ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions thread - To the offseason!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

NewYorkPride85
Senior
And1: 353

Re: Trades and Transactions thread - To the offseason! 

Post#1641 » by NewYorkPride85 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:57 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Would you do this trade? We'd have a ton of cap space to sign people around Harden and Mitch.

Pass. Mavs aren’t a lock to the playoffs

Totally agree. That's not to say I don't believe in the Mav's talent, just that I have my doubts that they can stay healthy all season. Granted having Luka who hasn't had any significant injuries but he's just one person.
NewYorkPride85
Senior

Post#1642 » by NewYorkPride85 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:00 pm

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Would you do this trade? We'd have a ton of cap space to sign people around Harden and Mitch.

Hell no!!! Harden is NOT a player you build around. Just look at his career in Houston. All they have done since the moment they got him is build around him to the tune of having almost no draft capital since they traded all of them away to bring players in the help Harden. It's a really hard pass for me. There are few people in the league that you trade the farm for but its not him.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,372

Post#1643 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:03 pm

NewYorkPride85 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Pass. Mavs aren’t a lock to the playoffs

Totally agree. That's not to say I don't believe in the Mav's talent, just that I have my doubts that they can stay healthy all season. Granted having Luka who hasn't had any significant injuries but he's just one person.

You also have young teams like Phoenix, Pelicans and Memphis on the rise, a healthy Golden State team next season too. It’s going to be tough out there. We should hold on to those Mavs picks. There’s no guarantee they can make the playoffs even if the Mavs are fully healthy too.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,247

Post#1644 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:06 pm

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hell no, I just don't get how people haven't learned from the Melo trade. You just don't gut your asset base like that for people who are in their 30s, LeBron would be like one of the lone exceptions.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,394

Post#1645 » by dakomish23 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:11 pm

Richard4444 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:TOR board thoughts on paying up for FVV

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1995831

Being too close to the situation can make you prisoners of the moment sometimes, but they’ve also watched him his whole career. :dontknow:

The majority of the Raptors fans would re-sign him for 17M-20M/y.

Raptors fans are a little snob due to the recent team success. They think they are too good for Fred and they can land Giannis.

Furthermore, they have a 30M+ Siakam on the books and they have to re-sign OG next offseason. Also, It could be interesting to give Lowry a long term vet deal after 2021 (30-40/3). Ibaka could be paid a similar deal. But If they overpay Fred, they are in trouble to build a team. Especially if they miss Giannis.

Some more pro FVV stuff

Read on Twitter
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1646 » by dakomish23 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:20 pm

Would you rather

Trade for Wiggins and get the #2 pick

Or

Sign FVV Bertrans to 30 combined

?

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
NewYorkPride85
Senior

Post#1647 » by NewYorkPride85 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:11 pm

dakomish23 wrote:Would you rather

Or

?

Depends on what we have to give up. Personally I'd want the 2021 T-Wolves pick (Top 3 protected) but that would be asking for too much honestly.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1648 » by dakomish23 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:46 pm

NewYorkPride85 wrote:

Or

?

Depends on what we have to give up. Personally I'd want the 2021 T-Wolves pick (Top 3 protected) but that would be asking for too much honestly.

You’d rather have that MIN pick than the #2 in this draft? Just want to make sure I’m understanding you.

I assume it would be two things. They can say give us some of your bench veterans so they can fill out their depth. Or maybe they’d take Julius? Who knows.

We can also flag out absorb. I know it’s a big hit, but if you can land a foundation guy, why wouldn’t I do it. Wiggins will be off the books before this guy is even off his rookie deal. The question is if you think you have a piece.

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,202

Post#1649 » by aq_ua » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:30 am

dakomish23 wrote:
Richard4444 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:TOR board thoughts on paying up for FVV

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1995831

Being too close to the situation can make you prisoners of the moment sometimes, but they’ve also watched him his whole career. :dontknow:

The majority of the Raptors fans would re-sign him for 17M-20M/y.

Raptors fans are a little snob due to the recent team success. They think they are too good for Fred and they can land Giannis.

Furthermore, they have a 30M+ Siakam on the books and they have to re-sign OG next offseason. Also, It could be interesting to give Lowry a long term vet deal after 2021 (30-40/3). Ibaka could be paid a similar deal. But If they overpay Fred, they are in trouble to build a team. Especially if they miss Giannis.

Some more pro FVV stuff

Read on Twitter

Between FVV and Frank, we could have the two premier Kemba stoppers for both the NBA and FIBA!
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,596

Post#1650 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:34 am

Or

?

We'll never get those two for a combined $30M/yr. Fred's gonna costs at least $20M/year, probably more.
Free Palestine
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1651 » by dakomish23 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:57 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:

Or

?

We'll never get those two for a combined $30M/yr. Fred's gonna costs at least $20M/year, probably more.

Not so sure. Here’s the top 10 teams with maximum cap space.

ATL has Trae. DET might draft a PG. SAC has Fox plus they have to pay Bogdanovic. NOP is interesting but they have no shortage of guards. CHA might do it. They’re never a player for the big fish in FA & they might not be in love w/ the current combo. Depends who they draft. PHX might do it as Rubio insurance but they’d have renounce cap holds. MIN might do it depends who they draft.

ATL $54,958,732
NYK $53,708,259
DET $42,886,149
SAC $36,470,544
NOP $35,030,080
CHA $33,933,582
MIA $30,085,627
TOR $26,474,285
PHX $26,221,026
MIN $19,669,573

But let’s say you’re right. So raise that number. 4 years, 40 mil for those 2 guys or Wiggins for 3 more years and the #2 pick in this draft. Which would you rather do?

All comes down to what you think of who you can get at 2. If you can get a foundation piece, and there hasn’t been a draft in recent years where there aren’t foundational pieces, do you do it? Tough question for a GM b/c if you pick a bust, you’re done.

I’m not even sure if GSW would settle for what we have.

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,596

Post#1652 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:01 am

dakomish23 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Or

?

ATL has Trae. DET might draft a PG. SAC has Fox plus they have to pay Bogdanovic. NOP is interesting but they have no shortage of guards. CHA might do it. They’re never a player for the big fish in FA & they might not be in love w/ the current combo. Depends who they draft. PHX might do it as Rubio insurance but they’d have renounce cap holds. MIN might do it depends who they draft.

ATL $54,958,732
NYK $53,708,259
DET $42,886,149
SAC $36,470,544
NOP $35,030,080
CHA $33,933,582
MIA $30,085,627
TOR $26,474,285
PHX $26,221,026
MIN $19,669,573

But let’s say you’re right. So raise that number. 4 years, 40 mil for those 2 guys or Wiggins for 3 more years and the #2 pick in this draft. Which would you rather do?

All comes down to what you think of who you can get at 2. If you can get a foundation piece, and there hasn’t been a draft in recent years where there aren’t foundational pieces, do you do it? Tough question for a GM b/c if you pick a bust, you’re done.

I think I'm not going to get too cute with this draft if I'm Leon. I just don't have the stomach for it. Leon is still "wet behind the ears" and other GMs will look to take advantage of his inexperience.

If someone comes to us with a deal that we can't refuse, then maybe. If we are out there trying to deal, I'd prefer that it was to trade down and bring back another asset.
Free Palestine
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1653 » by dakomish23 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:08 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

ATL $54,958,732
NYK $53,708,259
DET $42,886,149
SAC $36,470,544
NOP $35,030,080
CHA $33,933,582
MIA $30,085,627
TOR $26,474,285
PHX $26,221,026
MIN $19,669,573

I think I'm not going to get too cute with this draft if I'm Leon. I just don't have the stomach for it. Leon is still "wet behind the ears" and other GMs will look to take advantage of his inexperience.

If someone comes to us with a deal that we can't refuse, then maybe. If we are out there trying to deal, I'd prefer that it was to trade down and bring back another asset.

Or he could realize this is the only time he could get away with such a move? If he does it, I’ll be cheering b/c it shows me he has a long term approach.

I also think I’ll be alone :lol:

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
NewYorkPride85
Senior

Post#1654 » by NewYorkPride85 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:27 am

dakomish23 wrote:
NewYorkPride85 wrote:

Or

?

You’d rather have that MIN pick than the #2 in this draft? Just want to make sure I’m understanding you.

I assume it would be two things. They can say give us some of your bench veterans so they can fill out their depth. Or maybe they’d take Julius? Who knows.

We can also flag out absorb. I know it’s a big hit, but if you can land a foundation guy, why wouldn’t I do it. Wiggins will be off the books before this guy is even off his rookie deal. The question is if you think you have a piece.

That is exactly what I’m saying. This is by far one of the worst drafts in the last decade. Just look the talent in 2021. The top 15 players in that draft is better than any player in this years draft and Minnesota is going nowhere so it’s pretty much a lock to be in the top 10-15. I have zero faith in any player in this draft being cornerstone/ top 15 in the league. The top three PGs and SG are better than any in this years draft. If you don’t believe me just look at the talent in next years draft. A top 3 prospect should be plug and play with the ability to completely alter a team in a positive way like Zion or Ja. All the top prospects in this years draft have major warts and need a ton of development.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1655 » by dakomish23 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:35 am

NewYorkPride85 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
NewYorkPride85 wrote:

That is exactly what I’m saying. This is by far one of the worst drafts in the last decade. Just look the talent in 2021. The top 15 players in that draft is better than any player in this years draft and Minnesota is going nowhere so it’s pretty much a lock to be in the top 10-15. I have zero faith in any player in this draft being cornerstone/ top 15 in the league. The top three PGs and SG are better than any in this years draft. If you don’t believe me just look at the talent in next years draft. A top 3 prospect should be plug and play with the ability to completely alter a team in a positive way like Zion or Ja. All the top prospects in this years draft have major warts and need a ton of development.

Be careful in assuming a draft is weak. Ppl said the same things in 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016.

All contributed multiple all star / all NBA players.

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#1656 » by DowNY » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:52 am

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Read on Twitter

LMFAAAOOOOOO

This is still too funny. But since we doing 2K inspired trades, let me play.

Replace RJ with Knox, take out the 2023 Mavs pick and switch the Mavs 2021 pick with the Knicks 2022 pick with protection on it.

Have Harden convince AD to sign after AD wins this championship in a few weeks. Let the marketing plan be the Beard & the Brow. Could even throw a beard and unibrow on the Knicks logo for commercials or whatever, lol.

Boom.

James Harden runs point
Frank at SG to protect Harden on defense
RJ Barrett at SF
Anthony Davis
Mitchell Robinson

Best lineup in the East. Bang bang, word to a cactus jack
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,819

Post#1657 » by spree2kawhi » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:30 am

DowNY wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Read on Twitter

LMFAAAOOOOOO

This is still too funny. But since we doing 2K inspired trades, let me play.

Replace RJ with Knox, take out the 2023 Mavs pick and switch the Mavs 2021 pick with the Knicks 2022 pick with protection on it.

Have Harden convince AD to sign after AD wins this championship in a few weeks. Let the marketing plan be the Beard & the Brow. Could even throw a beard and unibrow on the Knicks logo for commercials or whatever, lol.

Boom.

James Harden runs point
Frank at SG to protect Harden on defense
RJ Barrett at SF
Anthony Davis
Mitchell Robinson

Best lineup in the East. Bang bang, word to a cactus jack

Let's just make the best offer for Giannis then... :lol:
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,202

Post#1658 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:28 pm

This one was always too good to be true

Read on Twitter
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,227

Post#1659 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:59 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:This one was always too good to be true

Read on Twitter

Calling Portis "Sweet Shooting" undermines credibility of entire article :D
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,848

Post#1660 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:54 pm

NewYorkPride85 wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hell no!!! Harden is NOT a player you build around. Just look at his career in Houston. All they have done since the moment they got him is build around him to the tune of having almost no draft capital since they traded all of them away to bring players in the help Harden. It's a really hard pass for me. There are few people in the league that you trade the farm for but its not him.

We'd be building a statue outside of the Garden, if someone had an 8 year run here as good as Harden has just had in Houston. Two conference finals runs and 3 other years of advancing out of the first round is nothing to look down on. His teams just happened to run into one of the greatest teams ever assembled in the Golden State Warriors.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w

Return to New York Knicks