esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,805

Re: Game 5 Western semis - 3:30pm ESPN 

Post#201 » by esqtvd » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:12 am

NippySudz wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

Trezz only played 16 minutes tonight after averaging 28 in the regular season. Zu played 32 after averaging only 18. Russo doesn't even have a gig working for free at Clippers Nation anymore. I like the stats he unearths but his opinions are meh.

We did not lose this game at the 5.

You know you love these stats and tonight wasn’t completely on Harrell but there is a trend. If Harrell isn’t scoring at a high level he has little use on the floor with his size and if he can’t get going with the starters it’s even worse

He just disparages any stat he doesn't agree with and attempts to explain it away each time with no conclusive or convincing evidence to suggest other wise. I don't get it.

It's fair to say Trezz can't be a big time player in the playoffs for this team. It's not a knock on trezz as a human or a player. It's just about stylistic match ups and his production as well. Right now, he's not producing. I understand giving him some mins to not erode his confidence, but at the same time, you have to close this series out. Its just about the nuggets right now.

You missed the point completely.

I'm not disparaging any stat--Trezz is clearly still struggling and the key stat that disproves the whole Doc Derangement Syndrome narrative is minutes per game--Zubac is now our #1 center and Trezz is the backup. Zu played the first 11 minutes before Trezz came in!!

Doc Rivers is a player's coach. He does not give up on his people. He believes the game is played by human beings, and whatever team plays the best is the one that wins. Not Xs and Os, not schemes, not stats. Human beings.

Both Zu AND Trezz have thanked Doc for the faith he has shown in them. Both players were thrown away by the teams that drafted them, and now Trezz is a 6MOY and Zu is the #1 center on what may be a championship team.

And to return to the actual point, we did not lose Game 5 because of our centers. The entire narrative of Zu vs Trezz vs Doc is BS. That's Justin Russo and Tomer and Jovan and all the rest just regurgitating the same sportswriter BS back and forth.

I don't expect anybody to listen to Doc's BS. The best coaches are politicians, not scientists. Listen to Kawhi, what he says and what he doesn't. :wink:
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,258

Post#202 » by nickhx2 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:13 am

what's up i just got back online did we win what are we talking about here, guys
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#203 » by nickhx2 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:16 am

why did everyone quiet all of a sudden
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,157

Post#204 » by Max Headrom » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:16 am

nickhx2 wrote:what's up i just got back online did we win what are we talking about here, guys

The usual, we lose and a couple of posters in their "told you so" mode
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#205 » by esqtvd » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:32 am

TheNewEra wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
This has been a sad truth. Didn’t think they would dominate but our bench has been horrible and what’s worse because the way it’s configured the one player who was knocking down shots in Reggie Jackson is out of the rotation

reg by all advance metrics was the worst playoff defender in the bubble. I get the move. if the rotations are tighter, we win. It really is as simple as that. No need to complicate this issue. Trezz played too long. Leonard need to go back in there with zu earlier and we win the game. We didn't have enough time.

Hard to believe Reggie did worse than Trez but he was pretty awful as well with effort. This all so discouraging that all of our bench players are in scoring slumps all at once.

Like damn even Bev scored double digits to make up for Zu off game and we still broke down with no bench support

Dunno what happened to Reggie. He was shooting 40+% from distance before the shutdown and the Lou-Trezz-Reggie triumvirate was the core of the best bench in the league. Now it's so bad that Trezz' minutes have been cut in half and Reggie is unplayable.

Chemistry is fragile, folks. Shamet is sucking balls too. Lou can't get anything going unless he's playing with the starters. J-Myke is Jekyll/Hyde. We're scrambling bigtime right now. We don't even have a bench, just some guys. :o
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#206 » by mttwlsn16 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:34 am

Starters should play all 48 minutes. No excuse for anything else.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#207 » by esqtvd » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:36 am

nickhx2 wrote:why did everyone quiet all of a sudden

It's all been said.

Trezz sucks
Play Zubac
Fire Doc

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.Repeat.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#208 » by esqtvd » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:37 am

mttwlsn16 wrote:Starters should play all 48 minutes. No excuse for anything else.

:rofl2:

Matt Wilson for our new coach

we'll never lose another game
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#209 » by NippySudz » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:44 am

esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
You know you love these stats and tonight wasn’t completely on Harrell but there is a trend. If Harrell isn’t scoring at a high level he has little use on the floor with his size and if he can’t get going with the starters it’s even worse

He just disparages any stat he doesn't agree with and attempts to explain it away each time with no conclusive or convincing evidence to suggest other wise. I don't get it.

It's fair to say Trezz can't be a big time player in the playoffs for this team. It's not a knock on trezz as a human or a player. It's just about stylistic match ups and his production as well. Right now, he's not producing. I understand giving him some mins to not erode his confidence, but at the same time, you have to close this series out. Its just about the nuggets right now.

I'm not disparaging any stat--Trezz is clearly still struggling and the key stat that disproves the whole Doc Derangement Syndrome narrative is minutes per game--Zubac is now our #1 center and Trezz is the backup. Zu played the first 11 minutes before Trezz came in!!

Doc Rivers is a player's coach. He does not give up on his people. He believes the game is played by human beings, and whatever team plays the best is the one that wins. Not Xs and Os, not schemes, not stats. Human beings.

Both Zu AND Trezz have thanked Doc for the faith he has shown in them. Both players were thrown away by the teams that drafted them, and now Trezz is a 6MOY and Zu is the #1 center on what may be a championship team.

And to return to the actual point, we did not lose Game 5 because of our centers. The entire narrative of Zu vs Trezz vs Doc is BS. That's Justin Russo and Tomer and Jovan and all the rest just regurgitating the same sportswriter BS back and forth.

I don't expect anybody to listen to Doc's BS. The best coaches are politicians, not scientists. Listen to Kawhi, what he says and what he doesn't. :wink:
My bad. I meant to say you're disparaging anyone that presents the stat. Please just stop it. It's ok to admit when the coaching is subpar no different than we admit when players are playing bad.

There's plenty of data points to suggest trezz and kawhi Leonard pairing is not great. That's for the entire playoffs. I know coaching is not just x's and O's but sometime it is. I'm not asking doc to do something drastic. This is one game to eliminate a scrappy contender and the adjustments were poor

Carlisle made adjustments. I said doc was the best remaining coach left in the western conference yet Vogel made the adjustments not to play key guys that's been good for them all year in favor of matchups. I don't see McGee or Dwight confidence shot. They understand their role. I don't think sitting trezz down during a spurt will do the same. He loves his teammates.

Read on Twitter

Your mins per game is just an excuse backed with no evidence. Bring forth your evidence to dispute the overwhelming amount of evidence. Instead of just shooting the messenger for not working for a certain publication

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#210 » by NippySudz » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:47 am

mttwlsn16 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:Whine some more. Please.

If you're not "whining" about this disgraceful performance, you're not a fan.
It's annoying, sure. Still up 3-2. Still have the best player in the league. Still not the slightest bit concerned. Dry your eyes, grow a pair and move on. No point in dwelling over it.
Annoying indeed but back for game 6. We get another crack at it. Team spirits seem to be high. If people want to stay in this I told you so mode so be it but I'm going to try to enjoy the game Sunday.

Our emotions don't dictate whether this team loses or wins. Some fans act like it does. It doesn't.

mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#211 » by mttwlsn16 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:49 am

NippySudz wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:If you're not "whining" about this disgraceful performance, you're not a fan.
It's annoying, sure. Still up 3-2. Still have the best player in the league. Still not the slightest bit concerned. Dry your eyes, grow a pair and move on. No point in dwelling over it.
Annoying indeed but back for game 6. We get another crack at it. Team spirits seem to be high. If people want to stay in this I told you so much so be it but I'm going to try to enjoy the game Sunday.

Our emotions don't dictate whether this team loses or wins. Some fans act like it does. It doesn't.

As a wise man once said, Bingo!

I hate that we play so early on Sunday. NFL week 1 starts at the exact same time. Time to bust out the small TV that's put away in the closet so I can watch both.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#212 » by NippySudz » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:56 am

mttwlsn16 wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:It's annoying, sure. Still up 3-2. Still have the best player in the league. Still not the slightest bit concerned. Dry your eyes, grow a pair and move on. No point in dwelling over it.
Annoying indeed but back for game 6. We get another crack at it. Team spirits seem to be high. If people want to stay in this I told you so much so be it but I'm going to try to enjoy the game Sunday.

I hate that we play so early on Sunday. NFL week 1 starts at the exact same time. Time to bust out the small TV that's put away in the closet so I can watch both.
I love it that it's early won't have to dread on waiting for the game to start like how I did tonight. I have a feeling this team will play very hard. I believe kawhi Leonard will set the pace again and the team will come out with a hot start. I honestly hope we blitz the f--k out of them and light them up for 150 pts like we did the mavs.

PG needs to be aggressive in the non kawhi mins. He was great game 5 but we need to put bastards in foil trouble..play Noah if you need to.

NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#213 » by NippySudz » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:57 am

Have we lost back to back games in the playoffs so far? I don't think we have. Let's not start Sunday.

mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#214 » by mttwlsn16 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:58 am

NippySudz wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:
NippySudz wrote:Annoying indeed but back for game 6. We get another crack at it. Team spirits seem to be high. If people want to stay in this I told you so much so be it but I'm going to try to enjoy the game Sunday.

I love it that it's early won't have to dread on waiting for the game to start like how I did tonight. I have a feeling this team will play very hard. I believe kawhi Leonard will set the pace again and the team will come out with a hot start. I honestly hope we blitz the f--k out of them and light them up for 150 pts like we did the mavs.

PG needs to be aggressive in the non kawhi mins. He was great game 5 but we need to put bastards in foil trouble..play Noah if you need to.

1pm Game 6 and 1pm Vikings Packers. Wish one was a late afternoon start for me haha.

I hope he blitz the fk out of them too, 25 pt lead at halftime, 35 pt lead after 3 and close it out. Though I'm sure doc will single handedly blow that 35 pt lead. Might as well not even watch. Should just give the team participation trophies and let Denver advance.
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#215 » by nickhx2 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:00 am

when i was younger, i used to think that if i wasn't watching the game, i wasn't providing my energy and spirit to the team, and i was only helping them lose, as a result.

i watched like every single game of that infamous season where we went 0 and infinity to start
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#216 » by NippySudz » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:08 am

nickhx2 wrote:when i was younger, i used to think that if i wasn't watching the game, i wasn't providing my energy and spirit to the team, and i was only helping them lose, as a result.

i watched like every single game of that infamous season where we went 0 and infinity to start
Haha. I was debating not watching the game because of the ebbs and flows..I will lose it if we blow another big lead. :(

I think it ends Sunday..we haven't lost two in a row in these playoffs..I hope it doesn't start.

esqtvd
RealGM

Post#217 » by esqtvd » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:15 am

NippySudz wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:

My bad. I meant to say you're disparaging anyone that presents the stat. Please just stop it. It's ok to admit when the coaching is subpar no different than we admit when players are playing bad.

There's plenty of data points to suggest trezz and kawhi Leonard pairing is not great. That's for the entire playoffs. I know coaching is not just x's and O's but sometime it is. I'm not asking doc to do something drastic. This is one game to eliminate a scrappy contender and the adjustments were poor

Carlisle made adjustments. I said doc was the best remaining coach left in the western conference yet Vogel made the adjustments not to play key guys that's been good for them all year in favor of matchups. I don't see McGee or Dwight confidence shot. They understand their role. I don't think sitting trezz down during a spurt will do the same. He loves his teammates.

Read on Twitter

Your mins per game is just an excuse backed with no evidence. Bring forth your evidence to dispute the overwhelming amount of evidence. Instead of just shooting the messenger for not working for a certain publication

You have no message of your own. This Martin to Vaught creature is your best pal when d-bagging Doc. Now Justin Russo's Twitter account is your authority, even though he's a nobody.

Make your OWN arguments, Grasshopper. :meditate:

Jokic is playing over 40 minutes a game. Zubac is not up to that, thus we must get minutes out of Trezz. Doc has almost doubled Zu's minutes [32] and almost cut Trezz's in half [16].

And the central premise is flawed--we lost the game at the 3-point line, not under the basket.

NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#218 » by NippySudz » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:17 am

esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

Read on Twitter

You have no message of your own. This Martin to Vaught creature is your best pal when d-bagging Doc. Now Justin Russo's Twitter account is your authority, even though he's a nobody.

Make your OWN arguments, Grasshopper. :meditate:

Jokic is playing over 40 minutes a game. Zubac is not up to that, thus we must get minutes out of Trezz. Doc has almost doubled Zu's minutes [32] and almost cut Trezz's in half [16].

And the central premise is flawed--we lost the game at the 3-point line, not under the basket.

More adhominems. More deflecting. You never address the points. Don't worry. I won't bother to reply to you anymore since you don't discuss in good faith

Anyway go clippers and let's win game 6

mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#219 » by mttwlsn16 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:18 am

#bringbackvinnydelafricanamerican
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 704

Post#220 » by Captain Ballmer » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:28 am

og15 wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:
og15 wrote:That series will forever haunt us, but this is a different team. This team has much better tools defensively, so that is an advantage, but of course one always wants an up 3-1 series to end in game 5. On to the next one.

Come on.

It's not just the L.
It's the way we lost too.

It felt all too reminiscent. It would be better to get beat wire to wire, hit the showers, come back and try to be better Sunday.

This stings. I truly wonder if we will have the right mental on Sunday.

If they aren't right mentally on Sunday, they don't deserve to be a contender, simple. Luckily this team has no flashbacks of what happened to the other team, I'll wait and see what happens on Sunday. Given up 38 points in the 4th was tragic though.

You are not a contender if you have to do a mental check-up every next game.

This team may not but we have those ugly flashbacks and it stinks. We may win and advance to the wcf for the first time, if this happens I should have a great time. But now i know i wont have that great time, i will just feel relieved that this is over. We are not a contender or championship level team. We just got kawhi
2023 Clippers W/L Count (44-27)
(Russ at bench 35-14)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 3-3
Without Russ 6-6

Return to Los Angeles Clippers