ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Speculation Thread - 2020 and beyond...

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,678

Post#101 » by HEATVols865 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:08 pm

Wiltside wrote:
IggieCC wrote:

DoM likes this.

The further we go in the Playoffs, the more money and opportunity you'd have to think is going to come across Dragic and Crowder's desks. Dragic in particular has been massive - he should get some pretty nice offers this offszn. While Gogi is a loyal type and clearly loves being here, you'd have to think the fact we almost dealt him last offszn probably doesn't sit that well with him. I'm super proud of Spo for having the guts to bench Nunn and put Dragic in the starting 5 - old Spo would never have messed with the rotation the way he has in the bubble. That move has been the biggest reason we are where we are right now. Gogi has been COOKING.

Crowder has been so crucial to our success. I'm not ready to say Pat was 100% right in giving up Winslow (what kind of stan would I be if I did), but I will say we are a better team this szn as a result of him doing so. Our depth is our biggest strength, the fact that Crowder has come in and played such a big role has been instrumental in getting us where we are today - we wouldn't be here without the contributions of him and Iggy. Jae, too, will see some solid offers coming his way - will be up to him on whether he takes the cash or sticks with finding a potential home here, but without certainty.

Pat has a big decision on his hands this offszn. I'd hate for us to get 30-11 cute and re-up guys on long term deals because we had a nice run. We need to either go for that final piece of the puzzle, or hold for 1 more year before going all in on 2021. We've come this far...we're so close to being back at the elite level. Gotta execute at every level now.

Bring them all back on 1 year deals or 2 years with team option. I’m ok to overpay next season, but keep our cap in 2021 open

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
HEATVols865
General Manager

Re: Miami Heat Speculation Thread - 2020 and beyond... 

Post#102 » by HEATVols865 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:25 pm

Seabass777 wrote:When I really think about it, if we can't afford Crowder this offseason, I think KZ can really have a shot to fill his role even better, a long athletic ball handling wing that can shot the 3 ball. I think he's gonna surprise us.

All the KZ talk reminds me of the love fest we had for Rasual Butler and James Ennis. Both were ok here but never lived up to what everyone envisioned in a Heat uniform

#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Fire Spoelstra!

HEATVols865
General Manager

Post#103 » by HEATVols865 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:28 pm

KingDavid wrote:We made the ecf, did lebatard do a rant?

I wanna know too

#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Fire Spoelstra!

RonaldSeikaly
Sophomore
And1: 99

Post#104 » by RonaldSeikaly » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:19 pm

Random 2020 thoughts....

I doubt we could come up with a package, but the whale that will be shopped around this off-season is Harden. Rockets look done, and will go into rebuilding mode. Riley being Riley will try and get creative.

At this point I’m not sure I’d rather Jrue over Crowder... especially considering what one would give up.

Beal would take a monster package as it looks like Washington wants to give it one more year with Wall before turning the page.

Blazers are also going to try again, but window is closing on Lillard. He’ll need to decide if he wants to be a lifer or go to a team that can win a title. I only mention him because he’s probably the superstar that fits us best.

Spida is off the table. Would have been another great fit though.

Giannis looks to stay put, and will probably resign a short term deal until cap gets stabilized.

Embiid just doesn’t fit with Bam and I think Philly will see Simmons as the better trade chip. When they decide to break that team up.

I think Dragic will be back, but he’ll listen to Dallas if they make a multiyear offer.

Dipo is not the same player he was, and not worth the kind of trade package he’d require.
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#105 » by Dr_Heat » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:59 pm

RonaldSeikaly wrote:Random 2020 thoughts....

I doubt we could come up with a package, but the whale that will be shopped around this off-season is Harden. Rockets look done, and will go into rebuilding mode. Riley being Riley will try and get creative.

At this point I’m not sure I’d rather Jrue over Crowder... especially considering what one would give up.

Beal would take a monster package as it looks like Washington wants to give it one more year with Wall before turning the page.

Blazers are also going to try again, but window is closing on Lillard. He’ll need to decide if he wants to be a lifer or go to a team that can win a title. I only mention him because he’s probably the superstar that fits us best.

Spida is off the table. Would have been another great fit though.

Giannis looks to stay put, and will probably resign a short term deal until cap gets stabilized.

Embiid just doesn’t fit with Bam and I think Philly will see Simmons as the better trade chip. When they decide to break that team up.

I think Dragic will be back, but he’ll listen to Dallas if they make a multiyear offer.

Dipo is not the same player he was, and not worth the kind of trade package he’d require.

Oof the Bearded on in a Heat uniform, oof
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#106 » by HeatFanLifer » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:35 pm

RonaldSeikaly wrote:

Great post. Wanted to highlight this part cuz I am wondering what team would try to trade for Ben Simmons. I was surprised last year to learn that the dude not only can’t shoot 3’s well, he usually does not shoot them at all. If anyone had a player to build around, would they choose Ben Simmons as that player? I’m thinking Simmons may stay in Philly simply because no one else would want to give up the players Philly would want to trade him for.
OP for NBA FT record
RonaldSeikaly
Sophomore

Post#107 » by RonaldSeikaly » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:41 pm

HeatFanLifer wrote:
RonaldSeikaly wrote:

Great post. Wanted to highlight this part cuz I am wondering what team would try to trade for Ben Simmons. I was surprised last year to learn that the dude not only can’t shoot 3’s well, he usually does not shoot them at all. If anyone had a player to build around, would they choose Ben Simmons as that player? I’m thinking Simmons may stay in Philly simply because no one else would want to give up the players Philly would want to trade him for.

I think Denver would love him, and porter would fit in philly. But he’d fit on most young teams (memphis, nola, Etc) would be very interested in Simmons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#108 » by HeatFanLifer » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:34 pm

RonaldSeikaly wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:
RonaldSeikaly wrote:

I think Denver would love him, and porter would fit in philly. But he’d fit on most young teams (memphis, nola, Etc) would be very interested in Simmons

Yeah I could see non-contenders trading for Simmons to sell more tickets. They might trade some good players too, but not anyone who will put Philly in the position to compete for a title. Simmons was supposed to be that guy. He’s not. Process failure.
OP for NBA FT record
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,212

Post#109 » by twix2500 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:16 pm

Not saying they will make a move but they would be really silly to trade Embiid or Simmons. They were a bounce away from the finals. All they need is for Embiid and Simmons to improve individually.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 6,972

Post#110 » by carnageta » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:38 pm

twix2500 wrote:Not saying they will make a move but they would be really silly to trade Embiid or Simmons. They were a bounce away from the finals. All they need is for Embiid and Simmons to improve individually.

They need a whale who will take the pressure off in the playoffs and score, playmake and defend at the highest level.

They need Jimmy Butler.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,735

Post#111 » by DayofMourning » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:50 pm

twix2500 wrote:Not saying they will make a move but they would be really silly to trade Embiid or Simmons. They were a bounce away from the finals. All they need is for Embiid and Simmons to improve individually.

Team looks a helluva lot different now than it did. They lost a lot of buckets, not just Jimmy. They should try and continue with this group, but they need major hits in the draft now. They have no cap space. Tobias Harris is their highest paid player. Al Horford is their 2nd highest paid player. They're in a bad cap spot.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#112 » by twix2500 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:58 pm

DayofMourning wrote:

Team looks a helluva lot different now than it did. They lost a lot of buckets, not just Jimmy. They should try and continue with this group, but they need major hits in the draft now. They have no cap space. Tobias Harris is their highest paid player. Al Horford is their 2nd highest paid player. They're in a bad cap spot.
So the 76ers should trade their stars and build around Harris, Harford and Richardson? Yeah they screwed up overpaying and adding the wrong role players. But that shouldn't mean move their two stars. If one of them request a trade that's different. They are gonna need to be creative and restructure the role players. Embiid is 26 and Simmons is 24. They have a lot more years left.

Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,027

Post#113 » by Flash4thewin » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:14 pm

HEATVols865 wrote:
Wiltside wrote:
IggieCC wrote:

DoM likes this.

The further we go in the Playoffs, the more money and opportunity you'd have to think is going to come across Dragic and Crowder's desks. Dragic in particular has been massive - he should get some pretty nice offers this offszn. While Gogi is a loyal type and clearly loves being here, you'd have to think the fact we almost dealt him last offszn probably doesn't sit that well with him. I'm super proud of Spo for having the guts to bench Nunn and put Dragic in the starting 5 - old Spo would never have messed with the rotation the way he has in the bubble. That move has been the biggest reason we are where we are right now. Gogi has been COOKING.

Crowder has been so crucial to our success. I'm not ready to say Pat was 100% right in giving up Winslow (what kind of stan would I be if I did), but I will say we are a better team this szn as a result of him doing so. Our depth is our biggest strength, the fact that Crowder has come in and played such a big role has been instrumental in getting us where we are today - we wouldn't be here without the contributions of him and Iggy. Jae, too, will see some solid offers coming his way - will be up to him on whether he takes the cash or sticks with finding a potential home here, but without certainty.

Pat has a big decision on his hands this offszn. I'd hate for us to get 30-11 cute and re-up guys on long term deals because we had a nice run. We need to either go for that final piece of the puzzle, or hold for 1 more year before going all in on 2021. We've come this far...we're so close to being back at the elite level. Gotta execute at every level now.

Bring them all back on 1 year deals or 2 years with team option. I’m ok to overpay next season, but keep our cap in 2021 open

Crowder will want to get paid and Dragic has been drastically underpaid his entire contract because it came pre tv deal. I can see Dragic staying for a one year 25+ mil deal. Crowder might want more stability and guaranteed years so it will be harder to keep him.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,735

Post#114 » by DayofMourning » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:16 pm

twix2500 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

So the 76ers should trade their stars and build around Harris, Harford and Richardson? Yeah they screwed up overpaying and adding the wrong role players. But that shouldn't mean move their two stars. If one of them request a trade that's different. They are gonna need to be creative and restructure the role players. Embiid is 26 and Simmons is 24. They have a lot more years left.

If thats what you thought I was saying, then I guess.

What I was saying was they lost Jimmy, RoCo, JJ, etc. then doubled down by overpaying Harris and Horford. They are in no way the same team who pushed the Kawhi led Raptors to 7 games. They aren't close to being that good AND they can't really get back there unless they have several home runs in the draft because their max contract players are not worthy of that money. Saying they were a game away from the ECF has nothing to do with their current situation.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#115 » by twix2500 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:38 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

What I was saying was they lost Jimmy, RoCo, JJ, etc. then doubled down by overpaying Harris and Horford. They are in no way the same team who pushed the Kawhi led Raptors to 7 games. They aren't close to being that good AND they can't really get back there unless they have several home runs in the draft because their max contract players are not worthy of that money. Saying they were a game away from the ECF has nothing to do with their current situation.
I know they are not the same team. People are suggesting Embiid or Simmons should be traded because of the belief that on the same team they can't win. That's silly, Embiid and Simmons were one bounce away while being under 25 yrs old. Butler was a perfect veteran star to pair them with. But that not the only way they be contenders.

Stars do not have to complement each other, the role players do. Replacing a star is 100× more difficult than finding the right role players even when the team has bad salaries. Biggest obstacle is moving Harford. They may need to trade draft picks are another player to move him, but he can be moved. One glue piece role player can make it all work. Doesn't have to be some expensive player. We seen how Battier and Birdman made the big 3 machine click, we seen how Draymond and Bogut made Klay and Curry start clicking.

Philly new management would be mentally slow if they move those two.

twix2500
RealGM

Post#116 » by twix2500 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:48 pm

carnageta wrote:

They need a whale who will take the pressure off in the playoffs and score, playmake and defend at the highest level.

They need Jimmy Butler.

They do not need a whale lol. :lol:
Jimmy was a good fit because they were still young inexperience and developing player stars. And they both still young that need improvements individually. Get the right role players that will allow them to get the most out of their style of play.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#117 » by twix2500 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:54 pm

HeatFanLifer wrote:
RonaldSeikaly wrote:

Simmons resistance to shoot and Fultz situation were two of the most head scratching things iv seen on one team. Simmons is way too young to be calling him a finish product. Feel im a Philly defender today :lol: .

I would take Simmons or Embiid in a heartbeat on this team. Riles would easily put the right pieces around them.
RonaldSeikaly
Sophomore

Post#118 » by RonaldSeikaly » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:43 am

twix2500 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
twix2500 wrote:So the 76ers should trade their stars and build around Harris, Harford and Richardson? Yeah they screwed up overpaying and adding the wrong role players. But that shouldn't mean move their two stars. If one of them request a trade that's different. They are gonna need to be creative and restructure the role players. Embiid is 26 and Simmons is 24. They have a lot more years left.

I know they are not the same team. People are suggesting Embiid or Simmons should be traded because of the belief that on the same team they can't win. That's silly, Embiid and Simmons were one bounce away while being under 25 yrs old. Butler was a perfect veteran star to pair them with. But that not the only way they be contenders.

Stars do not have to complement each other, the role players do. Replacing a star is 100× more difficult than finding the right role players even when the team has bad salaries. Biggest obstacle is moving Harford. They may need to trade draft picks are another player to move him, but he can be moved. One glue piece role player can make it all work. Doesn't have to be some expensive player. We seen how Battier and Birdman made the big 3 machine click, we seen how Draymond and Bogut made Klay and Curry start clicking.

I think they could win with the right role players. But finding the perfect match is harder because simmons and embiid at thier best occupy the same space on offense. They need shooters and they need a shot creator, and they need to do it without cap space.

they would have a much easier time if they could get a star or a superstar that can do both. Easier said than done, but not impossible either.

It’s easy to imagine a situation where simmons (or embiid) get traded for a star shooter and the guy left behind looks significantly better because they have better spacing and aren’t competing for the same looks. Idealistic sure but if i were a sixers fan that’s what I’d want.

twix2500
RealGM

Post#119 » by twix2500 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:46 am

RonaldSeikaly wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

I think they could win with the right role players. But finding the perfect match is harder because simmons and embiid at thier best occupy the same space on offense. They need shooters and they need a shot creator, and they need to do it without cap space.

they would have a much easier time if they could get a star or a superstar that can do both. Easier said than done, but not impossible either.

It’s easy to imagine a situation where simmons (or embiid) get traded for a star shooter and the guy left behind looks significantly better because they have better spacing and aren’t competing for the same looks. Idealistic sure but if i were a sixers fan that’s what I’d want.

Heat did it without capspace. Wade and Lebron occupied the same space. It is not harder than finding another star.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#120 » by twix2500 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:45 am

talking about dodging a bullet. So glad the Westbrook trade collapsed

Sent from my Google Pixel Slate using Tapatalk

Return to Miami Heat