Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,898

Re: Game 5 Western semis - 3:30pm ESPN 

Post#221 » by esqtvd » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:28 am

NippySudz wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:My bad. I meant to say you're disparaging anyone that presents the stat. Please just stop it. It's ok to admit when the coaching is subpar no different than we admit when players are playing bad.

There's plenty of data points to suggest trezz and kawhi Leonard pairing is not great. That's for the entire playoffs. I know coaching is not just x's and O's but sometime it is. I'm not asking doc to do something drastic. This is one game to eliminate a scrappy contender and the adjustments were poor

Carlisle made adjustments. I said doc was the best remaining coach left in the western conference yet Vogel made the adjustments not to play key guys that's been good for them all year in favor of matchups. I don't see McGee or Dwight confidence shot. They understand their role. I don't think sitting trezz down during a spurt will do the same. He loves his teammates.

Read on Twitter

Your mins per game is just an excuse backed with no evidence. Bring forth your evidence to dispute the overwhelming amount of evidence. Instead of just shooting the messenger for not working for a certain publication

You have no message of your own. This Martin to Vaught creature is your best pal when d-bagging Doc. Now Justin Russo's Twitter account is your authority, even though he's a nobody.

Make your OWN arguments, Grasshopper. :meditate:

Jokic is playing over 40 minutes a game. Zubac is not up to that, thus we must get minutes out of Trezz. Doc has almost doubled Zu's minutes [32] and almost cut Trezz's in half [16].

And the central premise is flawed--we lost the game at the 3-point line, not under the basket.

Both Zu AND Trezz have thanked Doc for the faith he has shown in them. Both players were thrown away by the teams that drafted them, and now Trezz is a 6MOY and Zu is the #1 center on what may be a championship team.

And to return to the actual point, we did not lose Game 5 because of our centers. The entire narrative of Zu vs Trezz vs Doc is BS. That's Justin Russo and Tomer and Jovan and all the rest just regurgitating the same sportswriter BS back and forth.
More adhominems. More deflecting. You never address the points. Don't worry. I won't bother to reply to you anymore since you don't discuss in good faith

Anyway go clippers and let's win game 6

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Of course I addressed the "points."

And to return to the actual point, we did not lose Game 5 because of our centers. The entire narrative of Zu vs Trezz vs Doc is BS. That's Justin Russo and Tomer and Jovan and all the rest just regurgitating the same sportswriter BS back and forth.

Play Zu
Trezz sucks
Fire Doc

what a bore

Can we have our board back now?
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
MartinRiggs
Junior
And1: 136

Post#222 » by MartinRiggs » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:35 am

Wow,just unbelivable. Again big lead,game is under control and they lost it. :noway:

Monster game from Kawhi but where is that bench,they were useless. Lou 4 freaking points shooting 2/10,6th man ot the year 6 points.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#223 » by NippySudz » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:38 am

MartinRiggs wrote:Wow,just unbelivable. Again big lead,game is under control and they lost it. :noway:

Monster game from Kawhi but where is that bench,they were useless. Lou 4 freaking points shooting 2/10,6th man ot the year 6 points.
The team will bounce back. I think we need to rely on our starters right now..I think Lou plays better with a crowd, he likes to feel that energy the pressure.. I think anyway. We will see..I'm not going to give up on this team. They're right there. Game 6. Let's get it. Let's send a statement and also send the nuggets home.

NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#224 » by NippySudz » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:50 am

Read on Twitter

NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 913

Post#225 » by NickP » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:25 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
Read on Twitter

And people are still defending Doc.

102-100 Nuggets. Clippers climbed back into the game and had Denver on the ropes. The momentum is on our side.
But what does Doc do? He calls a time out to pull Bev out and insert Lou? WTF?
THAT'S COACHING? Lou promptly comes and an air ball. They attack Lou and guess what? Denver bucket. Momentum lost.
The NBA should give Doc a job as full time Activist and get him out of coaching.
dantheman74
Senior
And1: 299

Post#226 » by dantheman74 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:32 am

wow what a meltdown. 38-25 in the 4th. Bev and Kawhi the only guys looking like nba players out there.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#227 » by TheNewEra » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:41 am

Doc really should of used that challenge when Trez got the bad call that sent Jokic to the line. You have to be aware as a coach and stop any potential points from happening whenever you can
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,400

Post#228 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:17 pm

TheNewEra wrote:Doc really should of used that challenge when Trez got the bad call that sent Jokic to the line. You have to be aware as a coach and stop any potential points from happening whenever you can

That or the earlier block call on Beverley against millsap. That was a charge. It played a role in the momentum shifting.

I get it- the refs almost never reverse calls against the clippers- but in key moments you have to at least try
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM

Post#229 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:19 pm

NickP wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
Read on Twitter

And people are still defending Doc.

102-100 Nuggets. Clippers climbed back into the game and had Denver on the ropes. The momentum is on our side.
But what does Doc do? He calls a time out to pull Bev out and insert Lou? WTF?
THAT'S COACHING? Lou promptly comes and an air ball. They attack Lou and guess what? Denver bucket. Momentum lost.
The NBA should give Doc a job as full time Activist and get him out of coaching.

I agree Doc should have kept Beverley in, however Lou didn’t air ball- he just missed the shot. In fairness, sometimes Lou is having a terrible game but still hits big shots at the end of the game
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#230 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:18 pm

I think the team has a resilience in it that Lob City didn't. I think a guy like Pat Bev actually likes being in a scenario like this and likes to play mad/ angry like this. I believe these guys will, on some level, compete like hell tomorrow so this doesn't continue to snow ball into doubt, fear, etc. etc. Like OG said, the defense on this team is much better and I think they can rely on that to help us rally.

Nonetheless, having faith in this team is no reason to overlook obvious flaws. It's clear this team has some maturity and focus issues and berating people that won't swear allegiance to them being invincible aint right.

The way this team loses focus/ discipline....I fear beating the Lakers (if we get to them), that being our championship, and laying an egg in the finals.

My hope is that this gut punch is the true gut punch this team needs to wake the eff up. To stop wasting quarters, halves, possessions, etc. etc. Stop saying all of our failures are okay because he big matchup is the WCF. Each quarter, half, possession, is gonna matter against the Lakers/ Celtics/ Heat (if we get there) and we may lose some even if we are on our Ps and Qs.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,272

Post#231 » by nickhx2 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:20 pm

don't worry, we'll get em next time, boys!
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM

Post#232 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:04 pm

I hope Quake and nick are right.

I take losses like last nights really hard- almost feels like I’m mourning the loss of a loved one.

I think we all have vivid memories of 2015- in fact I was at staples for the game 6 collapse.

They better take care of business tomorrow or I may not survive game 7 I’ll be so anxious
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,179

Post#233 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:01 pm

esqtvd wrote:Play Zu
Trezz sucks
Fire Doc

what a bore

Maybe your favorite coach should actually fix the obvious issues so we don't have to keep talking about them every game.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#234 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:10 pm

Read on Twitter

He's STILL blaming the players instead of himself. :nonono:
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#235 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:12 pm

Read on Twitter

Up and down? When has Trez ever been "up" this postseason? How anyone is still optimistic about our chances this series is beyond me when Doc is making it obvious that he won't change anything.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM

Post#236 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:23 pm

It is very important that the clippers close out this series to show they are progressing as a franchise. If they choke away another 3-1 lead everybody will say “clippers gonna clip”.

Even if they were to get swept in the next round at least they could say they finally advanced to the conference finals. Please win tomorrow!
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#237 » by esqtvd » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:32 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
Trezz sucks
Fire Doc

what a bore

Maybe your favorite coach should actually fix the obvious issues so we don't have to keep talking about them every game.

We lost the game at the 3-point line not at the 5. You're not even talking about basketball, not now or during any game.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#238 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:02 pm

esqtvd wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
Trezz sucks
Fire Doc

what a bore

We lost the game at the 3-point line not at the 5. You're not even talking about basketball, not now or during any game.

Read on Twitter

Keep telling yourself that Trez's minutes weren't the primary reason for the loss, though.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#239 » by esqtvd » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:30 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:Maybe your favorite coach should actually fix the obvious issues so we don't have to keep talking about them every game.

Read on Twitter

Keep telling yourself that Trez's minutes weren't the primary reason for the loss, though.

Keep telling yourself Zubac would have made the difference. Correlation is not cause. Zu was 2-8 and got stuffed by Porter Jr. with a minute left.

The Clippers made 28% of their shots in the fourth while Denver shot 61%. The Nuggets made seven of their final nine three-pointers, including one by Nikola Jokic with 7:06 remaining that gave Denver its first lead in two games.

The problem was no Kawhi. The problem was nobody stepped up. Including Trezz, but not only Trezz.

But with Leonard off the floor because of changed rotations to end the third quarter and begin the fourth, the Clippers’ lead began to falter. Denver rattled off a 14-2 run. Paul Millsap had 14 points in the third quarter for the Nuggets.

But at least you brought an actual argument this time. Good for you.
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,088

Post#240 » by Wammy Giveaway » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:14 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:Even if they were to get swept in the next round at least they could say they finally advanced to the conference finals.

That would be doomsday. The Lakers sweeping the Clippers would mean lots of "told-you-so's" from Laker fans. It would force the Clippers to accept the cruel reality that Lakers own them, with a playoff series win to prove it. Clippers do not want that kind of reputation, not after everything they've gone through in their history.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers