs but I guess that's what some people thought
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#193 » by esqtvd » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:47 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
JazzfaninCO wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:

Why is this guy allowed to troll our board after every loss without being banned?

irony-proof :lol:
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#194 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:47 am

mttwlsn16 wrote:Whine some more. Please.

If you're not "whining" about this disgraceful performance, you're not a fan.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#195 » by esqtvd » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:48 am

mttwlsn16 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
Read on Twitter

Whine some more. Please.

Are we having fun yet?
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#196 » by TheNewEra » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:48 am

NippySudz wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:

reg by all advance metrics was the worst playoff defender in the bubble. I get the move. if the rotations are tighter, we win. It really is as simple as that. No need to complicate this issue. Trezz played too long. Leonard need to go back in there with zu earlier and we win the game. We didn't have enough time.

Hard to believe Reggie did worse than Trez but he was pretty awful as well with effort. This all so discouraging that all of our bench players are in scoring slumps all at once.

Like damn even Bev scored double digits to make up for Zu off game and we still broke down with no bench support
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#197 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:49 am

Max Headrom wrote:We have one player on the team that's ever won a championship. This isn't a championship team, this is a team learning to become a championship team. They were never gonna run through the playoffs but I guess that's what some people thought

This is a BS excuse. We were up 16 with the superior roster. No excuses for not closing it out, period. Other teams do it just fine, but not the Clippers. We ALWAYS have to see heartbreaking chokejobs, ALWAYS.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#198 » by TheNewEra » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:51 am

Max Headrom wrote:We have one player on the team that's ever won a championship. This isn't a championship team, this is a team learning to become a championship team. They were never gonna run through the playoffs but I guess that's what some people thought

Blowing multiple big leads to close out games isn’t exactly something that’s part of the growing procedure. This team still has to work on execution and still needs to find its late rotation to close out games. Lakers are not going to let us get away with these collapses
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#199 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:54 am

Read on Twitter

Tell me more about how it's the fans' fault for expecting too much.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#200 » by mttwlsn16 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:55 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:Whine some more. Please.

If you're not "whining" about this disgraceful performance, you're not a fan.
It's annoying, sure. Still up 3-2. Still have the best player in the league. Still not the slightest bit concerned. Dry your eyes, grow a pair and move on. No point in dwelling over it.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers