ImageImage

Fiserv Forum Thread - Full (Almost) Capacity Now

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#1581 » by midranger » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:07 am

Obviously Covid has killed everything but how were the deer district’s financials before the shutdown? Seemed like things were already failing.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#1582 » by Thunder Muscle » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:42 am

tbirdblue wrote:Emailed my bucks rep a few weeks ago. Stated too many unknowns with the NBA to continue with my season tickets I have had for 10 plus years. Rep called to talk and I stated same thing in phone call. Rep had to send request to supervisor. Received email stating season tickets have been cancelled and refund on way.

So you were locked in for next year and they let you leave/refund? If so, that's good on them and glad for you.
tbirdblue
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#1583 » by tbirdblue » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:18 pm

Yes that is correct. I was locked in for 2 seasons ‘19-‘20. And ‘20-‘-21. Also,I did not see the high renewal price increases other season seat holders had in the spring for their renewal since I had 2 year contract. Still waiting on the refund. Did ask rep if bucks are seeing a lot of people wanting to cancel their season tickets but rep did not answer my question. I’m sure they do not want to divulge this information.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,390

Post#1584 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:01 pm

I'm pleasantly surprised they would allow people to get out of their commitment. It's the right thing to do, good job Bucks.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
BradMKE
Senior
And1: 553

Post#1585 » by BradMKE » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:50 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I'm pleasantly surprised they would allow people to get out of their commitment. It's the right thing to do, good job Bucks.

I think they realize that even if they are able to have fans at some point next season, it's going to be such a small capacity % that they already have more than enough STHs locked in to fill those seats and will have to issue a bunch of refunds anyway once final capacity is determined.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#1586 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:04 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I'm pleasantly surprised they would allow people to get out of their commitment. It's the right thing to do, good job Bucks.

Yeah, would think they would push back harder, but legally the consideration isnt close to the same as initially agreed to - 41 home games; timing of season, etc.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,949

Post#1587 » by soxperry » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:57 pm

Damn, thats really good news! They had me on the hook for a LOT of money this year lol. I sent my email, ill let ya'll know what they say.
soxperry
Assistant Coach

Post#1588 » by soxperry » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:36 pm

Update on season tix: i talked to my guy this morning and he offered me the 10% down plan with the ability to opt out once the schedule is announced. So everything over 10% that ive already paid gets refunded and no more monthly payments until i make a decision. More likely than not im going to cancel but its good to have that option in case magically everything gets back to normal.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#1589 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:34 pm

soxperry wrote:Update on season tix: i talked to my guy this morning and he offered me the 10% down plan with the ability to opt out once the schedule is announced. So everything over 10% that ive already paid gets refunded and no more monthly payments until i make a decision. More likely than not im going to cancel but its good to have that option in case magically everything gets back to normal.

Ok so you had the option of full refund or 10% non-refundable deposit to be able to opt back in?
soxperry
Assistant Coach

Post#1590 » by soxperry » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:43 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
soxperry wrote:Update on season tix: i talked to my guy this morning and he offered me the 10% down plan with the ability to opt out once the schedule is announced. So everything over 10% that ive already paid gets refunded and no more monthly payments until i make a decision. More likely than not im going to cancel but its good to have that option in case magically everything gets back to normal.

Ok so you had the option of full refund or 10% non-refundable deposit to be able to opt back in?

Yes, but im assuming the deposit is refundable if i choose to opt out when the time comes. Everything else gets refunded immediately.
soxperry
Assistant Coach

Post#1591 » by soxperry » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:12 am

Another update: I have decided to cancel my season tix completely. He originally told me that i could opt out when the schedule is announced but when he sent the contract over there was zero language about opting out. I straight up don't trust them after they refused to honor what was essentially a verbal agreement for a price fixed two year contract last playoff season.

If when the schedule is announced it feels like a really good situation (they would probably have to reduce prices), i may get back in. But for now it's nice to have the extra cash.
THE DINJ
Starter
And1: 121

Post#1592 » by THE DINJ » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:49 pm

soxperry wrote:(they would probably have to reduce prices)

That's the kicker right there. In January/February when they were setting prices, they were looking at a sold-out arena, a good economy, and a likely-championship team.

Now, they're dealing with a pandemic/recession scenario, a bitterly disappointing playoff run (where the popular perception is that the team essentially gave up), and political antics that turn off a large segment of the potential buyers. There's no way those 40-90% price increases are going to stick.

And many of us longtime season ticketholders won't be coming back even IF they reduce prices, because we know what the team will do when times are good again--price us out again. They've lost our trust.

At this point in time I'm waiting to hear that we can have last season's location at last season's price--guaranteed for something like 3 years--before I'd even consider re-upping. Not holding my breath, but that's what it'd take.

Otherwise, I plan to find deals on decent games on the secondary market when people are dumping their tickets, and skip the Tues night Detroit games entirely (which we used to pay full-price for, essentially).
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,049

Post#1593 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:53 pm

Think for those of you deciding what to do, the question is can you afford to put a lot of money on deposit with the team for the next 12-24 months in exchange for priority access to what likely would be very pricey, limited attendance seating. i.e. We'll let 4,000 people in, half downstairs, half upstairs.

Very few will get their actual seat row and number due to the need to social distance. You might be in the same section though.

That to me seems to be the scenario for a season restart in January.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
soxperry
Assistant Coach

Post#1594 » by soxperry » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:59 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Think for those of you deciding what to do, the question is can you afford to put a lot of money on deposit with the team for the next 12-24 months in exchange for priority access to what likely would be very pricey, limited attendance seating. i.e. We'll let 4,000 people in, half downstairs, half upstairs.

Very few will get their actual seat row and number due to the need to social distance. You might be in the same section though.

If i knew there would actually be high demand for those seats i would have kept my tickets. I just dont know if that will be the case. After having to sell Friday night playoff seats for below face value during a championship run i feel like i learned a lot about the Milwaukee secondary ticket market.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,049

Post#1595 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:02 pm

soxperry wrote:
If i knew there would actually be high demand for those seats i would have kept my tickets. I just dont know if that will be the case.

Agreed. We have no idea on demand. When Lambeau opens to reduced crowd, those prices will be sky high I think, partly because outdoor versus indoor Covid issues.

That said, there will be people wanting to actually go out to a sporting event once that option is available. I'd guess Fiserv tickets go for a good price.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#1596 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:27 am

THE DINJ wrote:
soxperry wrote:(they would probably have to reduce prices)

That's the kicker right there. In January/February when they were setting prices, they were looking at a sold-out arena, a good economy, and a likely-championship team.

Now, they're dealing with a pandemic/recession scenario, a bitterly disappointing playoff run (where the popular perception is that the team essentially gave up), and political antics that turn off a large segment of the potential buyers. There's no way those 40-90% price increases are going to stick.

And many of us longtime season ticketholders won't be coming back even IF they reduce prices, because we know what the team will do when times are good again--price us out again. They've lost our trust.

At this point in time I'm waiting to hear that we can have last season's location at last season's price--guaranteed for something like 3 years--before I'd even consider re-upping. Not holding my breath, but that's what it'd take.

Otherwise, I plan to find deals on decent games on the secondary market when people are dumping their tickets, and skip the Tues night Detroit games entirely (which we used to pay full-price for, essentially).

Yeah there is nothing they could do right now to bring me back. They actually called the other day to say they had options to discuss. I have no desire to even mess around with tickets with all of things mentioned above let alone feeling kind of priced out before all of this went down. It was a good run but I'm out. I'll find tickets on the secondary market when/if I want to go to a game. And the shady things I heard and some if the piss poor communication/rollouts kinda soured me too.
midranger
RealGM

Post#1597 » by midranger » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:56 am

midranger wrote:Long standing STH act as a buffer when/if things go south. Alienating them in favor of some Johnny Come Lately who will drop his tix as soon as it becomes unfashionable to attend or the market dips, is poor form imo. They likely have knowledge of what way Giannis is leaning and feel comfortable that they’ll be good for a long time, but who knows?

Good system would have been to reduce the increase by 2% for every year of holding tickets. 30 year holder? Your ticket increase is discounted by 60%. Brand new? You pay the full increase.

A month before the world shut down.
midranger
RealGM

Post#1598 » by midranger » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:58 am

midranger wrote:That study came out stating average value of a team is now 2.1 billion. We don’t have the market, but best team/best player/new arena.... probably worth 4x what they paid. None of those variables are static though. All prone to change in any given season. The 3 principles could walk away with 500 million profit each this summer. Crazy.

These are ultra rich guys but none are so rich that a 1/2 billion is a drop in the bucket. Edens is worth 1.2 and Lasry 1.8 billion.

Also, a month before the world ended.

Methinks these guys missed their opportunity to sell high.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#1599 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:28 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Think for those of you deciding what to do, the question is can you afford to put a lot of money on deposit with the team for the next 12-24 months in exchange for priority access to what likely would be very pricey, limited attendance seating. i.e. We'll let 4,000 people in, half downstairs, half upstairs.

Yeah, unless the mask mandate gets repealed, I don't know how we can go from not being to go maskless in public to ok having 18k people in a stadium in a 45 day span as a state/city.

I'm not wealthy but the money I put down on the Bucks was non-essential entertainment so I can afford to keep the deposit down. I feel bad for the employees and prefer to not pull out but I just don't trust the higher-ups to give any kind of benefit to season ticket holders.

Limited seating available for the playoff game watching? Let's sell directly to the general public at super high pricing. No non-transferable discounted tickets for the thousands they are holding onto right now and my probably invalid contract promising to pay more.

Personal problem, but the season shift is also something not expected depending how they do it. Overall, I think the spring/summer season but I'm willing to prepay for late May/early June games if it means a deep playoff run but not if its getting in a 82 season and meaningless regular season games. Between work, family obligations, nice weather, travel (hopefully), I'm less likely to be around
tbirdblue
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#1600 » by tbirdblue » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:59 pm

I did receive my refund for bucks season tickets. From the day i talked to my rep to cancel tickets to the day credit posted back on my credit card ...... 2 days!

Super surprised only took 2 days. Sometimes it would take 2 weeks for a phone response.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks