ImageImageImageImageImage

Bubble basketball easily > traveling for back to backs basketball

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Bubble basketball easily > traveling for back to backs basketball 

Post#1 » by Little Digger » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:44 am

The NBA needs some big changes..the 82 game season is ridiculous but that’s probably never going to get cut back..

I like the idea of cutting down travel miles by having teams play multiple games at each stop on a road trip ..Why send the Dub’s to Denver, Memphis , New Orleans twice during a season ?

Playing in Houston one night then hopping on a plane to Minnesota to play a game the next night? That makes for really low quality hoops

There’s lots of changes that would improve the NBA regular season brand..Even a junkie like me gets bored with the way the regular season is currently set up..the casual fans just tune completely out for long stretches
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Re: Bubble basketball easily > traveling for back to backs basketball 

Post#2 » by Little Digger » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:00 am

I’m impressed Dwight Howard’s attitude change....it’s the real deal..he’d be a good fit with the 21 Warriors
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#3 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:02 am

For sure. Keep the 82 games because I want them all but if you do a series rather than individual games you could cut flights in half at least? That's both easier on the players and cheaper for the league. Also better for the environment.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#4 » by Little Digger » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:09 am

Musk needs to get to work on his electric planes plan..
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#5 » by Flash Falcon X » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:07 am

Worst travel is whenever they play Denver on the back end of a back to back.

Bob and Jim used to talk about it every year. How they’d get on the plane late at night, fly out to Denver, the airport is far from the hotel so there’s a long drive, then they don’t get to their hotel rooms until like 3-4am?

Something like that. Then having to acclimate to the mike high elevation when playing.
#DubNation
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#6 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:31 pm

It would be interesting the teams played each other 1 series every year and rotate which team is home year to year. Play 5 home games against the Lakers one year, then 5 road games against them the next year. That would cut WAY down on travel.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#7 » by HiRez » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:56 pm

I like it in general, MLB already does it. The only thing is let's say LeBron is injured for a week, Lakers come to the Bay that week and play 3 games, that means no one gets to see LeBron here for the whole year. But something I think I could live with as injuries are totally unpredictable anyway.
NeoWarriors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,321

Post#8 » by NeoWarriors » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:25 pm

I would also eliminate the Sunday matinee games against the Lakers or Clippers. The Los Angeles nightlife is just too much for the guys to pass up on a Saturday night after they fly in.

Sent from my Golden State Warriors Protoast Elite toaster using RealGM mobile app
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#9 » by jason bourne » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:37 pm

I like that idea. It's better for the players and fans in terms of having more quality basketball. The second night of a B2B were killers.

Actually, we learned the NBA has tv contract obligations for 70 games. Will the players and owners be able to adjust their revenues downwards to 70 games in order to avoid the B2Bs? They kept talking about cutting the number of games. This may be the easiest way to do it. Of course, they may raise ticket prices tp get some of it back without mentioning anything :p.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#10 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:05 pm

jason bourne wrote:I like that idea. It's better for the players and fans in terms of having more quality basketball. The second night of a B2B were killers.

Actually, we learned the NBA has tv contract obligations for 70 games. Will the players and owners be able to adjust their revenues downwards to 70 games in order to avoid the B2Bs? They kept talking about cutting the number of games. This may be the easiest way to do it. Of course, they may raise ticket prices tp get some of it back without mentioning anything :p.

I don't think they would need to lose that many games to eliminate B2Bs. I could live with 76 games.

30 games against the opposite conference(1 home, 1 away per team).

30 games against the other in conference division, 3 per team(1 division gets two home games and a single away game, the other division gets the opposite).

16 games in division(2 home games, 2 away games).
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#11 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:33 pm

B2B without travel should not be an issue. Just eliminate the B2B with travel between games.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#12 » by jason bourne » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:47 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
jason bourne wrote:I like that idea. It's better for the players and fans in terms of having more quality basketball. The second night of a B2B were killers.

I don't think they would need to lose that many games to eliminate B2Bs. I could live with 76 games.

30 games against the opposite conference(1 home, 1 away per team).

30 games against the other in conference division, 3 per team(1 division gets two home games and a single away game, the other division gets the opposite).

16 games in division(2 home games, 2 away games).

Each team has from 13 - 15 B2B games. Depending how compressed the 70 game season becomes, there may still be B2B games. I hate B2B games and so do the players. It does not give them a chance to recover between games.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#13 » by Little Digger » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:43 pm

I like bubble basketball better..no need for travel ..fans? I don’t care all that much
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#14 » by Little Digger » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:53 pm

Whichever team wins it all in 2020 deserves credit for multiple championships
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#15 » by Little Digger » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:03 pm

The Denver Nuggets with one of the great 2nd half performances in playoff history..The Joker and Murray are insane..
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#16 » by HiRez » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:35 pm

Little Digger wrote:I like bubble basketball better..no need for travel ..fans? I don’t care all that much

I don't think I like it better, there is something to having a crowd for a big game, but I miss the fans in the seats less than I thought I would. Not the "fan images" because that's kind of a silly gimmick. But since so many have been priced out of Warriors homes games in recent years I don't really care if they play the whole regular season in a bubble, then maybe by the time the next playoffs roll around they can bring crowds back in.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#17 » by Little Digger » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:29 am

I’m watching the Clipper mauling over again...Murray with the way he’s playing , is now right near the top of NBA gaurds..Nuggets have more talent than the clips..they just needed to grow up

Return to Golden State Warriors