Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: Giannis 

Post#341 » by Mylie10 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:22 am

TinoDubs wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
Mambomuziki wrote:How about Middleton? Atleast we can give Bucks some draft assets 2 FRP except T"Wolves 21 pick which they can use to get CP3, or Jrue.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using RealGM mobile app

Bucks are trying to win they are not taking Wiggins

Warriors fans are missing the picture. The league views Wiggins as extremely negative. It will take at least 3 picks to get rid of him if we aren't taking an equally bad contract back. No single team in this league will take his contract, especially if they are trying to win and compete in the playoffs. We should stop dreaming as if we can just dump him. It's probably this thought process of Bob Myers that put us in this situation, thinking he can just dump Wiggins later. That's not how it works.

No team is going to help us. No team is going to take Wiggins contract and give us better pieces unless he proves he is an Allstar/AllNBA player. Our only chance to upgrade our roster is to Send Klay Thompson or Draymond Green out. We are going to ride with Wiggins next season. Fans as well as the Front Office will have to live with it. We should try and up Wiggins value while we are at it

Totally with you ShayDee. Most W's fans still believe that Mil will give up Giannis for Wiggins and picks, and there is no Zion in the draft this year. Even Giannis is a FA, the Dubs can't sign him either. This is not a KD's case.

The fact that the only way Giannis could come here is by forcing his way here hasn’t changed since this all began.

Not sure while people are thinking any different.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
TinoDubs
Junior
And1: 45

Post#342 » by TinoDubs » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:46 am

Mylie10 wrote:
TinoDubs wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
Bucks are trying to win they are not taking Wiggins

Warriors fans are missing the picture. The league views Wiggins as extremely negative. It will take at least 3 picks to get rid of him if we aren't taking an equally bad contract back. No single team in this league will take his contract, especially if they are trying to win and compete in the playoffs. We should stop dreaming as if we can just dump him. It's probably this thought process of Bob Myers that put us in this situation, thinking he can just dump Wiggins later. That's not how it works.

No team is going to help us. No team is going to take Wiggins contract and give us better pieces unless he proves he is an Allstar/AllNBA player. Our only chance to upgrade our roster is to Send Klay Thompson or Draymond Green out. We are going to ride with Wiggins next season. Fans as well as the Front Office will have to live with it. We should try and up Wiggins value while we are at it

Totally with you ShayDee. Most W's fans still believe that Mil will give up Giannis for Wiggins and picks, and there is no Zion in the draft this year. Even Giannis is a FA, the Dubs can't sign him either. This is not a KD's case.

The fact that the only way Giannis could come here is by forcing his way here hasn’t changed since this all began.

Mil asks for Klay and 3 1st. Would you do it? There is no way in hell that they will take Wiggins. If Giannis wants to go, it has to be before the draft so Bucks will have their choice on the 2nd picks.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#343 » by Mylie10 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:40 am

TinoDubs wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
TinoDubs wrote:

Mil asks for Klay and 3 1st. Would you do it? There is no way in hell that they will take Wiggins. If Giannis wants to go, it has to be before the draft so Bucks will have their choice on the 2nd picks.

No, I wouldn’t add Klay...No way in Hell

The point is, if Giannis says I’m only going to Golden State. At that point the Bucks either play hard ball and don’t trade him and get nothing if he leaves. Or say, we are trading you elsewhere, and he says he won’t go, or won’t resign with the team traded to. Then no deal for the Bucks.

So if the Bucks want something back, versus him leaving for nothing, they are better off taking a trade package from us that doesn’t include Klay. The leverage would be in the Warriors hands.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,881

Post#344 » by whatisacenter » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:08 pm

we're not dead yet!
Read on Twitter
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#345 » by Mylie10 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:49 pm

whatisacenter wrote:we're not dead yet!
Read on Twitter

Not sure this is true until I hear Woj or Shams drop some info.

But it did move a little when I read this.
Khoee wrote “
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,242

Post#346 » by xdrta+ » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:57 pm

Read on Twitter

I wouldn't get too excited, supposedly he unfollowed everyone and is staying off social media. Probably doesn't want to see all the speculation about him after the crappy playoffs.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,881

Post#347 » by whatisacenter » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:01 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
Read on Twitter

I wouldn't get too excited, supposedly he unfollowed everyone and is staying off social media. Probably doesn't want to see all the speculation about him after the crappy playoffs.

I'm just having fun and bumping the thread...I would like it if he came to the Warriors but I don't think their future depends on it.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#348 » by Little Digger » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:03 pm

There’s more of a chance KD will come back to SF
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Mav_Carter
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#349 » by Mav_Carter » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:05 pm

Giannis unfollowing his teammates is big news...every athlete now communicates passive aggressively through social media...
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#350 » by Phase 3 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:19 pm

It’s happening. Giannis will be a Warrior.
Mav_Carter
Sophomore

Post#351 » by Mav_Carter » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:19 pm

I think he's leaving social media...
Phase 3
Veteran

Post#352 » by Phase 3 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:24 pm

From a poster on the Bucks forum:

“Giannis was at Cafe Benelux last night and got into a shouting match with “fans” who wouldn’t take no for an answer regarding taking a picture. Kept saying “he doesn’t owe anyone anything” over and over...”

It’s happening.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#353 » by Little Digger » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:27 pm

Just heard from my warriors source far outside the organization ..Warriors currently have a trade on the table . Marvin Bagley III and the 12th pick for the 2nd overall and Looney

Forget about the Greek not so freeky

With the 12th pick in the 2020 draft the San Francisco Warriors select Patrick Williams
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Mav_Carter
Sophomore

Post#354 » by Mav_Carter » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:33 pm

I just researched the Cafe Benelux rumor...it checks out...
Mav_Carter
Sophomore

Post#355 » by Mav_Carter » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:35 pm

Little Digger wrote:Just heard from my warriors source far outside the organization ..Warriors currently have a trade on the table . Marvin Bagley III and the 12th pick for the 2nd overall and Looney

With the 12th pick in the 2020 draft the San Francisco Warriors select Patrick Williams

I'd do this and then trade the #12 to Boston for #14, #26, and #30...
Phase 3
Veteran

Post#356 » by Phase 3 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:36 pm

Mav_Carter wrote:I just researched the Cafe Benelux rumor...it checks out...

Definitely. Giannis is behaving like a man that’s been in contact with Steph.

This is going down.
Phase 3
Veteran

Post#357 » by Phase 3 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:36 pm

Little Digger wrote:Just heard from my warriors source far outside the organization ..Warriors currently have a trade on the table . Marvin Bagley III and the 12th pick for the 2nd overall and Looney

Yuck. Just draft Wiseman in that scenario.
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 259

Post#358 » by ShayDee » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:38 pm

Are we getting a 2021 pick? If so then I'm down with it, as well as the Boston 14 and 26

Edit: Wait. Bagley and the #2 pick will make the same amount of money so I dunno if I like getting him and loosing looney. And no I do not like Patrick Willimans, the dude cannot finish inside despite being tall and athletic

#14: Saddiq Bey/Nesmith
#26: Desmond Bane
#30: Tyler Bey
Mav_Carter
Sophomore

Post#359 » by Mav_Carter » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:40 pm

#14: Patrick Williams
#26: Nico Mannion
#30: Cassius Stanley

and we get Marvin Bagely who's massively underrated...
Phase 3
Veteran

Post#360 » by Phase 3 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:47 pm

Giannis just unfollowed his Nike rep.

Under Armor has been trying to recruit him over. All the stars are aligning.

Return to Golden State Warriors