And1: 29

Re: Official Nets 2020 Draft Thread 

Post#21 » by KJStark23 » Thu Sep 3, 2020 4:40 pm

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,370

Post#22 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Sep 3, 2020 4:59 pm

If we keep the pick, Patrick Williams is probably my favorite target.

Bey is my second favorite and probably the best mix of NBA ready and long term potential.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,423

Post#23 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Sep 4, 2020 5:42 pm

Before the Nash hire, I was all for including our Sixers pick in a trade to upgrade our supporting cast. Now, I would rather use that pick to bring in a role player or a high-risk, high-reward prospect for Steve to groom and develop.

I agree that Saadiq looks like a guy who could plug into a contending rotation right now, and could possibly grow into a stud later. I'm not sure he's the best value at 19, and I feel we really need a young, athletic true PF.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,866

Post#24 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Sep 5, 2020 1:10 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:Before the Nash hire, I was all for including our Sixers pick in a trade to upgrade our supporting cast. Now, I would rather use that pick to bring in a role player or a high-risk, high-reward prospect for Steve to groom and develop.

I agree that Saadiq looks like a guy who could plug into a contending rotation right now, and could possibly grow into a stud later. I'm not sure he's the best value at 19, and I feel we really need a young, athletic true PF.

The mocks I've been seeing have Bey going anywhere from 13-19. I think we might have to trade up to get him. He's the exact piece we need in this line up
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#25 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Sep 5, 2020 1:41 am

I read on Twitter that the draft might get pushed back.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#26 » by Sharcm1 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 12:51 pm

They need a PF. A real one. A big. Can bang in the paint. Can rebound and defend inside and out. We don’t need him to score. Just be able to dunk if he gets the ball.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#27 » by Paradise » Sat Sep 5, 2020 3:16 pm

Sharcm1 wrote:They need a PF. A real one. A big. Can bang in the paint. Can rebound and defend inside and out. We don’t need him to score. Just be able to dunk if he gets the ball.

I don’t think we can get that for the MLE unless it’s someone like JaMychal Green. It’s going to take a premium for a 3&D PF like Millsap.

I think the MLE should go to Tyler Johnson or Melo and we’d have to move Prince to land a big like Ibaka, Horford or Marcus Morris.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,866

Post#28 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Sep 5, 2020 4:28 pm

Sharcm1 wrote:They need a PF. A real one. A big. Can bang in the paint. Can rebound and defend inside and out. We don’t need him to score. Just be able to dunk if he gets the ball.

The league is all about wings and being able to slow them down. Look at Miami.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#29 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Sep 5, 2020 6:41 pm

I think Saddiq Bey, Josh Green, or Patrick Williams.

One of those guys have to be there.

No value in drafting a big or guard. We don't need either.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,559

Post#30 » by DarkXaero » Sat Sep 5, 2020 6:54 pm

I don't expect us to keep this pick, but if we do, I'd want Marks to draft the best player/prospect available regardless of position.
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#31 » by ecuhus1981 » Sun Sep 6, 2020 4:30 am

I'm hoping that Precious Achiuwa drops to us, he would be a great fit for our needs. He can score at all 3 levels, rebounds well, can switch all screens and slide his feet on the perimeter. Guys like him are really useful.
-- Steve Martin
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,445

Post#32 » by Stone » Sun Sep 6, 2020 6:25 pm

I keep hearing RJ Hampton is strong possibility. I'm getting leery of oversea's players we don't know much about.

I see Rodi's brother mentioned as a possible second rounder, also Myles Powell but that was a while back.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#33 » by Prokorov » Mon Sep 7, 2020 5:35 am

we have 2 of those guys already. jordan and allen
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#34 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Sep 7, 2020 5:43 am

Stone wrote:I keep hearing RJ Hampton is strong possibility. I'm getting leery of oversea's players we don't know much about

Well let's be clear, RJ Hampton isn't an International player. He's born and raised in the US of A, he only played overseas last year to bypass college and prepare for the draft. He didn't fare as well as I'm sure he hoped, but scouts hold him in high regard based on his dominant HS and USA basketball career. You wouldn't call LeMelo an "overseas player", and he spent 2 years across the pond.

Though I do believe Hampton could be a decent pro, I'm not super-high on RJ for this team. We're past critical mass on usage-heavy guards already, and we desperately need to draft and develop some junkyard dogs. Not an unskilled jobber, mind you; I want a skillful player, AND a guy who keeps the opposition from attempting physically intimidate any of us. In the biker and military parlance, we need a Sergeant-at-Arms, like Montrezl, OG, PJ, and Bam.
-- Steve Martin
DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Post#35 » by DeRoma » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:28 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:If we keep the pick, Patrick Williams is probably my favorite target.

Bey is my second favorite and probably the best mix of NBA ready and long term potential.

Bey is my guy too.

I think the draft steal for this year is Devin Vassell. He won't get out of lottery he'd probably get picked up around 6-10 pick. Love to have him here rather than LeVert. He can easily be a great 2 way player like PG
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#36 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:34 pm

DeRoma wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:If we keep the pick, Patrick Williams is probably my favorite target.

Bey is my guy too.

I think the draft steal for this year is Devin Vassell. He won't get out of lottery he'd probably get picked up around 6-10 pick. Love to have him here rather than LeVert. He can easily be a great 2 way player like PG

Vassell is also a very interesting prospect. I don't know too much about this draft, but watched him a few times and he's way more impressive looking on film then in the stat sheet and has the looks of a real deal NBA starter, possibly even star.

My issue with him is his first step is weak, even at the college level.
DeRoma
Veteran

Post#37 » by DeRoma » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:51 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
DeRoma wrote:

Bey is my guy too.

Vassell is also a very interesting prospect. I don't know too much about this draft, but watched him a few times and he's way more impressive looking on film then in the stat sheet and has the looks of a real deal NBA starter, possibly even star.

This draft class isn't as bad as people think it is. The only flaw on this draft class is a consensus number 1 pick which is why the general inclination that it's a weak draft. However, if you're picking around 6-20. There are plenty of value that can be found in this draft. Generally people think we should trade our pick as we are contending. However young energy is a key ingredient for a team trying to contend cause of their energy can affect the vets on how they would play
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#38 » by TheNetsFan » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:18 pm

DeRoma wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
DeRoma wrote:Bey is my guy too.

This draft class isn't as bad as people think it is. The only flaw on this draft class is a consensus number 1 pick which is why the general inclination that it's a weak draft. However, if you're picking around 6-20. There are plenty of value that can be found in this draft. Generally people think we should trade our pick as we are contending. However young energy is a key ingredient for a team trying to contend cause of their energy can affect the vets on how they would play

I think NBA media often doesn't start to follow college closely until the conference tournaments. The lack of March Madness exposure probably contributes to the weak draft narrative.
DeRoma
Veteran

Post#39 » by DeRoma » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:25 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
DeRoma wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:Vassell is also a very interesting prospect. I don't know too much about this draft, but watched him a few times and he's way more impressive looking on film then in the stat sheet and has the looks of a real deal NBA starter, possibly even star.

I think NBA media often doesn't start to follow college closely until the conference tournaments. The lack of March Madness exposure probably contributes to the weak draft narrative.

definitely a part of it
DeRoma
Veteran

Post#40 » by DeRoma » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:35 pm

Robert Woodard II is a nice pick up at 19th. He is perfect for what we need wide body, athletic, versatile defender, 7'1 wingspan, spot up shooter

;ab_channel=HoopIntellect

Return to Brooklyn Nets