ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread '19-'20 V: Purgatory

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,663

Re: Official Speculation Thread '19-'20 V: Purgatory 

Post#1601 » by MagicMatic » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:17 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:
cedric76 wrote:our future SG is working on his shot

Read on Twitter

Fultz
Culver
Chuma
JI
Mo

We would win 10 games with that lineup. Weham && Martins aren't ready for that commitment. We are going to run it back with the same core because as WeHam said, "things would have been different If we were healthy".

:lol:

I wonder what the excuse would be if Orlando loses in the first round with a fully healthy roster.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,326

Post#1602 » by PrimeThyme » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:28 pm

MagicMatic wrote:

I wonder what the excuse would be if Orlando loses in the first round with a fully healthy roster.

I'd be even more anxious to see what the excuse would be if we missed the playoffs with a fully healthy roster because I think there is a very strong possibility that would happen. Washington gets a healthy Wall next year to pair next to Beal, Brooklyn gets better, and it's just a matter of time before Atlanta becomes a playoff factor as well.

Of course with Isaac out, they will still spin it as he was the missing piece and the reason we missed it but they are just fooling themselves. This team is going absolutely nowhere.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,663

Post#1603 » by MagicMatic » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:44 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

I'd be even more anxious to see what the excuse would be if we missed the playoffs with a fully healthy roster because I think there is a very strong possibility that would happen. Washington gets a healthy Wall next year to pair next to Beal, Brooklyn gets better, and it's just a matter of time before Atlanta becomes a playoff factor as well.

Of course with Isaac out, they will still spin it as he was the missing piece and the reason we missed it but they are just fooling themselves. This team is going absolutely nowhere.

“We’ve let other organizations dictate our luck. We chose to overpay players that have proven nothing. We inherited a lackluster roster from a previously failed FO, and then chose not to move on from them. We throw away second round draft picks and draft mainly on length. We have no real plan and we are buying as much time as possible until we are fired”

That’s what it would sound like if he was honest.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,714

Post#1604 » by MoMM » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:55 am

Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,936

Post#1605 » by Xatticus » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:46 pm

This front office is pretty rapidly losing me. I really try to bite my tongue because I know there is information I'm not privy to. I don't want to be unfair. I've been operating under the assumption that they were mandated to get back to the playoffs asap when they were hired. That's a tough deal, but it's fine. They knew it when they took the job.

It's as if they are completely oblivious to what took place during the Hennigan era though. That bothers me. They just finished their third season in charge, yet they still haven't yet come to the realization that most around here resigned ourselves to before Hennigan was out the door: this isn't working. We need to try a different tack instead of pounding our collective heads against the same wall. This might only be their third year in charge, but it might as well be year 20 of the rebuild for fans of this franchise. We've seen this **** so many times and we don't seem to be any closer to relevance than we were at any previous point during the post-Dwight era.

I don't expect them to come out and tell us they are tearing it down and rebuilding. I wouldn't expect that from any front office in any circumstance. I don't expect them to tear it down. I don't expect them to tank. I do expect them to try to improve the situation though. It really bothers me when Weltman goes out and does PR where he is trying to tell everyone that this is going to plan. If this is how you planned it, then your plan is broken. It seems to me that the plan is to give big pay increases to the guys that we've been watching fail for the better part of a decade now, while drafting the longest and tallest guys you can find that do decently well on mobility tests and hoping against hope that one of them turns into Giannis or Siakam.

We made the playoffs, but I scarcely watched any of it. I couldn't give a **** less about it. Once Isaac broke down again, the season was over for me. They couldn't wait to get out in front of that one to absolve themselves of any blame. I wish they put more effort into roster construction and spent less effort blowing smoke up skirts.

Weltman will lose his job at some point. It will be in a year or two or however long it takes for one of the other dysfunctional franchises in the East to usurp us as the comically bad team that was somehow gifted a place in the playoffs. I hope, at that point, that he realizes that he pissed away countless opportunities to determine his own fate. Deflecting blame and politicking only gets you so far. Ultimately, you are judged by your actions. Or in this case... inaction.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,489

Post#1606 » by Skybox » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:19 pm

Screw it...let's get D'Antoni and light this candle!
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,167

Post#1607 » by cedric76 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:30 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:
cedric76 wrote:our future SG is working on his shot

Read on Twitter

Fultz
Culver
Chuma
JI
Mo

We would win 10 games with that lineup. Weham && Martins aren't ready for that commitment. We are going to run it back with the same core because as WeHam said, "things would have been different If we were healthy".

I m talking 2022 onward
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
cedric76
RealGM

Post#1608 » by cedric76 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:32 pm

OrlandO wrote:fournier shaved his head

Read on Twitter

Yeah, he is doing hair implants, he had the surgery yesterday

unleash Jett next seaon
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,326

Post#1609 » by PrimeThyme » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:56 am

cedric76 wrote:I m talking 2022 onward

We might only win 10 games with that lineup in 2022 as well. None of those players outside of JI (who can't stay healthy), and Fultz (who can't shoot) have proven to be starting-caliber players in this league. Fultz is a really below average starter at that too, and I'm not sure his ceiling is much higher than an average one until he can hit a pullup jumper past the free throw line.

Chuma is a question mark at best. Bamba needs to prove he can even be a rotational piece, much less a starter. Culver had a -4.0 BPM this season. So I'm not sure why anyone would be excited about the prospects of that lineup you keep touting as the future.
cedric76
RealGM

Post#1610 » by cedric76 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:33 am

PrimeThyme wrote:
cedric76 wrote:I m talking 2022 onward

We might only win 10 games with that lineup in 2022 as well. None of those players outside of JI (who can't stay healthy), and Fultz (who can't shoot) have proven to be starting-caliber players in this league. Fultz is a really below average starter at that too, and I'm not sure his ceiling is much higher than an average one until he can hit a pullup jumper past the free throw line.

Chuma is a question mark at best. Bamba needs to prove he can even be a rotational piece, much less a starter. Culver had a -4.0 BPM this season. So I'm not sure why anyone would be excited about the prospects of that lineup you keep touting as the future.

They ll be happy to prove you wrong

unleash Jett next seaon
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,125

Post#1611 » by pepe1991 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:42 am

BlueBlazer wrote:
Skin wrote:
BlueBlazer wrote:
How about Vuc + 15 for Rozier + Zeller + 3

Any Magic fan turning that down has a head problem.

They’d prob want Batum off their hands for #3 though

No they would not.
Nic Batum is expring contract IF he picks player's option. If he does not ( probably will ) he is already gone from their salary books.

People need to fact-check their posts a bit.
Nobody trades 3# pick to get rid of one year salary,while just starting rebuild. It's idiotic. Doesn't even happen in nba 2k

Any Hornets trade that involves 3# pick going away is something that Mitch Kupchak will turn down if some uber-star is not going back into his direction.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#1612 » by Skin » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:35 am

Xatticus wrote:This front office is pretty rapidly losing me. I really try to bite my tongue because I know there is information I'm not privy to. I don't want to be unfair. I've been operating under the assumption that they were mandated to get back to the playoffs asap when they were hired. That's a tough deal, but it's fine. They knew it when they took the job.

It's as if they are completely oblivious to what took place during the Hennigan era though. That bothers me. They just finished their third season in charge, yet they still haven't yet come to the realization that most around here resigned ourselves to before Hennigan was out the door: this isn't working. We need to try a different tack instead of pounding our collective heads against the same wall. This might only be their third year in charge, but it might as well be year 20 of the rebuild for fans of this franchise. We've seen this **** so many times and we don't seem to be any closer to relevance than we were at any previous point during the post-Dwight era.

I don't expect them to come out and tell us they are tearing it down and rebuilding. I wouldn't expect that from any front office in any circumstance. I don't expect them to tear it down. I don't expect them to tank. I do expect them to try to improve the situation though. It really bothers me when Weltman goes out and does PR where he is trying to tell everyone that this is going to plan. If this is how you planned it, then your plan is broken. It seems to me that the plan is to give big pay increases to the guys that we've been watching fail for the better part of a decade now, while drafting the longest and tallest guys you can find that do decently well on mobility tests and hoping against hope that one of them turns into Giannis or Siakam.

We made the playoffs, but I scarcely watched any of it. I couldn't give a **** less about it. Once Isaac broke down again, the season was over for me. They couldn't wait to get out in front of that one to absolve themselves of any blame. I wish they put more effort into roster construction and spent less effort blowing smoke up skirts.

Weltman will lose his job at some point. It will be in a year or two or however long it takes for one of the other dysfunctional franchises in the East to usurp us as the comically bad team that was somehow gifted a place in the playoffs. I hope, at that point, that he realizes that he pissed away countless opportunities to determine his own fate. Deflecting blame and politicking only gets you so far. Ultimately, you are judged by your actions. Or in this case... inaction.

2020-21 Roster:

PG Markelle Fultz / DJ Augustin (new 3 year deal with a player option for the 3rd year) MCW (extended)
SG Evan Fournier (new 4 year extension) / Wes Iwundu (new 4 year extension)
SF James Ennis / Terrence Ross / Chuma Okeke
PF Aaron Gordon / Al Farouq Aminu / #15 Tyler Bey (because he has a 7'1 wingspan) / IR Jonathan Isaac
C Nikola Vucevic / Khem Birch / Mo Bamba

2020-21 Finish: 8th Seed, 4-1 series loss.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,110

Post#1613 » by zaymon » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:20 am

Skin wrote:2020-21 Roster:

PG Markelle Fultz / DJ Augustin (new 3 year deal with a player option for the 3rd year) MCW (extended)
PF Aaron Gordon / Al Farouq Aminu / #15 Tyler Bey (because he has a 7'1 wingspan) / IR Jonathan Isaac

It could very well be:

Fultz
Hayes
Okeke
Aminu
Vucevic

or:

Lewis
Fournier
Okeke
Gordon
Vucevic

Its not that we have nowhere to go with our roster like we had 3 years ago.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,140

Post#1614 » by OrlChamps2030 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:24 pm

Okeke is our starting SF now?
zaymon
Lead Assistant

Post#1615 » by zaymon » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:42 pm

OrlChamps2030 wrote:Okeke is our starting SF now?

He could be. I just wanted to point out different options. It could be Gordon, Ennis, Okeke.
Skin
RealGM

Post#1616 » by Skin » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:07 pm

OrlChamps2030 wrote:Okeke is our starting SF now?

I'd prefer a one legged Okeke over what we currently have.
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Skin
RealGM

Post#1617 » by Skin » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:13 pm

zaymon wrote:

It could very well be:

Fultz
Hayes
Okeke
Aminu
Vucevic

or:

Lewis
Fournier
Okeke
Gordon
Vucevic

Those line ups are the definition of a confused GM. Half of it is trying to be developmental and the other half is trying to win now.

If we want to win now, trade our youth for Chris Paul and other vets that will take us to the 2nd round before we exit. At least the front office can feel good about progress and fool some fans that we have a contender, while the rest of us laugh at the incompetency.
zaymon
Lead Assistant

Post#1618 » by zaymon » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:27 pm

Skin wrote:
zaymon wrote:

It could very well be:

Fultz
Hayes
Okeke
Aminu
Vucevic

or:

Lewis
Fournier
Okeke
Gordon
Vucevic

Those line ups are the definition of a confused GM. Half of it is trying to be developmental and the other half is trying to win now.

If we want to win now, trade our youth for Chris Paul and other vets that will take us to the 2nd round before we exit. At least the front office can feel good about progress and fool some fans that we have a contender, while the rest of us laugh at the incompetency.

For me its not confusing at all. We are obviously prioritizing development of Fultz, Isaac and Bamba while surrounding them with veterans. Goal is not to contend right now, but play competetive games with 3-4 high ceiling prospects in the rotation. Last year we were forcing Bamba into rotation literally losing on purpose. If he didnt had injury we would be in the lottery.
Mc-o
Veteran
And1: 1,507

Post#1619 » by Mc-o » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:24 pm

zaymon wrote:
Skin wrote:
zaymon wrote:
It could very well be:

Fultz
Hayes
Okeke
Aminu
Vucevic

or:

Lewis
Fournier
Okeke
Gordon
Vucevic

For me its not confusing at all. We are obviously prioritizing development of Fultz, Isaac and Bamba while surrounding them with veterans. Goal is not to contend right now, but play competetive games with 3-4 high ceiling prospects in the rotation. Last year we were forcing Bamba into rotation literally losing on purpose. If he didnt had injury we would be in the lottery.

This is the NBA only so much development going to happen ,?bamba keeps losing time to khem birch !!! Lmao , bamba is not a player to build around .the front office and organization is just not good . Vuc is by far the best player and they have failed to get anyone even as good as him much less better . Mo bamba draft was a huge mistake especially when they could have drafted Michae porter jr or SGA . Maybe it’s ownership , maybe it’s the front office but whoever is making these decisions are not good .
Skin
RealGM

Post#1620 » by Skin » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:50 pm

Mc-o wrote:
zaymon wrote:
Skin wrote:Those line ups are the definition of a confused GM. Half of it is trying to be developmental and the other half is trying to win now.

This is the NBA only so much development going to happen ,?bamba keeps losing time to khem birch !!! Lmao , bamba is not a player to build around .the front office and organization is just not good . Vuc is by far the best player and they have failed to get anyone even as good as him much less better . Mo bamba draft was a huge mistake especially when they could have drafted Michae porter jr or SGA . Maybe it’s ownership , maybe it’s the front office but whoever is making these decisions are not good .

Lots of teams passed on Porter. He might have been the pick if his health reports checked out, but could you imagine if they took him and he was the next Greg Oden? Not being able to have an NBA career? Denver was in a no risk position to take him.

Some people have already given up on Isaac because of his injuries. Porter is in a good moment now but are his injury risks completely behind him? Aren't back injuries semi there forever?

Nobody was pounding the table for SGA in the top 5 either. He's outplayed his draft spot but you don't criticize a GM for that.

You are mad that Birch has played more than Bamba, but is that a reflection of Bamba being a forever bust? Or simply coaching strategy / decision / development? I do know that Bamba didn't have the strength he needed, but has since added a whole lot to his frame. I'm interested to see how he looks next season and hope he gets an opportunity.

Return to Orlando Magic