ImageImageImage

It's only been about 5 years...

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

BFO
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 49

It's only been about 5 years... 

Post#1 » by BFO » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:29 pm

I was thinking about this place for some reason today and thought I'd stick my head in and see if any of the old-timers are still around. I was on here mostly from around 2004-2010 then only popped in from time to time thereafter. It was a great place and hopefully it's still amazing to another generation of Heat people.

Some of the old crew I remember are Lane, BballFreak, Heat4life, Cracker, Mopper, Cheez, Flash, Twix, Owen....probably messed up half these names but it's been a few years. Would love if you blokes are still lurking to pop up and say hi. To anyone I missed, apologies but still say hi please.

Been loving this version of the Heat this season and with full lockdown in Melbourne, Australia I've been able to catch every damn game. Hopefully this run continues....we have a very, very enjoyable team that might do something very special this season.

To the current mods; I hope this doesn't clutter the board and fits ok with what you're currently doing.

Let's go Heat!
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,008

Re: It's only been about 5 years... 

Post#2 » by DayofMourning » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:37 pm

BFO wrote:I was thinking about this place for some reason today and thought I'd stick my head in and see if any of the old-timers are still around. I was on here mostly from around 2004-2010 then only popped in from time to time thereafter. It was a great place and hopefully it's still amazing to another generation of Heat people.

Some of the old crew I remember are Lane, BballFreak, Heat4life, Cracker, Mopper, Cheez, Flash, Twix, Owen....probably messed up half these names but it's been a few years. Would love if you blokes are still lurking to pop up and say hi. To anyone I missed, apologies but still say hi please.

Been loving this version of the Heat this season and with full lockdown in Melbourne, Australia I've been able to catch every damn game. Hopefully this run continues....we have a very, very enjoyable team that might do something very special this season.

To the current mods; I hope this doesn't clutter the board and fits ok with what you're currently doing.

Let's go Heat!

Consider posting more. This board has a great mix of old heads and young blood. Would love to have your added insight.

Welcome back, and stick around. This is one of the most enjoyable Heat teams we've ever had. Might as well join in on the discussion.

heat4life wrote:BFO's

BBallFreak wrote:back

unowen85 wrote:back

twix2500 wrote:again

Plenty of Aussies on this board too, BFO.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,181

Post#3 » by BBallFreak » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:56 pm

I'm still here! Welcome back, BFO! I don't post all the time on the basketball boards, though I obviously still follow along. These days, I lurk. When I post, it's usually on the Current Affairs board. But I still love this board...
unowen85
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,809

Post#4 » by unowen85 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:00 pm

I’m still lurking and trying to post whenever I can. Good to see other old timers still around. Definitely enjoying the return of Heat playoff basketball. And the Knicks continuing to suck.
For a long time it gave me nightmares,witnessing an injustice like that.It’s a constant reminder of just how unfair this world can be.I can still hear them taunting him, Silly Rabbit tricks are for kids.I mean why couldn’t they just give him some cereal?
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#5 » by IggieCC » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:26 pm

OG :bowdown:

I've noticed more old timers stopping by lately as our current Heat team is surging and back in the ECFs.

It's an exciting time for Heat fans new and old :hug: Let's go Heat!
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,191

Post#6 » by Bishop45 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:49 pm

IggieCC wrote:OG :bowdown:

I've noticed more old timers stopping by lately as our current Heat team is surging and back in the ECFs.

He was talking to old timers... He wasn't talking to you :nonono:

Stop trying to butt in their conversation
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#7 » by IggieCC » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:54 pm

Bishop45 wrote:

:x
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#8 » by goodboy » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:29 pm

Bishop45 wrote:

:rofl: :rofl:
Bright
goodboy
RealGM

Post#9 » by goodboy » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:30 pm

Ofcourse iggie ruins a old school reunion.
Bright
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#10 » by IggieCC » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:38 pm

goodboy wrote:Ofcourse iggie ruins a old school reunion.

non-old timers gtfo :x
miamiballer
General Manager
And1: 1,519

Post#11 » by miamiballer » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:56 pm

I’ve been around since around 2002 but mostly just read
mitchco
Lead Assistant
And1: 63

Post#12 » by mitchco » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:39 pm

BFO wrote:I was thinking about this place for some reason today and thought I'd stick my head in and see if any of the old-timers are still around. I was on here mostly from around 2004-2010 then only popped in from time to time thereafter. It was a great place and hopefully it's still amazing to another generation of Heat people.

Let's go Heat!

Wow, I remember most of the names you mentioned too.

I rarely comment anymore either. But I lurk every single day. Pretty exciting time to be a Heat fan.
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,608

Post#13 » by HEATVols865 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:18 pm

Let's go Heat!

Wassup man!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
goodboy
RealGM

Post#14 » by goodboy » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:56 pm

HEATVols865 wrote:

Let's go Heat!

Wassup man!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Bright
insfo
General Manager
And1: 10,874

Post#15 » by insfo » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:49 pm

Semi-lurker then, semi-lurker now. Heat fan all along though. Let's see whom all you are able to get out of hibernation, BFO.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,298

Post#16 » by Wiltside » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:19 am

Nice to see a fellow Aussie (and Melbournian). Welcome back to the fold.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#17 » by HIF » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:18 am

Let's go Heat!

How could you forget me BFO?

Your little one must be pretty big now.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
CaliHeat
Sixth Man
And1: 439

Post#18 » by CaliHeat » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:43 pm

Ive been around since 2007. Been a Heat fan since Jamal Mashburn was traded to the Heat in 1996-97. Was young and a Mashburn fan but it brought me to this great organization. It's been a great ride. Love being a Heat fan and this team is one of my favorites. Miami Heat, Till death do us part.

Will always remember seeing this picture here, one of my all time favorites Sean Taylor.
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#19 » by Dr_Heat » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:59 am

IN

:rock:
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#20 » by HeatFanLifer » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:17 am

What’s up with lurking? Feel free to post. It improves our normal posts to Iggie posts ratio.
OP for NBA FT record

Return to Miami Heat