Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Re: Giannis 

Post#361 » by Little Digger » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:00 pm

Steph , Klay and Draymond been talking

Read on Twitter
?s=21
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,137

Post#362 » by wco81 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:35 pm

I don't think they want that many rookies.

They have three second-round picks. I think ideally they want to trade those into a higher pick this year or in future years.

They can absorb 2 rookies probably.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#363 » by ChuckDurn » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:43 pm

wco81 wrote:I don't think they want that many rookies.

They have three second-round picks. I think ideally they want to trade those into a higher pick this year or in future years.

They can absorb 2 rookies probably.

Minor correction - they only have 2 2nd rounders this year (Utah and Dallas’s slots; Dallas has our slot).
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#364 » by azwfan » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:47 pm

Little Digger wrote:Just heard from my warriors source far outside the organization ..Warriors currently have a trade on the table . Marvin Bagley III and the 12th pick for the 2nd overall and Looney

Forget about the Greek not so freeky

With the 12th pick in the 2020 draft the San Francisco Warriors select Patrick Williams

I'd do this and then trade Bagley for Giannis. Not sure why Bob hasn't considered this?? Where's Jerry West when you need him!?
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#365 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:08 pm

someone posted in general area that Giannis stopped following fellow players. Hmmmmm
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#366 » by jason bourne » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:17 pm

azwfan wrote:
Little Digger wrote:Just heard from my warriors source far outside the organization ..Warriors currently have a trade on the table . Marvin Bagley III and the 12th pick for the 2nd overall and Looney

With the 12th pick in the 2020 draft the San Francisco Warriors select Patrick Williams

I'd do this and then trade Bagley for Giannis. Not sure why Bob hasn't considered this?? Where's Jerry West when you need him!?

The Warriors fans would never forgive Bob Myers for mimicking Vlade Divac and passing up Luka Doncic in LaMelo Ball or possibly Anthony Edwards. The latest rumors are from Tom Haberstroh of NBC Sports NBA Insider:

Jrue Holiday - "I think they are going to obviously try to get Jrue Holiday in New Orleans," Haberstroh speculated to NBC Sports Bay Area," Jrue Holiday is an elite perimeter defender, he may not have made All-Defense but I think he is right up there with the best perimeter defenders in the league, and I think he'd be a great fit next to Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson."

He's an elite perimeter defender? Other top players like Steph and Lillard have supported Jrue for his D, but he gets left out of all-NBA defense teams. This is probably because he gets injured. He's a nice passer, nice scorer, and okay 3-ball shooter. OR

Bradley Beal - "Another name to watch is Bradley Beal. Until the season starts in Washington and he's playing with them, I still think there's a chance that the Washington Wizards will listen to offers because I think Tommy Sheppard, the GM there, understands that it's part of the game," Haberstroh expounded. "And with the No. 2 pick in the NBA draft, I expect the Golden State Warriors will try in every capacity to land someone like Jrue Holiday or Bradley Beal. Someone to be able to play in the backcourt with Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson, as they recover from injuries and be the star next to those guys and lead their next phase of the franchise." OR

Pascal Siakam - "I did say it would take a really horrible flameout for the Toronto Raptors for Pascal Siakam to even be in the conversation, "Haberstroh said with a smile."And it looks like this isn't Siakam's best postseason and I think it's increased the odds, very low odds, of Siakam perhaps being on his way out of Toronto. I still think it's a long-shot, but it is definitely better than it was [before]."

I can't see Siakam being available at all as Raptors went to game 7 before being eliminated, but he would be the best player for the Warriors of the above. I'm not sure what would happen with Draymond. I can't see him playing C as he gets older.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/why-jrue-holiday-bradley-beal-possible-warriors-trade-targets-offseason
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#367 » by Little Digger » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:36 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:someone posted in general area that Giannis stopped following fellow players. Hmmmmm

He’s did the same thing last year..
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
wco81
RealGM

Post#368 » by wco81 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:36 pm

Siakam is younger than Holiday and is locked up to more years.

Beal, don't see what he adds to the Splash Bros. Doesn't bring wing defense.

Iggy said on Bill Simmons that Holiday is one of the best defenders in the league.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 360

Post#369 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:03 am

jason bourne wrote:
azwfan wrote:

The Warriors fans would never forgive Bob Myers for mimicking Vlade Divac and passing up Luka Doncic in LaMelo Ball or possibly Anthony Edwards. The latest rumors are from Tom Haberstroh of NBC Sports NBA Insider:

Jrue Holiday - "I think they are going to obviously try to get Jrue Holiday in New Orleans," Haberstroh speculated to NBC Sports Bay Area," Jrue Holiday is an elite perimeter defender, he may not have made All-Defense but I think he is right up there with the best perimeter defenders in the league, and I think he'd be a great fit next to Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson."

He's an elite perimeter defender? Other top players like Steph and Lillard have supported Jrue for his D, but he gets left out of all-NBA defense teams. This is probably because he gets injured. He's a nice passer, nice scorer, and okay 3-ball shooter. OR

Bradley Beal - "Another name to watch is Bradley Beal. Until the season starts in Washington and he's playing with them, I still think there's a chance that the Washington Wizards will listen to offers because I think Tommy Sheppard, the GM there, understands that it's part of the game," Haberstroh expounded. "And with the No. 2 pick in the NBA draft, I expect the Golden State Warriors will try in every capacity to land someone like Jrue Holiday or Bradley Beal. Someone to be able to play in the backcourt with Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson, as they recover from injuries and be the star next to those guys and lead their next phase of the franchise." OR

Pascal Siakam - "I did say it would take a really horrible flameout for the Toronto Raptors for Pascal Siakam to even be in the conversation, "Haberstroh said with a smile."And it looks like this isn't Siakam's best postseason and I think it's increased the odds, very low odds, of Siakam perhaps being on his way out of Toronto. I still think it's a long-shot, but it is definitely better than it was [before]."

I can't see Siakam being available at all as Raptors went to game 7 before being eliminated, but he would be the best player for the Warriors of the above. I'm not sure what would happen with Draymond. I can't see him playing C as he gets older.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/why-jrue-holiday-bradley-beal-possible-warriors-trade-targets-offseason

I was aiming for Jrue Holiday, but seeing our current situation with theirs, don't see it happening. He's got 2 years @ $25 mil. We most certainly will need to give up Wiggins + 2020 #2 pick, but they also have Brandon Ingram at the same position who had an Allstar year. We basically don't have assets to trade and we're not parting our core players.

I'd go the cheap route via FA and just pick up Reggie Jackson for MLE/League Minimum. He'll get plenty of minutes at the 1 and 2 to give both Curry and Thompson a breather. He's hardly having any minutes with Clippers this post-season (Not sure why? Injury? Isn't good enough?). So, I'd think his value is low right now.
ahmetmekin
Pro Prospect
And1: 476

Post#370 » by ahmetmekin » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:27 am

According to Chris Haynes he discussed his future today with ownership.
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#371 » by Phase 3 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:55 am

No leaks about how the meeting went....Giannis definitely put the foot down.

It’s happening.
wco81
RealGM

Post#372 » by wco81 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:36 am

Reggie Jackson had the worst defensive numbers on the Clippers. His minutes dropped off once Beverly came back.

As for the Bucks, one thing they should have done is to keep Brogdon. Not that he would have necessarily put them over the top but they did do better last year than this year.

More importantly, the deal Brogdon signed with the Pacers, which the Bucks could have matched, is tradable. So they could have kept him this year but then tried to trade him for another asset.

As it is, they have no way to get a significant player or assets back without trading Ginnis or Middleton. Bledsoe contract isn't high but I don't know if there would be many teams interested in him until he's an expiring deal. Maybe the Suns would, since they need a PG.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#373 » by Flash Falcon X » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:59 am

jason bourne wrote:
azwfan wrote:

Iggy was on the Bill Simmons podcast last week and when asked who’s on his Mt Rushmore of defenders currently playing, Iggy listed Holiday as his 4th guy.
#DubNation
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#374 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:15 am

Flash Falcon X wrote:
jason bourne wrote:
azwfan wrote:I'd do this and then trade Bagley for Giannis. Not sure why Bob hasn't considered this?? Where's Jerry West when you need him!?

Iggy was on the Bill Simmons podcast last week and when asked who’s on his Mt Rushmore of defenders currently playing, Iggy listed Holiday as his 4th guy.

How would we get Holiday?
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#375 » by Mylie10 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:00 am

I like Holiday, but not at the price he’s cost us.

And Lou Williams said something similar to what Iggy said about his defense as well in a podcast.

But again, the cost is to high for us right now. Maybe in a couple years he’s be a good add.

Let’s stick with using the TPE on a veteran wing with size.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,578

Post#376 » by HiRez » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:02 am

“It’s not happening. That’s not happening,” Antetokounmpo told Yahoo Sports after the Bucks were eliminated in five games in the second round by the Miami Heat on Tuesday night.

“Some see a wall and go in [another direction]. I plow through it. We just have to get better as a team, individually and get right back at it next season.”

You guys are hilarious, 4 days after he publicly tells a reporter that, he's already packing his bags? Come on.
wco81
RealGM

Post#377 » by wco81 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:08 am

Bucks have a lot of older players. Middleton is 29, 4 years older than Giannis.

So Giannis would have to become a great 3 point and midrange pull-up shooter, essentially KD.

Lopez and Hill aren't going to improve a lot. Once Giannis signs his super max, Buck will have to make do with players on rookie deals and vet minimums.

IOW, the top-heavy rosters the Warriors had, though that was after they'd won at least one ring.

Giannis headed for a career like Karl Malone except not sure Bucks can even get to the Finals.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#378 » by Coxy » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:21 am

There’s a thread on the GB claiming that Giannis just unfollowed the Bucks and some teammates on Instagram.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#379 » by Flash Falcon X » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:24 am

If you’re Giannis, at some point you’re gonna look at how LeBron did it.

LeBron left his teams about 3 times and people still love the guy. They still call him the King.

If Giannis forces a trade or leaves in free agency, he’ll be hated for about 2 years then people will get over it.

If he forces a trade to GSW, I doubt he gets the same backlash as KD because it’s not as black and white. KD joined a 73–win team that beat him in the Playoffs; meanwhile most people already consider the Warriors an ended dynasty and I’ve even seen some people claim Lillard is better than Steph. So going to GSW isn’t that cheap of a move if we’re gonna go with all the “wArRiOrs sUcK” narratives the haters have been doing lately. Giannis would be going to a “sucky lottery team.” :lol:
#DubNation
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#380 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:18 am

Flash Falcon X wrote:If you’re Giannis, at some point you’re gonna look at how LeBron did it.

LeBron left his teams about 3 times and people still love the guy. They still call him the King.

If Giannis forces a trade or leaves in free agency, he’ll be hated for about 2 years then people will get over it.

If he forces a trade to GSW, I doubt he gets the same backlash as KD because it’s not as black and white. KD joined a 73–win team that beat him in the Playoffs; meanwhile most people already consider the Warriors an ended dynasty and I’ve even seen some people claim Lillard is better than Steph. So going to GSW isn’t that cheap of a move if we’re gonna go with all the “wArRiOrs sUcK” narratives the haters have been doing lately. Giannis would be going to a “sucky lottery team.” :lol:

I think you're giving NBA fans a little too much credit. Warriors hate is rooted in jealousy more than anything. The video making the rounds of Kerr building up Steph's confidence is exactly why people hate the Warriors.

A segment of the population is drawn to the brute force of "Beastmode" Lebron and hate the contrast of Curry's good nature and humble demeanor. They hate things like hearing that Curry "plays with joy" and they hate hearing Kerr speak with reverence about him. They hate when JVG calls him the NBA's "most humble" superstar.

Some hate that he's light-skinned I hate to say.

Regardless there's enough reasons for angry, bitter fans to hate the Warriors and their charismatic superstar that if Giannis is added he will get crucified as bad or worse than KD. I hope he's ready for it because KD certainly couldn't handle it.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.

Return to Golden State Warriors